The Half Moon Inn and Fest Hall- Part Two!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

I had been sitting in the taproom drinking and talking to other travelers, telling absurd tales and story's of adventure and our lives, Until there wad someone knocking at the door to the inn. It was the fifth knock and i realized no one is answering. I told the chaps i would be right back, and when i was in-front of the door i swung it open to see someone that had fallen, looking face up at the sky.

I Immediately helped the fallen one to his feet and said "Are you all right?" while taking him inside the inn and sitting him down in the first table i saw, He looked like he was about to pass out, With his trembling and exhaustion from what ever happened to him.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir finally sets them aside and flops back to lie in the grass again, a vauge sense of disappointment starting to set in. Maybe the picnic wasn't such a great idea after all. Then he gets another idea. He takes her hands, and gently pulls her down beside him.

He slips his arms around her, wondering just how far he can go. If she hasn't already lost interest. He mentally kicks himself, wishing he didn't feel so inadequite and uncertain, but finally just gives a mental shrug and pulls her closer for a long, tender kiss.

"I hope you're enjoying the picnic, Drina. I really want this to be perfect. You haven't said anything for a while. Is everything alright?"

He looks at her expectantly, still wondering what's going through her mind.

OOC: Drina, you still here? anybody? Hellooo!!!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Tobias Black
Maid
Maid

Post by Tobias Black »

I smiled up at the pair of tieflings standing up.

Or were there three?

I couldn't tell, they wouldn't stop moving.

"band a drinking of never dwarves at take challenge on..."

Wait, that didn't sound right. I held up my hand to forstall any questions, this time saying it slowly.

"Never challenge a band of dwarves to a drinking contest all by yourself."

With that little gem of wisdom delivered, I squinted at one of the tieflings in his four eyes.

Four eyes? That couldn't be right.

"Do you have a cure for hangovers?" I asked him.
A pint of ale, a pint of blood
Buys men without a name
We never care who wins the war
So you can keep your fame
Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Post by Zzadrina Kel'Shri »

Zzadrina had been distracted for most the time, thinking. That would happen to her sometimes; her brain would go off on a tangent, and then everything else around her would fade. However, being kissed brought her right back to the threshold of alertness, and she caught the tail end of Lothirs question.
[color=indigo:1uj8o1lk]" Oh, I'm sorry. Sometimes I start thinking, and then everything else goes on for the ride."[/color:1uj8o1lk] She sent him a sheepish smile and kissed the tip of his nose before reaching down and taking a sip of her wine.
[color=indigo:1uj8o1lk]" Yes, I am enjoying myself, very much." [/color:1uj8o1lk]She eyed his knives.
[color=indigo:1uj8o1lk]" I know someone who could juggle 15 knives at a time without a scratch. Her name is Destry, shes incredible at it, learned it from a traveling Calimshanii circus performer."[/color:1uj8o1lk]

OOC:-curses real life into oblivion->.<
" Hey Lil, what''''s going on in the world news today?"
" Some woman got whacked!"
"....Apparently, this is cause for celebration in Lil Land."
--My friend and I
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Just a moment" I said, In awe that he would even think about challenging dwarves, Not one but an entire GROUP by himself. I went into the taproom and when over to the little wood stove and took a small kettle that another traveling monk had left to brew tea after staying in the inn. I went out the back door with the kettle to the stone well out in the front, I lowered the bucket, Lifting it back up with cold water, I poured the water into the kettle and walked back, Putting the kettle on the stove, and boiling it, Putting the healing herbs and tea bags in and finally finishing the tea. I poured two cups of the drink and handed one over to him.

"Drink this, it will help with the pounding headache... Don't know what i can do for the rest of your side effects, Your probably going to have to sleep it off."
Tobias Black
Maid
Maid

Post by Tobias Black »

I chugged the tea in one go and nodded my thanks to the tiefling. I could tell it was working because it no longer felt like a team of deep-gnomes were excavating my brain with rusty picks.

"Sleep...I need a moon-no, room." I muttered to myself, "Hey friend, how do I go about getting a place for a little shut-eye." I asked the tiefling.
Buys men without a name
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Heh, Well you ARE in the right place, This is an inn you know? Be right back." I walked over to the bartender and threw a small bag of gold on the table top and asked for a room, She threw back a key. I walked back to the nameless traveler (Kestal) and gave him the key. "The third door on your right is your room"
Tobias Black
Maid
Maid

Post by Tobias Black »

"Remind me to buy you a drink." I told him. My muddy boots left a trail to a wooden door marked with a three. After some initial difficulties inserting the key into the lock, I manage to unlock the door and collapsed on the bed.
Sleep for once came quickly.
Buys men without a name
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He shakes his head in disbelief. "Fifteen? And I thought I was doing well with four. You really know how to deflate a man's ego." He says with a wry grin.

"So- what was it you were thinking about? You didn't answer my earlier question. You know, about a swim? I wish we were close to the ocean. I've always loved the sea. Except when it tries to kill you during storms- that's not so great. If it wasn't for my father being what he is, I would have enjoyed being on his ship. But piracy tends to take all the fun out of sailing."

Just for fun, he starts singing a rousing tune...

http://www.imeem.com/people/gIJgpkp/mus ... y-victory/

NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

The large wooden door to the front of the inn opens slowly. There stands a female traveler, a half-drow, with a pleasant, but unsure look upon her face. Her dark gray cloak, damp from the sudden rain, is trimmed with silver leaves and crescent moons. She doesn't remove her hood as she carefully closes the door behind her and sits as at the nearest empty table. She raises her hand and signals to a waiter.
Last edited by NyssaRilynana on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Hello?! Anybody home? Just cant hire good help these days. Anybody seen Tal or Drina or Triss?

NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

OOC: I'm here. I feel so alone now.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: Well, I would have posted something by now, but Gareth is gone, and from what I could tell, u were all making googly eyes at each other in different rooms of the inn... didn't wanna intrude :) But, since the lady is alone...

IC: Elwyn's work and was interrupted by the arrival of a new patron, or well, patroness... another drow! Good gods above, they were so plentiful around here, he looked around the inn, particularly at the patrons, drow and teiflings, with the occasional human, such as himself, sitting talking calmly with the afore mentioned teifling. Certainly an interesting scene. Ah what the hells, Elwyn thought might as well be killed by a beautiful maiden. He stood up, and waving a hand over his unfinished puppet, the tools and parts floating into the open cavity in its chest, which closed soon after, he went to the bar, and buying two glasses of wine, walked over to Nyssa's table. He cleared his throat, and offered her a glass, "Greetings, may I sit with you?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

The fresh-faced half-drow glanced up the statuesque man standing before her. She gently removed her hood. Her silver-white hair catching the breeze through the half-open window. "Of course I don't mind. As long as you tell me your name," She said with a smile, clearing the seat next to her of her weapons and back pack, among them an eldarin staff, an elven bow and a drow rapier.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

OOC: Poof im back.

IC: I walk down the stairs, having being tired from walking around trying to help the drow that had the hangover I happened to see Elwyn.

"Hey you two love birds have any room left for me at your table?"