Wildwood: Red Eye Clan

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[font=garamond:1y3d1yry][i:1y3d1yry][b:1y3d1yry][color=green:1y3d1yry]-Ona's Cave~

Hagalaz eagerly drags Rez-frah by the hand and into the cave to Ona's dwelling. The sent of cooking meat fills the air and there they find Ona standing with a large wooden club in her hand, covered in blood.[/color:1y3d1yry][/b:1y3d1yry][/i:1y3d1yry][/font:1y3d1yry][/size:1y3d1yry]

[font=garamond:1y3d1yry][i:1y3d1yry][b:1y3d1yry][color=green:1y3d1yry]~Grona's Cave~

Grona does as Vanessa instructs, she gathers the three boy orcs and sets them down on a palat of animal skin. She prepares them stone bowlfuls of corn grain that was taken from a raid some time ago. After everyone leaves she sits with the boys and begins to talk with them about their mother.[/color:1y3d1yry][/b:1y3d1yry][/i:1y3d1yry][/font:1y3d1yry][/size:1y3d1yry]
Last edited by Ssin'urn Streea on Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

Post by Verlansia Arseaniamaen »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":247ubecn]*Verlansia, Bear apperciates the twig being removed from his hair. As you travel along the tunnels most orcs encountered have little notice of your bowed head, as they became more concern about not getting Bear's attention and quickly moved out of the way.*

~The River~ *Bear pads toward the river looking for a place that Bruurrn and he would like to camp. A fish jumps in the water catching Bear's attention and he wades into the river hunting fish, forgetting anything about camping.

Rez-frah watches as Bear and Verlansia emerge from the cave and the bear enter the river. [/quote:247ubecn]

[color=orange:247ubecn]Verlansia considers the bear for a moment, watching him going into pursuit of the fish. Her soft glowing amber eyes look back to Rez-frah and Hagalaz who has him tightly by the hand. It did seem overcast wether outside and probably not good for spending a long time at fishing when camp needs to be made. With the spell still in effect, she tries to reason with the bear, hoping she might redirect him from his desired tasks or that she might persuade him to make camp. She speaks with the bear in the pattern of a song so soft and low it could sound like the groanings of a bear.

"Du sterke og smarte bjørn, la oss skynde oss før regnfallet kommer og dagen er omme."

(Strong and clever bear, let us hurry before rainfall comes and the day is gone. ) [/color:247ubecn]
Isto's Dalhar
Maid
Maid

Outskirts of the Wildwood Swamp

Post by Isto's Dalhar »

[i:3ma34x2m][b:3ma34x2m][font=sans-serif:3ma34x2m]A caravan stops just at the outskirts of the Wildwood Swamp. A black leather-gloved hand pulls back the veil.

"We're here. Are you sure this is the place?"

A loud grunt from the half-orc just outside beside the caravan answers.

"Alright. I hereby release you from your charge to see your family. You must come back to me when your given time is up. Remember that. You swore an oath to me and I intend to make sure you keep it."

[color=darkred:3ma34x2m]"Yes Doctor."[/color:3ma34x2m]

Mu removes his full plate armor and puts them together in as neat a pile as possible and sets the pile inside the wagon at his charge's feet. Big electric blue eyes stare down at the pile of armor.

[color=green:3ma34x2m]"Hurry back, buddy. We have much still to do. Can't stay here too long or we'll be found out."[/color:3ma34x2m]

[color=darkred:3ma34x2m]"Ooooo-kay."[/color:3ma34x2m] Mu gives the halfling at his side a wide grin and pats him on the back, sending the man falling onto the ground face first. Morte grumbles and curses while shaking a fist.

[color=green:3ma34x2m]"Just....go. Now."[/color:3ma34x2m]

Mu waves at them as he walks off, following the river into Red Eye territory.[/font:3ma34x2m][/b:3ma34x2m][/i:3ma34x2m]

[color=red:3ma34x2m]Jera sits next to the river just outside of the central cave, staring down into the water when she sees someone looking down at her from behind. She spins around and comes face to face with the half-orc.[/color:3ma34x2m]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Snarg is unaware of the disloyal orcs, still dealing with Vanessa, he nods to her, make sure all are disease free Shaman that is your duty to the clan.

*Katze steps forward to aid Grona with the boys* Gorna and I will see to them as you check the clan.

*Vanessa nods, releasing the boys from her hug, then starts her own search for deiease within the clan.*

~In the caves~

Gargan *Bruurrn nods* Yes Red Eye will be healed, we will go cave by cave to find the males. Until all the clan has been seen in here. Then we will wait for any outside returning to check them.

~Ona's cave~

*Rez-frah notices the bloody club and the smell of cooking food, also Dragin standing watching* We have brought you your clean clothes, me and my wife. *He sqeezes warmly Hagalaz's hand, hoping she will not hit him for naming her wife*

~The River~

*Bear shakes a fish in his mouth, then stand still as Verlansia speaks to him. Then he pads out of the river to you and lays the fish at your feet. *Bear appears to be looking about for a camp site, or something else as he notices Mu approching and growls*
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[i:20zfi7el][color=green:20zfi7el][b:20zfi7el]~Ona and Dragin's Cave~[/b:20zfi7el]

Hagalaz sqeezes Raz-frah's hand back tightly with a surprizing amount of strength. She grunts.

Ona offers Rez-frah and Hagalaz a fresh kill, she holds a large bludgoned nutra rat by the tail. Three more rats are are roasting on spits over a fire.

[b:20zfi7el]"Is good day, food to eat and Dragin quiet."[/b:20zfi7el]

She snorts.

Ona takes the clothes and on her way to set them down she feels pain gripping her abdomen. She groans and sits down on a nearby rock.

[b:20zfi7el]~Grona's Cave~[/b:20zfi7el]

The two other boys being released from Vanessa's hug, look at each other and laugh, then go back to poking each other in the ribs. The youngest boy has his thumb in his mouth, grabs the hem of Vanessa's flowing gown and does not let her leave.

Kena watches these things and considers them, wondering why she hugs smelly old boys.

Grona turns to Katze, red eyes staring and nostrils flaring.

[b:20zfi7el]"Shaman ask ME to watch boys until she return for them!"
[/b:20zfi7el]
She pauses for a moment then adds, almost apologeticly,

[b:20zfi7el]"But you can help. I make them some clothes." [/b:20zfi7el]

Grona leaves the cave in search for the washed clothing.

~~~

[b:20zfi7el]~Somewhere Far Away From Caves, Near the Wildwood Swamp~[/b:20zfi7el]

It is getting dark as a storm is rolling in. Dark clouds form, mingling with the smoke in the distance from Elhaz's fire.

Her lupine ears twitch at the snap of a twig behind her. She turns around to face the other female orc.

[b:20zfi7el]"What news bring you?"[/b:20zfi7el]

The female orc is carrying fresh kill, a deer from the forest near the Wildwood Swamp. She drops it on the ground in front of Elhaz and stands by the fire to warm herself.

[b:20zfi7el]"Not good, Shaman make stronghold in clan. She use her charms to win favor of clan, even with children."[/b:20zfi7el]

Elhaz hangs the deer by the antlers in a nearby tree and with her sharpend blade, hacks through the skin with one swift strike, slicing open the carcass. She replys to the other female of the clan while gutting the deer.
[b:20zfi7el]
"And Snarg, my family?"[/b:20zfi7el]

The female orc crouches down before the fire, pushing a few burning logs closer into the flames. With a wickend smile and twisted inflection of the sound of her words, answers.

[b:20zfi7el]"Do not worry, OTHER women of clan take care of them."[/b:20zfi7el]

Elhaz's lupine ears turn toward the sound of the female orc's words.

[b:20zfi7el]"What you mean?"[/b:20zfi7el]

The female sighs and stands back up, still warming herself by the fire.

[b:20zfi7el]"Nothing...."[/b:20zfi7el][/color:20zfi7el][/i:20zfi7el]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Gargan nods and grunts his understanding. He opens his mouth to say something but stops and closes it again. He was about to ask about this elf's sister but something stopped him before he could form the words. If Bruurrm has nothing else to say than gargan starts to wander through the caves, shyly asking the clan members if they have felt the affects of sickness and healing those hat seem ill. There is no method to his work though and it is entirely random meanign that any ill orcs could quite easily accidentaly slip throug hhis net, and he is nto very forthright so any of the orcs that are too proud to admit sickness could conceal it from him as he is very trusting.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Isto's Dalhar
Maid
Maid

The River

Post by Isto's Dalhar »

[color=red:3reytds6]Jera jumps up and turns to run off back into the cave to warn the others.[/color:3reytds6]

[color=darkred:3reytds6]"Mean no harm. Name Mu. And you?"[/color:3reytds6]

[color=red:3reytds6]Jera turns around to face him, this being the first time she had noticed that half of the right side of Mu's face was gone. Like it had been bitten off by a rather large beast or something. And his hears weren't quite as lupine-like as her's were. But there was no mistaking it. The red eyes. Not near as intense as those of full Red Eye blood, dark and dirty, like two small pools of dried up blood. She had a feeling of being lost in them...drowning. Jera turned her face away, looking up the river while speaking to him.

"Sorry, my name is not one to be passed out to just anyone. You in Red Eye Territory now, stranger. Best have a good reason...[i:3reytds6]Mu[/i:3reytds6]." [/color:3reytds6]

[color=darkred:3reytds6]Mu frowned and looked around for someone else he could talk to.

"I came...so see family."

He looked back at Jera over his shoulder to see the look on her face. [/color:3reytds6]

[color=red:3reytds6]Her mouth hung open slightly, hands at her sides. She manages a small 'squeak' before turning around and running into the caves to find someone who would listen to her.[/color:3reytds6]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

~Ona and Dragin's Cave~

Dragin watchs what is occuring in the cave hearing and seeing all.
Raz-frah smiles at Hagalaz, appearciating her strength, perhaps their children, should they come will be very strong.
Takes the nutra rat from Ona.
"Thank you. Why is Dragin like that?"
He is about to leave as Ona is putting the clothes away when he sees Ona sit down on the rock.
"Is it birthing time?"

~Grona's Cave~

Katze grunts in agreement with Grona."Yes we make them clothes, dress them good." She then reaches for the ypungest boy and detaches his hand from Vanessa's gown. "We take good care of boys." Then herds all three boys into sitting down and waiting for Grona to return.

Vanessa smiles to Kena.
"Come we will go see the women, make sure all are well"

Snarg heads toward the cave enterance to find out all the things the clan members are up to.

~Red Eye Caves~

Bruurrm examines each male he finds looking for signs of sickness in them. He looks to Gargan from time to time.
"You do not talk much do you?"

~The River~

Bear selects a tree and lays down next to it. His eyes watch Mu.
One of the guards comes at Jera's alert. Heearing Mu's words.

"Who is your family here?
Isto's Dalhar
Maid
Maid

Post by Isto's Dalhar »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":2y6qjp8q]~The River~

Bear selects a tree and lays down next to it. His eyes watch Mu.
One of the guards comes at Jera's alert. Heearing Mu's words.

"Who is your family here?[/quote:2y6qjp8q]

[color=red:2y6qjp8q]Jera stands at the entrance and watches Mu and the guard, her arms crossed over her chest. A lock of her hair falls in her face as she stares at Mu with suspicion and curiosity.[/color:2y6qjp8q]

[color=darkred:2y6qjp8q]Mu nods his head to the guard, then frowns at the question.

"Hmm. Not sure. Mother died after I was born. Her family took me in. Spoke of dis clan. I come search out family when I became stronger."[/color:2y6qjp8q]
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Sorry I thought I had posted, how odd.

IC: Gargan looks at Bruurrn like he had said "You don't go crazy and kill people much do you?" As far as he is concerned speach is a necessity not a luxury. "Gargan speak when Gargan must." He says.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

Post by Verlansia Arseaniamaen »

[color=orange:1wib12di]Verlansia is suddenly alerted by the approaching orcs as she crouches down to take up the fish. The flame elf moves closer to Bear as the guard runs over to administer questioning of the half orc. She stands by Bear until the issue is resolved by the orcs then continues to urge Bear on to make camp. [/color:1wib12di]
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Kagurd returns to his cave and dons his armor in silence, running over the clan's situation in his head again, trying to see a solution to it. He takes up his double axe and feeling somewhat lost as to what he should do, walks from his cave, failing to notice the leathers he had ruined in attempting to wash them.

Outside in the main caves he looks around for a few young clansmen whom were doing nothing usefull and begins to arange a couple of small hunting parties. A good opurtunity to help train a few of them as well as gain more food, something the clan was always in need of.
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[quote="Ssin'urn Streea":fgvrci7j][i:fgvrci7j][color=green:fgvrci7j]

[b:fgvrci7j]~Somewhere Far Away From Caves, Near the Wildwood Swamp~[/b:fgvrci7j]

It is getting dark as a storm is rolling in. Dark clouds form, mingling with the smoke in the distance from Elhaz's fire.

Her lupine ears twitch at the snap of a twig behind her. She turns around to face the other female orc.

[b:fgvrci7j]"What news bring you?"[/b:fgvrci7j]

The female orc is carrying fresh kill, a deer from the forest near the Wildwood Swamp. She drops it on the ground in front of Elhaz and stands by the fire to warm herself.

[b:fgvrci7j]"Not good, Shaman make stronghold in clan. She use her charms to win favor of clan, even with children."[/b:fgvrci7j]

Elhaz hangs the deer by the antlers in a nearby tree and with her sharpend blade, hacks through the skin with one swift strike, slicing open the carcass. She replys to the other female of the clan while gutting the deer.
[b:fgvrci7j]
"And Snarg, my family?"[/b:fgvrci7j]

The female orc crouches down before the fire, pushing a few burning logs closer into the flames. With a wickend smile and twisted inflection of the sound of her words, answers.

[b:fgvrci7j]"Do not worry, OTHER women of clan take care of them."[/b:fgvrci7j]

Elhaz's lupine ears turn toward the sound of the female orc's words.

[b:fgvrci7j]"What you mean?"[/b:fgvrci7j]

The female sighs and stands back up, still warming herself by the fire.

[b:fgvrci7j]"Nothing...."[/b:fgvrci7j][/color:fgvrci7j][/i:fgvrci7j][/quote:fgvrci7j]

[i:fgvrci7j][color=green:fgvrci7j]
[b:fgvrci7j]~Somewhere Far Away From Caves, Near the Wildwood Swamp~[/b:fgvrci7j]

As the orcan women converse, small puffs of steam trail from their mouths and noses. Elhaz sits under the tree, resting her back along the trunk while brushing a thick thumb along the edge her blade, wiping free the clotted blood. Not so much as batting an eyelid over her slanted red eyes or even turning to face the other female orc. A little closed mouth smile starts to widen slowly across her distinctly strong featured face.

[b:fgvrci7j]"Clan must survive."[/b:fgvrci7j]

She lifts her face to the other woman.

[b:fgvrci7j]We work together."[/b:fgvrci7j]

Elhaz continues, with a slight nod of her head approvingly.

She then smiles more proudly, with a hint of a gleam in her eye as she takes the cleared deer carcass from the tree to hold it loosey and close by the edge of the fire.

[b:fgvrci7j]"Snarg good stock, wise and fair leader. Orc women know this true, trust his word. "[/b:fgvrci7j]

The other female orc frowns, shrinking back from the hot flames and responds dryly.

[b:fgvrci7j]"Good for clan maybe now. Not so good later. No good clan leader be fooled by drow. But who know, maybe he have plan for Shaman, or maybe...plan for you."[/b:fgvrci7j]

There is a long silence between them. The other orc woman then shrugs and rises from the warming glow of sputtering wood and flickering firelight.

From the playing shadows of the fire, Elhaz appears a good 6 inches taller up close than the other female. She rests the warm and dry deer carcass over the seemingly smaller female orc's shoulders, in an almost motherly fashion, wrapping the dangling legs of the skin over the front like a cloak. Elhaz's slanted red eyes reflecting a deep, penetrating stare.

[b:fgvrci7j]"Long time I known all orcs of Red Eye, I also know you, Tala."[/b:fgvrci7j]

Her rugged face hardens as she places a rod with the deer antlers attached, perhaps for use as a weapon, into the other orc woman's hand. Elhaz then, almost regretfully turns her back from the other orc and starts walking away.[/color:fgvrci7j][/i:fgvrci7j]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[quote="Bhaern Quel":39au97qv] ~Ona and Dragin's Cave~

Dragin watchs what is occuring in the cave hearing and seeing all.
Raz-frah smiles at Hagalaz, appearciating her strength, perhaps their children, should they come will be very strong.
Takes the nutra rat from Ona.
"Thank you. Why is Dragin like that?"[/quote:39au97qv]

[color=green:39au97qv]Ona's eyes flash a quick glance to Dragin. Her lips press together tightly over gritting teeth. Her nostrils flare open briefly as she answers Raz-frah with a simple but emphatic,

"Sniff."[/color:39au97qv]

[quote="Bhaern Quel":39au97qv]He is about to leave as Ona is putting the clothes away when he sees Ona sit down on the rock.
"Is it birthing time?" [/quote:39au97qv]

[color=green:39au97qv]Ona bares her yellowed teeth and squints her eyes slightly as she rests a green hand down behind her back, on the rock for support.

"No, not enough pain yet."

The orc woman lifts the bloody club in one hand and takes the clean clothes in her other hand, inspecting them only briefly with her eyes. Her ears seem to be pinned back against the sides of her head in annoyance.[/color:39au97qv]

[quote="Bhaern Quel":39au97qv] ~Grona's Cave~

Katze grunts in agreement with Grona."Yes we make them clothes, dress them good." She then reaches for the ypungest boy and detaches his hand from Vanessa's gown. "We take good care of boys." Then herds all three boys into sitting down and waiting for Grona to return.[/quote:39au97qv]

[color=green:39au97qv]The youngest boy's face melts into a confused frown as he removes his thumb from his mouth. He scratches his head and plugs the thumb into one of his ears.

The other boy look to each other, their grins widening miscieviously, as they proceed to stuff their fingers in their nostils, picking their noses, and fling dried nasal mucus at each other. [/color:39au97qv]

[quote="Bhaern Quel":39au97qv] Vanessa smiles to Kena.
"Come we will go see the women, make sure all are well" [/quote:39au97qv]

[color=green:39au97qv]Kena follows Vanessa, humming a tune to herself that she had heard before but could not place where she heard it. [/color:39au97qv]

[quote="Bhaern Quel":39au97qv] Snarg heads toward the cave enterance to find out all the things the clan members are up to.[/quote:39au97qv]

[/quote]

[quote="Velve":39au97qv]Outside in the main caves he looks around for a few young clansmen whom were doing nothing usefull and begins to arange a couple of small hunting parties. A good opurtunity to help train a few of them as well as gain more food, something the clan was always in need of.[/quote:39au97qv]

[color=green:39au97qv]Light of day awaits, peeking through the entrance of the cave. The sky is a murky, deep purple with streaks of yellow. Dry lightning spears against the valley's high and distant granite criffs. The female orcs, having completed the task of thoroughly washing clothes and meticulously cleansing weapons, are all gathered on one side of the caves, talking. The male orcs are gathering together by small groups of twos and threes to collect their weapons and join together on the other side of the caves.[/color:39au97qv]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

As the new day dawns.

~Dragin and Ona Cave~

The effect of the spell wears off and Dargin grunts at Ona. "Feed me woman. Soon I go kill Snarg, then tke Shaman as slave."

~The River~

Bear selected a camp next to river and tree, settles down with space for Verlansia. Bruurrn having worked way though the caves with Gargan looking for signs of illness, until ariving at the camp. With a thought starts a fire for cooking a morning meal.

~The caves~

Vanessa walks with Kena describing some of the simple spells. "But knowing is not having. Mine come from the grace of the Dark Maiden. Perhaps if you ask of her she may give you the power, but you must ask from one of the deities that you honor. Perhaps it is too soon for you to decide" Still wondering why she had to find an orce tribe a hostile elf to add to the mix. After seeing all the females that she could seeking to cure their ills, worked her way to the surface. The moonlight was full in the predawn and with little thought, droped her items by the edge of the cave mouth, laying her clothes ontop of that danced in the moonlight singing softly in Drow praises of the Dark Maiden.

-Grona's cave~

Katze works with Grona to dress and feed the boys. She does wonder when the Shaman will return.

~Rez-frah's Cave~

With Dargin out of action and Snarg gathering other males for a hunt. Spent the free time with Hagalaz with no other demanding her time or body. "Perhaps wife we might have children soon to free you from Snarg's decree of being clan slave."

~Hunting~

The night best for hunting having lead some of the males to tire them, considered the effort a good one. More meat added to the food supply. All in all a good effort he thought until nearing the caves again. The elves near a tree with the bear one distraction, but the healing was needed. A naked Drow on the other side of the cave enterance perhaps undoing all the good that the hunt did. As some he lead comment about her and what they want to do right now with her. They perhaps not noticing a silver light that surrounds her and even touching Kena. He looks to them. "We need healer now, but soon we sell her. We get more if she not greatly hurt. Kena become Shaman soon then we do the Drow. Get much food and weapons for her. We sell others as well and eat the bear. Maybe one moon. But if one of you make friends with her, perhaps we not need to sell her. She has many talents."