Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae nodded, Shade was sad, but understood. the purple smoke appeared and then the spider was gone. when the wound was sealed, she thanked Cinder. her eyes closed, the tint returning to maroon, and sighed.
"its not over," she said at last to everyone, "my scouting revealed this is only half of them. and thats assuming whoever decides not to add to it."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder releasted her hand from Zerae's wound
" When i was in the cave wall Zerae i seen a deep red light coming toward me " Cinder explained to Zerae
" I threw a pellet at it and it moved deeper into the rock it seemed to kind of slither" she continued.
I am sure it is in there lerking about somewhere just thought I should mention it, it did look kinda dangerous.
She turned to see Adain and the others coming to ward them and relived to see Adain unharmed. She wispered a prayer of thanks to Eilistraee under her breath for keeping him safe.

(( Is Verake in need of help with his wound or does his mother take care of that, is she a healer Verake ... I am not sure of my place in this matter ))
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's white eyebrows came together.

"There are a number of creatures that can move through rock," he said. "And all of them are worrisome. I wish my sister was here. She could tell us what it might have been. And lecture us nonstop about it for the whole day."

(A dislocated shoulder is [i:30evitln]painful.[/i:30evitln] He could probably use some help.)
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"he doesnt look too ok," the rogue getting to her feet and indicating Adain. "we'll rest a few minutes. Neriah, did you happen to develop defensive spells?" (since sorceress' develop not learn)
She also looked to Veraka's mother, not wanting Cinder or Adain to over spend themselves.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

As Adan and the others drew closer she saw that Adain was definitely in pain and holding his shoulder.
She raced to his side Adain indicated that he thought his shoulder was dislocated.
She gently helped him support his shoulder as they approached the area were she had been with Zerae.
Rest here wile i remove your armour, she unfastened his armour and carefully removed his it.
Her hands moved over his shoulder delicately investigating with both her hands and mind.

" Ahh i see " she said " I know what need be done " to one particular as she manpowered bone and muscle, she focused and with a quick motion things were back in place.

She reached into her pack and took out a finely woollen scarf rapping his shoulder tightly then fastened his armour.

Cinder turned with a soft kiss to his cheek then burrowed under his wounded shoulder supporting it on hers

She reached for her water skin and opened it with her teeth handing it to him and leaned back with her back to the cave wall, she moved her hand around his shoulder gathering his violet light along with singing a calm healing spell she focused on the tender area.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=blue:rpkxsj5k]"Thank you," he said at last in a quiet voice,[/color:rpkxsj5k]

Sanisa turned to Adian when he was back with the group, and nodded her head; "my young paladin, you are like my son, the right arm of your goddess, I will not allow a small misfortune to end your life so quickly." With that she strode over to her son, who was now biting down, his teeth showing, as the pain of his shoulder was coming round full circle.

[color=blue:rpkxsj5k]"How's your arm, Veraka?"[/color:rpkxsj5k]

To Adian's question, if the aasimar's grunts of light pain weren't enough, he turned quickly and flashed a smile, and responded "it's nothing really; just what a paladin endures on his daily work, ehh?" he laughed in an attempt to null the pain, which partially worked, albeit, not quite fully.

To the young drow paladin's remark, Neriah remarked, "let us be glad she is not here, for I would be quickly bored of such ill-fated talks about holy this, and celestial that."

Sanisa looked over to Neriah, and gave her a stern look, to which the fey'ri stuck out her tonque to the solar. The solar woman then spoke; "be wary, my fey'ri stepdaughter, just because you are the betrothed of my only son, AND are carrying my twin grandchildren, does not mean I will tolerate such cynicism from you, am I understood?" She then smiled lightly, and gave the fey'ri a wink that only she could see.

Neriah played along and feigned a pouting expression; "fine," was her only response.

Hearing Zarae's question, Neriah turns and nods, "I have a few spells in my memory that may come in handy in the next few moments, but only a few, most of my skills in the Art lean towards
offensive might or just simple survival spells that I learned were handy no matter what situation."
She glanced around at everyone, and then continued; "I don't like sitting here waiting for something to happen."

"Neriah," Veraka grunted lightly as his mother cast [i:rpkxsj5k]Heal[/i:rpkxsj5k] on him and his shoulder; "when [b:rpkxsj5k]don't[/b:rpkxsj5k] we like sitting around waiting for something to happen."

The fey'ri's lips curled into a smile, as her eyes locked into a sultry smile as she felt her demonic blood infuse a sense of lust into her veins.
"That depends [b:rpkxsj5k]entirely[/b:rpkxsj5k] on the situation, my dear husband, now doesn't it?" she asked her paladin husband, twirling her honey amber curls all the while.

Veraka realized just then, how far his wife had taken the thought, and smirked, while his mother just burst out laughing, her melodic voice putting a vibrant chorus of joy into the air around everyone.
"My son, you may be a mighty warrior, and an exceptional arm with a blade, but you are still very ignorant in the ways of fey'ri women, especially your wife."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((yall got married in this RP by the way))

"we'll get moving soon. I thought that a few minutes to rest would help. and I understand. I have a friend who is a sorceress and she developed and manipulates mostly offensive spells, particularly fire."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Only half of them," Adian said, bringing the subject back around to the immediate situation. "And presumably they could be set on us at any time. We're going to have to come up with a more effective method of dealing with them. We might win again, but we'll not likely be in good shape to deal with whatever lurks behind them."

He gave Cinder's hand a reassuring squeeze. He looked at his hand with the symbol of hid goddess burned into the palm, seeking some sort of inspiration.

"We should move on," he said. "Get away from this battle-site. The master of this place might send something to look for its toys and we shouldn't be around if that happens."

He looked to the others, seeking input.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"If they come, then they'll meet my shield's force and blade's bite," Veraka growled in challenge almost wanting them to come to him full force, just so he could show them what a paladin could do.

"Do not wish for your enemy to find you, my son," Sanisa scolded her son, her tone commanding and very serious; "for all too often [b:22lgw8in]that[/b:22lgw8in] wish comes true, whether you like it or not."

The aasimar looked at his mother, defeated in his pride, slumped his shoulders. "Very well, mother, but Adian's right, we can't sit on our asses, and wait."

[i:22lgw8in]Little Brother speaks true, Lady Sanisa,[/i:22lgw8in] Aurora piped in, seconding the suggestion from Adian to move on; [i:22lgw8in]I was there with Zarae, and there were more.[/i:22lgw8in]

"Yes, yes, Aurora, I am well aware of their presence, as Zarae has informed us, but a decision made in haste, can ultimately lead to demise." The Solar went silent for moment, her eyes lowered from anyone, as if her own words were haunting her for some odd reason.
"If we are to choose something, might I suggest that you, Adian, and my son keep them from us, such as last time. Two paladins, working in conjunction, should be enough to hold them off, should those undead monstrosities decide to return."

Sanisa knew that she could hold off any number of undead, her archangel powers more than a match for any undead footman. It was her son and his mortal friends that she worried over, including her new daughter-in-law, and grandchildren.
"Besides Adian, would you honestly think that I would come down from the slopes of Mount Celestia without proper preparation."

Neriah giggled at the thought of the celestial woman not preparing for a departure from her native plane.

"Come, let us press forward," Sanisa waved the group forward, then indicated for Zarae to guide the way.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian nodded.

"No slight to you meant, my lady," he said.

He flexed his arms and was satisfied that he could use them without difficulty. He rechecked his armor out of habit, though the enchantments on it kept it in place and in good shape. Then he took a deep breath and stood aside for Zarae.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"they didnt march out," she was deep in thought trying to think a plan, "or else we could try drawing them to us in a place prepared with us in the advantage."
she walked to take lead again then turned, to look at the others, "would an illusion set off the door alarm and trick them? I am prudy sure its a security measure that those stay behind and attack if the door is messed with."

she sent her next round of fun after the group on interlopers. "lets see how well yall do now."
one for each person, the incorperal being flew down the tunnel, despising light and all living things. red glowing eyes barely noticable would be all that could be seen when they got into near.

(wraiths)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian nodded.

"It might work," he said. "The skeletons fought well, much like men, but I don't think they're all that intelligent otherwise. A simple ruse like that might be effective."

He felt a chill approaching, but unfortunately the sensation wasn't strong enough yet for him to make anything of beyond a mere temperature change.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder looked over her gear making sure every thing was sucure

Her blades were at the ready as she followed Adain, she was very concerned about the red light she had seen there was something so ugly about it so evil.

She felt a weakness come over her she tried to fight it but every thing became fuzzy, she kept walking as best she could she would not let this get the best of her now. She called to Auroua to her and asked her if she could only use her shoulder to keep her steady she would be fine.

She felt the evilness watching as she walked carefully she prayed to the dark maid to keep her stronge and ready for what was ahead.
She then heard in a faint wisper it was her grandmother.

" I will be with you as soon as i can my sweet girl i have something that i must atend to first "

" Did you hear that Adain?" she asked him Lady Suru will be with us she sounds concerned.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae seamed unsure then, they had no bard or wizard to create such an illusion. finally, "I can summon a shadow, non evil, "she added quickly to clarify, "but it will weaken me for a bit. unless someone else has a way to make an obedient illusion to go in and set the wards off."

((if she summons it and it is killed or dimissed, XP lost))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I don't know," Adian said. "I think we need to be at top strength...how bad are we talking about here?"