The boy, the metal, the maker

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

The boy, the metal, the maker

Post by Mortath d'drostan »

:: Crawling, gasping pulling and tugging he would venture out from the caves that led to the darkened worled of the Drow...a boy holding a single lump of ore..a piece of metal would stumble out in desperation as his white hair was torn astray by soft wind. The Breeze..the sky caused him to stop and watch for a moment..a small curl of a smile of darkened lips.::

F'sarn duul'sso....

:: His voice speaks gasping with parched lips. HIs steps begin to move more quickly from the cave as he looked back towards it knowing he could not stay here long. They would try to find him..their pet... their little Mortath. Struggled steps slowly brought him to a lake..hansd dipping quickly he gulped down water so sweet apon his lips he had to stop himself from taking to much and tossing it back up. Slowly backing away to settle agaisnt a tree he rests in silence for a moment as a hand keeps a grip apon the stone::
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

((Cursed spider kisser *wink* ))

A sliver of moonlight slides over the lake and toward the tree you rest at. A soft voice replies. "Duul'sso d'l'charnaggen, jhal duul'sso d'l'quortek?" (Free of the depths, but free of the soul?)
Then a sleder dark elf walks toward from out of the shadows, her hands empty, and a smile on her face. "Dos inbal paken natha ust unboi, xun dos orn ulu plynn mzild?" (You have took a first step, do you will to take more?)

She waits for your reply.
Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: HIs eyes open in fright keeping to the tree as the ore was gripped tight...eyes slwoly travel upwards to look apon your face as they never even look to your empty hands::

Usstan orn..morfeth mzild unboi'en..vel'uss ph'dos...inbal dos doer ulu plynn uns'aa rath?(I will..make more steps..who are you...have you come to take me back?)

:: HIs hand grips on the ore tighter..a boy not yet matured having escaped now looked up in awe and fear to a possible wrench in his escape...or his savlation in a new world::
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Stops the slow steps toward you, no direct sign of danger offer.

"Nau, Usstan inth naut ulu plynn dos xor jalbol dal dos. Usstan doer ulu belbau. Cahallin zhah ussta ust gultah." (No, I plan not to take you or anything from you. I come to give. Food is my first offer.)

With a soft smile.

"Ussta kaas zhah Talia lu'Usstan onhir l'drathir." (My name is Talia and I worship the moon.)

Wonders if that means anything to you, but is safer then saying Eilistraee depending on where you came from.
Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: His eyes watch warily for a moment ebfore the ore was slowly dropped to the ground and he settles jsut a little bit hearing a worship of the moon...it was better than that of a spider::

Usstan....tlun Mortath d'drostan.... lu'Usstan inbal naut muth folbol ulu onhir....nindel vel'bolen Usstan zhahus della ulu....Usstan..Usstan xunus naut saph(I....am Maker of Metal.... and I have not found something to worship....that which I was told to....I..I did not like)

:: HIs slips begin to smile jsut a little as he turns to settle on his knees::

Orn..dos s'tharl xuil uns'aa?(will you sit with me?)

:: His lips whisper softly as eyes glance back up to ehr ebfore looking up towards the sky a moment...free....::
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek waited a short distance behind Talia, watching the encounter. He had heard the voices and the drinking of water and decided to see what was going on. Malek put a hand on his sword in case the appearances were deceiving.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: HIs head darted upwards for a moment as brows puzzled to a slight sense of metal...but as his eyes slowly traveled he realized one thing..he was near a mountain and cave..an area where hiden viens of metal most likely were kept safe from the forces of good and evil by nature alone. So his eyes slowly settling back to Talia he waits for ehr response his fingers jsut a few inches from that small piece of ore he coveted so dearly::
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

At the sight of this strange metal, Malek silently drew his right hand nilarn, Snow Leopard, worried that it was a spell component.

(OOC: click here viewtopic.php?t=772 to read my character profile, and find out just what the hell a nilarn is.)

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: He sensed it that time..his eyes quickly dart up and his hand grasps the ore....a glimmer of light within the darkness of the night and the boy was holding a small dirk in an aqward manner....completely defensive as his eyes darted left and right as he tried to sense that metal..his body panting deeply from the effects of teh change:
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek could tell now that there was no threat. His trained eyes could see how badly the dirk was handled. Even more obvious was the boy's fear, and there was something else there too, but Malek didn't know what it was. He came forward out of his hiding place, with his sword at his side, neither offensive nor defensive.

"Vendui, lu'al'doer ulu l'Duul'ssom dos rytho'le." (Hello, and welcome to the freedom you deserve.)

"Usstan tlun Malek lu'orn sila dos nau jivviim." (I am Malek and will bring you no harm.)

"Xun dos telanth Rivvin, xor Eldalie?" (Do you speak Common, or Elven?)

Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: Finally seeing the one who held the metal his hand releases the dirk causing it to shift back to the ore it once was..simple iron..nothing special within it but the boy was panting a bit to the transformation...he did not have enough energy from the small rest..nor enough ore to form a true weapon..or armor. However hearing the mans words his eyes ook up a bit as he collapses back his voice whispering in a slightly broken common.::

I..speak common....who are you..why did you remove your blade

:: The boy knew it was sheathed?..possible it could be but how would be the pondered question of one of wit.::
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek is utterly taken aback by the remarkable ability this boy has. It takes him a moment to respond.

"'zil Usstan telanthus p'los, Usstan tlun Malek, natha elg'hasek." (As I said before, I am Malek, a ranger.)

"I unsheathed my blade because I thought that the metal in your hands was a spell component. But, how did you know it was sheathed, or that I even removed it? If you have trouble with Common, I speak Drow, but it would be wise to practice your Common if you are going to live on the surface."

Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: His eyes moved over the blade a bit slowly as if studying it..memorizing it before he slowly looked back up to the man::

common..is fine...I know metal. its presance..feel, and abilities..your metal was dim..until it was pulled out..then I knew you drew it..because metal was more clear.

:: He nods slowly to that his hands slowly moving to pick up the ore and holding it gently ebfore sliding it back within his pocket..the small object having made the dirk from no more than what seemed to be a half dollar sized object....Slowly however he looked to Talia..she had been so quiet and calm since this mans arrival..it made him a bit more cautious::
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

(OOC: LOL, Bhaern's offline. By the way, this will be my last post for tonight. I'm tired and want to go to bed. I'll be back tomorrow.)

Malek sheathes Snow Leopard. Noticing the boy's concern with Talia, he, too, looks over to her and waits before questioning the boy.

Mortath d'drostan
Maid
Maid

:: HIs eyes drift back to the man once more..eyes watching with care to both of them before keeping his back to the nearby tree...instinctively his mind thought maybe the two knew each other so in caution of a possible trap..his mind kept a defensvie wake::