Among Your Own Kind [Aka, I'm new, lets be friends! <3]

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"Not a chance! How about you? Got any saddle-sores yet?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

"Nay my good sir, for I have cast mighty wards on my posterior, among other places, more than capable of dealing with such minor annoyances as saddle sores." However, he stood a little higher in the stirrups nonetheless. "Tell me, is that magnificent cat of yours your familiar?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"Ha ha ha. Aye. You could say that she is. But, she is most definitely not some common house cat. This cat is my loyal friend. She can use any spell that I can, thus making just as formidable a mage as myself. Plus her wisdom and foresight has saved us both on more than one occasion." Lorran said, a small gleem flashing briefly in his eye.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Seems to be a familiar to me, or a mighty wizard in disguise..." He squinted, "Hey, I think I see a great plume of red smoke rising yonder, a few score feet off to your left, should we acertain its nature?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"I noticed that also," Lorran said, pondering on his decision. "Yes, I think we should. I also think it wise if you come down off of your horse before we get there, so as not to give whatever's over there a clue as to our level of ability."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt sighed, and willed his horse to dissipate, he floated to the ground, landing lightly, "More fun if we were to give them [i:1nifn7f5]some[/i:1nifn7f5] chance to save their skins... Ah well, whats done is done..." And with that, he storde forward, seeming as a king walking in his halls. As he walked, he cast a simple illusion, turning into a normal human warrior, save for the eyes, which still stayed a penetrating red. Zazzt and Lorran came upon a walled city, the red smoke issuing from within. The scene seemed normal, save for the smoke. The walls stood intact, the doors shut, and even gaurds to man them, only they stood perfectly still, faces hidden by vizors. No one moved to challenge the approaching duo, until a melodic voice, similar to Zazzt's called out, "Welcome to the town of Darrowdowns. Halt an be counted."

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

Lorran was not sure what to make of the smoking city or the guards that stood before him. "There are merely two of us, good sir. No need for you to go to the trouble of counting us. Might we know why there is smoke billowing out of this city and why you fellows are simply guarding the gate? It does seem a bit odd for you to be left out here as the city with in burns to the ground." Lorran stated, trying to seem polite, but not cowardly. My goal here is getting answers, he thought to Jeanne. Yes, that's what I would do, she quickly sent back to him from her perch on an old barrel many feet away. Then she added, It seems some of my wisdom has started to sink in. Lorran hid his smile.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Aye, perhaps they would be better used in the city, go!" The guards turned slowly, and stiffly shuffled off into the city, "Fear not, noble mages, the fire is the result of a local wizard's alchemical blunder, we have the balze controlled." From inside the city, a sound as though of a building falling reached the ears of Zazzt and Lorran. Zazzt walked over to Lorran, "Since you are the human, you tell me, do guards usually walk like that?"

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

Lorran quickly regarded Zazzt's queation. "Not unless they've been in the saddle for many days. Or they just have a crossbow in their pants. Both of which I doubt." Lorran hastily cast a divination spell, revealing the guards for what they really were. In the soldiers place now stood before a group of drow. Obviously dead drow!
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

With a snarl, a fireball blossomed over Lorran and Zazzt, but their sheilds held the blaze back. As the flames died away, Lorran and Zazzt were greeted by the sight of a pair of drow, one leaning on a staff, wearing fine robes, covered with spider murals. The other drow had a bastard sword in one hand, and a dirk in the other, both glowed with enchantments. "Now that you have seen us, I am afraid that you will remain with us human. As for you Zazzt," He raised a finger, and Zazzt's illusion was stipped away, "Lolth demands your blood traitor." Zazzt was knocked off his feet. He got up, and drew a pair of swords, "Lorran, occupy the mage." He darted forward, engaging the drow warrior, blades flashing from all angles, to be picked off by his opponent.

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"Sounds like a plan." Lorran said, already thinking up a good spell to use. "I don't suppose that you'd care to surrender, would you Drow?" Lorran was answered by another fireball, which was also dissipitated by his shield. "I didn't think so. Then I can only assume that you would prefer that your death be quick and painless." It was then that Lorran's own spell was activated. A large blue-green orb appeared on the end of Lorran's gnarled walking stick. He held the orb close to his face, took a deep breath, and blew hard into it. A wave of tiny shards of ice flew forward and shredded the drow mage's arm. His enemy let out a shriek of pain. Lorran uttered a sharp command word, just as the mage let loose a large, roiling cloud of toxic gas. It completely covered the ground where Lorran was standing, just as he appeared behind the mage. "Wow! The would have done some damage!" Lorran said in mock astonishment. However, the mage was prepared. He whipped out a small blade and punched it into Lorran's ribs!
Lorran let out a small sigh as he looked down at the dagger that failed to puncture his enchanted cloak. "Dear me, good sir. I thought this was a 'magic' duel? No need for simple mundane objects like this." Lorran struck his opponent hard on the wrist with his stick, sending the dagger to lay in the grass. The drow was trying to conjure another spell, but he was too shooken up to think. "Checkmate, my good man." As he said this with his usual calm, Lorran put his finger next to the drow's ear, and released a small bolt of lightening into his brain. The nameless mage dropped lifeless to the ground at Lorran's feet.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt saw the the brief spell battle out of the corner of his eye, and made a silent note to not anger Lorran too much. He smiled, drawing his swords, and the one in his right hand flared to firey life, whereas his left hand sword spat lightnings. Zazzt whispered a word, and in the blink of an eye, he stood behind the drow warrior, his flaming sword sticking out of his chest. He smiled, sure of his victory, when suddenly, the drow's face grew from the back of his head, "Interesting trick, traitor." He also smiled, "Did u think to defeat me so easily, brother?" Both he and the wizard at Lorran's feet slumped into a pile of leaves, that was soon dispersed by a breeze. It appeared that Zazzt and Lorran were alone, at the gates of the overrun village.

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

Lorran looked on as the bodies of their enemies dissappeared in the leaves. "That was a bit unexpected." Lorran said, turning his gaze toward his ally's mighty blades. "Strong enchantments. Very well imbued."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Thank you, it cost me my old ones to get these from the Warlock's Crypt. Thank Tymora Larloch was not there, else I would have perished half a century ago." He chuckled, "I say we procede into the village, these two drow are those who I would like to see dead, now that they know I live." With that, he ran into the city gates, disappearing in a flash of light.

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

Lorran turned to Jeanne, whom now occupied her usual place at his feet. "Looks like we don't have much of a choice, do we?" He sighed. He raced after Zazzt into the besieged city with Jeanne close behind.