Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:2hjlvj2o]((umm... thanks, folks, for waiting for my post. not. >.> was busy rl, heh.[/i:2hjlvj2o][/size:2hjlvj2o]

The first dance was over, ending quickly as it was. She pulled the blade out of the ground, slipping it into the sheath for now, watching LiNeee go with a smile, then eyed Lothir for a moment. [i:2hjlvj2o]If you like. But expect me to order you around lots, Lothir.[/i:2hjlvj2o] Her dark lips curled in a light, teasing smile, the row of her pearly white teeth glimpsed between them, then she chuckled. [i:2hjlvj2o]Why depriving him of the sight? I do not mind him watching. Besides... it is a communion time.[/i:2hjlvj2o] The lithe drowess turned and made her way to the side even more, to a semi-private shadowy spot. There Luexena slipped in the bushes and tugged her stained shirt off, shedding it simply and casting aside, onto the grass. Then her fingers worked on her belt nimbly, unbuckling it, her somewhat baggy pants slid to her ankles, pooling around them. The drowess tiptoed and stepped out of her pants, kicking them to the side as well with her bare foot. Standing skyclad, Luexena glanced over her shoulder and grinned, her long locks concealing her bare frame. Quickly she took out a loose dress of white spidersilk, putting it on, the long skirt with hiphigh cuts on the sides, leaving her legs bare, and the top of two straps crossing her chest and held together with a single clap on the back of her neck, keeping her back exposed as well.

The priestess approached the spotlight and straightened then, tiptoeing slightly which made her shins tighten, her dainty hands holding the sheathed blade almost reverently. Her palm found the hilt of the blade and she drew it - swoosh - in a single swift motion, sending the sheath to her clothes on the grass. Again the heavenly music filled the air but this time it was far more intimate, far more emotional, as if Luexena herself was singing to the Goddess through the sword. Her eyes closed as she stood motionlessly for a moment before taking a single step into the moonlight, freezing again, surrounded by this soft light which made her hair shimmer like liquid silver.

Oh yes... she was at ease now... comfortable... It was her domain, this was where she belonged. In the moonlight, half-naked, and with a sword in her hands. The troubles burdening her and her weariness seemed non-existent right now, there was only the velvety embrace of the night, her blade, the moonlight and her dance, her Goddess - and someone else, watching her from the place very far, nothing else. The young woman brought her blade in a sweeping arc, saluting to the sky, then began moving along with the song of the sword, singing along in perfect harmony.

[i:2hjlvj2o]Eilistraee...[/i:2hjlvj2o] Her lilting voice was flowing across the glade beautifully, echoing from the lake's surface. The long shining tresses were sent flying as she turned around swiftly, slashing through the air, cutting the twilight with her blade, continuing her worship ceremony. [i:2hjlvj2o]Dumo nindol velve![/i:2hjlvj2o] The sword was thrust into the sky and it's razor sharp edges suddenly began to glitter as if the weapon absorbed enough moonlight to be able to emit its own (spell Moonblade)[/size:2hjlvj2o]. Those slanted lavender eyes of the priestess locked upon Erel'lua'ae and she beamed, bringing it in another sweeping arc, leaving a glowing trace like a scar across the darkness. [i:2hjlvj2o]Mrigg ussta athiyk![/i:2hjlvj2o] Luexena twirled then, allowing the light-imbued weapon draw a full luminescent circle around her, the white silk swirled around her bare legs. Those near her, and even LiNeee with Onyx as they moved away felt a rush of warm sensation of hope, of pleasant assurance that everything was going to be just fine (spell Emotion: Hope)[/size:2hjlvj2o].

She spun again then, her little feet kissing the sand lightly as the young woman was bathed in the moonlight and surrounded with the swirls of white silk and her shimmering tresses. She was one soul with her sword, linked to it, bound to it, the connection between the two was impeccable - it felt like a continuation of her arm, her own limb. Smiling, the drowess chucked it up into the sky. Erel'lua'ae sparkled, swirling, then as the gravity pulled it back sharp point first, she caught the weapon with her palms by the flat of blade, not letting it touch the ground. [i:2hjlvj2o]Drathir an'ar! Sundu xuil uns'aa![/i:2hjlvj2o] She laughed then, her laughter rang like a tiny crystal bell. That was different Luexena... Real one... so confident... so -free-...

She made a pirouette again, the long strands of silver swishing across her back, wrapping around her thin body in the wake of her movement. Her dusky skin glistened slightly with the thinnest sheen of sweat as she finally stopped, lifting her blade toward the sky. Her slender shoulders and chest were heaving slightly as the priestess was drawing deeper breaths, excited, thrilled by her communion with the Goddess, then she inclined her head, respectfully. After a moment she turned and walked to her clothes, picking up the sheath and slid the still glowing sword in, tentatively, ending it's song. [i:2hjlvj2o]You were saying?[/i:2hjlvj2o] The drowess addressed Lothir then with a smile, her voice was still slightly husky as she shouldered Erel'lua'ae and picked up her clothes, dusting them off only to tuck them into a little magical satchel on her belt.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Also near the inn, and sometime hence already outside, Krom, once lost in his thoughts, is drawn from his world of past, present, and future colliding into a labyrinth he has yet to learn to navigate, to consider the hissing and laughing pair, certainly he can't begin to guess what they're on about, but holds a stoic if curious, and questioning stare upon both girls for quite some time, muttering in the goblinoid dialect of gnolls, [color=brown:614gu62l]"Children... wonder if I'm even fit to raise any."[/color:614gu62l]
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Grinning as Luaxena comments about denying Kalannar his "view", the bard chuckles and nods to her. He watches her move off to change, politely moving away to a short distance, then tugging off his own cloak, tunic and jerkin, and joins her once again, wielding his own exquisite sabers. He closes his eyes ans les the slow, beautiful movement take him, Never once coming close to cutting her or anything else, in spite of his eyes being closed.

When they have finished once more, he inclines his head to her, and smirks and shakes his head st her quip. "Well, I THINK he was hoping it was a nude dance- but that's just a guess.And I don't mind taking orders from you at all." He chuckles. Then he shifts the sabers down to their dagger shape, and tucks them into his boots. He heads off for a short time, down to the nearest village, to make arrangements for the journey.

When he comes back a while later, he is leading a pair of ponies with heavily-laden packs on their backs, and a small cart behind them loaded with supplies, including one very large cask.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

Bella, only young for a drow but never the less a woman, heard the rambling chap as he stood near them. Long since had her laughing become mute and she found her eyes narrowing; [i:qskxa2oh][color=darkblue:qskxa2oh]"who are you calling children?"[/i:qskxa2oh][/color:qskxa2oh]She demanded, now a mirror image of Phoebey as she propped hands on her hips. Phoebey turned to the bard and grimaced, she remembered the last time Bella was called a child, it was like a rabbid rabbit being called cute, or a short person being called tall. She chuckled at that and turned to the cart, fixing herself with a job that had already been done on several occasions, however; tonight was different.
Bella threw a sharp look in Phoebey's direction before a film of warmth and hope seemed to cover her eyes, she frowned and shrugged off the mans comment for a drunk bard with no one or nothing else to do. Instead; she turned to Phoebey and strode towards her, [i:qskxa2oh][color=darkblue:qskxa2oh]"lu'oh kke fol lodias ph', llaar,"[/i:qskxa2oh][/color:qskxa2oh] she told the girl with a small whip of her ivory hair, it seemed to poke out from under the crimson cloak she had clad herself in. Phoebey on the other hand looked more Elf than Drow, with long blond lots and pointed, almost sharp looking ears; blue eyes and under all that a pair of navy overalls, she looked like a child on a mission; which was exactly what the girl was. Bella snorted a compliment as Phoebey gave her a large grin, [i:qskxa2oh][color=darkred:qskxa2oh]"you take things to heart so easilly, just shrug it off, dismiss it. We have more crucial things to think about; such as this."[/i:qskxa2oh][/color:qskxa2oh] Phoebey held up a large harness, a rope attached that tied to the front of the old cart; and on it, a saddle with golden script, indented in. Bella nodded, her lips puzzling into a straight line; [i:qskxa2oh][color=darkblue:qskxa2oh]"that would fit me, but you are much smaller...."[/i:qskxa2oh][/color:qskxa2oh] At that moment her words cut off as something russled rather largely behind them, a tree was hit by something, the impact making the branches scrape the trees nearest to them with such noise birds took flight.

Phoebey gasped and Bella took a step forwards, hiding the younger from whatever was to come; after a moments time however, a figure lunged from the bush...And landed in a large lump on the floor before them; LiNeee...

[i:qskxa2oh][color=darkblue:qskxa2oh]"Oh my! LiNeee are you ok?!"[/i:qskxa2oh][/color:qskxa2oh] Bella shouted, racing forwards with about as much thought as a grown lamb and picking LiNeee up from the floor, at first she thought the girl was sobbing, her heart going out, obviously things didn't go so well with Onix, she thought immediately.. Though a closer look exclaimed that instead of sobbing, LiNeee was actually...Laughing. And hard at that. Phoebey tilted her head, a little worried, [i:qskxa2oh][color=darkred:qskxa2oh]"She's gone mad, we're all done for."[/i:qskxa2oh][/color:qskxa2oh] Sarcastic and rather dramatic, Phoebey flailed her arms and grinned, LiNeee and Bella only seemed to laugh with her.

[i:qskxa2oh][b:qskxa2oh]Five minutes later:[/i:qskxa2oh][/b:qskxa2oh]

[i:qskxa2oh][color=darkred:qskxa2oh]"You kissed him!"[/i:qskxa2oh][/color:qskxa2oh] Phoebey declared, [i:qskxa2oh][color=darkblue:qskxa2oh]"And he kissed you?"[/i:qskxa2oh][/color:qskxa2oh] Bella inquired. LiNeee nodded and gave them both a shy grin, [i:qskxa2oh]"as much as I want to tell you both all about it, I really want to impress them, show them that I can be worth something after all, ya know?"[/i:qskxa2oh] She was up and heading for the stables, [i:qskxa2oh]"I hope my pack is still in there, if not I will be rather uncomfortable..."[/i:qskxa2oh] Bella and Phoebey were up and following after her, both girls giggling and commenting on the next [i:qskxa2oh]love birds.[/i:qskxa2oh] LiNeee tried her hardest to ignore everything that came out of their mouths.
[i:qskxa2oh]"Yes, it's here still. Thank the Goddess."[/i:qskxa2oh] LiNeee scooped up a leather pack and placed it in a troph, unbuttoning it and soon was rifling through it, Bella and Phoebey leaning on the stable door behind her just chattering about love and unintentional things.

[color=darkred:qskxa2oh][i:qskxa2oh]"It's juast [b:qskxa2oh]so[/b:qskxa2oh] romantic...[/i:qskxa2oh][/color:qskxa2oh] Cried Phoebey as LiNeee shut both the stable doors and begun to get dressed, [i:qskxa2oh][color=darkred:qskxa2oh]"I mean, what a fabulous first kiss.. The lake, and the starlight-"[/color:qskxa2oh][/i:qskxa2oh][i:qskxa2oh] "Please don't make me regret telling you,"[/i:qskxa2oh] LiNeee cut in, giving a heavy sigh as she unbuckled each dagger she had strapped to her upper thighs, [i:qskxa2oh]"we have other things to worry about, so both of you go make yourselves useful! Go down and ask Lothir what you can do..."[/i:qskxa2oh] No response... [i:qskxa2oh]"NOW!"[/i:qskxa2oh] Finally some rustling and she heard them leave, both still going on about love. LiNeee sighed and slid off the tunic like dress she had been wearing under the cloak, her naked body feeling hot and sticky in the moist and muggie barn. [i:qskxa2oh]"So, I have no shoes...."[/i:qskxa2oh] She whispered a little disgruntlingly, her eyebrows coming together in confusion. In her bag, she rummaged through each outfit she had shoved in there, it was all she had, and it certainly wasn't much.

Bella and Phoebey strode through the clearing where Lothir, Leuxana and now Onix were standing, [color=darkblue:qskxa2oh][i:qskxa2oh]"hey, LiNeee sent us down. Is there anything we can do to get everything underway? We found an old cart up there, and both Phoebey and I will be transforming into mare's for the trip."[/i:qskxa2oh][/color:qskxa2oh] Bella said to Lothir, a firm question as the Drowess held her chin high, Phoebey stayed tucked behind her left shoulder.

[i:qskxa2oh]"Ok. I look terrible..."[/i:qskxa2oh] LiNeee told herself as she pulled the last strap up over her shoulder. She was clad in a long white [url=http://joechip.net/liana/uploads/swing- ... g:qskxa2oh]dress[/url:qskxa2oh], hugging tightly at her slim waist and rounded breasts, as she looked down, all she saw was the ebony and ivory combination, making it seem so difficult for her to feel accepted. It was so obvious when she wore such things. Shaking her head she looked down to her bear toes; of course they weren't visible underneath the dress that touched the floor. She shrugged and lifted up one side of her dress to the thigh, strapping on her onix coloured dagger tightly, than the other side. They were her only weapons that she could wear upon her attire, the rest would be on Bella, for that was who she would be riding.

LiNeee walked over to the barn door and opened it, taking the pack from the troph and her black [url=http://buccaneersbooty.com/wp-content/u ... g:qskxa2oh]cloak[/url:qskxa2oh] from the bars, before walking out. She hoped that Bella and Phoebey had returned, but it was evident they hadn't when she made it out into the clearing. She sighed and slunger her cloak over her, tightening the marble clip at the front tightly and bringing it around herself to conceal the dress, it seemed so petty.

There, she waited.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

(in room)

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the silvery rays filtered into the darkness of the room. instead of candles, there was a bit of green faerie fire on the candle stick to add to the glow. on the desk sat her belt and blades atop of her boots and folded piwafwi. a simple trap on the door would be warning enough should anyone try an attempt on her life.
the small alcove on the window made a perfect balcony for her. the rogue sat in the window, back against the wall, knees curled up near her chest. the had sat there for a while watching the moon, feeling the warmth. so many hidden thoughts filled her mind troubling her. she rested her chin on her knees questioning the logical of herself joining such a mission. the internal struggle of survival and possible risk she posed to them, and and the lives of those in the darkness often created a small dichotomy in her. the last time they had gotten lucky- barely. but not without cost (assume something happened in Clone that onix, lothir and the others of that group nearly got killed that she still blames herself for)[/size:gdpf54r1]. and if they remembered, then they would and should ask her not to come. joining the group would create more dangers than they would know. and she did not want to be the cause of more innocent blood shed. for that was why she hadnt really gotten close to people, why she remained alone. a soft sign left her dark lips a partially gloved hand to the sword pendent on the mithril chain around her neck.
the words rang so loud in her mind; words spoken before her birth:
[i:gdpf54r1]With the blessings of the Spider you will serve.
I bless you with these gifts I leave.
Light that blinds the eyes will no more.
My message shall you carry therefore.
Aware you shall be of all near.
For I hold you in claws so dear.
But should you turn,
forever their will be a yearn.
a path of death and blood never cease.
never to find rest or peace[/i:gdpf54r1]”

as she sat their overlooking the garden and the lake in the distance, indigo (at the moment) orbs saw the others below. she caught bits of the conversation. she did long to join in the dance and song to the Lady. but she remained in her spot and just watched selune.

((she's set up to leave when yall are ready. possible be able to be seen in the window, the red streaked hair kinda gives her away easy.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

And there she would find, the now curious Krom, the thoughts on his mind, giving him much to consider, and though coming upon the drow woman with such admirable features, jealousy and lust nagged at him from his upbringing in his tribe, but he pushed these down, even so the interest and desire show in his eyes, as does the recognition and unhappy acceptance that she already favors another.

With a grunt and nod, he gives his initial,and more common greeting, then, [color=brown:29iljb6w]"I see you prepare for the road, and battle perhaps? It would be a shame to soil such fine clothes though."[/color:29iljb6w] And so he takes from his belt, the sack containing his most recent bounty, and pours a hand-full, that'd be two hands-full for her, of silver coins into his hand, then presses them toward her, [color=brown:29iljb6w]"You should be better equipped."[/color:29iljb6w]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar just shook his head at the first dance the three performed. He could have joined them, sure. But he wasn't the "Dance-in-moonlight" type. He wasn't a bard, and couldn't exactly feel the music in the air, so he'd only have gotten up to join them if someone had been playing. Though, even still, it might not have gone well. They had their own type, while he.. Well.. The dancing he grew up with was different to say the least. More chaotic, and... Liable to end in a fight under the right circumstances, which was well and good, he enjoyed fighting probably just a bit more than he liked dancing, though neither could come close to his enjoyment of the water. He had hoped to find more of his fathers kind on his way north, but hadn't really. It was something he wanted to rectify at some point or another.

When Luexana returned in the silken garb, his eyes would become wide as saucers again at the sight. She was magnicent, he thought, or at least reinforced. He knew that much at least, from the times he managed to drag ehr into the water near the Badger those times she was strategically sitting at it's edge in something white. White on black doesn't leave much not visible after it's been crenched, and he definitely had afforded himself quite a good view when he had the chance during those times. The dance he felt was different than before, and she seemed more the person he had first met, not what she had suddenly become. Something he still wished to recitfy at some point. Still, for now he laid at the edge, enjoying the performance, a smile on his face. That, was at least until Lothir made his comment which made the half drow balk. [i:3g872hga]Swor' swallowin'!? Ya som' kin' of nutter!? I ain't be downin' no blades dow' m' throat! Ya migh' 'ave plenty of practices wit' them 'alf orcs lads ya be sleepin' with but this gentlemen ain't doin' nothin' of the sor'![/i:3g872hga]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Edited my last post on previous page to respond to Kalannar. His answer is on page 8.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena blinked at Kalannar's words, not getting the clue at first, then coughed, feeling her cheeks began to burn. She shot a glare at the half-drow, holding back a chuckle. [i:838bz7q4]Get out of the water, friend, We need to start getting ready for the journey, -if- you're coming along with us, of course. You have a dire task. You have to wake Delrum up.[/i:838bz7q4]

Then the priestess turned to look to the two shifters, her expression becoming polite and neutral again as if she put a mask onto her face once more, hiding that other, real Luexena beneath. Her lavender eyes studied Phoebey for a moment, then she looked to Bella. [i:838bz7q4]So you're the mare the Lady allowed me to bring back? I do have a question then. How come you allowed the child to do such to you? Why didn't you shift back to take care of your own wounds? Did not shift back to stop the kid?[/i:838bz7q4] Her voice was soft however, even if the questions were rather direct, the young woman sought to understand what happened and why.

((Kalannar, you're killing me! lol <3[/size:838bz7q4]
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee looked down the hill to where she had just glimpsed the dance of Leuxana, she hoped one day that the girl and herself would be close, like sisters. That is what the maiden called her right? [i:26elifa2]sister.[/i:26elifa2] She turned away from the lake and gasped, everything in her hands she fumbled with before it went clattering to the ground, infront of her stood a bard;[i:26elifa2][color=indigo:26elifa2]"I see you prepare for the road, and battle perhaps? It would be a shame to soil such fine clothes though."[/color:26elifa2][/i:26elifa2] He said, withdrawing a large wad of a coins and incling them to LiNeee[i:26elifa2][color=indigo:26elifa2] "You should be better equipped."[/i:26elifa2][/color:26elifa2] LiNeee tried to focus on what exactly he had said; trying to understand, than she got it. [i:26elifa2]"Oh, no I don't think so. I don't need your money,"[/i:26elifa2] she said in an icy voice though she plastered a delicate smile upon her face, her eyes had a tinge of silver glow to them as they merely narrowed. She leant down and scooped up her belongings, her pack and the sword that was sheathed in crimson and leather, a large dragon in gold inprinted on the front. She looked up to the bard and tilted her head after her things were safely back in her hands; [i:26elifa2]"you are rather generous, offering such things to a woman you have only just met, are you crazy? Or just stupid?"[/i:26elifa2] She was smirking, widely.

Bella had this idea; and it seemed to play out right before her. She thought that perhaps Leuxana would question her, and really; she hadn't had an answer, instead she just said what came to heart, what she remembered. [color=orange:26elifa2][i:26elifa2]"So you're the mare the Lady allowed me to bring back? I do have a question then. How come you allowed the child to do such to you? Why didn't you shift back to take care of your own wounds? Did not shift back to stop the kid?[/i:26elifa2][/color:26elifa2] Leuxana inquired and Bella withdrew a sharp breath before answering; [i:26elifa2][color=darkblue:26elifa2]"now see, that was predictive. Before you judge me in the situation, M'lady, I offer my apologies, because once I change form, my memory is wasteful. But I will try my best in answering any questions any of you have. Anyway, back to the boy at hand, I saw him come into the stall LiNeee had left me, yeah, he was a child. I didn't see the dagger in his hand at all, in this form,"[/i:26elifa2][/color:26elifa2] Bella gestured to her humanoid body, [i:26elifa2][color=darkblue:26elifa2]"I would have had the reflexes to register what the boy was up to, but I had just woken up, and really I was enjoying the warmth. So when he struck out at me, it was too late..."[/i:26elifa2][/color:26elifa2] Phoebey had her head under Bella's arm, she looked like a child no older than twelve at that moment. Bella grinned after that, so maybe it didn't effect her as much, she had kept the sercret long enough anyhow. [i:26elifa2][color=darkblue:26elifa2]"So, is there anything we can do to get us started?"[/i:26elifa2][/color:26elifa2] She asked again, this time with a tilt of her head.
Li Neena~

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

And before their eyes the drow vanished from view, his traces in the water compeltely absent. And at that, so were his clothes at the very edge. Meanwhile, back in the town, the half drow stepped out from the shadow of an awning, stretching and still dripping. He had shadow jumped twice from the lake, once into the shadow of a large tree about mid way, and here. He knew it'd likely confuse the lot of them, and was sure it'd confuse them enough to put his nefarious plan in action. Stepping into the tavern with a swagger in his step, he'd ask about Delrum and which room he was occupying and then made his way there, rather nonchalantly. Outside the door he'd take out a set of tools, picking the lock and then entering the room.

Once inside he moved to a tall wall closet and opened the door, nodding when he saw the shadow there, it'd work nicely as a place to shadow jump from. Then, he moved towards the heavily snoring dwarves belonging's and pilfered the assortment of bottles he had there, and uncorked one. Taking a quick swig he'd then move over to the dwarf and would pour the bottle berverage over his face, cuaisng him to splutter and try tos hield his face from the drink. [i:3czkj89o]Oi! Whoeva' tha' is, is goin' ta ge' a foot up his ass![/i:3czkj89o] Delrum shouted and Kalannar quickly made his way to the closet and vanished within it's shadows while the dwarf was still discombobulated.

Appearing outside in the same shadowed awning, he'd simply grin as the dwarfs voice would tear through the inn, shouting about ale stealing thieves, signaling that he had awoken.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

[quote:26eyqg2i]"you are rather generous, offering such things to a woman you have only just met, are you crazy? Or just stupid?" She was smirking, widely.
[/quote:26eyqg2i]

The decline of the coin struck him a bit by surprise, but a surprise that lasted only momentarily, remembering these people do not see as his people do, declining such a gift to be a heinous insult. It is these questions that follow, that throw him, first a bit off balance, then a flash of anger, but even that reaction melts away, finally replaced with a brief belly-laugh that would likely reach ears all the way down by the lake. Still his arm remains extended, the coins offered insistently, [color=brown:26eyqg2i]"Stupid? Hardly, though crazy, I suppose it is quite possible. Some of the bounties I have accepted, so I have been told was madness. Another back at the inn has given me much to think on though. Thoughts that I am still lost within, but I know for certain, I found myself curious of you, interested perhaps? Yes, I suppose you find it funny that the beast would think himself fit to even imagine courting the all superior Drow! I am not offended, it would hardly be the first time, someone assumed I've all the intellect and vocabulary of the run-of-the-mill ogre, on account of my race. Perhaps giving up coin I would have likely wasted on simple pleasures, for your safety, is my way of accepting the news of so intriguing of an elf, hard as that is for me to believe that I find you so, is infatuated with this, Onix person. I should rather see to your safety with fist, horn, hoof and axe putting to their grave any that would threaten sincerely, your life. So take my gift, please, and think of it whatever you please. Or do not, but only if my protection and/or interest are welcome."[/color:26eyqg2i]
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[color=brown:35yux4fb][i:35yux4fb]"Stupid? Hardly, though crazy, I suppose it is quite possible. Some of the bounties I have accepted, so I have been told was madness. Another back at the inn has given me much to think on though. Thoughts that I am still lost within, but I know for certain, I found myself curious of you, interested perhaps? Yes, I suppose you find it funny that the beast would think himself fit to even imagine courting the all superior Drow! I am not offended, it would hardly be the first time, someone assumed I've all the intellect and vocabulary of the run-of-the-mill ogre, on account of my race. Perhaps giving up coin I would have likely wasted on simple pleasures, for your safety, is my way of accepting the news of so intriguing of an elf, hard as that is for me to believe that I find you so, is infatuated with this, Onix person. I should rather see to your safety with fist, horn, hoof and axe putting to their grave any that would threaten sincerely, your life. So take my gift, please, and think of it whatever you please. Or do not, but only if my protection and/or interest are welcome."[/i:35yux4fb][/color:35yux4fb] The male went on a rather long speel, only to end up with the obvious; [i:35yux4fb]I'm rather interested in you.[/i:35yux4fb] LiNeee of course was taken aback at the mention of her interest in Onix, her head inclining towards the fellow with a figurine of hope; [i:35yux4fb]"so you say you're interested.."[/i:35yux4fb] She mused, turning away from the male and heading for the golden- inprinted saddle that would be fitted to Bella shortly, she addressed him even though her eyes never met his; [i:35yux4fb]"it seems rather quaint, but I still will not accept the gift you are offering, coins are worth nothing to me; the clothes I wear are either passed down or borrowed, the only new thing I have is the armor that will be hung upon my mount. So yes, perhaps I accept your...Interest,"[/i:35yux4fb] she emphazised the last word, letting it roll over her tongue, [i:35yux4fb]"but do not mistake it for pity. I do not need your protection,"[/i:35yux4fb] at that she turned towards him and gave a dazzling grin; [i:35yux4fb]"I can take care of myself."[/i:35yux4fb]

Phoebey and Bella had heard the whole endeavour between LiNeee and the mistery man, after what seemed like forever, LiNeee too finished her retaliation. Bella glanced at Phoebey who was staring at Onix with a look of pagan interest, it was obvious the girls had over heard something no one else had, of course save the rather juvenile laugh; [i:35yux4fb][color=darkred:35yux4fb]"seems you have some competition, Onix. Such shame, I thought you had it in the bag."[/i:35yux4fb][/color:35yux4fb] Phoebey grunted as Bella's elbow made contact with her ribs, receding she gave Bella stood there waiting for Leuxana or Lothir to tell her what she needed to do, it was one thing to be a child on a mission, but another for a drow to be.
Li Neena~

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix noticed the ponies that Lothir was dragging back with him and gives the bard a glance; "coming prepared to fight a small war, eh Lothir?"

Onix looked at the supplies that had been retrieved by Lothir and said, "my bardic friend; perhaps it would be within our intellect to think up a house name for our little troupe if we're going to have Lady Luexena be its 'Matron'," the word rolled off with a lightness to it as the clone then overheard something that he thought himself to be fooling himself with, but it was real.
[i:raw0sb2u]Onix,[/i:raw0sb2u] came Valor's voice in his head; [i:raw0sb2u]you're not going to like this, but it seems that a rather up front bull has taken an interest in your lady friend, LiNeee, like you have.[/i:raw0sb2u]

The clone felt a few emotions flow through him, anger being at the top of it, but even quicker, his rational logic quelled it.

What Phoebey said confirmed what his avian friend had told him.
Turning to regard Phoebey, he responded "well, LiNeee [b:raw0sb2u]is[/b:raw0sb2u] an attractive woman; I'm hardly surprised that someone else has taken an interest in her much like myself," he said grinning. He knew, however, that what he had felt from her back by the lakeside hadn't been fake.
"I promised her I'd stay by her side for as long as she stayed by mine; I intend to keep that to my word. Besides; rule number one about women, always let them decide who they want to be with." With that said, the clone turned back to Lothir and walked over to him, though there was a slight expression of worry as he came over to the bard.
[i:raw0sb2u]Just my luck; I take a keen interest in a beautiful drow, and a minotaur does the same.[/i:raw0sb2u]

[i:raw0sb2u]Look at it this way; you got a first kiss on her; plus you did one thing that no one else did; you stuck your neck for her in the fire-zone. That kinda action is not easily forgotten,[/i:raw0sb2u] Valor's voice came in the back of his head.

[i:raw0sb2u]True,[/i:raw0sb2u] Onix replies through his mental link, a grin replacing his previous expression.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena blinked, watching Kalannar vanishing, then brought her dainty hand up to rub her neck some. That one surely will drive her nuts eventually. The priestess gazed at the water longer before regarding Bella and Phoebey again, calmly. Her eyes locked on Bella's face as she spoke up finally. [i:3um1iqhd]I do not seek to judge you, far from it. I am glad the Lady returned you. I was just trying to understand what exactly happened there. [/i:3um1iqhd]She paused then, cocking her head to the side, slightly, reaching up to braid her long silver hair loosely.

[i:3um1iqhd]As for what we're going to do. I'd say the following. We are -NOT- leaving before we all gather and come up with the legend and roles for each one of us. Right now it is a group of the strangers. We need to know each other, know our strong and weak sides, know our roles, understand and -accept- them fully. Without this preplanning, we shall fail.[/i:3um1iqhd] Her thin brows knitted slightly, the priestess looked serious, thoughtful, which made her look a bit older than she really was. [i:3um1iqhd]I am aware the males are already ready to rush in and bang at the gates of Menzoberranzan. But that will only get us killed. That will not happen. [/i:3um1iqhd]There was a hint of a rather authoritive tone in her soft voice, surely this young drow'd been used to leading and making decisions despite her age. [i:3um1iqhd]Please. Inform all that we're going to gather together and discuss it in a detail.[/i:3um1iqhd]