A long lost Maiden

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena did not answer for a while, for she knew more about these weapons than she could give away. They were after all placed with in these events for a reason. It was not to gain these weapons but to find them....Zelena shook her head as she knew she had to tell Eleak what she knew....she had to...

" A blade of The darkness cannot be used to kill Lloth...she would never allow that....These weapons are not weapons of Eilistraee..their seditent powers are far to wicked for the likings of Eilistratee...These are the weapons that were forged for the Masked Lord In all his sneakiness. It seems from further search with my magic with my item they are brother and sister weapons....however Eilistraee's blades....where are they? I don't know...the only voice I hear is coming from the underdark...that is where we must go."
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Eilistraee's blades are peace, joy, song, merriment. She fights hate with love, and war with peace. Eilistraee needs no physical blades. What she needs are blades to live within her followers, so that there is no need for any man to kill another. I thought you were a cleric of Eilistraee, fond of all of her teachings, and following them to their full extent. That way, there are no need for swords, or lances, or destructive magic." Eleak also fingers his sword, not the cursed one that he had mistakenly used in the last fight, but his old sword, the one that shifted colours. He felt the hilt, and it felt very cold. It usually felt warm to the touch, but now it was colder than any normal blade. This was very unusual.

"Zelena, I care not whether we destroy Lolth and her followers with these new items, or the old ones that we possessed. But it needs to be done. And I know," Eleak looks directly into Zelena's eyes. The new sunlight reflecting off of Eleak's ice blue eyes. "I know that we wil find a way to do it. Together.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena's eyes narrowed as she stared off into the horizon. She held nothing to say, nothing to do..except to think about what she would do in the underdark. She could follow Eilistraee, but her powers dwindled, but then again, she could not judge her own goddess, for that would truly make her powers evaporate.

" Aye I am sorry my goddess for questioning you....it is a sorceress's lore however, I am a horrible servant...a horrible servant..." She repeated softly as she sighed. She looked around, knowing that they had been in the same place for quite some time, wondering what could be done, and what path should they take. Turning around Zelena moved her body over to the side of a tree and leaned her head against it...." What can I do?" She said out loud...Hearing a rustling in the trees, Zelena's head shot up and stared upon the bushes. Backing into the darkness she could not see the darkness..." An enemy?"
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak stood stalk still while Zelena seemed to have her small epiphany. A smile crept along his face, knowing that she would once again be who she had been all the time they had been journeying. A kind, compassionat, faithful woman, who always knew exactly what to do.

"Zelena, you can have faith. And trust. You watch my back, I'll watch yours. And-" Eleak was cut short by the rustling in the trees. Moving with the liquid fluidity that he always had in his life, he drew his sword, and leaped into the tree, coming face to face with a small drow child. Cocking his head to the side, Eleak stared curiously at the child for a long time. Then, he said to him, "Who are you? Why are you here? And who do you serve."

The child was not that easy to get answers from, and instead of what Eleak wxpected to be words coming from his mouth, the boy let out loud sobs, while tears began to trickle from his eyes. Eleak sighed; this was going to be harder than he thought. Maybe the boy was just intimidated. Whatever it was, Zelena would know about it. Not only was she an easier person to get along with than a man leaping into a tree with his sword drawn, but she was female, and from his experience, females had a natural knack for how to take care of smaller children.

Eleak sheathed his sword, and grabbed the boy - much to the boys protest - and dropped down out of the tree, cushioning his fall, and that of the boy. Putting the boy down on his feet, Eleak says to Zelena, "This is who was rustling in the trees. He couldn't stop crying when he saw me, but I thought it'd be best to bring him to you. Just please, try to stop him from crying, it's getting hard on the ears."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena's eyes turned towards the child, and she waved her hand. The child then fell into a deep sleep as she sighed. " That child will get us killed crying like that. I suppose we cannot just leave him.....but what will we do Eleak? This child cannot go into the underdark? Should we leave him in a nearby human city? But I fear the closest city is Waterdeep from what we are. "

Zelena stared off into the horizon as she knew that would indeed would have to go to the city of slenders, however they would have to conceal their image as well. But perhaps that wasn't so bad, Dove was there, a servant of Mystra as well as one of the chosen of the goddess of magic. They may need some words with her......" Well what say you?"

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Staring at the child as he went down, Eleak made a small movement of shock. He still did not entirely understand magic, nor was he yet comfortable with it. And seeing how quickly the child went down to sleep, he was even more fearful. He kept his face straight as stone, but his eyes flitted around nervously.

Listening to Zelena however, he considered their options. "Well, keep in mind, that we drow are not exactly the most friendly people usually, which leads us to not being the most accepted in most cities. Leaving this child could be close to murder. But, what if we went to a city that has not heard of us, the," Eleak's face turns into that of a mocking form, saying, "[i:12zicen9]Dark Elves[/i:12zicen9]. Is there any city like that which exists around here? Because you are certainly right, we cannot possibly take this child into the underdark, but where can we leave it where it will not be persecuted?"
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena's voice was idly as she walked around the forest, her form moving softly and quietly.

" No, We will have to go to Waterdeep...Unfortunately there, I know of an entrance that will lead to the Underdark, and it is at the base of Waterdeep, in the center, last time I have checked. I personally, will not have problems walking around for I look like a human, even though I'm half. You however I will have to modify to the likings of waterdeep's racial traits. "

Zelena sighed then as she gave Eleak's suggestion some further thought. " These boy, these boy didn't just wander out here...there is something behind this meeting...I fear we will have to speak with Dove, Chosen of Mystra...I want to know the background of these weapons. Come Eleak....Pick up the child and lets go. We have several days of travel ahead of us."

She slowly bent down and kissed the palm of her left hand. Blowing upon it softly, the essence of her beauty reached out in white light, and wrapped around the child's body. Changing and t urning the child in the air, he became as light as a feather. " I've changed his weight to that of twenty pounds. Will you be able to carry him?"

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak stayed stock still as Zelena moved around, kneeling next to the sleeping child. He listened to what Zelena was saying, but he didn't pay as much attention. He was looking at the boy, seeing so much of himself in the child. Dark complexion, ivory white hair, typical traits of his race to be certain, but the eyes were what shocked him. His eyelids had remained open, and this was what made Eleak wonder the most; He had blue eyes as well, not the brilliant ice blue that were Eleak's, but a deep, sea blue.

Eleak zoned back in as Zelena sighed, and then began to pay attention. He quietly wondered whether or not Zelena was an oracle, or simply paranoid of everything. Speaking other than his thoughts, he replied, "Of course Zelena. We will find this person of which you speak, and ask her about these weapons of ours.

Eleak stepped back from Zelena as she began what Eleak believed to be magic, only to be proven right as the happening went on before him. Afterwards, Eleak laughed quietly, but audibly, and said, "If I was able to carry the kid when he was full weight, crying, kicking and punching, why wouldn't I be able to carry him when he weighs less than my armour, and is out sleeping? Well, to answer the obvious question, yes, I can carry him." And with that, Eleak lifts the boy, and slings him over his shoulder with the hand opposite his sword hand. Always be ready, he thought, and nothing will get you off guard. Looking back to Zelena, Eleak said, "Where do we go? Lead the way."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ Zelena watched Eleak with much interest. She knew he would never understand the ways of magic. How could he? He was merely a warrior, in which most of them were only single minded. Non of them would never know how hard it was to wield magic. To just fuse the properties and alignments of magic was hard neough to make a normal person faint or perhaps die. Zelena had her limits, and a simple reduction of weight was no simple task. However she felt Eleak's irritation, and this was fine. Zelena knew once what it was like to feel surrow and joy for another, but as time passed those feelings went away.

As Eleak asked the question Zelena merely rolled her eyes and sighed. "Warriors.." She said to herself as she laughed and began to walk towards the direction of the city she planned in her mind. She at first was not going to answer Eleak but then she knew she would have been do in just ignoring him..." We have a long way to travel Eleak, regardless of whether you can carry him or not, his excess weight would eventually slow you down, and thus our purpose would not be met.....I know it's hard to understand, but we must be out of this forest in two days, lest, the enemy finds us again. Any objections?" She said softly, as she turned her head and lifted her brow at Eleak.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak laughed again with Zelena's generalization. Little did she know however, Eleakwas not like most other warriors. Warriors usually fought for one thing, and one thing alone. Eleak however... he fought for living. He fought for whatever he felt like fighting for, be it a pretty lady, or the king of a wealthy city. He wandered, searching for a cause to fight for, never yet finding one. Eleak kept these thoughts to himself, but he hoped that Zelena would one day realize that he wasn't just another sellsword.

"Alright Zelena, I understand your haste. However, you speak of two different things I think. In my opinion, it would be fine if they found us, we could take care of them easily enough if we tried. The problem would be them capturing us, which would imply us losing a fight. I have no objections. So, let's get going, shall we?" Eleak gives Zelena a grin, and waits for her to lead the way of where they're traveling, waiting to follow.
IlseWitch
Maid
Maid

Post by IlseWitch »

~*~ Ilse Witch ~*~

Darkness was not something that ran away from Selena. Her emerald eyes focused deep upon the forest as she walked through the shadow without hesitation. Her very presence pulsated the shadows around the forest. She could feel her blood close. Her form slid across the ground as if she floated on air. She was almost there, almost on top of the very being she wanted. Eilistraee may not approve of what Selena could do, but sometimes goddesses didn't know everything. Selena was far too old to ever leave her life up to fate or destiny.

She felt the woman, and with that, she stepped out of the darkness.

"Hello....Priestess Zelena."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~Zelena Smile at the warrior, but her smile was quickly erased. She felt ackward, as if a piece of her being was torn from her body. Turning around, her dark sapphire eyes narrowed, focusing onto a woman who stepped out of shadow as if it was a part of her being. Taken back by this, Zelena drew her sword and gripped her Eilistraee amulet with her free hand. She felt the power of her goddess.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" It was almost like looking into a mirror. Zelena felt sweat drip down her face as she could feel the power radiating from the other woman. Zelena took a step back.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Good to see this back up.

Post by Gboy »

Eleak's reflexes acted before he knew what was happening. When a strange figure emerged from the forest, Eleak immediately placed the small child down, probably a little rougher than he should have, and whipped out his scintillating sword, it's plentiful colours seeming to shine.

Eleak stepped forward into the space which Zelena had vacated, taking up a spot between the new woman and his priestess. Zelena was still weak from the previous fight, and could be taken easily. Eleak, on the other hand, was not so fatigued. "Answer her questions quickly, I would advise you."
IlseWitch
Maid
Maid

Post by IlseWitch »

~ Selena Contes Nichole ~

The Ilse Witch stared at the male and smiled. She was beyond most things, and her lineage was beyond even drow. She tilted her head slightly and moved over to the side of a tree. The tree reacted to Selena's presence and slowly formed a notch plain enough that Selena could sit on it. She leaned against it and stared outwards.

"Zelena, is my counterpart from where I am from. I am not from this world, but from another. I am from another realm, which was destroyed. My lineage, My family is within a black orb inside of my chest. I left by portal to come here and find you. But never mind that. I am also a follower of Eilistraee. I am Selena Contes Nichole, also known as the Ilse Witch by many. Our family originated from two goddesses that decided to play with nature. Celeste, Goddess of light and Dark Morrigan, Goddess of Dark. They do not belong in this realm, but they are our only founders. I came because i felt your signature, and being that i was not occupied at the time I decided to find you. You are strong, and can become even stronger. Eilistaree is truly blessed with you."

Selena then turned her head to the male and nearly smiled and slowly withdrew one of her twin swords. The sword was black as night and seemed to draw the shadow towards it. It was one of Selena's swords of twilight. Her emerald eyes flared and her lips parted with a smile.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~Zelena ~

The woman did not make sense. Zelena never really knew her beginning. All she knew was that she got hurt very badly when she was younger. Zelena took another step backwards. She knew Eleak was there, but she could not let him take on this woman. She felt so powerful to Zelena as if she was a mere bug compared to her. Zelena found power with in her goddess and with that she drew her complete strength. Watching Selena withdraw her sword, Zelena moved quickly, casting a spell of quickness and strength over her body. Her steps broke the earth under her, as she rushed her blade towards the center of the Ilse Witch's chest, trying to cut into the thoracic cavity. She moved with in five seconds, evading Eleak's body by taking an extra second to dodge to his left.