The boy, the metal, the maker

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Mortath abit surprised at you offer for her to sit with you smiles, but eyes turn away to face the hunter of a hunter.

"In peace we will sit, a fire made and a sharing of food that I found. There is no need for weapons at this time. Strangers are your friends, until they show themselves not to be friends."

With little aparent concern, sits near Mortath and smiles to Malek. "Come and sit by a warm fire" With a snap of her fingers a small fire starts providing some light. Clearly a camp fire. "I have some hare that needs cooking, perhaps you both will share in my meal?"
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek sits. "I would be delighted to join you," he says with a smile.

He drops his pack and rummages through it. "I have some dried fruit to add to the meal. I'm afraid it's not much."

After fishing through his pack and setting out the fruit, he turns to Talia, "I don't believe we've met. I am Malek."
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

Post by Mortath d'drostan »

:: As his eyes slowly dart and forth between teh two of you his eyes dart down to teh food for just a moment before looking back to the introduction..his mind finding oddly a small comfort as the female sat closer towards him..safety?...possibly but as a smile formed in slight his head turned a bit towards the mans name being introduced..as such he quietly spoke his name back..or a part anyways::

Mortath...(Maker...) is...my name
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Dressed in leater of a deer, sits close to the fire and spits the skinned and dressed hare on a stike and slowly rotakes it over the fire. Eyes glancing from one male to the other. As Malek sits and speaks a smile is given you. Looks at the fruit you persent, travel rations she wonders.

"Malek my name is Talia and your gift is welcomed for our young friend that has traveled hard and long to arive here." At least that is the signs Talia has noticed of Mortath. "He has have his first sight of moonlight and is thus to be a moment to celebrate."

Eyes turn to Mortath "Mortath, Xas I remember your name, though it sounds more like a job, then who you really are. For now the name is good enough though perhaps later you might choose to use another." Wonders if a Lolth House never gave Mortath a real name or if he has not yet enough trust to give a true name. It though matters little now as both males are at peace.

Attends to cooking the hare giving both to see her more clearly in the fitelight. A bow and a quiver hangs off her back and a single sword hangs on her waist on her right side, a belt knife, perhaps a dagger, hangs on her left.

"Soon the hare will be cooked enough"
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek nods at Mortath, "Indeed, a celebration is what we need. I was saving this for a special occasion, and I think this occasion is quite special."

As he speaks he pulls a bottle of fine elvish wine from deep within his pack. "If I'm lucky, my wineglasses survived travelling with me." He searches for a moment, "It seems the Dark Maiden has bestowed a bit of luck on us. I have three wineglasses and I don't know why."

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: Eyes and form wilt a bit to the pronouncement over his name...he felt rather..accustom to being called constantly MOrtath Mortath Mortath...but at the words to celebration his eyes rose up a bit towards the moonlight of which they had discused...but slowly traveling from the moon he viewed the stars as they shimmer and shine llike small gems..his lips smiling somewhat he would look back towards the two still a slight cautious but as time grows that feeling wanes:

I....have only known Mortath....

Mortath d'drostan (Maker of Metal)

I was.....kept and I worked metals...I know metals

:: The last sentance whispered mostly to himself his eyes blinked a bit to the wine...curious and yet aprehensive..of course he had been told of elves..how they were cruel and evil creatures even more so than his Mistress...but never had he seen them..so a whispered voice asks:

..elven......?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Malek eyes more intent, or appearing to be, concerned with the cooking of the hare glances at you as you speak and then mention carring wine glasses.

"Indeed you appear to be blessed by a deity if you can carry such fine glasses though the woods without them coming to harm. Perhaps you might say why you are in this region, our young new friend we know just arrived from the underdark?"

"Mortath" Said softly "At times a name can be found, though a maker as a title can be valued here greatly. Lady Silverhair looks with kindness on Smiths, should you choose her as a patron." Shakes her head a bit, her hair, a Silvery White, caresses about her body, the hair reaching down halfway from her head to her waist. "Nau, this is not the time to speak of choosing one of them over the others to dedicate to. You have still much to learn, but first you must eat." Drawing the hare from the fire, planting the stict that cooked it, starts to cave it into pieces to offer to the two with her.

"Forgive the lack of plates, but I travel light you will need to eat with your fingers" Offering a quarter of the hare to both of you. Nods head in answer to the final question. "Xas, it is an Elven wine."
Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: Taking up the rabbit he was a bit relieved to hear discution pf pther things to be at a later time..tired and weary he had not the sharp mind and careful witt he normally caried as he did while in the underdark..so numbly he would only not to your words before he was quickly picking at and eating the rabbit not even waiting for possible drink as of yet his mind only thinking of filling the emptiness that was in his stomach:
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

"The wine is indeed a strange thing. I was bringing it to meet a friend of mine, a cousin I have not seen in a long time. I traveled with only one wineglass, and it is actually made of steel. As you can see, I have three made of the finest glass. This puzzles me."

Malek accepts the hare gratefully and pulls out one of his throwing knives to use as a utensil. He then pulls out two more and offers them to Talia and Mortath.

"I agree on your name. Maker seems more like a title, something you would call someone in bondage. If I may be so bold, I will call you Duul'sso, which means free in your tongue. Perhaps Mortath Duul'sso. The Maker who is Free."

Malek sets about pouring the wine. "This is Elven Wine. I don't know if you ever had drow wine, but I find that it pales in comparison to Elven wine. While drow wine is indeed strong, Elven wine tends to be more flavorful, perserving the flavor of the fruit that it was made out of." He offers a glass to Mortath (Duul'sso :) ), and another to Talia before pouring his own.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

" Mortath, for now eat, soon we should go to shelter as it is unlikely you are ready for the sun. We though have time for this."

Malek te offer of the knife declined, the dagger that cut the hare was tool enough to snake on the hare. A portion of hare remaining on the stick for either of the males smiles and picks up the glass of wine and takes a sip.

"indeed a fine wine and more so a fine glass that you have here" Eyes study the glass a few moments before she speaks again. "Puzzles can be interesting, sometimes explained easy sometimes very hard. I welcome you to join my shelter as well, though it strikes me you know the Sun much better. It is not much as I was exploring thius area, but it provides a shield from bright light."

Completes eating her portion of the hare, one quarter remaining on the stick. Stands and takes off her bow, sword and dagger.

"I hope there is enough for you, while you consider my offer of shelter I will take a bath."
Starts to walk to the lake, discarding her leathers as she walks and then under garments that when she reachs thelake shore she is nude and enters the water.
Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: While busy eating his hare he blinks a bit to the mention of a bath..and a shelter as well..indeed the boy had never seen the burning bright circle that gave this world above the surface light. As such the term of the word sun was..new to him...so as his eyes watch you leave him with Malak he would quikly blink and shift a tinted red cheeked gaze away from you and towards the small flames of the fire before them his hand slowly taking up that piee of ore as he would finish the delicious meal compaired to what he may have eaten on his venture. The ore tumbling in his hands shone and shifted to a simple ball as he rolled it about unconsiously in his palm::

:: A small hidden hum on his lips played off a song..quiet and barely heard since he was not use to..otehres hearing the songs of the metal...the beating of the world that spoke through the ore::
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek coughs and looks firmly the other way, his cheeks beginning to go red. As he finishes his meal and wine, he listens to the song that Mortath hums. After he finishes, he listens longer, memorizing the melody. After a short while passed, he begins to hum along, though louder and confidently, changing it from quiet and secretive, it becomes a proud and radiant melody.

Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: HIs hum remained its secretive hum dispite Malak's joining. Eyes drifting upwards to the man a small glimmer was in his eyes...it would be then they would see the oddity..eyes of dull green instead of the crimson they should be..only when the light shone on his eyes did that tint reviel itself..and as the hum of both grew..even in such small amount...they would feel it..the world pulse. The grass softly beginning to glimmer...the flowers slowly shifting to open...and metal..the metal hummed::
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Bath might be too long a term to call it as Talia enters the lake with the simmer of moonlight still above, it might be called better a quick wash as she uses water to remove the scent of the hare and claen her body of dirt and sweat of the day. Dunking fully in the lake before departing her hair wet traced along her back. Exits the lake and heads back to the fire to dry off, gathering her clothing as she walks along the back trail.
Hearing the humming coming from the camp considers it, where does that tune come from she wonders.
Reaching the fire drops her collected clothes near and leans close to the fire to dry off, at times turning her back to the fire to dry her hair. A comb being used to remove tangles and speed the drying of hair.
Waiting for the humming to end or until hair is dry, for now just listens to the song.
Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: As his song..the song hummed to him since the day he touched that ore continues a soft wind begins to blow...warm relaxing breeze that seeps into ones soul and mind for clensing of dark thoughts or evil roots. As such the entire few feet from the boy began to softly hum and glow as the song was begining to reach its peak as he continued. Flowers glimmered as if off set by large amounts of dew and the very air began to sparkle and throb with the heart of the song..until at its end his body slwoly settled back against the tree and the glowing of the slightly enchanted new home faded into the night to rest once more::