Just Another Day In The Underdark

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

He would stop a good 30 feet from the others, giving great example of himself for any to detail. He wasn't your average Drow, not by any means, and his gazing eyes that fickle through the darkness would have given that proof. That casted shadow beyond the blackness of the tunnels, his True seeing would cone through, filtering through the magical spells meant to hide through invisibility and depthly shadowed spells.

" My my... " That sinister smiled poised about his features. Eyes darting about clearly through the spells put off, and the others in the surrounding 120 foot area of his center. Curiosity was at his disposal, so how would they, the all of them act to this giant of a Drow.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Tyrmer dissappears to the sight of most when the spell affects him, though not all.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Delvaro glimpsed at the huge drow.. that had him frozen in place!
he watched the huge drow with awe and fear though he did not know him or heard of.. he knew somehow that he should fear him..
"W.. w... who are you?" he stamered , speaking to the strange drow.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

OOC: I can't make her the Goddess of Divine Protection, but can I make her the next Mystra? XD - and thankee ^^
IC: Rams her back into the wall, waving a hand wildly to stop any quarrels from touching her face. She sees Xion, cursing under her breath, flashing a message to Del in the silnet hand code, onnly hoping that he could see.
[i:3dh6xjj6] We need to escape! [/i:3dh6xjj6]
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The lizaed frimly adhered to the ceiling by its feet, hisses softly as the others near the traget. The cross bow turns to meet the hiss even as the magic is cast. 5 to one (perhaps 2) are not the best odds to recapture one slave. It even appeared the female resisted the sleep poison.

The ready poison bolt is fired at Xion, and the lizard then runs along the ceiling away from the 5. After all there are times to fight and times to live.
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

He looked to the woman that altered some form of hint. Not that he knew what it was, but from the expression of her face, it was obvious she was indeed confused. His eyes turned to Delvaro, giving an ample amount of time for the bitter and uncomfortable silence to set in before he spoke.

"[color=darkred:fy6bx8mv] I am the ruler of Ilythiiri Thac'zilen, Slaughter King, Xion Gladious. [/color:fy6bx8mv]" He would give the full title, out of respect, habit, and to see if the name would ring a bell to any that could hear his clear vocals grasping around the surrounding area. That chill around his spin, even before precognition set in to surround him with the early warning, the bolt hissed across the air twards Xion's direction. He was a seasoned warrior who had his share of battle, experience and bloodshed. His right shoulder would roll back with a calm step to allow the bolt to fly just in front of his new angle and deflect from the stone ground below and more than 5 feet from him.

At the rate of speed, angle and distance, it would arc and bounce away, skidding across the ground more than 20 feet, proof that this menace who shot at him meant business. With a sigh to escape him and relax down his shoulders, the adamantine armor shifted against his form's stance, turning his head to see past the darkness of the cave tops, altering his skin, his veins to shift about and grant him high amounts of tremorsense. Not only could he feel the ground below him, the every movement delicately through his body, but he could feel the waves of energy that granted a foresight beyond the shifted eyes of Darkvishion.

"[color=darkred:fy6bx8mv] Hmm... [/color:fy6bx8mv]" His eyes, and face turned to the direction of the outline of movement that gave way through vibration. It was on the ceiling, crawling away at a hasted speed.

"[color=darkred:fy6bx8mv] You have nothing to fear, take the filth as you so desire. I simply came to watch. [/color:fy6bx8mv]" His smile was the first to show once more, curling wickedly around his lips with a pearly maw of teeth. His eyes shifted again to glare at the male who asked the question, and the one who was gesturing some form of symbol, his face would turn to finish the ideas that his attention was on them.

Now what would they do with the information they had? Would they spread his name, rumors of his place in this city walls, this male ruler known for war amongst his own kind. Destroying anything in his path.
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

He watched how Xion evased the quarrel..
he knew the name..
he knew the drows reputation..
a reputation of killing , slaughtering and rulling.

he notices that the quarrels stoped flying , and noticed his companion.
"[i:xeyks4gn]It is a drow of great reputation! we must escape somehow![/i:xeyks4gn]" he flashed to her.
he looked at Xion again and understood that he was waiting for an answer.

"greetings to you , great ruler of Ilythiiri Thac'zilen" he said and dipped into a respectful bow. "your reputation perceeds you"
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

She blinks, gesturing to Tymer's unconscious body, [i:1xwrcbgu] How are we to leave him like this? We can't escape anyhow - I sense that we have more than one enemy ... [/i:1xwrcbgu]
She looks up to Xion - she had never heard the name, and didn't care, "We care not for who, or what you are ... leave us!"

Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Del winced at her respond [i:d4rzcqfc]"we cant run! he will cut us in mere seconds if you will continue to talk like that to him"[/i:d4rzcqfc] he flashed her back. he weited for a respond from Xion
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Okay not quite how I planned this RP to go but hey :p

IC: Tyrmer wakes up and groans, a splitting pain running right through his body. Upon seeing the drow around him he mutters some choice curses and attempts to lever himself to his feet; before sinking back down into the muck under his own weight, groaning.
Titles:

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Many do not know the joys and risks of riding a lizard. In some ways your best friend but in others a hazard to your own life. Running on the top of a tunnel always has it risk as a lizard does not see well in the dark. The fleeing from the large Drow clearly made sense, the words of assurance he only wanted to watch a battle three on one sounding as false as most Drow statements, urges the lizard further away from the four. One down, the female at last glance not fully effected, the large Drow moving quick to avoid a hasty shot... all add up to a point where seeking one slave with perhaps a bonus a high risk idea.

About 150 from where the shots were made, just to ruin the day more, the lizard senses fail in steping on loose rocks in the ceiling and both go crashing down to the floor with a shower of rocks going with them.
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

Xion would look to the waking slave, unable to move, or motivate himself from his dire position. As for the others, one states to know his reputation, why another so ignorantly hisses at one above royal blood, this foul mouthed woman has no sense, or for that matter need to live. Not that Xion would even muster his sword hand to grip her scrawny throat and choke the life from her, no, she wasn't worth his effort. Her ignorance was partially understandable, but if she proved any more lacking in mental function then he could nearly bet that she would see her own demise.

Their were plenty of egotistical Drow in these city walls, some that would kill for even the utmost unpleasant of glances, and as for the commoners, their wasn't much they could do.

" [color=darkred:2lf8ywph]Well, it seems your opportunity has roused, I would take this pathetic slave and leave with haste.[/color:2lf8ywph] " The sounds of the crumbling earth finally reaching the surroundings. As for him, vibrations of movement were quicker than sound, the early warning tingle through his body from the tremorsense allowed him that much knowledge just shy of a few seconds.

" [color=darkred:2lf8ywph]Leave with your slave, and take this moment to indulge your need to butt into fascination.[/color:2lf8ywph] " His right hand lifted, gesturing them off with not even a second glance. He would turn on his heels, and just as he came, his calm, heavy greaved steps would lead him from their position, his entertainment was growing thin.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

She notices Tyrmer waking up, bending down over him at once to see if he was okay. Her lighter skin and dark hair showed her to be of a Surface elven heritage, though she obviously had a bit of Drow in her as well. When she spoke, it was in a richly-accented voice, musical, yet in Common so he would understand her.
"We are not here to hurt you ... do not be afraid ..."
She helps him up into a sitting position, turning to Xion as he spoke. The noise from Bhaern's fall startles her. She jumps up and turns, gesturing to Del quickly and impatiently, [i:25p6uf8g] We need him out of here now! We need to find that Surface Route and escape through it quickly ... I don't know who both our enemies are, neither do I care - he needs help! [/i:25p6uf8g] she emphasizes the last three gestures by making a clapping motion with her hands, then looking back down to Tyrmer.

Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

"[i:344wkwii]yes we should , if he would let us walk out of here unharmed[/i:344wkwii]" he signaled her back.
"[i:344wkwii]on the count of three we run like crazy bastards. i will pick him up you run ahead of me[/i:344wkwii]"
he signaled her. "[i:344wkwii]ready?[/i:344wkwii]"
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: When you pick Tyrmer up he is quite light from malnutrition and no armour, no problem with his being carried.
Titles: