Test run!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Re: Test run!

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Leaving three of beasts to overpower warcharger, wolves turned to face new arrival. Suddenly they moved in for attack all together. There was no tactic, no strategy, no cunning. Many fangs closed in fast, ignoring safety, aiming to rip the humanoid to shreds.

Massive blade of battleaxe met gentle touch of elven hand, first covering with brown flakes, then getting free from the handle and collapsing in form of orange dust. This attracted attention of wielder enough for paladin to take this advantage and wrestle him out, pushing away with useless stick. Or not.
Kars knew that lack of weapon does not make this grizzled warrior any less dangerous. He held out his palm defensively. "Stop immediately. Your men need your help, as this village."
At least the words were enough to leave him puzzled before crow that was watching all this impassively sounded shrill caw and jumped off the ledge into the room. In midair, transformation occurred, bird legs growing thicker and longer, feathers elongating and mending into fabric to cover newly formed limbs and shaping human body. In mere seconds, which once was an animal is now revealed as elderly woman in cowled robe of earthly color and polished wooden staff.
"You ask last time. Then what, fiendling? Tell me. I am intrigued." Soft voice that sounded more like flow of spring came from her lips. Eyes filled with patience and wisdom looked over the half-demon and turned to elf, more attention given to him.
[i:kmi11skm]"I received your call, but it seems doubtful, your intent. Care to explain yourself?"[/i:kmi11skm] Words spoken were not known to many of present in this room. The secret language of druid was not common knowledge after all.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

"Then I simply sit back and enjoy the show. I see no reason for people such as I or that elf to be treated as criminals when neither has done thee or thy village any wrong. And simply because ye have heard old wive's tales about sneaky wolf men that steal thy children at night. As someone who has been in thy position, I must say there are certainly better ways of proving our innocence." He glanced at the paladin, "Ask thy knightly friend if we speak true. Unless ye don't trust the gods." Jherall smiled a little, "As a sign of good faith, I shall let ye test me first. Any questions ye want, no magic, ye have my word, so long as this settles any dispute thou might have with me."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka growled in reply as the wolf pack tore off to attack Blaze first, then surged towards Vailintin, whom just performed his aerial acrobatics [b:3fh6muet]off[/b:3fh6muet] of Jormungander's back. The paladin lunged at the first wolf he saw, sword-edge leading. His eyes blazing with determination. The wolf had two choices; be smart, and live, or think with it's gut and die.

Blaze, previously surrounded by two of the furry mongrels, reared up on his hind legs, and stomped down at the wolves that were harassing him.

==========================

Jormung realized, the instant that Vailintin had taken his leave, just ho the tiefling had left his scaly back.

Growling with resignation, the great wyrm banked hard in the air, and started a practiced descent towards the ground; "that little stunt of his had better have been worth this. Hold on back there." With that said, the great gold dragon swooped down and banked hard, coming into a steep circle of the wolves.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

A hint of relief, enters elven eyes as Kars brings some semblance of order and peace to the tension and angst in the office, looking more like an armory. And then attention is drawn to the crow that enters so intently. Before he even thinks to attempt use of Wild Empathy, does he recognize the transformation, the art of a druid's Wild Shape ability. Whence crow has become elderly woman, and a druid clearly, Tristian is easily first in the room to bow his head in respect to her, his age in terms of years may surpass hers, but she is clearly more experienced, and rightfully his elder.

When spoken to in druid tongue, he replies in kind, [i:yfyi5wvv][color=#FFBF00:yfyi5wvv]"I had not time for a detailed message, whilst being crudely questioned by the brusque fellow with the stick. He has made no secret of his spite for elves and druids both. The prisoner, more precisely, is a Werewolf Lord. That he killed a man, I have no doubt, but while I have not been permitted a chance to question him, nor investigate the scene where the attack took place, I have my reasons to suspect it was self-defense. When I arrived he was cornered by men with only steel-tipped spears, but was not attacking them. I convinced him to go to their prison peacefully, and allow me an opportunity to handle this without further bloodshed. He is not yet one of Malar's disciples, nor does he seem to have a god he prays to as yet. My clan and I, we are followers of Selune, and associated with the Lythari Order. Yes, the Lythari Order, my family has carried lycanthropy that began with a Dire Bat, after the founders of our clan, attempted to pursue a Drow raiding party with intent of retaliation. So, I speak with experience, when I say I can tell the wolf is not the savage evil monster these Helmites suggest. He could have slaughtered his way to freedom from this keep, but has gone to prison peacefully. At most he is a man, as much as beast, that fights only to keep his life. A life I would not see extinguished before it is saved from the terrible fate that awaits the Faithless. "[/color:yfyi5wvv][/i:yfyi5wvv]
A pause, and he takes a look over toward Kars and this commander, most accusingly at the commander, wile he switches back to Common, but still speaking to the woman as well, [color=#FFBF00:yfyi5wvv]"I have gotten the most profound impression that men of justice here, do not care if the prisoner was defending himself, and are determined to execute him based on how he was born. That they will ensure that the evidence will find him guilty, no matter what they find. Make no mistake though, should a proper investigation be done, and it be proven that it was self-defense, he will not be simply cut loose. I have perceived he is among The Faithless and before Malar can get a hold on him, I intend to lead him to Selune, that he may learn to use his abilities for good."[/color:yfyi5wvv] A glance back to Kars, suspecting a man of faith could appreciate concern for redemption of those without a faith.
Eyes go back to the woman, once more speaking in the druid language, [i:yfyi5wvv][color=#FFBF00:yfyi5wvv]"This land is familiar to you, as are these people, I pray you can be of aid."[/color:yfyi5wvv][/i:yfyi5wvv]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eyes ablaze with excitement and delight at the rush of battle, Vailintin taps into a power he shares with Drow, dropping a globe of darkness in the path of the wolves advancing on him, at once leaping aside, then activates the [b:yfyi5wvv]Darklight[/b:yfyi5wvv] enchantment of his ring, providing for himself, a shadowy illumination that gives his surroundings a surreal appearance. Also is he hidden from Darkvision. Once back to his feet, the dagger is put away, and rapier stabbed into the soil, placed for convenient retrieval, and then begins with his favorite tavern game. One throwing dagger after another, whirling flashes of metal are sent out to bite into vital areas of wolves as they emerge from the darkness globe. Worth it? He would think so, and so might the dragon, when he is told of the complete trust held in the dragon during that moment of daredevil inspiration. Even the tiefling can't fully explain how such total trust was formed in so short a time, and would likely be upset by the things he might learn about himself if he really tried.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Great large werewolf, has a seat, while he awaits the return of the dog, hoping it sees fit to follow out the simple orders. In the meantime though, he hollers, [i:oel6uq9u]"If the lot of ye haven't the sense ta listen to my advice, the wisdom ta know a feller just doin' what he must tae keep alive, or the decency to at least give me some decent company, maybe a dwarf ta chat with 'bout good mead, glorious battles, an' women, can I least have a last request since the lot of ye are all fired up tae put me down like a rabid mongrel, all 'cause I killed that bloodthirsty bastard ta save me own skin?"[/i:oel6uq9u]

Afterward, he settles to grumbling, [i:oel6uq9u]"Weren't my fault his magic tae sway me mind into tellin' me private secrets didnae work. Durned fool had no business knowin' what I am, or that I'm keen fer matin' with that Winter Wolf I seen out on the road, with that big feller in full plate armor. Truth enough in me intentions when I came through them gates, I was 'ere ta trade me furs, an' buy supplies. Maybe if I could get enough coin fer them, I'd be buyin' me an axe, made of cold iron, an' lookin' fer someone that could enchant the bloody thing, e'en if it's just ta make the thing warn me when a fae creature is near. Lot of ye buggers 'ave no idea what it's like bein' hunted by a Dryad."[/i:oel6uq9u]
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

The grey scourge did not seem to have the usual cunning and cautiousness of it's kind. Each of them had no intention to retreat to save his life.
When great barbarian moved in for attack, the pack replied with similar charge, drool oozing from their fangs.

Emerging from dark globe, pawed raiders did not slow down, steel stuck in their vitals. Ferocious lunges with gore and saliva from many mouthes continued. One of them came close enough to bite into leg of tiefling only to die with his jaws locked in death spasm.
The mount fighting back nearby met the same trouble. Trampled, bleeding in fountain of blood, wounded predator was clacking his teeth in last seconds of it's life. The second went for the throat, missing falling hooves and getting his teeth on the bridle.

Finally alpha leader fell, his bloody throat producing unearthly howl, red glowing eyes dimming with it's unholy soul moving out of the body. But attack did not let up. Three more of lesser animals approached, baring fangs at wounded winter wolf. And somewhere inside it's mind, urge came to give up, give up and join them, spread carnage and become another render of flesh.

"Wait, what in the Abyss are you..."
Too late.
"Woah!" drow-in-disguise was holding onto the scales with all her strength. Looking down at suddenly zooming in terrain, sharp eyes noted how dire the situation is and effort was taken to unstrap bow from the backpack. It seemed like it will be needed.

At the same time, in Harrowsmith, third volley of arrows was launched, hitting the last remaining skeletons and zombies. Putting together a report about situation, messenger was sent to the commander, running the stairs.

Reaction of two men was very differing. One, champion and enforcer of deity, straightened himself up, giving nod of acknowledgement. "Greetings, lady Cleira. It is good to see you in this time."
Burly warrior warmonger hissed, throwing down handle of once loyal weapon. "You! Last thing I need is another tree-hugger in this fort!"
Despite their different feelings, both men shared certain distrust when druids spoke their language, which could be as well gibberish to them. Still, they stood, not taking attempt to interrupt her.
"I would stay in place and say nothing if I were you, fiendling. If you had a hand in whatever happened here, intentionally or not, you are not welcome on this land." Eyes glanced at the half-fiend and tone was colder than usual when she interrupted her communications and switched to Common. Then came silence as she listened to druid's speech.
"That much I heard. I am not informed well on the matter of this particular werewolf, but I can say you are on hard path. Not only these creatures are known for their ferociousness, the fear of them and their cursed progeny is common in many lands. This village is not exception. Perhaps I can alleviate his guilt in eyes of local folk, but only if he killed without thoughts of predator. Then, I cannot interfere. But before that..." Again, understandable words of widespread language was changed to druidic again.
[i:m1pj3kp4]"Before I do anything, I ask you - why did you proclaim this settlement enemy of neighbor with who the many folk lived in peace? Why risk tipping the balance so much when nothing is certain?"[/i:m1pj3kp4]

On the ground, lower than highest chambers of stone keep, animals in farmhouses were restless. With them being domesticated, they resisted the call of nature, but even then, they may submit to forgotten wilderness. So far, only those who knew ways of predators were quick to answer.
Stray dog moved through deserted fields to place where it could likely find bones for his new friend. Wild hiss made hair of his fur stay straight - he faced his natural enemy, it being local cat. Both met their eyes, filled with loathing and anger meant for each other. Today, they will settle their differences once and for all.
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

A glare, is shot from elven eyes to commander, as he again declares his spite for druids, and so much more venomous is his glare then, than before, for it is in the presence of a woman, whom in his eyes deserves greater respect than that. Still he holds his tongue, and hears her out, nodding with agreement, right up to the point where in druidic tongue, she poses her question to him. The nodding stops, head tilts aside, and brows knit. He's confused, clearly, unable to remember making so terrible a declaration. without answering her, he goes to the window urgently, gazing out into the night, and focusing a moment. Then his gaze turns back to her, replying in their secret language, [color=#FFBF00:1l7f343e][i:1l7f343e]"I thought I sensed something amiss, but I had thought I'd mistaken my own struggles to maintain patience with the intolerable soldier over there, for something far worse."[/i:1l7f343e][/color:1l7f343e] Again brows knit, thinking this time, and then he faces her, [color=#FFBF00:1l7f343e][i:1l7f343e]"The... only thing I can think of, is Vidanya, my companion. She and I share a [b:1l7f343e]VERY[/b:1l7f343e] close bond. I fear the anger that I felt, when dealing with the soldiers of this place, even though I held it in check, I may have unintentionally given her the impression that I had passed such a judgement. I... I pray you can forgive me this lapse in discipline. When my purpose here is done, I will lend my aid, I swear it, to restore order to the forest."[/i:1l7f343e][/color:1l7f343e]

He turns about to face all present once more, and once more speaking in Common, [color=#FFBF00:1l7f343e]"I do not mean to pass judgement for fear of what is not as well understood as some things, but not all lycanthropes are evil. It is a great and terrible power they possess, those that are most commonly heard of, are all too often the wicked ones. For just as with mages, the temptation to abuse power is a mightily seductive thing, and when a soul hasn't had the benefit of moral guidance, they are far more likely to surrender to that temptation. Then they are made haughty, reveling in belief that their power, makes them invincible and they can take whatever they want. But just like any individual, set apart from the rest of the world by what makes them unique, they crave the company of others like them. And so they either resort to infecting people with their bite, or join the company of like-minded lycanthropes, which are most often those that worship Malar. Those few who have the benefit of moral guidance, before they commit such acts as has made the world to hate and fear them, most often have the self-discipline, and discretion to not flaunt their power, but rather use it discretely for the benefit of all. These, hardly anyone even knows exist, because of the widespread belief that they're incapable of being good, they must keep themselves secret, for their own safety."[/color:1l7f343e]
A short pause, and he finishes, [color=#FFBF00:1l7f343e]"The short an simple of it, they're no more inherently good or evil than any human, elf, or dwarf. They have the capacity for extremes of both, and I'm well prepared to prove it, provided there is someone of authority here, who can cast the necessary spell to detect whether a person be good or evil."[/color:1l7f343e]

A risky proposition, exposing his own lycanthropy, but well prepared to lay that on the line, if Kars would agree that such evidence needs be proven, and Cleira approves of taking that risk. If nothing else, he knows his own heart well enough after years of adventuring, patrols, the occasional vampire nest extermination, and one adventure through Underdark, thanks to the frequently hazardous magic experiments of a particular family of wizards, that his heart is strongly aligned with good. In fact he often struggles with his sense of justice as well, in order to maintain that essential neutrality required of all druids.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Vailintin, these bite woulds, so long as his 'wicked' rapier remained close at hand, would only prove an inconvenience. As the wolves that had set upon him fell one by one, to his volleys of thrown dagger, the final one to fall, truly gives him some concern, as those jaws get close enough to clamp around his leg. The only saving graces, is that hard clamping bite, is a desperate dying attempt to wound him, and that his armor only comes off when in bed with a frisky lass, or bathing. In this case, his boot turns the jagged bite into a tight squeeze. Satisfied with his marksmanship, he retrieves rapier from the soil, and roughly kicks head of dying wolf away from his leg. Rapier is slid back into sheath, he kneels down to carve a nice big slab of bloody meat out of the nearest wolf, hoping to tempt the others with an easy feast. But first, he uncorks a vile vial of red fluid, and pours it onto the meat, and even rubs it in, lacing the meat with the Fiendish Drug, known as Agony, or Liquid Pain. Touching it may be harmless but swallowing it...

Despicable bait prepared, he seizes hold of a few random stones on the ground, and flings them hard as he can into the midst of the wolf-groupings concentrated around Veraka and Aurora, attempting to draw their attention, throwing in a, [color=#FF0000:1l7f343e]"Hey you slobbering inbred mongrels, over here![/color:1l7f343e]" The instant their attention appears drawn he remains ready to lob the meat into their midst, and flee, just in case they don't stop to fight over and devour the tainted meat. But until he draws that attention, remains prepared to pelt them with more stones, a distraction more annoying than painful, though still mildly painful.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall arced an eyebrow. "Fiendling? Honestly, how the world has declined since the fall of Netheril, it doth bring me great sadness to see one of the People resort to petty insults." He leaned against the sill of the window, "If I am a fiendling, does that make thee an elfling? Judging by the manner of thy speach thou art important in thy clan. I have not insulted thee, elf lass, so please refrain from insulting me."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka pushed at his psyche, trying to push himself into a rage. After a few more swipes from the wolves, Veraka let loose a roar of power and fury that rivaled Jormung's own voice for a split second; then his eyes flashed solid silver, his celestial blood boiling in his veins, as the one gift that Bahamut bestowed upon him took effect. Veraka had awakened his [i:3j5rlri9]Dragon's Rage[/i:3j5rlri9]. With speed and strength that seemed near superhuman, Veraka became a near blur, as he set about hacking the wolf pack to pieces. He set upon the first wolf, Marala Vharc leading.
The sword stabbed through the neck of the wolf, maiming it badly, however, when the enraged aasimar yanked the blade out, the wolf would go silent, as Veraka gave a powerful [i:3j5rlri9]coup de grâce[/i:3j5rlri9] to the yelping mut. Then turned his attention onto the second wolf, as he unleashed a whirlwind attack with his sword on the canine, stepping over his front foot with his rear, which served to increase the speed of the arching blade.
Marala Vharc connected with the wolf's skull, its razor edge cutting deep into bone, and slicing through organs.

Through his frenzied assault, Veraka cut a swath through the wolf pack, his rage reaching a crescendo as he bellowed aloud, his challenge towards any of the canines or other enemies to attack him. Inside his soul, the spirit of an ancient silver wyrm fed his rage with it's eternal thirst for justice and retribution, while simultaneously, quelling his darker nature, an unnatural curse in him, the Berserker. The enraged aasimar hacked and slashed through the remaining wolves of the pack, while he felt the stinging attack of a jaw clamping down on his leg, and the continuous rakes of claws against his armor. However, it was the yelps of Aurora that drew Veraka's attention. With a roaring howl, the raging aasimar charged at the three smaller wolves attacking Aurora, and proceeded to ferociously slaughter them, one by one. In the fury of his [i:3j5rlri9]Dragon Rage[/i:3j5rlri9], Veraka saw these wolves as a waste of his time, and therefor, sought the quickest way to end their miserable lives as possible.

===============================

Aurora tried and tried to get up and into a fighting pose, but her injuries with fighting the Alpha, however, limited her mobility. She felt her natural instincts returning to her, her wolf blood calling to her to turn on her little brother and his mate and pups. Her blood curled inside her very veins at the idea; of turning on her pack and feasting on their flesh.
[i:3j5rlri9]AURORA ORDEN![/i:3j5rlri9] boomed Jormung's voice in her head, as the mighty gold dragon circled above. [i:3j5rlri9]You are not a servant of Malar, nor do I intend to let you become one. Veraka saved your life from the very creatures whom you fight now, as does he and others. Yet you are here, thinking of giving into their way, to become one of them, and stoop to their level of mindless recklessness, and savagery. NO!! You are part of his pack, and I will not let you become one of them.[/i:3j5rlri9]

The winter wolf looked up just in time to see the great wyrm circle around her, and let out a roar that echoed throughout the sky. She understood in that moment that Jormungander was not the only one growing tired of this battle, but he was not willing to see any of Veraka's friends or family suffer for it.

============================

Jormungander continued his circular descent towards the battle, not willing to risk upsetting the drow-in-elf-skin on the back of his neck again.
"Those restless and mindless balls of fur even tempt Aurora with their mindless ways, not while [b:3j5rlri9]I'm[/b:3j5rlri9] present for this battle." If Eo had a view of Jormung's face, she'd notice his razor sharp teeth were gritted together in apprehension for this battle; teeth that looked like they could shred the toughest of plate armor with ease, and still crush the user within.

"These muts will learn fear," the gold dragon growled deeply, the rumbling could be easily felt by Eo through his neck.

"Keep that spear-thrower of yours handy, lass," the wyrm spoke to the elf lass on his back; "and do [b:3j5rlri9]not[/b:3j5rlri9] attempt to pull some stunt like our tiefling rogue did just moments ago. I am not in the mood for theatrics." With that, the gold dragon banked hard, and then barrel-rolled downward towards the battle. When Jormung was about 200 meters from the ground, he pulled up, leveling off, and then banking hard to the right again, dove the remaining distance towards the wolves that were harassing Vailintin, and Blaze.

The great wyrm lowered his rear legs first, and thundered onto the ground in a gallop, his massive claws digging into the earth, putting furrows into the soil so deep that Eo or Vailintin could lie down in fully. The wyrm then let loose a terror-inducing roar that few among any species to could resist, and not come out of, shaken to the bone. The sheer size of Jormungander on the ground gave way to the frightful presence aspect of the wyrm. His mighty roar would give way to the full aspect of his frightful presence to the wolves, as well as possibly to Vailintin and Blaze, whom were both on the ground when Jormungander landed.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Druidess laughed at the retort pf half-fiend, but that was sour chuckle in time of crisis. "I am flattered you call me one of Tel'quessir, but you are right." With that, cowl was pulled back and pointed ears in the midst of long unkempt gray hair with certain roundness that made it distinctive from elven and human ears. That and aged, but fresh skin which should have shriveled in passage of time identified her as half-elf.
"I may be called elfling, but surely not by abomination of nature like you." Once again, her fading blue eyes shifted the gaze, looking with greater interest on paladin, who glared at demonblood, black gauntlet training wrist movement, fingers snapping and steel screeching.
"I believe there is a reason for you being patient in presence of this creature with you being back at arms. Especially when it is not chained or not blinded or in any way incapacitated. Care to explain why?"
Kars winced, meeting her stare. "Despite him being not shown as direct servant of evil, I could not let him go. Instead, I wanted to keep him in sight, especially now."
This time, Harold interfered, already snatching another axe from the wall and putting it on belt. "You take too much for yourself. As always. It is obvious this demon tricked you and later initiated attack with reserved undead forces which attacked in really suspicious time. Let's decapitate it before anything else happens. We already have enough problem with killer-werewolf and bandit paladin-imposter."
Woman's lips opened to stop the rant, but were pause was set before she spoke again. "Your actions are hasty, Harold Cornwell. Martial law is not an option here. But I must agree on one notion - timing is really disturbing. It may be we have a problem's cure right near us." All three stared at the half-fiend with uneasy silence.
Cough interrupted it and half-elf looked at druid yet again. "I would like to know more about everything, but we cannot risk it right now. We should be taking quick steps to answer the most important issues."
"Agreed." Brooding paladin nodded, crossing his arms. "I wanted to report one thing. It will be interesting to you, lady Cleira. Your apprentice gave information at cost of near-death experience. He is alive, but he needs rest. There is something happening outside, but it seems to originate from goblin caves."
Again, silence ruled the room. This time it was shaken by knock on the door.

Wolves ignored both chips of stone that harmlessly bounced off thick hide unlike sharpened steel that fell many of their rank and were not enticed by juicy treat. They were after warm blood, preparing to attack seemingly weak preys. Instead, they got blood of their own.
Whirlwind of carnage swept through they rank, but the beasts seemingly ignored the swift scourge that swept their numbers. Attack was continued, blood, bones and guts littering the air as crimson intoxicating cloud when many lunged with fangs without any regard to defense. Charge of great wyrm and mighty roar that marked it's fearful presence sundered air, but fear simply was out of question for these creatures. Some of them, especially mindless, jumped at the dragon in frenzy, rended under claws of running dragon.
Looking at all this, defending soldiers watched at this with fear crawling up their skulls. "He is monster, just like them! Take Glen and retreat. We must report to the commander." They started to lift their wounded groaning comrade and running in direction of fortress.
Looking at madness down there, elf was terrified almost in the same fashion.
*I was to hunt down this? If this camouflage holds, I should ask for twice the full amount. In gold!*
Back and forth, eyes watched at the fight, then at the bow. It looked feeble and useless in comparison to struggle down there. She just held on and tried to enjoy a ride - not many can say tales of riding a dragon, claim to be true and be right in their own way.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall laughed quietly and shook his head, "Oh, now thou art asking my help in dealing with... what exactly?" He looked at the messenger who stood meekly in the corner, obviously afraid of the half fiend. The arcanist scoffed silently, he loved the fear, missed it very much in fact. "What problem dost thou need solving that they would be willing to turn to a 'fiendling' for help?" He stood up straight, one hand on the windowsill, his gaze looking straight at the female elf. The half fiend looked at the half elven lady carefully, taking her measure, perhaps this one could tell him what happened to his city... he let that train of thought drop. She hardly looked old enough... but where magic was concerened, anything was possible, he was proof of that.

Zyeke
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Safely inside, young boy, watches the crossbowmen tinker away with special bolts, and grumbles, then looks back to the soldier that pulled him in, "How come they're shootin' them? Da always said ya gotta hit 'em with somethin' like a club, or an axe, ya gotta bash 'em or chop 'em! They go down lots faster that way!"

Skeletons begin to suffer slightly more grievous damage, but 'tis still at the expense of great quantities of ammo, to bring down even one or two of the animated fleshless horrors. Their intelligence nearly nonexistent, those most damaged in the assault with crossbows, get the brilliant idea to turn and throw their axes at the attackers on the wall. Given the height of the throw needed, armor worn by soldiers, and areas to take cover, some of these may just hit the wall uselessly, others fly over harmlessly, and yet one or two might actually find purchase in a man's head, or shatter a crossbow in its wielder's hands.

The boy may have a point, archery is a poor counter-attack against these bare-bones monstrosities trying to get into the city by force. And then he asks, "Ummm... is there someplace I can stay? I'm awful tired, an' hungry. I promise not ta be any trouble." Face dirty with his sandy blond hair, and bright blue eyes, he looks up hopefully, such an innocent face... a boy his age shouldn't have to face loss of his parents to necromancy, and still he's keeping himself together. Might make a good soldier someday with that resilience.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Guard looked at impatience of the boy, mistaking it for thirst of vengeance and opened an eyeslit in wall. "Shh, kid. Wanna see how good it is? C'mon, take a peek. Best of what we have 'ere." With that, he raised the boy to the small hole, letting see how skeletons fare.
Unfortunately for them, it was the end. Acid exploded in blobs of goo meeting both bones and earth, splashing all around the impact, be it simple grass or lifeless husk. Skeletal remains, dissolving in matters of seconds, barely had any strength behind them to throw a good shot, footing under them crumbling and sometimes limbs falling off with just attempt to lift hand for next swing. Soon, there was no sound except for wind blowing in the night, howls of beasts running wild outside of keep and bubbling of acidic liquid that left a zone of dying earth.
"Sarge is going to kill us for shooting them too much." Squad leader watched down, making sure of perfect trained work with unharmed living eye. "Dissmissed. Continue the watch as before combat."
When it looked like boy had enough, youth down near the gates tapped the shoulder gently. "Are ye hungry? Let's get somethin' to eat. Then we will talk with big shiny knights, okay?"

Messenger came with report, hoping to see commander in good mood. His expression of shock was evident when he saw the most strange crowd, standing still. He noted to himself presence of the druid, amazed at how she got in without anyone's knowledge and his supreme authority scowling at him.
"What you got here, whelp?"
Straightening up, soldier saluted as was said by protocol, trying without success to ignore presence of half-demon. "Sir, news from the wall. Attack of undead in scores of dozen. They pursued a boy, who is now safe and sound. They are being vanquished as we speak."
Nodding, his muscular jaw strained, elder warrior replied.
"Good job. Clean up the mess and wait for orders. Dismissed."
Turning back in wake of leaving underling, he snarled at half-demon. "How about a proof that this is not your doing, sulfur eater?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall laughed, "Proof of what? That I did not cast the spells to raise a horde of undead? That would be rather difficult human." The half fiend walked to the table in the center of the room. With a flick of his finger the sorcerer the things on the table top flew off and clattered on the floor. Meanwhile the man dumped the ingredients of his spell component pouch onto the empty table top. "As you can see, I have no components for a spell to raise undead," He smiled, "Although if I had cast that spell, the components would not be in this pouch..." Jherall shrugged, "So I suppose there really is no way to prove that I did not cast that spell." Suddenly his eyes flared up with dark red flames, "However, I am certain that you have already made me out to be the villain, so perhaps I should burn down a house or two to give you ample excuse." As he spoke the flames extended from his eyes to form a cloak over his body, and a dark miasma extended from beneath his cloak, one that sapped the physical strength from those around him. Just as suddenly as it started, the theurge stopped both the flames and the miasma, "Remember this humans, I do not use undead because I do not need to. There are two types of strength: strength in numbers and strength in quality. Regardless of its size a mound of garbage will not turn into a diamond."

Zyeke
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

The moment wizard pulsed with dark flame, three comrades felt it's effect. Harold was left to rely on his toughness, teeth grit in defiance, when his accomplices used sacred boons to resist the vile energy. Armor of paladin exploded in burst of light, as if challenging the malevolent presence. In this flash, jet black steel turned into silvery material under influence of divine grace. Still it was momentary, just like threat of half-blood, fading back, leaving night armor with it's usual sheen in light of candles.
Cleira's response was not as visible as one of Kars's, but trained eye could see shift of power in air. She was true master of this realm, so close to sanctified shrine, and it protected her and guest of this land. Her pose not changing, only lips trembled at connection being disturbed by unknown presence somewhere out there.
Iron clicked, furious stare enhanced by equipped helm. Greatsword was taken out in quick fluid motion, tip of blade close to Jherral's face. Enough to scrub the nose against it, if such idea ever would be present.
"Right now, I completed my evaluation, fiend. Another snide comment, another profane magic or another reason to doubt your actions, and my visor closes. And when it does, I do not parley."
Words were said with finality that made it clear about it being last warning. At that proximity, it could be felt, the aura on edge disturbing arcane magic, making accurate formulaes very close to dissipation.
Nobody of remaining two said anything in protection of fiend-blooded humanoid.
Last edited by Rainbow Prism on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.