Among Your Own Kind [Aka, I'm new, lets be friends! <3]

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

A soft smile played about her lips as she saw Laelithra in the corner of her eye. Fully opening her eyes and letting her gaze drop on the Drow Female's shadowed form, her fingers seemed to race over the wood as the music reached a high crescendo, and slowed down.

The Fute-Player, confident that Eilistraee had approved of this one, set her flute away from her soft lips and into her lap for the first time in minutes. She didn't move, however, just staring into the distance with her strange eyes.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Laelithra »

"Hnn? Ah.." Like glass breaking, so did Laelithra's dead gaze, dispersed by her rapid blinking. When at last her snowy lashes raised her hands came over her head, which was now throbbing uncomfortably. "Who's there," she called again, senses numbed by her temporary enslavement. The burning in her tri-spider tatoos on her back reminded her where she was, through the haze.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

{Awfully sorry about the long wait =( I didn't really get time to posty ... and bye, Elrohir!}

She chuckles softly, but doesn't leave her post underneath the tree. Brushing her hair out of her eyes, she glances around, waiting for the newcomer to come near.

She slowly slipped the flute in a tiny holder that was strapped diagonally across her chest and pulled her knees inwards, resting her head back and staring at the sky.

"We will not harm you in any way." she calls out softly.

Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Laelithra »

(No problem, we're all busy sooner or later :3)

Relieved but not totally convinced, Laelithra took a few paces backwards, bright red eyes scanning the leaves and the canopy for the owner of the voice. They'd hidden themselves quite well, for even with her keen sight and night sight, she could not yet see anyone. A few small song birds settled amidst the clearing now that the playing had stopped.
"Then show yourself. Are you of the Elistraeens?
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

She smiles softly, "I am," she calls out, her voice as soft as the gentle breeze that blows at Laelithra.

"Believe me when I say we will not hurt you ... it is not of our order."

She slowly stands and moves away from the tree, her amber hair gently rolling off her shoulders as she moves, her movements too agile for most of her race.

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Greetings. I am called Bergeth'fryn, formerly of the sellswords known as Rilynt'tar. Nobody seems interested in talking to a soldier like me," a male drow says, his voice ragged and grizzly," Might you be interested in a little conversation, should you decline, I will understand. However, I do hope that I might find acceptance eventually amongst the people of the Masked Lady.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

Post by Lizarus Alkaven »

While searching around he found a group. "Hello. My name is Lizarus." He said with a small grin. "I am the newest guy. See ya." and he walked away,sliding his hand on the wall.
Last edited by Lizarus Alkaven on Sun May 10, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

A while ago, Zazz thought he heard music, the equal of which he hadn't heard in a long time. He ruefully smiled, this could all be just in his head, he thought, nothing new, spending extended periods of time alone could do that to a man. Doubly so for a wizard. Deep in his thoughts he didn't notice that he had walked right into the large group that stood where he heard the music from. He paused, trying to decide if they were hallucinations or not.
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"You hear that, Jeanne?" Lorran said to the ghost white cat that strode beside him down the trail. "Myew," Jeanne stated, gazing in the same direction as her master. "Yeah," he said,"I don't hear it, either. That music stopped." This interested Lorran more than it worried him. I wonder if someone needs help in this dark eve, he thought silently to himself. "Come on, Jeanne, I wish to go find the source of that music." Lorran exclaimed to his feline friend as he leapt off the trail and darted through the woods, Jeanne racing at his heels.
They ran for a short while, until they stumbled upon an encampment of drow. An encampment of well equipped drow. Great, drow. Just keep it cool, he thought. Just keep it cool. "Hello, fellow travelers," he said, using the power in his necklace to translate all his words into perfect drow. "Might I accompany you for a bit this evening? I have no camp or supplies of my own."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt regarded the new arrival intently, "Very well, in the wilds, numbers improve survival chance, who might you be, may I ask?" His cloak swung back to reveal a pair of well worn sword handles, and a spell component pouch
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"My name is Lorran, good Sir Drow. Might I know your's and your companions' names. It seems only proper that you give me yours." Lorran said, hoping these drow weren't prone to violence.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt gave a courteous bow, "The name is Zazzt, Mad Drow, so named for..." He chuckled, "A few reasons. I practice the Arts Arcane, and Martial, and, if I may say so, have reached quite a standing in both. And how about you?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

Well, he seems friendly, he said in Jeanne's mind. "Me? I like to see myself as...well-versed in the study of Arcana, as far as that subject is concerned. I wander occasionally, as I have been this night. I was led to your camp by the sound of music. Did you notice it?" Lorran said, turning away from his cat and back toward Zazzt.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Aye, that would be this fair maiden," he pointed at Laelithra, "I too was led here by her song." He turned to her, "Lady, why do you play music on this road, do you not know there are brigands about?"

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"I doubt this Lady has anything to fear from common bandits."