Test run!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Re: Test run!

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Woman heeded to the advice, bracing for fast ride. Jump and beat of wing with jerk of serpentine neck shook drow violently. But soon, with rise of speed, unimaginable feeling of triumph and freedom took over priestess when air whistled in pointed ears and stars and moon felt closer with each second. Howling laugh of joy was answer to question of dragon. Eo long forgotten about all the mishaps before the ride, concentrating every fiber of her soul on this moment of glory.

Just before warcharger and arctic wolf reached the end of the forest, growls and snarls were overwhelming on the way of the stride. Paladin and his companions could see grey swarm breaking small defensive formation of four swordsmen. Despite the best efforts of teamwork, quick movements of swords and strong line of heavy shields, patrolmen were to be overwhelmed by frenzied pack of wolf in no time without help. That could be seen on their faces crimson with blood and sweat. Suddenly, pack managed to fell one of defenders, alpha leader preparing to inflict deadly blow.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

((OOC: Friendly neighborhood villain-player here, got a new baddie to debut right here.))

So much chaos, so much trouble, so much for Vaaro to revel in, and what better way for him to reveal himself to his favorite prey, than in the guise of a small boy, not more than seven years of age by the looks of him, this boy comes from the darkness of the woods, muddy, adorned with scrapes, and scratches, looking to have narrowly escaped some attack by wild beasts, monsters, or perhaps bandits. Gods only know, but this be no polymorph, nor illusion. The boy, is quite alive, quite genuinely human, and when nearing the gates, glancing over his shoulder once and then twice, with panting breaths, and frantic, frightened glances, there would be no easy means to detect Varro, lurking within this vessel, this weak-willed puppet that serves him so well.

To the gates the ragged boy runs, paying no heed to what weapons might aim his way upon approach, and begins pounding his little fists upon the large wooden doors, crying out, screaming, his fear, indeed terror quite evident, [color=#00BF00:wxqo1fur]"Please! Let me in! Somebody, let me in, before they catch me!"[/color:wxqo1fur] Right on cue, an ideal challenge for less experienced fighters, and child's play for those of greater experience, comes a band of undead, humanoid skeletons wielding only axes and shields, their fleshless forms sprinting toward the child, with weapons held high to strike. An innocent boy, bearing no evil in intent or nature, dangerously in harm's way, what veteran warrior, or proper paladin, could not answer the call to rush to the rescue? If nothing else, the necromantic abominations such a man could not possibly allow to survive.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Jherall waited for the door to open, and followed Kars into the quarters of the outpost commander. Bowing deeply before the commander, Jherall introduced himself, "I greet thee, I am Jherall of Enclave Daemonium, arcanist second rank. My services are at thy disposal."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Jormungander gives off a throaty laugh as his passengers give their reactions against his scaly skin; the tightening of boots against scales, the gripping of tight gloves against his neck spikes. The gold dragon soared over the treetops, letting nothing stand in his way as he raced towards the village that Aurora had been pointing out. Jormung let his passengers enjoy their ride while it lasted; he knew that it would end soon. However, the wind racing over his scales, and the air lifting his wings up, the dragon felt nowhere closer to home.

========================

Aurora raced towards the village, oblivious to any and all danger, her great size carrying her distance over great strides. It was Veraka that quickly alerted her of the group of soldiers that were under assault from the wolves.

[i:2wd1dcfn]Aurora; those troops need our assistance.[/i:2wd1dcfn]

[i:2wd1dcfn]Why should we give them help when this festering town has accused you of false pretenses and insulted your mate and cubs?[/i:2wd1dcfn] Aurora honestly sometimes thought that her little brother was too idealistic for his own good.

[i:2wd1dcfn]Because I am obiliged to do so, even if these folks turn hostile; but I doubt that they'd do that, even after us saving their lives.[/i:2wd1dcfn] Veraka replied sternly.

[i:2wd1dcfn]Fine, but if we get attacked, I'm blaming you for months on end.[/i:2wd1dcfn]

Aurora veered off to the side, and leaped up and over a fallen log; it was then that she came upon the group of four soldiers, the one about to be taken down with a lethal strike to the neck by the Alpha of the pack.
[i:2wd1dcfn]My little brother and his damnable code.[/i:2wd1dcfn]
Within seconds, the great white wolf skidded to a halt partially in-between the soldiers and the pack of wolves, growling loudly, her fangs revealed and her fur standing on edge; her ice blue eyes promising death to the whichever wolf of the pack was dumb enough strike her.

================

Blaze continued his frantic gallop after Aurora, when Neriah looked back at her husband and said; "dear, I'll take the children and watch from above."
Veraka would've protested, however, he knew two things were true here; one, was the fact that his wife was no novice to the arts of aerial maneuvering, and second, that she was a very powerful spell-caster, not afraid to conjure some very deadly spells to protect her children. The platinum armored paladin nodded his consent, and within a heartbeat, Neriah stood up on the saddle, Dante and Alasse in her arms, unfurled her fey'ri wings, and jumped into the air, the momentum from Blaze sending her sailing up into the night's sky.

"Come on, Blaze, YAA!!" Veraka shouted to his warcharger, spurring the horse onwards, the thundering hooves echoing out into the night as air rushed in and out of Blaze, each breath was a ragged one. Two more seconds of intense galloping, and Veraka atop Blaze, found himself at the scene of the wolves and the soldiers, Aurora nestled between the two groups.

Drawing Marala Vharc from its sheath, Veraka yelled out a challenge to the wolves that were harrying the soldiers, right as Aurora lunged for the Alpha.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Hearing knock on the door, commander of fort turned to the door, barking loudly. "Enter!"
His eyes widened at the sight of disfigured mongrel with spikes, scales and fangs on his horrid face. Regal robes and staff with sharp clawed hand did not help the swift judgment.
"We are under attack!" hands grabbed the handle of sharp axe that was yearning for action since recent anger at the so called 'representative of church'.

Soldiers struggled, watching out for each other and fangs which clenched so near their throats. When youngest of group have fallen to grapple on his leg, they hesitated between saving him and risk opening front to the rest of pack or defend and watch him die with screams which may haunt them for rest of their lives.
"What are you waiting for, idiots?! Clench the ring around Glen!" smashing with his gauntlet jaw of feral beast, team leader said his order. Yet corner of his eyes saw that they won't make it in time. The biggest of wolves he ever seen jumped to deliver finishing blow.
Miracle happened. The black shadow was bounced away by might of challenging animal of the same size, baring sharp teeth in growl.
Alpha wolf was not about to give up his prey. His mighty frame filled with rage of nature and urge to hunt let out chilling howl filled with bloodlust. His primitive mind gave only few words in his speech.
[highlight=#bf0000:i1q1d78x]"Blood... Hunt... Kill. Kill. Kill."[/highlight:i1q1d78x]
Rest of the pack felt crumbling of the men's order, but they had to meet new danger coming swiftly. First of the gray raiders turned their attention to rider and moved to attack from the sides of charging mare.
Last edited by Rainbow Prism on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((I have spikes on my face? O.o))
Jherall's eyebrows rose, and he rushed to the window, sticking his head out. He looked around for a disturbance. Seeing a small cloud of dust from the direction of the gates, he turned back to Kars, "If ye are having trouble at thy gates I could go out and deal with it. If ye need my help."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

More posturing and haughtiness that Tristian had come to expect of most humans, particularly those who claimed to be veterans of many adventures, or great war or another. Humans, how they flaunt their achievements and embellish them so regularly that they even begin to think themselves flawless and invincible within the confines of even their most familiar and secure settings. He had heard all he needed to hear, decided with finality that this human was like many of the rest of his narrow-minded kind, hating of everything that does not fit within the confines of his ideals. Not evil, not yet, certainly teetering near, but bordering on the classic iron-fisted tyrant.

About to respond, with request to see and speak to the prisoner, and conduct his own investigation, the elf gives pause, swiveling about to face the newcomer, and even his face wrinkles up in disdain for the image of fiendish heritage, but when this commander hefts that axe, and announces an attack, that disdain turns to amusement, [color=#FFBF00:1gbyjusy]"Poor choice of locale to offer help, these humans do no service to the reputation of their species. All these thousands of years, and still they rush to kill that which they fear or fail to understand, without regard for how it will affect them in the future, or if it will lead to their own undoing. Nesme's fate comes as no surprise to me." [/color:1gbyjusy]Mention of Nesme, of course might come as news to this half-fiend if his story is to be believed, but for this commander, the comment may surely be a stinging barb. Nesme, in all their pride, turning aside outside help, had fallen to under the siege of a troll clan, and what remained of their population taken shelter with either in the dwarven city of Mithral Hall, or elven city of Silverymoon.

Staying near the window, himself, Tristian had stuck to monopolizing the space in front of it. After all, if an escape became necessary, he still had one trick up his sleeve that this human could not see coming.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Far off in the compound of the Gyssemitori Clan estate, Vidanya soon arrives, and when she is found alone, concern over the lateness of Tristian's report, quickly escalates to alarm when his Animal Companion returns without him. The two had been nearly inseparable since Tristian was a young boy. The other druids among the clan soon extract the details of what had been happening, and while some of the elder family members disapprove of the whole affair, none would leave him out there, unassisted. Still, a direct assault would only cause a great deal of political tension. Solution? A distraction would be needed, and a few members of the clan brought in through marriages and other means prepare to make a discreet rescue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The initial jostling of the dragon's launch into flight, does catch Vailintin off-guard, causing him to reflexively hug his legs around that neck. A split second later, he finds the good sense to lean forward into the motions. Once aloft however, and the dragon is flying along so smoothly, even Vailintin begins to relax, growing comfortable with his little perch that he had merely been permitted for a short time. Holding on with his legs, slowly he sets back up, trusting both Jormungand, and his own sense of balance, and reflexes. For these moments, soaring above the world, with a view he might never have by any other means, there comes not so much a thought, as just a feeling,the seedling of an idea, that perhaps such elation as he takes from this ride, is well worth putting his many skills to more... honorable endeavors. Perhaps then, if not this dragon, maybe another might be as much friend to he, as Jormungand to Veraka.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall turned to regard the elf, and switched seamlessly to an ancient form of High Elvish, "It truly matters little to me if they accept my help or not, I just want to catch up on the history I missed. I have already lived far longer than any of them could even dream. Their concerns are not my own. So long as these Lower Realm barbarians can keep their excitement in check I can tolerate their fear or ignorance." The corners of his mouth lifted in a small grin, "In fact, both make quite potent weapons in our professions, do they not?"

Zyeke
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

When half-fiend rushed to the window, seemingly ignoring presence of two armed men both behind him and in front of him, eyes of warrior bulged with red veins and swing of blade was thrown, aiming at the neck to cut off the head of monster before him without any chances of retaliation. He was surprised to see that his blade connected with scabbard of greatsword on back of paladin, who had to strain his legs in his heavy boots to cover the half-fiend with armored frame. That, and hope that he does not protect yet another pawn of enemy.
"Kars?!" Roar of old man turned from amazement to fury when he saw familiar figure "What are ye doing, you senile excuse for a holy warrior?"

At the gates no guards were present, most of them sitting on walls and behind the heavy door in state of alarm. First to react were watchers on tower, who saw the undead and sounded alarm. Crossbowers readied their arms, but could not shoot without accidentally hurting the kid.
Door opened and guard with light armor rushed to the child, praying that his legs won't let him down and make him grab him in time before his ghastly entourage.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall turned his gaze briefly on the commander, but trusting Kars to handle that situation, he turned his attention back towards the gates, now ringing with alarms. "It seems you have a problem at thy gates, commander. Shall I handle it for you?" His mouth still had the same half smile.

Zyeke
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

So near the gates, the young boy, easily more within reach of his timely rescuer than the small force of pale skeletal figures, wraps small arms around the guard, whispering his thanks, as he is taken inside, beyond the reach of the undead warriors. Mere seconds between town gates, placing boy and guard safely out of reach does the nearest skeleton reach the wall, and let out a furious unnatural screech of outrage, and begin swinging its axe in an attempt to hack its way through and into the town. This determined assault, is soon followed by a half-dozen more of the foul unholy creatures trying the same.

Expendable toys to Varro, he issues no new commands to the skeletons, they have served their purpose. Crossbows may do some damage to them indeed, but these are not living creatures, they've no flesh to pierce, no blood to lose, nor sense of pain to be hindered by. Many crossbow bolts may strike true, but few of the skeletons show any signs of slowing under assault of these ranged attacks. For the most part, it only serves as a minor distraction, not even slowing them in their attempts to hack their way into the town.

For now, boy in the arms of the guard, begins to explain, through teary eyes, and terrified voice, [color=#00FF00:22b9c9tk]"We... we was on the road, comin' to start a new life out here. Ma an' Pa told me to run, to get help... please you got to help them, before them monsters get them!"[/color:22b9c9tk] 'Tis Varro's made-up story, but his host he plays the part willingly. Varro is his 'friend' after all, his 'guardian angel'. To send more guards, enough to handle larger contingents of undead, away on a wild chase, in search of a man and woman, under assault of undead, that do not actually exist, not quite necessary, but certainly of benefit to the demon's plans. The stranded parents may not exist, but that's only a distraction, to keep heroes busy trying to have one more go at the glory days of their past.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora doesn't need a second thought as the Alpha let out his howl of bloodlust; the colossal winter wolf lunged for the Alpha, her barred fangs going right for his neck; [i:33t72x58]you just signed your burial, alpha.[/i:33t72x58] Aurora spoke in her wolf language.

Blaze, knowing full well that Veraka was on his back, reared once, not out of fright, but out of warning, to the wolf that had peeled off from the pack to attack him and his rider. The warcharger's front hooves came down, the armored segments clinging in retaliation for the movement. Had the wolf been stupid and attacked from the front, Blaze would've crushed it with his armored hooves.

Veraka, not thinking twice, rolled from Blazes saddle, and onto the ground as the warcharger reared up; getting up, the platinum armored paladin drew his bastard sword, Marala Vharc and rushed the pack of wolves, his voice bellowing out a challenge, the aasimar was raised by barbarians; fighting like a wild madman came second nature to Veraka.

=================================

Jormung, though drifting through the air as a leaf, quickly got a birds eye veiw of Veraka and the situation that he'd got himself tangled in now.
"Hold on tight, back there; we're going to lend my platinum shiny friend a little aerial support," the gold dragon rumbled through his throat to Vailintin and Eo on his neck. After giving them a second to get situated and ready, Jormungander tucked his wings in tight and made a straight B-line for Veraka, Aurora, and the group of soldiers, a gigantic golden projectile racing towards them, like a falcon diving for its prey. The ground rose up fast, as the gold dragon and his two guests zoomed towards it. Then, barely a hundred meters before impact, Jormung spread his great wings, pulled up faster and with more precision than most dragons, and let out a ear-piercing roar down towards the wolves that were harassing the soldiers. Jormung then raced up into the air again, flapping his great wings to gain altitude quickly.

"Ha, Ha-Haaaa!! Now THAT I haven't done in ages, the great wyrm boomed, his laughter evident in his now known kindred spirit, though that was tempered with centuries of wisdom.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Still standing on the edge, crow was curiously watching as new events unfolded: appearance of half-demon and sudden attack of undead. Beady bird eyes beheld as mass of bones and rotting flesh stopped in place before the gates, not even replying to bolts flying from the walls. Assault itself was not her concern. Omen of it was puzzling her. Still, attention of the druid was taken to the room as things looked like they needed her presence more than trained in many drills warriors.
"I'll handle you, you imp shit! Just wait till this axe say it for me." Words squeezed through grappled neck and closed jaws as both Harold and Kars were in standstill, holding each other at throat, literally. Faces of both were growing crimson and axehand fought grasp of gauntlet.

"Fire the bolts!" The voice of the soldiers sounded and many pulled the trigger, bolts flying through bony visages or getting stuck in mesh of armor and flesh. First volley did not have any effect, just as commanding officer noticed and expected.
"Who said that?! Belay that order and arm the crossbows. Prepare the 'Biters'!" Shout echoed in the night, making everyone taking out special ammunition marked with colored feather end.
"Arm! Aim! Stand by. Division on three! First volley, attack!" Sword arm lowered, signaling letting off. Bolts whistled on the wind, flying to the standing target. Instead of effect that was present with previous attempt, impact was marked with splashes of acid from exploding tips. Corrosive liquid was melting rusted metal and rot alike, the lot of undead falling prey to retaliation still with no actions against that.
"Second volley, attack!"

Only answer to winter wolf's remark was twist of neck and bite. Immediately rage that was burning in enormous beast was infecting his challenger, summoning rabid frenzy in which the whole pack was sowing chaos. Clench of jaws was accompanied with growls and snarling as great frame pushed, both combatants falling to the ground.
Whole pack was whipped into greater passion with the alpha-leader's duel starting. Shearing winds knocked most part of the animals prone, but again they fearlessly ran on furious charge at new enemy. Forgetting about scouts, wolves ran at the paladin and his mount, pack attacking both of them with sheer number and ferociousness. When one half made pincer attack at mount, teeth closest grappling at reins and mane, goliath was met with storm of claws and jaws of remaining predators.

Holding onto spikes and scales, drow felt rush of adrenaline and mild disturbance in her stomach when dragon dived down to earth.
"Yeeeeehaahaahaahaa!" Mad laughter was stiffed by rush of air pressure and gusts of wind. With sudden midair maneuver, lungs lost breath and guts shuddered from sudden urge to throw back supper from village. The new flight away, elf slumped on the back of serpentine creature. "Blargh!"
Last edited by Rainbow Prism on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

A frustrated, and irritated sigh sounds from Tristian, watching these two humans fight. The paladin does however, garner a little more respect than this annoying commander. Spell prepared [b:3up5yftn][Rusting Grasp][/b:3up5yftn], whilst most of the attention appears to be off of him, he steps in behind the commander, and reaches out to grasp the Axe head, that upon mere contact of his hand would cause the metal portion of the axe to rust all the way through, and become utterly useless as a weapon, [color=#FFBF00:3up5yftn]"Can we all PLEASE stop this childish bickering?! Such lack of discipline I would think beneath the disciples of Helm. Right now, I have a supposed trial to be preparing for, I have not been permitted to investigate the scene of the crime myself, nor question the prisoner, and only been subject to the raving of overzealous madmen more interested in killing a man for how he was born, rather than what he may or may not have done! Selune, give me patience, and may Tyr give someone around here the good sense to care more about truth, than the genocide of lycanthropy. There is nothing good or holy, in such a slaughter, they may be beasts, and strongly driven by instincts and passions, but they can reason like the rest of us, and given a chance, learn to be in better control of their actions."[/color:3up5yftn] Indeed, he would know, being a Dire Werebat himself, but as he has proven, able to demonstrate incredible restraint and discipline over his animal aspects. There is some small hope on his mind, that this paladin has more of a level-headed mind for the difference between true monsters, and people with monstrous traits. He is after all defending a half-fiend, and that must stand for something worth trusting his sense of morality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vailintin, for one, as he rides the plummeting dragon into that dive, shows himself a fair bit bolder than the elf. Where as she stays along for the aerial roller-coaster, catching sight of the trouble below, tiefling rogue, lets go his position astride the neck and shoulders of plummeting dragon, rolling with the brief free-fall as his lesser weight and drag of air, slow his fall, then catches hold of Jormung's tail as it passes before him. Either really brave, really crazy, or both, some might think of this stunt. It's all topped off when the dive turns to a swoop, and upon down stroke of the tail, Vailintin releases, letting himself be flung, rather forcefully, into a drop upon one of the wolves attacking blaze. The force of his drop, even with all his nimble reflexes, and infernal heritage, is no protection against the impact to be suffered, not even with a wolf breaking his fall. Fortunate for him in this crazy stunt, is plunging with rapier out ahead of his fall, ramming it to the hilt into the savage wolf, as he falls into a tumble that would surely leave some bones broken, or joints dislocated.

The aftermath of his fall and tumble, leaves the war charger with one less wolf harassing it, and a tiefling laying battered and knocked out, for the moment, under a skewered and rapidly dying wolf. Why so quickly? In Vailintin's hand, the voraciously hungry vampiric rapier, proceeds to feed, draining blood from the impaled wolf, and in the same process, draining the very life essence from the beast, and pouring it into the battered tiefling, healing his wounds, pulling him from loss of consciousness, and as it drains the wolf, wholly to death, giving its wielder a temporary boost of vitality and strength, just as a well-fed vampire might get from a recent feeding. Before long, the suicidal stunt, turns into Vailintin pushing the wolf off and turning first to attack the rear flank of the other wolves attacking Blaze.

[color=#800000:3up5yftn]<<That's more like it! Keep it coming and we'll make quick work of these mongrels!>>[/color:3up5yftn] the rapier, glowing crimson now, thoroughly delighted by the bloodshed, and battle. This is the sort of carnage it craves.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall folded his arms, thoroughly enjoying this spectacle. He was surprised slightly by the human's outburst but he did agree with the elven druid, the men in charge of this outpost were running too much on emotions instead of logic. "Need I remind the two of ye that thy city is under attack? Now, granted my heritage must give thee much pause, however, in the thousand or so years I have been alive not one person has erupted into flames simply by me being near them." He pointed out the window, "Now I do not know thy quarrel with the elf over there, but neither of us has made any hostile actions since coming here. That is more than I can say for what ever is causing that. For the last time, I am offering thee my services." Jherall snapped his wrist, flipping the staff into the air. As it rotated the staff shrank, and when Jherall plucked it out of the air, the staff fit within his palm. He placed it back into the folds of his robe.

Zyeke