Chasing Moonbeams

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Looking up from his instrament with a smile.

"Oh pardon me where are my manners. I am Lyf Oakenheel Hailing all the way from Evermeet. I am a Warrior of Corellon Larethian, Ranger of Ehlonna, (In a harsh and foul voice) And Hunters Bane of Drow."

As a moment of silence passes. His smile returns and brightens the day.

"What of you friend? Who are you? Where do you come from?"

The same smile and joy as seen before returns to his face
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Kaelen nodded, listening to the elf's introduction...though he quirks a brow at the sudden change of tone, as well as Lyf's words.
"I'm Kaelen Selunel. A...Bladesinger, formerly of the Crusade from Evermeet."

He gave a quick bow of greeting, never once taking his eyes off of the sun elf. If those words were any indication, he knew of several groups that would need to be warned of him so they could deal with him properly if he was encountered. "And...Hunters Bane of Drow? An odd title for a warrior of Corellon...seems more fit for one of Sheverash's followers."
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Perking up an ear as the moon elf questioned him further. Waveing his hands infront of him palms down and shakeing his head.

"Please Id rather not speak on the subject. I mean you no harm brother. For I to have ventured back to our ancestrial home to free it of the bonds of evil. Maybe after we get to know each other ill share my story with you."

Returning back to his Ocarina pausing once before playing.

"Dont worry about Jak either hes a good mutt." (Scruffs the wolf behind his ears and pets him loveingly)

Contenues to play but a more somber tune as memories of his past returned to him.

Since the moon elf had gotten closer he would notice his eyes watering slightly as he played. But stranger that are the dotted scars riming his lower eye socket and just above his eyebrows. Closeing his eyes as the song was picking up alittle in tempo but remaining a song of sadness. The same scars lined his eyelids.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Kaelen noticed, though he said nothing, taking a seat cross-legged on the ground and watching Lyf as he continued to play, noting the change in his song as well.
"Fair enough...though, there's not much about me to know. I'm simply a warrior, and I'd never even truly seen combat before leaving Evermeet, so it's not like I have many stories to tell."
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Finishing his song before to long. A few tears moistend his cheeks as he replaced the ocarina in his pack.

"No real experiance out of evermeet. How many winters have you seen?"
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

"One hundred and twenty-three...twenty four, before long." Kaelen shrugged, tracing a pattern in a spot of exposed earth with the tip of his dagger. "Of course, during the march on Myth Drannor I was afraid I wouldn't live to see that...and I still wonder, sometimes, with the dark things that still roam this forest."

DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

(Neyinssin, while traveling through the area, has heard the music of the ocarina. Her curiosity getting the best of her, she approaches the area from which it is coming. She crouches nearby, watching the clearing while trying not to make too much noise as she observes the elves.)
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Kaelen frowned, his attention turning toward the trees a moment. "Something's out there..." Rising, he began to turn about, his sensitive gaze searching the tree line for any sign of whatever was there, his sword hissing free of its scabbard.

DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

Realizing shes been spotted, Neyinssin rises from her crouching position. She swiftly sings a soft note of music, calling forth several small, glowing orbs of silver light ([i:sxaynl7i]dancing lights[/i:sxaynl7i], as the spell), hoping that this illuminates enough of the darkness for the elves to see her.
"I mean you no harm!" she calls, while at the same time holding forth a silver holy symbol that is on a chain around her neck.

(If the elves can see her well enough, she is a small, almost petite drow woman, with long, silver hair down to her knees. She has on a glimmering mithril chain shirt, and a cloak and pair of boots, both of which are a soft-silvery-grey. A sword is strapped to a belt around her waist, along with a hunting horn. The holy symbol she holds forth bears a sword and moon on it.)
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

"Not to young but still full of...."

Pausing as his attention too was brought to the treeline. The apperance of the lith little drow lady did nothing but spurn his rage. Drawing forth His longsword burning green flames wreathed its length. and bringing his sheild to bear. Cold ice blue eyes locked onto the womans eyes.

"The day could only get better before the ripen."

His voice cold and full of Loath for the dark skinned elves. Memories of his beloved Yvonne filled his hatefilled eyes with moisture.

"RRRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

Screaming at the top of his lungs as he charged twords the Drow woman. Breaching the treeline leaping up into the air at the tree to kick off up to another near by brough. Springing forth from it to a firm landing in place before the drow woman

"Remember this day Drow, and curse the loins of your beloved bitch of a queen that spawn your kind. For today you meet Lyf Oakenheel hunters bane of all Drow. Do you have any last words before you meet your end."

Standing at the ready his Kite sheild Shined with a mirror finish and nothing but a reflection of the drow woman is seen on its finished surface.

((Read OOC:After you read this please.))
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Kaelen nods when he sees the holy symbol, though his eyes widen as Lyf charges the drow. Moving as quickly as he can, he draws his sword, a spell nearly on his lips as he rushes toward the drow as well...

...and places himself between the female and Lyf, sword held on the defensive, his free hand ready to work the spell already at the forefront of his mind.

"Lower your weapon, Lyf." He says cooly, his tone calm and yet firm...he had no desire to fight the elf, but he would if he had to. "She's a follower of Eilistraee...she's not evil."

DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

Neyinssin's eyes widen as she sees the elf charge, and quickly lets the holy symbol drop back to it's hanging position around her neck. Drawing a silver sword, she places herself into a defensive stance.

Upon hearing his words, she tries to yell a response. "Wait! You misunderstand! I do not serve the Spider Queen! Allow me to explain..." Neyinssin's words stop as she spies herself in the elf's shield.

She stumbles back, trying to shake the images from her head. The other elf appears rather suddenly between her and Lyf.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

His brow furrowed as his kill was interrupted.

"I know not of who ever this elistraee is all drow will pay with there lifes blood for the torments they have placed upon me and my clan. If you do not remove your self from this path then you shall follow the same fate as this drow."

Waveing his blade menacingly

"She has seen her death be it by my hand or by another you will not stand in the way of my vengence."

All that could be noticed was a slight rustle in the bush as soon 650 lbs of Muscle Fangs and smokey grey and white Fur Charges at Kaelen Teeth bare and snareling. Jak attempts to knock Kaelen down and pin him to the ground. His teeth bare for any need of a bite. when either of the two are out of the way Lyfs green fleameing long swords point is heading for the heart of the female drow.

(Read OOC)
Last edited by Elrohir on Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

Luckily, Neyinssin had her sword in a defensive stance, and she manages to block the oncoming sword.

She shakes the momentary confusion from her head, and sings a prayer to her goddess. Calling forth magic from her faith in the Dark Maiden, she cast a spell she knew would protect her (per the [i:1rlann0q]sanctuary[/i:1rlann0q] spell, on the cleric spell list).

Having afforded herself a few moments, she tries to talk to the enraged elf.

"I do not know of the evils my kind has done to you, but I am deeply sorry. I do not walk the path of evil that they tread. I follow the goddess Eilistraee, who is neither dark nor cruel. Her followers wish merely to live a peaceful life with others on the surface world, and turn the drow away from the perversion of Lolth."

"Please... try to understand. I mean you no harm."
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Kaelen grunts, taken by surprise as the wolf slams into him, bearing him to the ground beneath it. His concentration shattered, the spell slips from his mind, and he grunts as he struggles with the furred creature.
"Aillesel Seldarie...listen to her! She's not a Lolthite! She's not evil!" Pinned as he was, though, his arm raised to fend off the wolf's snapping fangs as he tries to throw the beast off of him, there's little he can do to help her."