The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

C'nor
Maid
Maid

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by C'nor »

Shortly on the heels of the newcomer, another humanoid steps in - though as they're wearing black leather armor completely with gloves, and a long black-and-red cloak (which the drow occupants might recognize as being made of spidersilk) with a deep hood, it's impossible to tell their race (though the cloak is a hint that they at least traded with or stole from drow, and their height makes that reasonable too), or, for that matter, their gender.

Well, unless anyone can smell it or something, not that it'll matter once they're no longer quietly waiting for Nyarg to finish with Jannet so he can do whatever he needs to about the fact they're carrying a rapier, seeing as he's clearly the bouncer and obviously at least looking over people for weapons. Which... Is always a possibility given there's a wolf here. And a pseudodragon. Also the actual dragon-dragon, but seeing as she's in drow form that can [i:1qyrwt2e]probably[/i:1qyrwt2e] be discounted.

Not that the person under the hood actually cares about their gender being known, or even, as such, their race. It's their appearance that they want to hide, and every bit of that gear is strictly necessary for it. Which is going to be rather awkward if Nyarg needs to make a closer inspection, rather than trusting their word that they've gotten rid of any other weapons, if that's actually a problem.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: The actual location is edge of unnamed mountain range, which connects the surface to tunnels that lead to the underdark.

Nyarg Notices the blade Jannet wears and looks at the calming rooster. He nods. "Sometimes Jannet, the meal runs long. Enjoy your meal. To you comment about healers. "Not all hearers are Priests, some witch and Wizards that heal as well. Enjoy your visit here, most you will find friendly. I must return to the door." Step away from you to face the newcomer that followed you into the tavern.

C'nor The orc studies you, his hand shifting a little on the shaft of his battle axe. Nyard eyes studies you. "Welcome to the Tavern. Do you hunt Jannet? Your coming appears rather quick." He does not appear to want search you even though the rapier note.
Shyntra
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyntra »

[b:3paa6gv3]=== Jannet, with a rooster ===[/b:3paa6gv3]

Jannet nods as Nyarg moves away. She's visited a few towns and cities before, out of curiosity, but hasn't seen anyone use healing magic who wasn't a shaman or one of those white-robe-wearing guys living in those fancy buildings.

Jannet doesn't recognise the material of the stranger's cloak, since she hasn't had much interaction with drow. Or maybe, anything underground. The orc's question makes her wary however. Why would someone hunt her? Had she accidentally slighted someone while in a city? Those silly people, with their own weird ways of doing things- she can't say she's entirely used to them just yet.

Jannet stands up, and takes a seat on a wooden chair, the rooster is now slient.
Aleriah
Maid
Maid

Post by Aleriah »

Alyn'rae made her way through the mountain range on foot, following the worn pathing with lithe steps. Her ice-white hair was well hidden inside the large, hooded cloak that was wrapped securely around her feminine, curved frame.

The drowess threw a glance at her surroundings, up ahead was a large cavern entrance. Her intense crimson eyes narrowed, she raised a hand and pulled her hood further down over her features so that only the full, soft lips were to be seen. On her back, she carried a bow, on each hip a dagger was strapped firmly.

As she reached the cavern entrance, she let out a relieved sigh. The brightness of the surface had long been enough and she longed for the snug darkness, to let it surround her and absorb her. Alyn'rae did not hesitate, but started descending into the large tunnels. The further in she got, the more the familiar sounds filled her ears, along with voices coming from a nearby building that she was soon to learn was the tavern. She stepped up to the door, pushing it open with a slender hand and stepped inside. Her measuring gaze traveled across the gathered in the room for a brief moment, presenting each of them with a curt nod of her head.

Alyn'rae walked towards an empty table, removing her bow from her back, followed by the cloak, which she hang across the back of the chair, revealing the waist long, wavy hair, that framed her elegant looking face and the slender curves of her figure. She wore a light set of armor consisting of a corset, pants with various straps spread around them and sturdy leather boots. Her arms and shoulders were well protected by shoulder guards and bracers.

The drowess sat down on a chair, resting one leg across the other. Her fingertips drummed against the table briefly as she examined each face in the room. She had not seen any of them before, and thus did not interrupt their on going conversation, unless approached, but merely watched them from beneath thick rows of lashes.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Janet Nyarg not receiving and reply from C'nor sort of shrugs and eyes turn to study the next that enters. A dark elf stands from her table and walks to you. "Greetings to you, I am Felothe and I over heard what you have said to my brother Nyarg. Not all healers indeed have a faith that they must talk about. If you might need some healing I can provide some aid without speaking a word to you." She smiles and awaits what answer you might make.

Aleriah As you enter you note that Nyarg's eyes studied you as you walked to the table. No step toward you or word spoken. As you sit at the table a halfling females walks to your table. "Welcome, do you wish food and drink? Our food and wines are the best this side of the mountain." Her eyes twinkle in mirth, after all the cavern is actually in the mountain.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Drawn from her contemplations and a long silent communion with her worrisome familiar, Lady Ilindl overhears the most curious comment about wizards performing healing services, and speaks up to Nyarg and Jannet alike, [color=#BF00FF:1r66w6ss]"Do be careful of accepting healing from wizards. Users of arcane magic can mend minor injuries in a roundabout manner without ill effect, however healing magic is reserved to the realms of divine magic. Most healing from a wizard, usually involves stealing health from someone else via spells of necromancy."[/color:1r66w6ss]

Still, Charir remains passively silent, subdued by the affectionate chin rubbings of his mistress.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

((OOC: I fear we lost Jannet and others because of time rule to post for this play (One month). Rather then give up fully on waiting so long posts a reply.))

Lady Ilindl, glances toward you. "There are some Wizards that do not use magic to heal, there are some that call on their deity and there are some that just use herbs and cloth. The mages use many rules and I know them not, however even I can bandage a bleeding wound."
Zebith Vorane
Maid
Maid

Post by Zebith Vorane »

(OOC: please excuse any mistakes or akwardness. I'm still rather new to this. also, my posts tend to be shorter than most people's. friendly criicism, please.)

Zebith strode calmly along the path towards the tavern. he had been wandering for quite a while, and this place seemed interesting. "hello!" he said happily as he walked through the door
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Zebith As you enter the tavern you see a collection of different races. Orc, Drow, Halfling and other races. The Dwarf glances eyes up to your cheery greeting. The male looks at you and you might detect indications of a smile under his bread. "Welcome, a nice place to visit or rest. A safe place as well as we can make it as well." He glances toward the orc, then looks back to you. "There is food and drink for a small amount of coin. You though can rest here at no cost should you only be pausing on your travels."
Zebith Vorane
Maid
Maid

Post by Zebith Vorane »

Zebith frowns then pulls out a coinpurse. "I haven't been able to find an adventure recently." he says. "this is as good a place to stay as any. how are you, by the way?" he beams
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The Dwarf nods."Daisy can see to your food and drink needs. Mayhaps you will stand me a drink as well, for I can offer you an adventure that might be worth far more then the cost of a drink or three." Walks to a table near the rear exit door and indicates a chair that you might sit in, he taking another chair at the same table..
Zebith Vorane
Maid
Maid

Post by Zebith Vorane »

he sits down, examining the room curiously. "this is quite an interesting place" he says, leaning back casually
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"Yes laddie it is a place I call home now. Now what would you be drinking this day? "
Zebith Vorane
Maid
Maid

Post by Zebith Vorane »

"um...... wine?" he shrugs "haven't had alcohol in five years. mostly because I haven't seen a tavern in five years....."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Zebith "Wine it shall be then. "
glances off to the halfling "Daisy we have a paying customer he this day. I will have my ale and he desires some wine"

The Drawf turns eyes back to you. "Laddie so what wine might you want after 5 years, decide quick for Daisy will be here for your order. My the way, my name is Dorfgar. How do you wish to be called?"

Daisy weaves though the bar toward the table that you and Dorfgar sit at, one time ducking under a table as that is a quicker route then going around it though the patrons of the tavern. The tavern itself is craved into the mountain you entered. A bar on one side of a wall of the stone walls. The walls have doors at various places, though clearly there are two main doors. The one you enter from and one opposite of it. You see the orc staying always near that door, and you might notice that the table that you and Dorfgar sit at is near the other door and that the Dwarf glances at it.

There is also a fire place that from time to time one or another add wood to to keep the room warm.