Cleric Errant (i.e.: new player)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Re: Cleric Errant (i.e.: new player)

Post by Irae'xyra Hun'und »

[quote:f25hnunt]While the farmer is caring his child and looking into the pouch walks away leading back to the caves and S'rikik (Drow) "You have said you were always of the surface. Might I know where it was that there was no fear of you? Starts as walking to remove the makeup. "The bounty on Drow is a platinum, though your red hair might have saved you." Leads the way back to the tunnels. "Our friend might have had her way with three. This though can be a concern. S'rikik clearly has a fiendish pack of some kind, Priestess though perhaps we can offer a better deal on the offer the longer life though the blessings of Lady Silverhair. If not that at least find and deal with the Evil served. S'rikik's way is not our way, however if she and her children can follow the Dark Maiden it will be to the good I would think."

Nears the cave again.[/quote:f25hnunt]

"My family lives in the woods about 100 miles East of here. A village surrounding a clearing we believe to be sacred to the Dark Maiden. It's not a large village and is made up of mostly Drow. However, a few...too few surface Elves also live there. It was originally founded by my Grandmother and three other Drow, who were also followers of the Dark Maiden. Slowly, over the course of the following year, others came to join the village. Our numbers came to reach thirty or fourty, depending on who you ask. Most were adults, but there were a few children." She paused a moment and took a deep breathe.
"One night, while my grandmother lead the other villagers in celebration of the Summer Solstice, two bands of surface elves come. One Wood Elf, the other High Elf. They were dressed as if for the celebration themselves and the leaders of each bore the symbol of Eilistraee on their sheilds. My grandmother saw this as a sign and welcomed the bands of surface elves into the clearing. And that is how surface elves came to live among the Drow of my home."

"But you asked how It came to be I am not feared. My Grandmother is full Drow, and my Mother is full Drow...I am not. The child of one of the Wood Elves fell in love with my mother, and she reciprcated. My father had bright red hair and green eyes, these are the traits I kept of him. News can travel fast among humans...I find, the more unusual the news, the faster they know of it."

As they neared the cave, Irea extended her arm toward the entrance. "After you, my dear." She followed Amil inside, drawing her sword quietly.

Mod Edit: Only a format correction on quoting, nothing else.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Irae leads you to a small grove near the cave. "My dear a chance for you to rest before we rejoin S'rikik." The small camp has a well tended grove for worship and near a tree a tent is pitched that tends to blend into the background. "My home away from home, my home is your home." Considers your history that you have related. "The best of both worlds and growing in the light of the Mother Earth. You have been blessed indeed. About 100 miles? Are you on a Run or just traveling?"
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Ieae looked about the clearing and nodded. "Thank you, Amil. It is beautiful." She removed her armor as she spoke, "I am a cleric errant. I travel where my services are needed. Be it a village in need of a healer until a proper one can be found, or cutting down Goblins terrorizing a small mining town. It is my intent to one day join the ranks of the Sword Dancers, but I've always had a bit of wonder lust in me."
She placed her armor in the tent and took her sword with her to the center of the clearing where she knelt down, placing her sword in front of her and began to meditate until the moon reached it's zeneth. At which point, she disrobed and danced with her sword. (assuming it is a night)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Irae smiles as you express approval of the grove and the camp. Listened to your story, a wanderer with a goal. "Becoming a Sword Dancer clearly a noble goal my Lady."

As you enter his tent, will filled female, goes to a nearby stream to fill water skins and collects some berries on the way back. In the tent as you take off your armor you see a single bedroll and a few packs of supplies. Not much wealth at first look. On return seeing you in the center of the glade, enters the tent a brief moment and emerges with a traveling harp. Taking a seat at the edge of the grove waits with you as the moon rises and begins to play the harp to your dance.
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Irae smiles as she sees Amil emerge from the tent with a small harp and happily dances to his playing the instrument for an hour before resheathing her sword.
She looks around again and smiles. "This place does remind me of home." She paused a moment. "Have you any any food here, Amil? I feel near famished."
She hadn't yet slipped her robe back on, rather seeming to bathe in the moon's light for a moment. "If you would like, I'll take first watch tonight, let you get some rest." She picked up her robe and started to walk towards the tent.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Irae plays to your dance content to watch you dance. The dance ended, the harp set aside and he bows head to you.
"It is said that all is required is a grove and moon light, these I have provided you this eve." -Smiles to you. Xas, I have food here for you my dear, I hope you like my cooking." Your charms and strength clearly displayed from your dance and lack of robe draws a smile as well. "The eve is still young enough to have no need of speaking of a watch, we can speak of that later as you please Priestess." As you step to his tent robed now. "When you return a meal shall be ready for you."

Cast a word at an unlit fire and it starts to burn. Starts to prepare a meal, camp style. A roasted rabbit, a sack of berries and some traveling bread.
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

While Irae had put her robe back on, it was still open in the front.
"Yes, that is all that's really needed, but I have hard that the more skilled Sword Dancers can create music from thin air while they dance. And I cannot thank you enough for bringing me to this place. There aren't many groves like this to be found among human towns." She sat down next to Amil and took a piece of the roasted rabbit, a handful of berries and broke off a bit of the bread. "It smells delicious. Thank you again." She paused a moment as she took a bite of the rabbit.
"You are right...the night is young. So what shall we do for the next few hours? I could dance for you." She let that sink into Amil's mind a moment. "Or we could explore the area, but I think you already know it. Or we could get to know each other a little better. I've told you a little about me, but all I know of you is your name and that you seem to be multi-talented." Irae continued to eat the meal Amil prepare as she waits for his response.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Irae Smiles to you, enjoying the view you still offer. Does wonder if it is an invitation or just an indication of a level of comfort. Something perhaps to explore after getting to know you better. " I sought this place and improved it a bit during my time here, though the Dark Maiden I believe led me here. The Town is near however the Goblins here and orcs to the North has stopped the humans from expanding. I seek to change that though one at a time. Music is in the soul for those that find it." Turns attention to his own meal as you eat. "I am glad you like the cooking, I did not plan for a visitor or it would have been a better meal." Considers the options you offer for the eve. "There are many things that can be done, but first let me tell you some about myself. I am an opener of ways. Those tunnels the Goblins have connect to the underdark, cleaning them out will provide a safe way for the Faithful to come to the surface. I am a bard as I have told you, however studied for a time as a wizard to please my mother." Shrugs "For my mother in her view it was a duty that I owed my race and gender. I can do a few things nothing of great ability should you look to my wizard skills, a few tricks at best. The other traing I have taken was that of a fighter, skill in weapons, the training to build my strength and reflexes. Oh and of course learning more weapons then a bard or wizard is well trained to use. I would indeed like for us to know each other better. There are many ways to do that, dancing together, me showing you around this grove and the area or us continue to talk to know each other in mind."
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Irae finishes her meal. "I do understand pressure from parents. My mother, and grandmother, wanted me to be a priestess, but I did not feel it a burden. I suppose that might be because I loved watching them perform rituals and helping them set up for the celebrations." She took a drink form whatever might have been provided. "It is good knowing that clearing the Goblins out of that cave, I am helping to allow fellow followers come to the surface." She paused a moment. "As for what to do this eve...well, we could explore the area more [i:3os3scqc]and[/i:3os3scqc] get to know each other better. I think we can both walk and talk at the same time." She teased.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Irae smiles to you. " Well mothers treat daughters better after all. Though the few spells I learned are useful, they just are not that much fun. Now music, history and even myths, those are fun."
As only water was provided with the meal, (Hey short notice of having a dinner guest) the meal is finished quick enough. "Yes once cleared maybe 5 to 10 a month will use it, some perhaps even coming to surface if enough good will is earned by me. The fear will be gone. Of course taking care of the orc tribe later should help with the humans as well." Considers, a walkabout clearly should not be a problem with gobins, even if more come up from their lair S'rikik should be able to slow them and call alarm the tunnel is close, just time given for eggs to be planted if desired and to speak with Irae about a posible plan for the future. Stands "Indeed my dear priestess the eve is young and should you stay with me we will be here for some time. Indeed you should know the area about my, our camp."
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Guided by keen nose and sharp ears, a seven foot tall, giant of a human, a man of a light tan, long-grown black hair, and strong features, chuckles to himself on the approach to this camp. There is no subtlety in it though, no attempt to not be detected, these are not enemies, nor prey. Fighting them would be wasteful, there's better hunts to be had, and their hides could only be of value traded to people he has no wish to do business with. He comes not alone either, but upon a large, heavy draft horse, dapple grey and a sturdy beast well-suited to bearing heavy burdens and pulling heavy loads. The approach of those hefty burdened hooves, thump upon the soil as they draw near, and snap the occasional twig or branch upon the ground. Within the edges of firelight he rides, stopping there to take a measure of these travelers who wish to associate with humans, but camp away from them. His gaze may not disturb many people, but his heavy cloak of bear pelts, and make-shift helm fashioned from a cave-bear's skull, could add some intimidation to his visage.

And then, he lets out a bit of laughter, and dismounts, daring to turn his back on Drow. A foolish mistake, in most cases, but one he makes with a peculiar confidence, beginning to speak, voice deep and rich, and with inflections in his speech tell-tale that he learned to speak, from none other than Dwarves, [i:2q2t6yw0]"'Bit far from yer caves, an' spiders, aren't ye? Well, I'm not fer judging, but if yer plannin' to attack me, then get it over with. So I can spare the gullible an' ungrateful of bein' taken in by yer schemes."[/i:2q2t6yw0] Seems he's at least met one or two Lolthite Drow in his travels, this huge man, traveling with a horse, dressed in simple clothes and furs, and no weapons other than a hunting knife.

However, if the attack doesn't come, which his actions and words would beg for with the sort of Drow he's met before, perhaps a new ally can be made this night.
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki