The Surface Path

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Silke thought a moment and then went over to her pack, a strange cloth looking affair on a tubular metal frame in a shade of green. From one of the larger of six pockets on the pack's back she withdraws a small retangular metal canister. It had blue label with yellow script on it. The boldest of the scripts letters looked like S-P-A-M.

Looking at any dubious looks on the others Silke said, "I fell in love with this on the last prime material plain world I have been on. It's called SPAM, which is short for spiced ham."
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Silke seeing that no one took her up on sharing the canned meat product from Earth just pulled the ring at the top of the can and then peeled back the top. Then she shook the can's contents into the skillet part of a mess kit she also retrieved from her pack. Next using the knife of the utinsel set from her mess kit and sliced the meat into thin slices.

Over the camp fire Silke then proceded to frie the slices of meat in their own juices as the sizzled in the stainless steel skillet she went back to her pack and retrieved a small bag of a smooth matterial similar but not exactly like leather. From the bag she took out two small glass bottles. One bottle was an amber color and its label looked like a stylized lemon and it had the following script on in T-r-u-e L-e-m-o-n and the other was of clear class and read L-o-u-i-s-i-a-n-a H-o-t S-a-u-c-e. In turn from each bottle she shook in a few drops of the liquid contents on to the meat slices in her skillet.

"You all just don't know what you are going to miss by not at least trying a bite of this," said Silke
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Post by nightcancerwolf »

Tanrurh growled.

?I don't eat stuff posing as meat?

He was completelyoblivious of the act that he'd just formed an acronym from the food's name by accident.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Searching his back pack takeing out two small sacks.

"Either way meat is meat by what ever form it is."

Handing the two sacks to Silke.

"Add this and put your trust in a Druid and his herbs."

The sacks are labled Crushed Rosemary and Dried Anaheim pepper w/ Lemon Peel. Inside are finely crushed herbs of the type written.

"Just a pinch untill you can smell the peppers."

Placeing two bowls and two plates made of wood down filling the bowls with his potatoe and vegitable stew. Handing one over to Silke an lets it cool beside her while she finishes up. Also he brings a medium sized round loaf of sweet honey bread. Breaking the bread and placeing fist size peices on the plates.along with two wooden spoons.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Tanrurh ssighed and shrugged his shoulders. He wasn't hungry, jus exusted from the lack of rest. Besides, they couldn't offer him the meat he craved, flesh, hot and fresh from the kill saturated in blood. He leaned back against the cave wall and shifted into an uneasy reverie.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Silke accepted the bowls and bread; then she dished up the meat she heated up. She passed one bowl back to Elrohir. Next she took a spot where she could watch the trail.

The trail was currently empty. Silke's mind wandered up the trail towards the High Forest and on into the Silver Marches. Hearing a small noise from Elrohir, she turned to him and spoke her mind.

"When I returned to Faerun I wondered why I came home. My people and I have lived a long time in exile on another world of the prime material plane. There I started a new life as a scholar teaching human youth about our myths and legends with comparisons to those of Toril and escepially Faerun's. Then about a month ago Qulie Vrinn, a distant cousin of mine, came to Earth with a squad of assassins. They targetted me, my sister's Sabine and Ursula, our friends Aribeth, Sinead, and Bianca, and my mother Nedylene Vrinn. I defeated Qulie in a sword fight in an inn called The Fifth Street Pub. She stood trial for attempted murder and was found guilty. Currently she is jailed in the Kansas State Women's Correctional Facility in Topeka, Kansas. One week ago Qulie requested that I visit her. She told me during our visit that my fater Friederich Rahn was captured during the battle of Morn's Forge and is currently a valued slave of the House of Vrinn.

It is a way into the Underdark I seek. I did not want to go back into Undermountain in Waterdeep just to get there. I often wondered why after generations our Underdark kinswomen chose to attack us after I returned from that long quest that began with my service in the Neverwinter-Luskan War. It seems that maybe the Dark Maiden's mother saw me as a threat, though in the battle against the Valsharess several followers of Lolth sided with me and the Seer. A year after my return home the host of my cousin Akordia under the command of Qulie her daughter and heir attacked my home town of Morn's Forge in the Silver Marches.

After the defences were finally breeched the Drow warriors under Qulie sack the Forge. Most of our citizens were killed or forced into slavery. Only three hundred of us survived and we escaped to Earth via a portal near the Forge.

On Earth after serving some years in the United States Army I earned an education in their university system. When Qulie attacked me in the Pub, I was teaching at Washburn University in their Sociology and Anthropology Department. My main specialty was as I said teaching Comparative Myth and Legend.

I hope to wrap this quest up before I need to be back in class in three weeks."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkblue:2skks023]Alkemar: "In three weeks? Hmm..... I don't suppose you could use some help? I've been getting restless sitting around here."[/color:2skks023]

[color=blue:2skks023]Xandar: "Please tell me more about this other world you were on. Were there others of our kind there? Did they follow the Spiderbitch?"[/color:2skks023]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"Thank you I can use the help." Silke replied to the first offer of help.

"Earth is what the local humans call it," Silke began, "and yes there are others of our kind there. They are mostly members of my house. We are a minor branch of the House of Vrinn and followers of the Lady."

Silke takes a bite of her food then she speaks again, "Earth I think is the home of the humans. The ones I have seen on the other worlds of the multiverse are likely descendants of those brought to their worlds by their gods. Where I live there we and the clans of wood elves and moon elves that lived in Morn's Forge here on the northern edge of the High Forest just south of Silvery Moon are the only Elves I know of. The city we live in is bigger than Waterdeep and is located on a major river and it is the capital of the local region."

Then Silke took another bite. After chewing it she spoke again.

"We arrived there after the battle that destroyed Morn's Forge. We were being pursued by the main host of the House of Vrinn. The main House is headed by a high priestess of Lolth and the conflict between that branch and mine predated my mother and like most inter-Drow conflicts stimmed from differences in religious belief. Anyway my mother Nedylene Vrinn is our Matron and she is a powerful priestess of the Lady. She saw that our home here was doomed and took us, those that still lived about three hundred Drow, Wood and Moon Elves, humans, and half-Elves to a glen that had an ancient portal on the crest of hill."

Silke took a sip of water from her waterskin.

"As the host of the House of Vrinn encircled the survivors of Morn's Forge, I and my sisters were fighting a delaying action against the troops of our cousin Qulie Vrinn. We held the outer perimeter of the glen as mother called on the Lady for aid. The way the Lady aided us was to open the portal. My mother directed the non-fighters, the wives and childern, and the old and infirm through the gate that was opened. I personally led the militia that went through to guard our arrival on the other side of the portal."

Silke ate some more of her food. Then after she finished her bite she spoke agian.

"I was on the new world looking around the ruins of an old temple that overlooked a small village and a graveyard. Below us on the highway that divided the village from the graveyard I saw carriage like vehicles going by occasionally without the aid of horses. At first I thought this world was one of powerful magic, but I did not feel the weave there as strong as I do here."

OOC: ok I will finish this later, I have to get going it is 8:54 a.m. today and I need to take my sister to a doctor's appointment. aufweidersehen
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"But I guess you were asking about the world itself, not the city I live in there. Earth when viewed from the heavens above it resembles a blue, green, and white marble. It has as varied a terrain as Toril. I truly feel that it is the birth place of the humans. I think from dealing with a human named Eric Mann that humans in from or another were transported from on or more diminsions of Earth to the other worlds of the cosmos. From talks with my mother and other priestesses of the Lady, I learned that the humans were brought to Toril and the Realms long after the elder races of dwarf and elf were roaming the lands both above and below the surface of Faerun. Legends say that the humans came here when the sons and daughters of Ao needed followers. So at some point in the past of Earth they brought the earliest Torilian humans here. I think that their gods did not reason through that descision as the people of Amn and the other lands of Faerun's southwestern shores can prove. Like the Earth's humans their have started down a road that well take them to the point where their development of the scientific arts to the point that science will rival magic."

Silke pulls another drink from her waterskin before continuing.

"I have had over twenty years to study the human race of Earth. Let me warn you that when you use those portals scattered across the surface of Toril that you won't necessarily arrive at the other location in the same time period as the location you left. The one my mother used sent our people across the veil over twenty years into my Earth's past. I used my time there wisely though as I did not think that I would be coming home ever."

Silke observes the faces of those gathered around her as she speaks more on her adopted homeworld.

"I enlisted in a branch of the American military called the Kansas Army National Guard. With educational money I earned as a bonus I went to one of their universities to learn a skill I could us in their world and to learn more of them."

Silke takes a breath to let what she was saying sink in.

"In their year 1989 I went into the full-time American Army and in their year 1991 I was in a desert country called Saudi Arabia as a security guard on a warehouse that housed human soldiers from the American state of Pennsylvania. I learned first hand the horrors of war on Earth. One night while I was on duty at the entrance to the warehouse a weapon called a Scud Missile slammed into the warehouse. Its explosive warhead was more powerful than any mage's fireball spell. The explosion killed nearly one hundred thirty of the Pennsylvanians inside and all but me and my combat buddy on duty at the entrance."

She loosens her leather jerkin some and pulls back a leather flap to expose a jagged scar just above her right breast that ran up and over her shoulder.

"This scar and a medal called a Purple Heart are my reminders of that day. I was sent home on after that for medical treatments in various military hospitals, but my real healing came when my mother came to visit me in the Veteran's Administration hospital located in Topeka. The doctors in the various military and VA hospitals between Saudi Arabia and Topeka did all they could medically to heal me, but mother touched my wounds and my head and prayed for the Lady to heal my mind, spirit, and body. The Lady has the power to protect and to heal us on any world we live I think. After that war was over and I was released from active duty I resumed my education with money I earned from my time in service."

She covers the scar and relaces her jerkin.

"I found the study of humanity to be fascinating to me and took up the studies of Sociology and Anthropology finaly earning doctorates in both disciplines. All this time I served as an enlisted member of the Kansas Army National Guard in a Military Police unit. I again found myself in war in their year 2003 when in their month of October which is a fall month in Earth's northern hemisphere. My unit went to the city of Baghdad in the country of Iraq when our parent unit an infantry brigade was deployed on a security mission. Unlike the earlier war in the same region I managed to get out of my time in this one without getting hurt, but I also managed to kill many humans of the Iraqi nationality or others that were fighting the Americans."

Silke takes another drink from the waterskin.

"A year after we deployed to Iraq we returned to America and Kansas. I tried to resume my teaching at Washburn University, but was approached by my Platoon Leader then Second Lieutenant Andrea Louise Maine and an Army Major named Neil Patwin a month after classes resumed in for the Spring 2005 semester. They were working for an Army Lieutenant Colonel named Eric Mann. Mann is a scientist that studies the workings of things, a physicist is what the Earth humans call it."

Silke takes a bite of her now cold stew. Chews it then continues.

"Though I was allowed to remain in my position as a Professor of Sociology and Anthropology at Washburn, I was brought into an operation that explores other Earths and worlds connected to Earth like our world Toril. My school thinks that I am just on a needed break from my teaching and research, but Colonel Mann and Lieutenant Colonel Patwin know I am here on a personal mission to rescue my father from my aunt Akordia Vrinn. Akordia after I helped to defeat the Valsharess decided it was her turn to attempt conquest of the Underdark again, well at least in the part of it under northwestern Faerun."

Silke looks into the darkness as if seeing again the day her family had to fight for its life against the onslaught of her aunt's army.

"As I have said once my Aunt tried to erradicate my family. I think my sisters and I helping the Seer and other followers of the Lady to stop the Valsharess prompted Akordia to attack our home first."

Silke withdraws a tube from her pack. She opens it and pulls out a rolled up parchment. She then unrolls the parchment. The parchment is a skillfully drawn map of the region of the Silver Marches immediately around her old hometown.

"I think that Akordia believed that since we joined the fight against the Valsharess we would try to stop her as well. She may have been right, but only if like the Seer someone came to use for aid. Our branch of the House of Vrinn has never been a large branch and since the household civil was many Drow generations before my birth our lot had not changed much."

Silke smooths out the map of her old home.

"This is the glenn of Morn's Forge. (Silke points to a small valley along the north bank of a river.) Here it sat in a bowl shaped valley in the Silver Marches on the north bank of the river that marks the northern reaches of the High Forest or the southern reaches of the Silver Marches."

She points to a well drawn hill with a cave opening drawn on it.

"This cave is an opening into a cave and cavern complex that leads eventually into the Underdark near my ancestral home. If I can get to this cave safely I should be able to find my way to the ruins of our old seat. From there I can find my way to Akordia's stronghold. At Arkordia's stronghold I can sneak around till I find the slave pens that my father is held in."

Silke pauses to think some before she resumes.

"I think I mentioned that my cousin Qulie and a couple of the Vrinn's household assassins tried to kill me on Earth about a month ago. Well in the course of the Topeka Police Department's investigation the TPD learned and informed me that my father was still alive and being held as a slave by my aunt. I intend to rescue my father then get him safely back to my Earth. Lt. Col. Patwin and Captain Maine both came with me, but we got separated from each other before I found the temple of the Lady I rested in my first night back in the Realms. So I may have to rescue them as well. Both Patwin and Maine are skilled fighters, but their skill with more archaic weapons like the sword and the bow puts them at a level the same as a young fighter just starting out on the path to being an adventurer. Any that want to help me, but not interested in going with me into the Underdark after my father could try to find them and get them somewhere more safe than the wilderness around here."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:1yf1k0fh]OOC:Maybe you should outfit them with Heavy repeating Xbows ;) [/color:1yf1k0fh]

IC:

[color=darkblue:1yf1k0fh]Alkemar: "I might be able to divine their location, or has that been tried already?"[/color:1yf1k0fh]

[color=blue:1yf1k0fh]Xandar: "There is a new Valsharess? This does not bode well..." *he frowns thoughtfully*[/color:1yf1k0fh]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Silke thinks over the suggestion of devining the location of her companions. She knew for sure that two not accustom to life in a world like Toril or a place like the Realms was dangerous.

"Alkemar, I have not had a divination for them done yet, but I would appreicate it if you are up to it," said Silke.

Silke turned her attention to Xandar, "I know, it pains me that she is a blood relative of mine as well."

"Alkemar would you divine for me?'
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkblue:3cmtvmd4]"Of course. Brother, could you help me prepare?" *Akemar proceeds with the casting of the divinations while Xandar asks you (Silke) various questions about the appearance and mannerisms of the two people that Alkemar is divining for.*[/color:3cmtvmd4]

[color=indigo:3cmtvmd4]OOC: The place that they are is up to you, unless you'd rather that I rustle up a location for them?[/color:3cmtvmd4]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Silke listens to Xandar's questions intently. Then she begins her discriptions of both Neil Patwin and Andrea Louise Maine.

"Neil Patwin is a member of the Prairie Band of the Pottawattamie Nation. He is a career soldier having served both in the Kansas Army National Guard and the United States Army. He is trained in wilderness survival. He is what the Americans call a Ranger which should not be confused with what we know of as a ranger. He is trained in both armed and unarmed martial arts and could be as dangerous to his foes as a monk. I understand in season back on Earth he hunts deer with a bow in Kansas' archery season and with a weapon they call a rifle in that state's firearms season. Of the two Lt. Col. Patwin is the most likely to survive on his own in the wilds of the Realms."

Looking at her map Silke marks the location of the portal that she, Lt. Col. Patwin and Capt. Maine came over into the Realms at.

"This is the location of the portal we used to pass from Earth to here. It is about a week's walk by woodland trails to the Temple of the Lady. (pointing to where a stream crossed the trail they first used.) This point is where the attack by the orc raiding party occured. We were outnumbered but we fought them anyway. The orcs left us no choice. The last time I saw them the Colonel was to my left and the Captain was to my right. Each of them were engaged fighting three or four orc warriors and I was fighting a similar number, but in the fog of battle I lost track of them."

Silke squats back on her haunches thinking.

"Patwin is tall by our standards for a human. He stands about six feet three inches tall, he has blackish brown hair, warm medium yellowish brown skin, his eyes are a warm medium brown. He was wearing a chain shirt over a green and tan quilted gambeson, a brown brigandine vest over the chain, brown leather guantlets, leather leggings, and boots. He was armed with a bastardsword, two daggers, and a laminated recurved long bow with about a dozen arrows similar to this (she pulls a composite material shafted, tri-bladed broad headed arrow from her quiver). Maine uses a similar bow and similar arrows. Maine was wearing a black and silver striped leather armor suit, black knee high top cuffed boots, a black leather plumed hat, and a red poet's shirt under her armor's jacket. She stands about five feet-eight inches tall. Her hair is light sandy brown. Her eyes are icey blue. Her skin is tanned from years of working as a police officer and serving in her Military Police unit. Her hair is close cropped and spiked similar to mine. If I was to class her profession or calling here it would be as a Paladin though I have not wittnessed her having the healing powers attributed to one. I noticed though that in her presence her soldiers or citizens in distress seem more calm and at ease."

Silke puts her arrow back into her quiver.

"In fact I would say that Captain Maine's actions often remind me of my first twin sister Sabine. Sabine is a Paladin too. She is in the service of the Lady. On Earth she is an Assistant District Attorney for Shawnee County where Topeka is the County Seat as well as the State Capital of Kansas. My other twin and the youngest of the three of us is Ursula. She is a ranger and a cleric of Eilistraee as well as a Harper Agent. Ursula is likely the only Harper on Earth. Unless she recuited Andrea Maine. I have suspisions that the reason Maine came with me on this mission was to make contact with the Harpers here..."

Silke rolls up her map and places it back in its tube.

"I am pretty sure in Patwin's case it is out of loyalty to a subordinate. Neil if nothing else is loyal to those either above him in rank or under his leadership. The three of us are all members of a special counter terrorist unit that also has a secondary mission of providing security for the project whose equipment we used to pierce the veil and crossover to Faerun and the Realms."

Silke sips water from her waterskin again.

"Maine on the other hand always seems to have alterier motives when she does something. Usually though the are in concert with our operations, but sometimes they seem to be drive by some outside force. Being as I have guessed a Paladin she could be doing quest for her god or faith."

In another clearing far from the cave a woman in black and silver leather clothing makes camp under the shelter of a large oak like tree. On the bare forest floor beneath the tree she starts a small fire, one not much bigger than an arming cap. She places a piece of bark leaning against a cross support made of two forked sticks for legs and another stick for the cross piece for a reflector.

She puts a stainless steel cup on a stone next to the fire. Into it she poured some water from her waterskin. Now she empties the contents of a MRE cocoa beaverage powder packet into the water.

Looking up from her preperations every so often she checks her surroundings for unusual sounds. So far all she hears is the native crickets and other night insects chirping away, the occasional call of a night bird, or the occasional movement of an animal.

Captain Andrea Louise Maine accostum to overnighting on strange worlds after three years of service with Project Looking Glass did not feel all that uncomfortable in the night forest of this region of Faerun on Toril. Even the fact that the night sky was different from the one she was used to did not bother her. Not every world contected to Earth in the cross-time cosmos exist in the Milky Way Galaxy. Many of Earth's sister worlds went through different though similar creation processes.

With her cocoa heating by her little fire Andrea took stock of her situation. It had been several weeks since she, First Lieutenant Rahn and Lieutenant Colonel Patwin got separated after their fight with that orc raiding party. Now she needed to see just how much of her supplies were left.

She had used up most of her MREs in the last few weeks and was already subsisting of the local flora and fauna. Andrea did stick to the berries, nuts, and roots that resembled their Earth cousins. She also kept to the smaller game animals and fish. This area's version of a bass was very tasty as were the local mushrooms that resembled portabellas. Once she even trades a packet of Earth pipe tobacco she usually carries as trade item to a small man that called himself a halfling. To Andrea he kind of resembled one of the Hobbits from the works of Tolkein. She had asked the halfling ranger about her companions.

"Rufus have you come accross a half-Drow female or a human male in your travels in these woods?"

"Can't say as I have milady. Tall folk usually leave a sizable wake in their passing compared to us halflings," said Rufus Farwalker. "If you wish I can keep an eye out for them. Now if you need a safe place to rest and maybe wait for you friends there is a temple to Eilistraee about that direction (Rufus points with his left hand towards the northwest.) The priestesses of the Lady that run that temple welcome all strangers in need regardless of their race or creed. (Rufus had seen the silver crucifix on a silver chain around Andrea's neck.)"

Rufus looked over Andrea closely, "Milady you are not from the Realms are you?"

"No, how did you guess?" asked Andrea.

"You blades, armor and other equipment aren't of the Realms. They may look like they would be from a craft's man or woman here, but their techniques of manufacture are from another place. I have traveled from the Dale-lands to Neverwinter and from Calisham to Icewind Dale. So I do know the craft of our artisans well. The artisans that made your things were not of the Realms."

"No, Rufus, I am not from the Realms. I am from a world called Earth or at least one of the Earths connected to Toril anyway. I live in the city of Topeka, in the state of Kansas in the United States of America. I am used to traveling other worlds than Earth though and have been on five different Earths and a couple of other worlds besides this one over the last three years. I came here to Toril to help a friend of mine rescue her father."

Rufus took this in and then spoke again.

"So how did you get separated again from your friends?"

"We had just exited a portal to the south of here about three weeks ago. Shortly after we found a trail that led in the direction of the High Forest we were attacked by a raiding party of orcs. That was three days after crossing over. The orcs out numbered us, but we put up a good fight of it. In the course of the fight though the three of us got first divided. Then as the flow of the fight moved back and forth over the clearing we were in we got separated further apart. By the time I killed or shuck off the last of my attackers I was far away from the other two and completely lost. I kind of know which way is north so I have been traveling in that general direction. I hoped to find some sort of civilization by now."

Andrea had taken off both her leather jacket and her shirt and was wearing only a sport bra over her breast. Rufus noticed that she had a pink scar or two running across her arms and another along her ribs on the right.

"Your wounds seemed to have healed quite well for only being three weeks old milady."

Andrea noticed he was pointing to her most recent collection of scars.

"I noticed that too. Beside just cleaning them and using some of my medical supplies on them the only other thing I have done was to pray to my god according to my faith. The next thing I knew my hands glowed then my body followed suit. Then my wound started to mend themselves. In a matter of minutes they looked as if they had been healing for several days. Now they look like I received the wound months ago."

"Milady may I suggest that you might be a Paladin of your faith, though I don't think you have any formal training as such. I do think that the depth of your faith here is strong enough for your god to help you when you pray for his assistance. I think that your god has selected you to be his champion while you are here."

Andrea rocked back in bit of shock at Rufus' statement.

That was two weeks or so ago. Andrea made it to the Temple of Eilistraee and inquired about Silke Rahn and Neil Patwin. She learned that Silke had been there and left after only a week going north. Of Colonel Patwin they had not seen him or heard of him until her visit.

Andrea checked her cocoa. It was warm enough to drink without being too hot. She took up the cup and took a sip from it. She let its warmth relax her.

"Neil, Silke, where on this world are the two of you," Andrea thought to herself.
Last edited by silke_rahn on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Tanrurh shuffled uneasily in his sleep. He kept hearing a voice beckoning to him, a familiar one, one he'd not heard in some time.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

OOC: MREs: yuck.

IC:

[color=darkblue:1l5wymwi]Alkemar finaly looks up from his spell casting some short time after Silke finishes her descriptions of her two former companions, having decided to look for this Capt. Maine person first. (since in his experience human females were somewhat weaker than the males...rather contrary to the way drow females were often so much more powerful than males) He had watched Maine sit and drink her beverage (he had no idea what it was). When he heard her ask herself about Silke and the Lt. Col. he decided to send her a message.

[i:1l5wymwi]This Alkemar Kenafin. Silke with me. I'm scrying you. You want me to give her message? Nod. Write drow? Common? Write message down. I'll read.[/i:1l5wymwi]

Alkemar then says to Silke "I have found the Captain, and have asked her to give me a message. Do you want to give her a message?"[/color:1l5wymwi]
Life before death
Strength before weakness