Among Your Own Kind [Aka, I'm new, lets be friends! <3]

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

"Do not trust your senses, I thought a mage would know that." Zazzt smiled, and cast a simple spell that made him appear as an middle aged man in ragged clothes, and a staff, "Would you call me a simple highway man now?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"That is very true, and I myself have had that said to me many times. However, my intuition has most often proved to be correct. And to answer your other question, to the naked eye, you do appear to be a common highway man."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Exactly, and I would continue to appear so until you find the tip of one of my swords protruding from your chest, so do not trust appearances, or intuition, they can both mislead you." With a wave of his hand, Zazzt resumed his normal form.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"Seems everything can mislead one these days, eh, Lord Zazzt?" Lorran stated, glancing cautiously toward the drow.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"True, even titles," Zazzt smiled, "I am no Lord, or King, or Baron, for I lost my holdings a long time ago... All thanks to Lolth, and her priestesses." He paused, sighing,"I once had established an orginization the Drow Arcana, a small cabal of wizards and thiefs, with which I planned to undermine the power of my mother, Matron Zoria, of House De'Virdeen. Not a name I expect you to be familiar with, but nonetheless, we are a major House in Ched Nassad, but we prefer to operate from the shadows. My father, Adon De'Virdeen, is reputably the best fighter born to drow, with a reputation to match Selvetarm's. Our House boasts nearly one and a half thousand well trained soldiers, all taught by my father, or his closest pupils. I head, or I suppose [i:28duhn4i]headed[/i:28duhn4i], the wizard school, and I am proud to have taught almost 500 mages in our House. As I have said, House De'Virdeen is not to be taken lightly." Zazzt chuckled, "But then, my Matron Mother found out my ties to Eilistraee, and then my cabal. All were killed, and the old witch ordered my death. Only with the help of my father did I escape. So do not call me a lord, for I am assuredly not." He rubbed a ring on his finger.

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"A thousand pardons, sir. I had absolutely no intention of opening old wounds." Lorran said, giving the once noble drow a bow of apology and respect.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Could be worse." He said, "I could be dead, and I still have the means to contact my father." He showed the ring he had rubbed. "I try to minimize contact, for obvious reasons. Perhaps I may recruit him to our cause, if it merits his attention." He looked at Lorran, "How about you, why did you turn to the Art?"

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"Magic has always been a part of me. I simply serve Mystra, when I can, and she supports me, when she can. My history is long, as I am about...87, as of last winter," Lorran said this with a slight grin, his appearance showing him to be no more than around 17 or so. "No. Neither you nor I have the time for me to simply sit down and explain it all. Also, on some of the tale I have sworn a vow of silence to protect certain, uhh...persons and/or groups whom must remain anonymous for their survival."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt smiled, "We are alike, you and I, perhaps we could find comradery, or at the very least understanding between the ones we have to protect, there is strength in numbers, after all, and I could call upon numbers aplenty."

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"Perhaps. Perhaps."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt sighed, waiting for anything of intrest to happen besides these empty words, he never was one much for speach, more of the acting type, so murmuring a spell, he summoned three horses, complete with harness and bit, out of the matter of the Ethereal, "Perhpas it was time we were on our way, to wherever it is the watching gods wish us to go?"

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"Indeed, my friend. However, I have other means of travel. I've never been one for horses." Saying this Lorran uttered a sharp command word. It seemed to have no affect, at first. Lorran turned toward Zazzt, bid him farewell, and ran, faster than any steed, off through the dark woods. Jeanne, the cat, stared up at Zazzt for only a few moments with her sparkling blue eyes. She closed her eyes and a faint blue glow flashed from her brow. Then, the small white cat raced after Lorran, moving just as quick as he did.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

With a smile, Zazzt leaped up on his horse, the others vanished, and raced after Lorran, "I believe that I can pace you with this, but..." Zazzt jerked up on the reigns, and his horse leapt up into the air, and galloped off, just over the tree tops.

Zyeke
Shihouin10
Maid
Maid

Post by Shihouin10 »

"A flying horse! Now that IS interesting!" Lorran shouted up at Zazzt, who was now straight up above him on his ethereal steed, while continuing his run. Jeanne now sprinted at his side and mewed to make her presence known. "It appears that we have a drow of many talents on our hands, eh, Jeanne?"
"Mrow."
"Aye, heh, and paws, too. Ha ha!"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt scanned the area up ahead for any signs of complications, and wasn't surprised to find the way cleared. After all, not many people stuck their heads out for a flying drow to rain doom upon, not if they wanted to live, that is, sometimes stereotypes worked in one's favor, Zazzt mused. "Hey, Lorran, your not getting tired down there, are you?"

Zyeke