"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar ducked quickly as the drow returned fire on him, he remained low for a moment, letting out a yelp hoping to confuse him into thinking he had struck him. Then, the pirate would spring out from the wagon and made a bee line for the confused half orc. As he darted towards him he'd draw his rapier and would drop to his knees, skidding along the ground as he attaempts to puncture into his knee from behind with the blade in an attempt to bring the man down. At the same time he'd kick at the half-elfs legs, in an attempt to either distract him, or bring him down as well.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae pulled out a simple round black object. she held as if weighing it before chunking it at a group of the bandits. when it hit the ground, it released a cloud of thick smoke, an opportune moment to gain an advantage for someone quick enough (which ever group has the most or in the most trouble).

((the bad guys should be prudy thinned out by now, right?))

moving position to a lower branch and into a prone position, she drew another arrow and released it. she was getting low on ammo she noticed, so it the rogue would enter the melee if the bandits had not scattered by then.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

((OCC: Sorry it took so long to reply.))

Zana sat on the ground. "Food actually sounds good, thank you." She picked up a piece of food and chewed on it. "I don't think bad information is necessarily the best way to describe it, it was old information. The guy we were after had booked it, to where, I have no idea. And yes, set ups have occurred before, but they're usually not counting on a giant tiger being with me," she laughed quietly and looked at Vlad."

He sat down on his haunches and examined the food, eyeballing it suspiciously, [i:2efpiofk]Did you check this food for poison?[/i:2efpiofk]

[i:2efpiofk]No, she was just eating it, I highly doubt she did anything to it while we were talking,[/i:2efpiofk] Zana rolled her eyes. [i:2efpiofk]Relax will you?[/i:2efpiofk]

"I think being in the city got to Vlad, he's become suspicious of everything. I know that place can really get to you if it's been a while."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Adrenaline surged as Onix slammed a balled fist into a human bandit’s stomach, then ejecting his vibro-blade into the man’s gut, and slashing sideways. The human fell to his knees and looking into the clones eyes, his own pleading, asked “mercy; I beg you?” his voice barely a rasp.
The clone retracted his blade and looked him in the eye, asking “Why should I make your agony small?”
With that, he strode by letting the man bleed to death from his lethal wound. Right then he was ambushed by two figures dual-wielding a long sword each and a short sword in their off-hand.

[color=violet:2vxz8bak][i:2vxz8bak]Onix?[/i:2vxz8bak] She sent out, closing her eyes- forehead crinkling; [i:2vxz8bak]Onix, are you ok?[/i:2vxz8bak][/color:2vxz8bak]

The clone would’ve halted when he heard LiNeee’s voice, had he been in near complete control of his body, but again, his training and armor saved his life, as he blocked the first longsword attack with his knife, bringing the bandit around to hurl him into a tree.
The alarms in his head went off blaring as Onix dropped to the ground in a crouch just as the other bandit’s longsword passed through the air where his head was. The clone felt his head throbbing as his perspiration started to mix with his blood from the wound on his head. Onix snapped his foot out in front of the charging bandit, catching him in shin and sending him stumbling.
Kicking out against the ground, the clone sprang up from his position, and brought his knife down to plunge into the poor sap’s head. Red paint sprayed over his armor as Onix finished off the bandit, removing his knife from the fool’s head.
“HE’S A DEMON, I SWEAR IT HE IS!!!!” yelped the one who was against the tree, even as he tried to get up from his position and run like hell away from the clone.

“A demon, am I. . .” Onix said as he slowly got up from his now dead target; he let the statement/question slide as if he wanted it to put fear into the man’s heart; it did.

“They call me ‘instant death on legs’ where I come from; and ya know what? Frankly, I’ve never lived that down yet, and I don’t intend to now.” His tone was emotionless, his voice as ice as he said those words, detached and uncaring, as if his soul was now completely devoid of emotion of any kind. As if he was a machine.
Onix raised his vibro-blade to strike, but then LiNeee’s voice came into his head again.

[color=violet:2vxz8bak][i:2vxz8bak]Onix?[/i:2vxz8bak][/color:2vxz8bak]
His emotions roared in his head as his feelings for the drowses came soaring back up from their trapped depths.
[i:2vxz8bak]LiNeee. . . ?[/i:2vxz8bak] he asked weakly, fearing the worst for her.

The man, fearing the clone as he was, didn't know what to do. Then thinking the clone had let down his guard, he lashed out, his sword diving hard for Onix's head.
The clone didn't see LiNeee, but had he, he would've noticed the horrified expression that she might obtain, if she sees him and the sword diving for the kill.

However the sword came short as a piercing shriek emanated from the sky. Onix knew that cry.
His harpy eagle companion, Valor, blazed in, talons flashing, as he dove for bandit. The man screamed out in agony as the eagle's razor talons dug into his face, shredding everything in their sharp path.

[color=red:2vxz8bak]Surprised by Lothir's attack, but not caught completely off guard, the half-elf, let the bards kick hit him trip him up, whilst he accepts the casual whack to the hands. The elf then jumps just as Lothir's trip connects with his feet, hurling himself into a back-flip, while he simultaneously locks his hand-joints, keeping his sword and shortsword in both his hands, even through the pain.

"Ahh, if only it were that simple; you see, bard; if my mother was around, I wouldn't be having this conversation with you, as she would have been able to raise me proper, versus being in group of brigands and thieves. But we can't change the past, only the present, so that is all I can do," he snaps back at Lothir.
"Kind of hard to insult [b:2vxz8bak]my[/b:2vxz8bak] when technically, we don't even exist, even among the surface elves. More like complete sub-culturally accepted half-breeds, and [b:2vxz8bak]that[/b:2vxz8bak] is being merciful compared to what I've heard myself!"

The barbarian, tough as he was, couldn't stop himself from being lifted off of his feet and careened back into a trunk of a nearby oak. Being of his heritage, though, not to mention, barbarians utter physical prowess, the orc shrugs off the impact, thinking little of it as he raises his greatsword and charges the bard and his charmed rogue.

The half-elf, seeing his comrade blazing a path towards the bard, sheaths his shortsword and pulls out a few throwing knives and sends them hurling towards the bard; his timing so that none of the flying blades would hit his barbarian companion no matter what happened. And if the bard tried to dodge them, the blades would simply return to the bandit's hand.[/color:2vxz8bak]

Onix, still in shock that LiNeee was ok, doesn't sense that he's about to be jumped by three dual-wielding bandits.

[i:2vxz8bak]You might be motivated to look to your rear,[/i:2vxz8bak] comes Valor's dry witty observations just as two arrows streak in at the same time.

[color=red:2vxz8bak]One of the shafts struck a bandit in the neck; blood fountained out and upward as Zarae's arrow struck a major artery within the bandits neck. The goon collapsed gasping for air.

The forward one skilfully, but barely dodged Zarae's second shaft, which slammed directly into other bandit to behind him, blasting him right through the skull. The bandit stumbles to the ground.[/color:2vxz8bak]

At Zarae's double kill shot, Onix raised an eyebrow.
[i:2vxz8bak]You know, you should do yourself a favor and thank her when this is all over,[/i:2vxz8bak] Valor said as he came around, his blood stained talons gleaming.
[i:2vxz8bak]But, you have company don't you?[/i:2vxz8bak]

The bandit came whirling in as Onix drew his twin katanas, while first sheathing his knife, and the two blades clanged upon the bandits weapons.

[color=red:2vxz8bak]When Luexena got to the cart, there were two bandits waiting, but not aware due to her Etheralness.[/color:2vxz8bak]
Last edited by veraka on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: :eek: Sheesh, this guy's good- okay, enough fooling around. Gonna wrap up this little dance.

IC: Slightly amazed by the half-elf's prowess, the drow never-the-less manages to spin around to come right along with the bandit once again. This time, just as he throws the knives, the bard simply drops into a roll that brings him under the orc's legs and back up behind him. A satisfying thud sounds out, telling him that at least one of the knives has found the orc instead- just as he'd planned. A howl of pain echoes across the forest, as the orc discovers not one, but two knives stuck in a shoulder and thigh.

"Really- blaming your upbringing for your current choices? Then you are a fool if you think this is all you can do. Let me tell you something about families, abbil. Mine is one of the worst you could ever hope to meet, and the tales I could tell you would chill your blood. But I chose to make something better of myself, so do not give me such pitiful excuses. You are only what you CHOOSE to be, not what your past would make of you."

With that, he slices through the back of the orc's knees, effectively hamstringing him into immobility, and with the second stroke, he knocks into the back of the orc's head with the pommel of the other sword, knocking him forward onto the ground. "Sit on him, and feel free to knock him silly again if he moves," he tells the woman, who nods and complies.

Then he makes a short dash back to the half-elf, and spits out one last spell. immediately, a rope from in the cart springs out like a flying snake to coil tightly around his arms and chest, pinning them to his sides, swords or no. Cocking his head, the drow gives him an amused look, and shakes his head in dismissal. "You know, it's a shame we had to meet like this- you could do a lot of good if you turned that talent to a more useful purpose. Tell me- how do you feel about saving children from a fate worse than your own?" He casually pushes out with one hand, knocking the half-elf down to his rear, and crouches down in front of him, swords still aimed at his chest. "It's something to think about, no?'
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena looked to the two men in hiding by the card, feeling the rush of blood. Erel'lue'ae kept singing, showing her exactly what she needed to do to stop these two. [i:3q9mxesj]So be it.[/i:3q9mxesj] Her dark lips moved as she whispered quietly before uttering a prayer to the Maiden and reaching over to touch the taller man with her fingers, shedding her [i:3q9mxesj]Sanctuary[/i:3q9mxesj]. If she succeeded, the man would have screamed in pain and fell onto the grass, barely alive as a [i:3q9mxesj]Harm[/i:3q9mxesj] spell would have drained his lifeforce almost fully. The other bandit noticed the drowess with the glowing sword appearing from the thin air and then the blade flashed like a lightning, cutting it's way through the man to pin him to the cart as if he was a giant butterfly. [i:3q9mxesj]I suggest you both surrender now.[/i:3q9mxesj] The priestess said calmly.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

'think you can get out of it that easy?' she said as she pulled out another smoke bomb. she launched it at the bandit who'd dodged the arrow.
Zarae put the bow away, it 'collapsing' easily for storage. pulling the sword pendent off the chain, she activated Stealthwhisper. falling gracefully to the ground, she was already moving twords the bandits chocking on the cloud. Coming in low, she did a leg sweep under the cover of her smoke screen. had they happen to see her, they would have missed Stealthwhisper coming in. the blade caused a shadow effect about itself and seam to disappear. it would then reappear upon striking the object.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

((OCC: Thank you so much, Aylstra! :) I can't believe I didn't see that, sorry. That happens occasionally when pressed for time, I skim, and don't read.))

IC: When Zana got done talking, she could have sworn she heard a noise. She looked up and around. "Strange..."

[i:1ntwvj05]And you say I'm paranoid,[/i:1ntwvj05] Vlad said.

"I thought I just heard something. I know I did." Zana got up and drew her bow and stuck an arrow in place. She looked at Katherin then at Vlad with a cocked eyebrow.

She slowly walked to the edge of the tunnel and pressed her back against the wall. She cautiously peered around the corner of the adjoining wall into the main tunnel. "What in the nine hells..."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: You're welcome Zana. I didn't want you two to think I'd left you out.

Z and A: As Zana looks around the corner, the hook horrors shuffle forward, each making a distinctive clacking sound with their huge hooked claws. One of the beasts turns its crimson eyes on her, and lets out a sound like a loud hissing squawk. The other two follow its gaze, and screech excitedly, as they all begin to rush forward, claws clacking madly in hunger.... (Take it away, V!)

Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Velkyn was silently traveling through the tunnels of the underdark when a distant sound reached his sensitive ears. He perked up, instantly battle ready. During the four years he spent in the underdark he learned really fast that any sound could come from something that might kill you.

Standing there, completely frozen like a stone he listened carefully. Another sound reached his ears, something of a hiss. He searched his memory methodically, trying to recall something that might help him identify the source of the sound. He came from a completely different area of the underdark, far to the east where it was more, 'civilised' he might've said but he knew it was far from it. while the area he stayed all those years ago i nthe underdark was between his own drow city, a small city filled with duergar and a large amount of sahuagin around, there were still countless things that might've killed him, but he survived.

Realising that he had no way of knowing what was there, other than seeing for himself, he silently crept through the tunnels, his elven boots not making a single sound as he stepped further, not knowing how far the source of the noise was.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

(( OOC: Sorry for the delay in my reply- my niece of 12 years has been in hospital, diagnosed with ross-river. Poor little thing, its been so hard for her. Anyway, back to the story. ))

Faintly in the back of her mind, LiNeee heard Onix reply with but her name- she sighed. He wasn't hurt afterall, though just because he could think didn't subtract that theory. LiNeee looked around until her eyes met Onix and with a drop of her jaw witnessed something that had her heart dropping into her shoe.

[color=violet:36t2yjsp][i:36t2yjsp]The man, fearing the clone as he was, didn't know what to do. Then thinking the clone had let down his guard, he lashed out, his sword diving hard for Onix's head.
The clone didn't see LiNeee, but had he, he would've noticed the horrified expression that she might obtain, if she sees him and the sword diving for the kill.

However the sword came short as a piercing shriek emanated from the sky. Onix knew that cry.
His harpy eagle companion, Valor, blazed in, talons flashing, as he dove for bandit. The man screamed out in agony as the eagle's razor talons dug into his face, shredding everything in their sharp path. [/color:36t2yjsp][/i:36t2yjsp]

A sharp intake of breath had LiNeee fumbling forwards towards the clone, it was all she could do to not run full pelt into the bandit who had gone for him- even to go to Onix himself. Anger rushed through her, not at anything or anyone but herself- why was she thinking of him in a time like this?

[i:36t2yjsp][color=darkblue:36t2yjsp]You know that, when the time comes your head will stay in the game,[/i:36t2yjsp][/color:36t2yjsp] Bella shared with her, patting the small drowess on the back and giving her a hearty smile. LiNeee smiled back and bowed her head- [i:36t2yjsp]wise words, sister. Now, shall we end this? I am getting hungry.[/i:36t2yjsp] Bella smirked as LiNeee pulled yet another dagger from her thigh, a bandit sprinted through a bush out at the cart where Leuxana was- she threw it; point smacking the male right between the eyes, dead instantly. LiNeee ran forwards and pulled the dagger free, her feet carrying her around like a lost puppy; except she knew where she was going.

[i:36t2yjsp]Onix...[/i:36t2yjsp]

LiNeee hopped, volted and then landed precisely, Phoebey at her flank as they ran. The small shifter was a solid tiger shape at that moment, white in colour- no lines at all. LiNeee gave it a wink and the four-legged beast took off in another direction.

[i:36t2yjsp]Onix, I'm here.[/i:36t2yjsp]

Through the thicket burst LiNeee, somewhere extremely close to Onix. She leapt forwards and up. Up, up and up onto the Clones' shoulders- if he didn't move. She was a small girl, much smaller than the clone that was for sure. [i:36t2yjsp]Oh Onix, your head...[/i:36t2yjsp] She was saying, her small fingers gliding across Onix's head. [i:36t2yjsp]You'll be ok, I'm sure it's only small...[/i:36t2yjsp] It was more a reassurance for herself than the clone, however, she leant down and dropped a kiss onto his forehead before catapolting up onto a near by branch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phoebey was hoping this was all over, she wasn't sure how many traitors there were left, she could only hope there wasn't [i:36t2yjsp]too[/i:36t2yjsp] many. Her joints were beginning to ache and she had fresh blood on her ivory muzzle. For a girl of her demeanor; that wasn't a pleasant thing. Sighing, she tucked herself under a fallen branch instead of jumping it- shooting out the other side like a silver bullet.

There was two archers left that she could see- than one as Bella's arrow hit one in the chest and made him crumble. Onix had already massacred the others, she really began to wonder just how big this group must have been. Springing from her hind legs she launched herself at the remaining shooter, claws sinking into soft flesh with that sweet [i:36t2yjsp]crunch.[/i:36t2yjsp] Ripping and tearing, Phoebey managed to bring her pray down easilly.

[i:36t2yjsp][color=darkred:36t2yjsp]And than there was none.[/i:36t2yjsp][/color:36t2yjsp]
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

OOC: Anyone might give me a quick recap on what the font colors mean? :P

IC: Like a shadow, Velkyn was gliding between stalagmites, always staying hidden and unheard. As he continued traveling to the directinon of the suspicious noise he began to hear it more clearly. From what he heard, it was large, if the lumbering footsteps were any indication. This sparked his memories further and he tried to remember if he encountered anything large which made much noise during his years in the underdark.

Alas, he didnt remember and the only thing he could do was sneak on further into the tunnels. After several silent moment and rather loud footstep and an even louder hissing sound came to his ears, and it came from right around the corner.

Vel froze like ice and didnt dare to move a muscle, fearing that the creature might've heard him or somehow sensed him, perhaps with smell... but instead, more noise came to his ears, more...familiar. Another sound greeted him, something akin to...clacking. His eyes widened and an image of a large creature, covered by an exoskeleton came to his mind.

[i:19yff2tz]'Bloody hell'[/i:19yff2tz] he thought [i:19yff2tz]'of all the things i decided to investigate, it had to be a hook horror.' [/i:19yff2tz]

Deciding to take the risk, he peeked around the turn and to his great horror, he almost chuckled at the irony, there was a trio of the creatures in front of him, all of them with their backs to him. Common sense dictated him to leave this place before the hook horrors noticed him, but he noticed a pair of drows sitting there and an odd beast, resembling a cat which he never seen before facing the hook horrors. Against common sense, perhaps due to his helpful nature, he simply could not leave these two rather beautiful, if not gorgeous-looking drows to the mercy of the hook horrors. Banishing the direction that line of thought was about to take him to, he considered his options.

He could simply get out, since it was not his business and these females and the cat seemed like they could take care of themselves. Every drow elf could take care of himself, it was a fact. But these were hook horrors. A distant memory of a single hook horror tearing apart half of his patrol back in Tene'grith helped him decide. Hook horrors were most resiliant against most weapons, luckily for Vel, he didnt have what was listen in the 'most weapons' list.

Silently drawing his enchanted dagger, which could heat to excruciating temperatures, and his lightning wand he took aim at the one who was closest to him.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

((OCC: Alright Vel, I think after this post we should wait for Arya to respond before we go any further with this attack. Don't wanna take all the fun :D ))

IC: Still braced against the wall, Zana continued to follow the hook horrors, lining one up in her sites. She was unsure of where best to attack, looking for a place that would puncture it's tough hide the best.

[i:jbky0yfa]Looks like we have another visitor, [/i:jbky0yfa]Vlad said to her. Th giant tiger came up to her side and crouched, font paws extended in attack position.

Zana glanced in her peripheral vision and saw a male drow coming up on their six. "This ought to be good," she whispered.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Ok, three Hook Horrors; Geee, Aylstra, give me much to work with :p ))

[color=red:1wfmwr8g]The three walking abominations had already sniffed out Vlad, Zana, and Kathryn, and had got it into their minds; [i:1wfmwr8g]food![/i:1wfmwr8g]. They then sniffed out another, forth individual, Velkyn, though, they Horrors decided, like most, if not, all of their kind, that their best chance of getting a meal outta this and live to enjoy it, would be to stick and fight as one unit.((I'm gonna wait for Arya to respond to this one before I state an attack action for the Horrors))[/color:1wfmwr8g]

Onix, noticing Phoebey and Bella make short work of the remaining archers, as well as see the bandit in front of him go down with a dagger to the skull, decided to sheath his katanas

[color=violet:1wfmwr8g][i:1wfmwr8g]Onix, I'm here.[/i:1wfmwr8g]

Through the thicket burst LiNeee, somewhere extremely close to Onix. She leapt forwards and up. Up, up and up onto the Clones' shoulders- if he didn't move.[/i]

or would've sheathed them had LiNeee not come bursting through the thicket next to him and hoped up on his shoulders.

He then felt LiNeee's soft touch upon his head, even through the pain numbing effects of his endorphins as they continued to rush in. That small fact was enough to give him a clear head and his senses back.

[i:1wfmwr8g]You'll be ok, I'm sure it's only small...[/i:1wfmwr8g] It was more a reassurance for herself than the clone, however, she lent down and dropped a kiss onto his forehead before catapulting up onto a near by branch.[/color:1wfmwr8g]

Onix looked up at LiNeee and smiled before she vanished up onto the branch she leapt up upon.

[color=red:1wfmwr8g]The two bandits stumbled as one was struck within inches of his life as he fell to the ground. The other stopped dead in his tracks as he saw Luexena's blade flash in and smacked him into the cart, his bodily fluids leaking out slowly.
"What does it matter?" he said weakly, glaring at Luexena as he said that.

"Save your stories, drow; I've heard too many as is, and lived a few myself." The half-elf growled at Lothir as he was immediately bound by the rope.
At Lothir's question, he stopped as if something in his memory was stirring; "what does it matter to you; I'm done for anyways. There's no such thing as redemption for those like me, and I know it."[/color:1wfmwr8g]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Such cynicism! And to think you are probably no older than I am. I doubt you have lived through the death of one who was both surrogate mother AND a lover, as well as the deaths of her unborn children who very well might have been one's own. Or perhaps you prefer a childhood constantly under the threat of being turned into a drider by your own mother? No? Be glad you have only 'heard stories', because to live them would drive most folk mad. Which might explain most of my family, come to think of it...."

He shrugs, cocking his head with a furrowed brow at the bandit. "Done for? You give up on life so easily? There is ALWAYS a chance for redemption, abbil. One only has to choose it. This is the promise of the Maiden, the Lady Moondancer. You know of her, do you not? She may be patron of those 'dhaeraow' as you call us who seek to rejoin the world above in peace, but she welcomes ALL who seek her guidance and love. Perhaps you would do well to seek her out. As it happens, we have a priestess among us who would be happy to give you her message, and teach you of her faith. You are not lost unless you CHOOSE to be, brother. What would you do if I decide to let you go, as a sign of good faith?"

He slowly puts aside the sabers, and glances over at the woman. "Is he napping well? I do not envy him the headache he will have when he wakes up, but perhaps he will be less inclined to try to take my head off then."

"Don't count on it," replies the female bandit with a smirk. He just chuckles and shrugs again.