The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zebith Vorane
Maid
Maid

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Zebith Vorane »

"I don't really care what wine it is. and my name's Zebith" he says, looking curiously at the door opposite what he believed to be the only entrance. "where's that go?"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

house wine then if you are low on funds you might like Zebith." Looks to the door you ask about. "You might call it the back door or the fount door if you are coming from the other direction. There though that door is one place you might find adventure you spoke of seeking." Smiles That door lead to the tunnels and reaches the underdark if you make it that far."
Zebith Vorane
Maid
Maid

Post by Zebith Vorane »

"really?" he looks at the door, fascinated. "so you have patrons form the underdark?" he grins "that is [i:6ovy6wes]awesome[/i:6ovy6wes]!"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Zebith - The halfling makes to the table and she gives you a smile. "Good sir I know what the bearded one wants, what would you want to drink?" She waits for your reply as the Dwarf answers your question.

"Indeed we have some more welcomed then others that come though that door. A place to find adventure that you might seek as well."
Zebith Vorane
Maid
Maid

Post by Zebith Vorane »

"house wine" he says happily before turning back to the dwarf. "I like this place! although I'm curious; why was this founded? I don't know of many that would want to have patrons of the Underdark, despite how awesome it is"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Daisy darts away to get the drink orders.

Dorfgar answers you. " Zebith the place was simple a place to gather of those that were friends of above and below. A place to rest and store supplies. As time pasted a few decided to hold this place open for visitors as well as our company. That is the reason you are allowed from the surface and why others are allowed from below. It is a rather simple thing in that we make possible trade of both sides of the mountain. " Taps his fingers and glances at the door. "Of course for trade a gift is given for passage though here. We require peace within the area we control. Most of the time we have it, however we guard the peace. Enough of that. Now my question for you. Your skin indicates a heritage of coming from below, but you appear to know little of below. How is it that you are from above?"
Zebith Vorane
Maid
Maid

Post by Zebith Vorane »

"I left the Underdark 75 years ago. can't remember where. I can't say I ever heard of this place, though I might have. probably just didn't try to remember" he leans back. "but adventuring on the Underdark's outskirts is [i:3lbm6wfv]fun[/i:3lbm6wfv]"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Dorfgar nods, "Indeed some have left below to live above. There are differences. No ores to mine and the sunlight can be bright at times. There though are other things that the surface has to offer as you must know having spent a few years above."

Daisy returns carrying a mug and a glass of wine and sets them on the table. "3 silver please"
Draal Shakhaar
Maid
Maid

Post by Draal Shakhaar »

A new face enters the odd mix of sociable interaction. A thick meaty fist brushes the door aside, as a large shadow ducks through the doorway, the first step on the floorboards heavy and blunt, like that of a giant hard-soled boot. A twist and guttural grunt as balance is almost lost, then recovered with another heavy footfall backwards.Steadying itself, the large form pulls in and props on its shoulder, a large double-bladed greataxe. atop the large figure, curving jutting horns, and a thick mane of shaggy black between them. Leather armor and skirt over loincloth below, wraps upon a thick muscular frame, and then he pivots, a big black bull of a minotaur standing tall and squaring his shoulders, looks about for someone who appears to be in charge. Of all people, he guesses the dwarf might be and strides heavily over to give the little (to him) man a firm nudge on the shoulder with a big meaty finger, not too hard though, having a healthy respect for how easy it is to mistake their stature for weakness, and find one's own lowered.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Dorfgar having heard your entrance was already looking in your direction by the time your figure nudges his shoulder. "Greetings, May I do you service? A few others are watching you as well. The orc looking at your axe. The Halfling smiles to you, however not coming closer to you. The Drow couple siting at a table also appear to be watching right now.
Draal Shakhaar
Maid
Maid

Post by Draal Shakhaar »

This mountain of muscle, this hulk of fur and ferocity, does seem a little disappointed at the lack of typical dwarven hospitality, but it does not keep the large bull from declaring in his guttural and frankly flawed use of Common, "Long have me traveled. Me am hungry, and.... and..." breaks off as he tries to hold back but ultimately looses a large and wet sneeze, finishing his statement with a grumbled, "not feel good."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Not sure why was selected by the Minotaur selected him in the first place answers him. "Well there is food and drink here" A place to rest as well to heal."

At your sneeze. "We do have a healer here as well."
Draal Shakhaar
Maid
Maid

Post by Draal Shakhaar »

The big bull rubs an arm across his nose, clearing the evidence of that mighty sneeze, then nods, "Where is Healer? This should be first, then eat." His reasoning is his own, and often incredibly simple. The behaviors of the dwarf are unlike anything he has learned to expect, however, and begins to wonder if the Orc is likewise so tamed. Begins to wonder if perhaps the two Dark Elves are in charge.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"Felothe is a healer. Come I will introduce you to her." (Steps toward the table with the two Drow. "Afterward Daisy will get you some food. You can start thinking about what you might want o eat."

The halfling speaks up. "You do not speak for me Dorfgar as to when I will do something. " Then steps forward a step toward the Minotaur. "Sir if you have coin I am sure I might find something for you. That is of course if I a not doing something else. See how you heal first, we will talk later."
Draal Shakhaar
Maid
Maid

Post by Draal Shakhaar »

Felothe is eyed over with suspicion. Relations between these bovine hulks and elves were never on the best of terms to begin with, but elves that other elves are known not to trust, it takes that moment of suspicious hesitation and nearly sneezing again to bow his head to her slightly, speaking low, "Karn thanks you."

Daisy's introduction is half-missed in the process of this, but her retort brings his attention over and down,fetching a heart chuckle from him before he nods to her, "Karn looking forward to halflin' cooking."