"Come Little Children..."

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He cocks his head, nodding occasionally at Onix's replies, and finally looks off into the trees with a distant expression. "Hmm, I didn't mean that you should be alone, Onix. A ranger doesn't have to lead a completely solitary life. It's just that they spend a lot of time scouting or hunting in open wilderness- like a border guard, if you will. Keeping the peace by apprehendin- or slaying, if it comes to that- bandits, orc raiders, dangerous beasts- that sort of thing. Like a scout, civil Watch, and game hunter all in one. Some of them do live alone, but others have families. Some rangers fight as much to keep their families safe in untamed lands as they do for anything else. They-"

He pauses, as if looking for the righ words. "They protect the areas under their domain so that folk who can't fight for themselves have a chance to live in peace. That's why I thought you'd be good at it. It's sort of what you do already, isn't it?" He shrugs, and grins.

"To answer your question, yes, I'm quite sure I'm all there upstairs. It's my sister who's the crazy one. Trust me, you wouldn't want to meet her. She's the sort of woman who likes to, uh, break her toys, if you know what I mean. I've only ever known one individual she DIDN'T do that to- and HE was a very nasty and large red dragon. Don't ask- it's probably something best left alone." He shudders, and makes a disgusted face. " Not that I have anything against dragons- given my choice of consort- but the reds are known for- questionable- tastes, themselves. "

When Onix mentions the person with the prejudice, he frowns, and gives him a puzzled look, wincing slightly at the increased volume of he music. "Zarae, if that keeps up, I just MIGHT put the poor thing out of it's misery." He mutters, then replies to Onix. "Why was he in a group of elves and half-bloods, then, if he hated them? Why would he have something against your appearance? And what do you mean 'almost all of them'? There was someone who knew me there? Who?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee was listening as each male told each other the stories; both she was rather intrigued for. However when Onix made his small remark and stole a glance towards her; the drowess let her jaw fall in somewhat of an amused look. Right then she wanted to fall into that clone's arms and hold him as tight as she could.

[color=darkblue:1cmq8za5][i:1cmq8za5] Don't even think about it, remember what I said LiNeee.[/color:1cmq8za5][/i:1cmq8za5] Came the intrusive voice of Bella, LiNeee shrugged it off and flashed a wide grin at Onix; pressuming he was talking about her when he commented on missing someone- somehow she had heard it, she found herself sending a simple thought to him- [i:1cmq8za5]I would miss you too, Onix.[/i:1cmq8za5]

[color=darkblue:1cmq8za5][i:1cmq8za5]You will never learn![/color:1cmq8za5][/i:1cmq8za5] Hissed Bella angrilly, causing LiNeee to look towards the Elven girl with narrowed eyes. [i:1cmq8za5]Calm.[/i:1cmq8za5] She thought to herself. Though one glance to Onix and she didn't think twice of Bella.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

As the group made their way along, Onix turned to Lothir and cocked a brow; "[b:1dnx39yn]consort[/b:1dnx39yn]? Lothir, for the sake of everything that is good and right, that gal Vala, birthed your own children. Is she not, your spouse for life?" the clone asked, completely befuddled by the bards words.

Turning about to look at the fellow, Thalion, and had to nod an agreement; "Lothir, you're right. Now I'm tempted to play something from my armor's memory banks. At least not until I get myself a proper muscian and one that'll play tunes that, to my ears are, at least, soft." Onix finished the statement chuckling.

"As to the bastard whom I have to basically had his ass handed to him, I've no idea why he was traveling with them. Though, mind you, by the time I was finished with him, he basically was in no position to refuse their assistance, lest his wounds leave him. . . in uncomfortable danger. As to why he had a problem with my appearance; well let's see, I am a cross-breed who got the best of both worlds, have weapons up the yin-yang on my person, and, not to mention, I am full head and a half taller than the idiot who decided to confront me. Oh and the fellow who knew you among those folks; why that would be the big shiny fellow back at the Inn, Veraka."

Right then, Onix picked up a voice within his thoughts.
[color=indigo:1dnx39yn][i:1dnx39yn]I would miss you too, Onix.[/i:1dnx39yn][/color:1dnx39yn]

[i:1dnx39yn]Wha.. the; LiNeee?[/i:1dnx39yn] Onix wandered to himself as he looked over towards the drowess. Upon seeing her smiling face, brought a calming, yet energizing feeling to the clone. Onix mentally scolded himself for letting his mind wander, but at the same time, couldn't help but be curious. Could there be a possibility for him and LiNeee. He smiled as his mind told him [b:1dnx39yn]not[/b:1dnx39yn] to dismiss the possibility.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"It was him?!" he asks, suddenly grinning. "Ah, I see my reputation precedes me. I really MUST do something about that, or I'll have every female in Menzoberranzan trying to rip off my clothes and tie me down..." He snickers, clearly joking, a devilishly charming look on his face, with just a hint of mischief. on hearing what Onix did to the stranger, he grins. "Remind me never to get on your bad side, friend."

He sobers quickly, however. "Seriously, though, the thing is- we haven't exactly formalized things yet, and with one thing and another, we've decided to take this slowly for now. The truth is, we hadn't even been together for more than a few months when we got separated- meaning, I got stranded here- and when I finally found someone willing and able to bring them both across, there were, uh, a couple of small developments that came as a pretty big shock. This after an absence of nearly two years, so for now, we are still just trying to pick up where we left off."

He sighs, wincing from the continued sound of the odd instrument, and shrugs. "Don't get me wrong- I do care for her more than anything- it's just... I wasn't ready for any of this to happen, and now, well, it's a little overwhelming all at once. And Sir Flame-head trying to force the issue isn't helping, either. And just so you know, I wasn't being disrespectful by referring to her as a consort. I guess I should warn you that besides being imperiously stuck-up, most drow women can have any male they want for their, uh- consorts. There really IS no word for spouse, because monogamy is an almost foreign concept. The women there keep a mate as long as he pleases them, and then choose a new one when they get bored with him. Consort is the closest thing there is to a spouse- at least with most of our people. I'm not saying I feel that way, but sometimes I still use the familiar terms, because it's what I'm comfortable with. Whether she wishes to be more than that is up to her, really- but I'm still sort of working up to asking." He looks slightly embarrassed by the admission, and one might almost think he is blushing, if it could be seen on his obsidian-hued skin.

He gives Onix a look of utter disbelief, then reaches down under the seat, and pulls out his lute. "A proper musician? You're kidding, right? Aren't you forgetting something?" he says, smirking meaningfully, before he breaks into a low chuckle. "Hells, I'd love to try my hand at some of that stuff I heard on your ship. Never heard anything like it!" He turns back to regard LiNeee for a moment, then back to Onix, with a look that says he has a pretty good idea of what is brewing between the two.

After a brief nod to Zarae, he grins. "Perhaps it's just as well, Zarae. Even thought I thought i would never see her again, there was a part of me that still missed her." He glances back to the elf, and finally gives him a mocking severe look. "Are you playing that thing, or killing it?! I'd swear it was a dying cat back there- put the poor thing out of its misery, already!!"
Last edited by Aylstra Illianniis on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue listening to the conversation finished rifling thru things for the moment. the tone change from the bard caught her attention the most.
"judging form our time together, and knowing you...you will be great. I can see her wanting to. i mean if i hadnt..." she paused not continuing that sentence.
the rogue hadnt explained why she just left one day, surly didnt expect to run into old friends again. and he hadnt asked.
"assuming she's not easily jealous."
the last part a light jest that she was known for, especially in serious conversations. the sound of the strange instrument continued, and all she could do was shrug it off, tho she was seriously tempted to throw a dagger at it and see if it would pop.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee's face went rather blank as she noticed the look on Onix's face- [i:1ku7e6i4]oh no there's something on my face...[/i:1ku7e6i4] She thought to herself, shying away from him- before she remembered what she had thought. She was about to ask him if he had heard her when she caught something Lothir said;

[i:1ku7e6i4][color=violet:1ku7e6i4]"It was him?!" he asks, suddenly grinning. "Ah, I see my reputation precedes me. I really MUST do something about that, or I'll have every female in Menzoberranzan trying to rip off my clothes and tie me down..." He snickered.[/i:1ku7e6i4][/color:1ku7e6i4]

LiNeee began to laugh histerically; tripping on a protruding root she stumbled forwards with a large grin- [i:1ku7e6i4]"oh, Lothir. I didn't know you were a comedian!"[/i:1ku7e6i4] She says quietly through almost crying; her hand over her mouth to muffle the laughter. Bella looked down at her and narrowed her eyes; simply shaking her head- [i:1ku7e6i4][color=darkblue:1ku7e6i4]the girls gone crazy...[/i:1ku7e6i4][/color:1ku7e6i4] She thought, looking over to Phoebey who was grinning widely.

Lothir went on talking and LiNeee fell into silence; as to not be rude. Though her thoughts wandered on what she had been thinking in the first place- [i:1ku7e6i4]what if Onix had really heard me?[/i:1ku7e6i4] Only one way to find out;

[i:1ku7e6i4]Onix, can you hear me?[/i:1ku7e6i4] She questioned, wondering if somehow- a telepathic link had opened between them...
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

A set of covers atop the wagon would begin to stir as various people talked about. Suddenly, a familiar voice would ring out from it, that being of Kalannar who until now had chosen to remain hidden as he tried to catch a few winks of well deserved rest. [i:x5odlatn]Blas' i'. All o' ya pipe dow'. Some o' us be tryin' t' sleep![/i:x5odlatn] He shouted before taking a flask from his side and attempted to down the contents only to find it bone dry. [i:x5odlatn]Bloody wonde'ful.[/i:x5odlatn] He muttered to himself and then tossed the blankets off of his head and glanced around the filled wagon to take a look at everyone who decided to come along. [i:x5odlatn] So, wha' be everyone's role's agai'? [/i:x5odlatn]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena accepted Lothir's invitation and took her seat in the cart, unwilling to admit even to herself how tired she was - so indeed, used first several dosen of minutes to just catch a breather, listening to the conversations and the pipes played. Her eyes remained closed and only a faint flutter of those long lashes was betraying the young woman was not in her reverie. The adamantine breastplate beneath the solid chainshirt was a weight she'd gotten used to and felt comfortable with, feeling herself somewhat more protected. Her gloved hands now rested in her lap and the drowess' posture appeared to be fully relaxed.

In the back of her mind she sensed the presence of Erel'lua'ae, it was pleasant, warm to know it was there with her. The half-sea elf's shout, however, made her flinch and open her eyes. The lavender orbs drank in the environment quickly before the priestess stretched a bit, the movement caused her chainshirt rattle quietly. [i:2doj3sca]Don't tempt me to cast Silence, dear Kalannar. [/i:2doj3sca]She murmured with a smile.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"A comedian, a musician, a dancer, a scholar, a gentleman- I am MANY things, milady. You seem surprised- what did you expect?" He gives LiNeee a sliht bow, and then adds jokingly, "I've also been told I'm a superb lover." The look on his face, however, suggests that it might not be a such joke after all....

Hearing Luaxena speak lightly to Kalannar, the bard grins. "Oh, WOULD you?" he asks hopefully, chuckling. He glances back at the elf looking for something to drink, and shakes his head. "If you're looking for the potables, your precious cask is right there- the big one up front. Thirsty already, are you?" He smirks.

The group marches on- through a thick, tangled forest, with the trail just barely wide enough for the wagon to pass. The pony plods along quietly, ears pricked at each person's voice, and snorts once or twice, while birds sing and a few crickets cirp in the bushes. A few late spring flowers are still blooming, but the air has the oppressive feel of summer heat.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix listens to Lothir's remaining tale and conversation, then overhears Zarae's comment. All of a sudden, Onix forms a huge grin on his face.
"Lothir, you're still working up the courage to ask Vala to marry you, and yet she's already bore your own children, plus you [b:9c3bygb9]forgot[/b:9c3bygb9] to mention your oh-so-little inconveniently placed, perfectly-timed smooch that you gave Zarae back on my ship. Don't know how Vala would react to that, especially if you're still working up to asking her. Debacles, Debacles, gotta love 'em." The clone was grinning at the bard as he said this.

[quote="Lothir":9c3bygb9]"Remind me never to get on your bad side, friend."[/quote:9c3bygb9]

"That's good, my bardic friend. For I now have one weapon of memory to tell to Vala, and if that doesn't work, her brother," he said in a joking tone, but the half-smirk on his face suggested that he was just trying to actually be a joker.

However, as Onix continued to listen to Lothir, along with Kalannar's intrusion, followed by Luexena's friendly reprimand towards the pirate, the clone heard a voice within his mind.

[color=indigo:9c3bygb9][i:9c3bygb9]Onix, can you hear me?[/i:9c3bygb9][/color:9c3bygb9]

Onix recognized the voice as feminine; glancing around, his eyes locked onto LiNeee.
[i:9c3bygb9]This'll be interesting,[/i:9c3bygb9] he thought to himself, not sure how or why he had heard her voice in his mind.
[i:9c3bygb9]LiNeee; was that you?[/i:9c3bygb9] he thought outward, wandering if his mind was playing tricks on him.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"I didn't forget," he counters easily. "I just don't think that's something that she needs to hear about. After all, at the time, I thought I'd never see her again. I was trying to get on with my life. It was pure blind luck that I finally ran into someone later who could actually help me find them again. Across two worlds, no less." He shrugs. "The last time I saw them before we were separated, we were fighting for our lives against a small horde of orcs in wodded hills. When I ended up here, I didn't even know if they were still alive. I'd been here for several months by the time I met you and Zarae."

He lets out a short laugh, as if remembering something. "We've only been back together again for a couple of months now. There's a lot to try to catch up on before we decide anything that serious. For one thing, I wasn't even thinking about kids when we- well, before I got myself lost on this world." Then he turns to Onix with a slow, wicked grin. "Besides, What makes you think that kissing a lass is the ONLY thing I've done since I got here? I could tell you a tale or two that would curl your hair..." He snickers again, leaving the clone in the dark. "And It's not the courage I've been wroking up to- it's when and how to do it. I just don't want to mess things up with her. For that matter, I still have doubts if it will even work out- for all that we've been through together, we still don't even know each other very well. THAT sort of got lost when I did!"

The leaves of the trees rustle in a light breeze, but the woods are otherwise quiet, The party continues, now deep into the forest, still winding north toward the rocky hills. a little later, even the wind grows still.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae scooted to allow room for Luex, tho the rogue didnt take up all that much space to begin with.
quick to speak up, "um, we might not need to hear this hair-curling storied at the moment."
to the sea elf on the roof canvas, "we'll likely discuss plans before getting to far down."
as the terrain shifted, and the wind stilled, the rogue focused on the suuroundings, preparing for whatever was coming.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looks at the bard with a lop-sided smirk; "and here I thought you were a decent fellow for all your talk of being a ladies man, I. . . . " Onix's voice trailed off as his brain started screaming at him. Looking around the forest, he kept on thinking that everything was fine, but something didn't feel right. Apparently Zarae had him alredy beat for she too was alert.

"Lothir, stop the cart," he said to the bard, reverting back to the squad leader that the bard had fought alongside with a while ago, the leader of Theta squad. Turning to Zarae, he said "Zar, do you have a ranged weapon? If so, get it out." Onix's tone had switched from jokester to commanding, but like that of a battle-field commander.

Glancing to Krom, their minotuar barbarian, he inclined his head towards the bull; "I hope your that axe of yours is sharp, friend," he said towards the bull, as he jumped down from the cart and drew one of his combat knives from his shoulder. His massive, armored frame dug into the ground as he walked to the front of the cart, past the pony. Hearing barely a scrapping of a noise, the clone froze.

Looking down, he saw the front of his boot was dipping forward into the ground oh-so barely. Breathing in and holding his breath, he pulled his foot back from the area it was in, only to find a net of sorts, well constructed to be sure, underneath the soil.
Onix then turned his head, looking into the forest on the groups side, staring into it with his glowing crimson eyes.

Without even looking back, Onix said in a low, barely audible voice; "Zarae, search the area's to my left for anything, and I mean [b:9l8oxf0w]anything[/b:9l8oxf0w]."

If and when the drowess did as Onix had said, she might stumble across more than one surprise.

((OOC: Ok anyone with a good 'Detect Trap' skill here, go ahead and post it and it's strength , and I'll tell ya if you found something.))
Last edited by veraka on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the rogue was able to pull Gift of the Solar, yet the bow looked broken. it took only a few seconds to assemble it, wooden arms in place upon the mixed metal sight window, and have it strung (think recurve bow). the quiver slid onto her belt, and she quickly knocked an arrow. she then hopped down and was no longer seen (hide in plain sight). moving twords the left she began searching, keen eyes trained to spot the littlest and most often missed things. her step was light, leaving no sound, no mark she's been there.

((um... DC?))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"I suppose that depends on one's definition of decent," the bard replies. "There was a lovely half-vamp lady I met at Candlekeep, who...." He realizes that Onix has noticed something amiss, and suddenly freezes, halting the pony in its tracks. He takes note of the clone's commanding tone, and swiftly sets down the reins, slipping the twin daggers from his boots as he silently drops down to the ground, watching Onix closely.

<What is it?> He signs to Zarae, catching her eye for a moment. He signs to Luaxena to get ready, then frowns briefly as if sensing something strange. He pulls the silver pendant from inside his tunic, and sees that it is glowing with a soft silver-white light.

"Friendss, unless one of us is not what he or she appears to be, we have company..." he says quietly, almost whispering the words to the rest.