An RP...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Malek
Champion

An RP...

Post by Malek »

Malek could barely see, as he walked on through the Icewind Dale. The blizzard had come on so suddenly. He put up his hood and wrapped his cloak around him. His head bowed against the wind, he knew his life was drawing to a close because of the weather. His teeth were chattering despite the magical resistance to cold that Snow Leopard granted. He stumbled to his knees, tripping on an object, buried in the snow. While before he had been using his keen sense of balance to walk on the snow, he face was now nearly buried in it. "Eilistraee. Please. Not like this," he whispered to himself.

A sound made him look up. He saw a white wolf ahead of him. Instead of attacking, the wolf trotted up to Malek and nudged his face to look up. When he finally did, he saw the wolf had started to walk away, but was looking back, waiting for him. Malek stood up, and followed. The wolf led him to a cave, its den. The wolf entered, and Malek followed.

On one side of the cave sat another white wolf and in the middle, three wolf pups were playing. Malek could tell that the wolf that was sitting off to the side was their mother, and the wolf that had led him here was the father. A few feet into the cave, Malek knelt down and put his hands out in front of him, near the ground. The wolf pups scurried over to sniff and lick his hands. As they did, they yipped their excitement to their parents about this strange creature.

Suddenly, a larger paw had stepped in front of him. Looking up, Malek looked straight into the eyes of the She-wolf. Malek could see the reflection of the full moon in her eyes, despite the blizzard. It seemed an eternity took place in that one moment. She licked his forehead, and walked back to settle down next to her mate. Malek stood, and looked outside. The moon was not visible from behind that storm. He walked farther into the cave, laying down a few feet from the wolves. The pups went back to their play-fighting. Malek took joy in watching the pups play. As he began to fall asleep, he felt the adult wolves lay down right next to him, so that when he fell asleep, they would share their warmth with him. Malek said a prayer to Eilistraee, thanking her for this blessing, and promptly fell asleep.

When Malek woke up, the storm was over, and the sun was high. There was no sign of the wolves. Not a hair in the cave, not a paw print in the snow. The cave did not even smell of wolves. Using all his skills, he could gather no evidence that their had been any wolves in the cave for months. He remembered the way the moon had shone from the female's eyes. Chuckling to himself, he moved to the cave entrance to see what the new day had in store for him.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: You'll see a small old tanned dwarf wearing very little except a very LONG white beard that covers anything vital. Also no apologies for an unrepenting steal of Elminster's line!

IC: Ulbrek was taking a brisk morning walk after storm bathing when he saw a drow leaving a cave ahead of him.

"Ho there wanderer, stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." he calls out.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: I am assuming that you are talking to Malek.

IC: Salutations, Master Dwarf. What would you ask of me?

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

OOC: uhm.. i dont know the dwarfs name XD!!

IC:

he was traveling to icewind dale this beautiful morning..
the early morning went without events..

but when the he saw a form coming out of a cave
he quickly ran away from the trail to hide and discern who it was

when he noticed that the man was moon elf he returned to the trail to
stand infront of the elf. he stared hard at the elf , not knowing if he was hostile or not , he placed his hands on the hilts of his swords..
Last edited by Delvaro on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak rose from the Mountain side, seeing someone watching him. "Well, I guess you can't really be good at combat AND stealth nowadays, can you?" He jumps down from the ledge to land on equal ground with all the others that were gathered around this cave. "My question to you though, is why are you making so much noise? I heard you from my shack, halfway up this mountain, while you were all yappin away. Things more dangerous than drow live here, you know that, right?" He smiled, and nodded his head towards the one with their hands on their swords. "You need not be so cautious. I'm kind enough to anyone who's kind back." And as a general thing to say to begin a conversation, Eleak says, "My what a storm we had last night, wasn't it? I was surprised my shack stayed standing!"
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek nods to the newcomer. "Indeed. If it weren't for the grace of Eilistraee, I would probably be dead."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Well then, that's two of us who owe our lives to Eilistraee. She's saved me more times than I can count, and she continues to grace me with company. What's your name friend? And how did you come to this frozen land?"
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek smiles. "I am Malek Tarynmoth, a Ranger in the service of the Dark Maiden. I am unsure why I am here. I was traveling near Silverymoon when I felt a strong impression that I should go to the Icewind Dale. And here I stand." Malek looks around for a moment, fully aware that his story sounds strange. Malek addresses Eleak, "What of you, friend? Who are you?"

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"I am a man who once wanted everything in the world. Now, I satnd before you, as a humble servant of the Lady of the Dance who calls himself Eleak." Eleak's Ice blue eyes seem to match the setting very well, while his white hair also helps him blend in. The only thing that makes his slightly distinguishable in the snow is his black skin. He turns and looks at the other two who are there along with Malek, and says to them, "And who might the two of you be? Friends of Malek's? Or just travelers who happened to encounter him?"
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

OH DAMN this totaly got out of control... now i dont know what to write...

ill edit my first post to say that i was traveling alone..

IC :

"Delvaro Val'serra at yer service! but you can call me del as every one else calls me.." he said somberly. "i was going to the home of drizzt do'urden , icewind dale , to start my life here as the do'urden did. well met!" he stated. he watched the moon elf "you follow eilistraee..?" he asked malek.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek chuckles. "I have heard of the legendary fighter. Maybe someday I will meet him." Malek nods to Delvaro's question. "Yes. I follow the Dark Maiden. Her moon is my guiding light." Malek takes a moment to watch how Delvaro carries himself. "You are a fighter, I presume. You appear to fight like I do, with dual-wielding swords. I would like to train with you, for I believe we could learn much together."
Last edited by Malek on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak smiles at the other person, and says, " Well met Delvaro. AS you have heard, my name is Eleak. I fear I have never heard of this, drizzt do'urden, though I am looking for something to do. It often gets lonely here, and I've not much to do."
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Delvaro nods to both of them.

"well" he chuckles "why shouldnt we wont train together? , im sure that Eleak would find our company intresting" he looks up to Eleak waiting for an answer.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Matching Delvaro's Chuckle, Eleak replies,

"Perhaps I will train with you. After all, I might be able to teach you how to rely on one weapon when you lose another."
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek nods. "There will be time for many adventures. I also bring grave news to Ten-Towns, and to the barbarians if they will hear me. I am told of a warlord, a drow warlord named Xion Gladious. His goal is to conquer. I don't know if his sights are set on the surface, but the very thought of him makes my blood run cold. Picture one of these tundra barbarians, give him dark skin, disciplined fighting, and the cruelty of drow. I also bring news for any followers of Eilistraee. Rumors speak of strange tidings, that the house of Bregan D'aerth will aid in our cause." Malek looks to Eleak. "That is why I came here. To bring news and to test myself against the tundra."