Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Psst, also, Onix (dispite his name) is not a dark elf. He's a very pale half-elf of unusual size. Hmm- "HEOUS's? I don't think they exist..." (Props to anyone who gets the joke, LOL!! :p )

IC: The bard kicks off his boots and quickly joins the two ladies in their dance, lifting his own voice to add to the "song" of the sword. After some minutes at this, when the dances is over, he goes back to replace his boots, and grins at Onix. "Well, now- what say we go get the supplies and wagons and whatever else we'll be needing, and get this little disaster on the road?" He says, chuckling.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Nearing the lake, Kalannar would already begin to undress. He wasn't going to partake in the dance, no. But he fully intended on watching it from the place he was most comfortable, the waters. Leaving his belongings at the shore, the gray green man dove into the waters, again basking in the feeling of the cool liquids embrace. When he surfaced, he'd be suprised to see Linee there with Luexana and Lothir as well. He wasn't sure what happened to cause it, but was sure there was a good reason. Besides, he thought, it might get him one step closer to enough rum to keep him happy down in the Night Below. He waded to the lake edge and then laid on his stomach, peering at the group as they began to dance. Hearing the sword sign, made the half drow quirk a brow. He had never seen a blade do something like that before, and it was very much intriguing.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

It seemed like years had taken her experiences to a whole new high, she swept a glance at Onix and Lothir than back to Leuxana, there; she gave the girl one smile, an absolute astonishing flash of dazzling white teeth. [i:3phigl13]"Perhaps it is time to start up again,"[/i:3phigl13] she whispered, taking one step towards the female; only that one step was enough; the moonlight hit her hard in the face, the small breeze whipped up, cupping at her ankles and kissing at her covered thighs until it hit her face; whisking the ebony hood back to roll down her back, also unleashing her facade of ivory hair. She moaned in delight as bangs of white tussled around her face, she couldn't help but bury her feet in the foot of grass, feeling it caress her ankles and calves. She had begun to sway, her hair mirroring every movement in one large sweep; her eyes were closed and her arms had lifted but an inch from her sides to allow movement. She suddenly forgot about everything, everything besides that very moment and the things that were utmost important. Images leaked into her mind of destinations and people she was yet to meet, all children with dark-skinned faces. A male's face played a large role aswel; Onix. His armored body embracing her small one, enveloping her out of every biting wind.

Eyes snapping open, LiNeee took a step out of the moonlight and shook her head with a grin, Lothir had been dancing with them and she felt; by the slow movements of her arms and legs now, that she had been dancing like the old ways. [i:3phigl13]"I forgot how peaceful it was,"[/i:3phigl13] she admitted to whoever cared to listen, [i:3phigl13]"the memories and things just can't seem to stay out of my head though,"[/i:3phigl13] she gave a soft chuckle at this but turned to Leuxana, [i:3phigl13]"there is something I must, do... I'll join you and Lothir in a short moment to gather supplies in things,"[/i:3phigl13] she gave a hint of a smile to Lothir aswel before turning to Onix, [i:3phigl13]"could...Could I have a quick word Onix?"[/i:3phigl13] She asked, and in her mind she shot out; [i:3phigl13]Phoebey and Bella, I suggest you two girls go back up to the Inn to help.[/i:3phigl13] She felt the frowns from both of them but than felt the retreating presence.

From there she looked up to Onix with a small smile, awaiting to see if he would give her the short time she had asked for.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Seeing his old bardic friend and newly met female drow companions dancing in the light of the shimmering moon gave Onix a relaxed feeling inside of his soul.
The clone breathed in lightly and exhaled slowly as his gaze fell from Luexena to Lothir and then onto LiNeee. The clone found himself staring in awe at her graceful movements, but at the same time, how she, Lothir and Luexena seemed to flow together, each other moving with one another so their movements were harmonious.

[i:304f0hx7]Getting jealous, are we?[/i:304f0hx7] came the ever present, sarcastic wit of Valor.

[i:304f0hx7]In your feathered dreams. I'm a soldier, not a dancer; I fight battles so that others don't have to. I'm a weapon, nothing more, nothing less.[/i:304f0hx7] Onix replied through his own thoughts.

[i:304f0hx7]Of course you are; that would explain how [b:304f0hx7]human[/b:304f0hx7] you've been acting around Lady LiNeee in the past hour or so.[/i:304f0hx7] With that, the eagle spread his huge feathered wings and took off, soaring into the night sky.

"Obstinate bird,"Onix muttered to himself, though he had a slight smile on his face as he said this.

[color=indigo:304f0hx7][i:304f0hx7]"could...Could I have a quick word Onix?" She asked,[/i:304f0hx7][/color:304f0hx7]

Onix turns his head to regard LiNeee and responds "Of course," with a smile of his own.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Bella and Phoebey strode into the clearing, it was filled with moonlight, every surface glistening like the top of a lake on a summers afternoon. Turning to each other the two girls exchanged large looks; [i:sf0r36az][color=darkred:sf0r36az]"she is going to love him up,"[/i:sf0r36az][/color:sf0r36az] commented Phoebey with a glow to her eyes that was unmistakeable for mischief, Bella found herself rolling her crimson eyes; [i:sf0r36az][color=darkblue:sf0r36az]"oh please, his a machine, I've never seen LiNeee look or think about anything more than she does about him. I think she had real feelings for him, not some,"[/i:sf0r36az][/color:sf0r36az] she tilted her head and her face went half blank, what was it exactly? Phoebey piped up; [i:sf0r36az][color=darkred:sf0r36az]"it's love."[/i:sf0r36az][/color:sf0r36az]

LiNeee nodded and headed towards the lake, away from Lothir and Leuxana, and ofcourse, their ears. After a moment she reached the edge and lifted her hands to her shoulders, unclasping the small clasp on her cloak and letting it drop to the ground behind her in a pool of Ebony. [i:sf0r36az]"When I first met you,"[/i:sf0r36az] she began, the moonlight shining off her alabaster, ebony shoulders and that silky smooth scar on her right shoulder. [i:sf0r36az]"You lectured me about my quick snaps including a young boy, I found myself thinking about it, and thinking about it. To the point of, humiliation... To the point where I couldn't even, look at you without wanting to just crawl under a rock."[/i:sf0r36az] LiNeee was whispering softly, though her voice travelled just fine across the small gap to which she hoped Onix had followed her. Dipping her toes in the water she continued; [i:sf0r36az]"after seeing Destiny at my feet, she was just so still, she had done nothing wrong; only served me a great purpose, that was before I realised who she really was,"[/i:sf0r36az] at that she gave a quick chuckle. Than continued; [i:sf0r36az]"anyway, I just, I wanted to see that little boy suffer as much as she had, not one person I know would diminish a life just because it was running short."[/i:sf0r36az] She turned to face Onix with wet eyes; [i:sf0r36az]"what I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the pain... All the drama, all the obscene difficulties I have arisen with my actions, Onix... Out of all of it though, I can truley say I'll always be here by the side of a male who stuck by mine..."[/i:sf0r36az] She reached out to draw her fingers along his cheek if he so let her.

[i:sf0r36az]"That male is you, Onix."[/i:sf0r36az] She whispered, taking the smallest step towards him, [i:sf0r36az]"for that I thankyou, and I will try my hardest to...To repay you..."[/i:sf0r36az] She told him, wondering what his reaction would be but she feared it anyway.
Li Neena~

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

((I do see it getting QUITE confusing with people inside and out. Perhaps for those outside, they could open the top line of their post, with something indicating their general location? Such as <<Outside>>, <<Inside>>, <<Upstairs>>, or <<Barn>>. This I think will spare many of us some confusion. As for my previous post, may we assume that the bull wandered outside?))
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

(( OOC: Haha yeah that happens. I'll give you a quick heads up. Myself, being LiNeee, Bella and Phoebey are outside. LiNeee down by the lake with Onix, say 100 metres from the Inn itself. Bella and Phoebey are standing just outside the Inn entrance. Lothir and Leuxana are currently near the lake aswel. Anyone else is inside. ))
Li Neena~

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix followed LiNeee toward the lake and listened to her as she let her cloak fall back to the ground.
The clone ran his blood crimson eyes over her back, until they rested upon the scar upon her right shoulder. Hearing her voice, he listened, though his mind followed to where she was leading her words to go.
When LiNeee turned to him with her shining, moist eyes, Onix found himself wanting to lunge out and embrace her in a hug that would've spoke more of his feelings than he himself knew; however, he restrained himself, looking her in the eyes and breathing.

Her words that his mind absorbed surged through him like a tidal wave. The clone felt something like never before within himself as he let LiNeee's soft, slender fingers slide across his cheek. The feeling sent a shiver down the clone's spine. Onix let LiNeee take her minute step closer, and responded in near silent voice; "for [b:u6yi0ycy]that[/b:u6yi0ycy] I thank you,", all the while lifting a hand of his own to her face; his fingers traced lines across her silk smooth cheek as he brushed back some of her stark white hair. If LiNeee saw what was in his crimson eyes, she'd know how he'd responded.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Her grin finally faded off her face, replaced with a look of sincere thoughtfulness. Her eyes sought out his and those fingers along his face ran around his ear as his touched her face; a shiver rifling up her spine. He felt the same, that she half knew but also hoped. [i:26ztdn3x]"You have nothing to thank me for, Onix... Just come here,"[/i:26ztdn3x] she whispered with a slight grin before she leant up to raise her lips to his, tiptoes sinking in the moist grass, her eyes... Sparkling.

[i:26ztdn3x][color=darkred:26ztdn3x]"So, should we get the cart ready? Or should we... Should we do anything or wait for Lothir?"[/i:26ztdn3x][/color:26ztdn3x] Phoebey asked Bella who had her back braced against a spare cart they had found along the side of the Inn. She nodded her head still trying to move it out of the large rut the wheels had made in the mud. [color=darakblue:26ztdn3x][i:26ztdn3x]"I think we could help a little, maybe you could go in and ask if any of the other horses could assist in the journey, I'm sure the stable mate's will be quite..Well not cooperative after LiNeee's little stunt, but never mind, we can always do it."[/i:26ztdn3x][/color:26ztdn3x] Both Bella and Phoebey grinned at each other than before Phoebey ran off towards the Inn entrance where she would find some employee to help her.
Li Neena~

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

While Onix goes off a little way with LiNeee, Lothir turns to Luaxena and smiles. "I thank you, Lady, for the advice and the help with this situation. I would be honored to have you with us-especially since you would be a natural to pose as our 'Mistress' for this little charade! I can, of course, act as your 'Consort' and Weapon Master while we are there, and perhaps the girl could be a younger sibling who is along to learn the ropes, so-to-speak. What say you?"

As an after-thought, he turns toward the shore, and grins. "And as for you, Kalannar- How do you feel about being a knife-thrower and sword-swallower? Somehow I have a feeling you would be good at that. Incidentally, I'm sorry you did not get the view you were hoping for, sirrah. And yes, I will remember to bring along plenty of rum for you and the dwarf, should he wish to join."

Edit: Had to respond to Kalannar's latest post, lol!

IC: He laughs out loud at the half-drow's comment. Ah-ho!! Not THAT kind of sword-swallowing! I meant the kind they perform at carnivals. And no, I've never tried it myself- and not the sort you were suggesting, either. I leave THAT to twisted creeps like my former alchemy tutor." He rolls his eyes at the remark about the half-orcs, and laughs again. "Anyway, I was just trying to think of something you could do. You didn't answer about the knife-throwing, though."
Last edited by Aylstra Illianniis on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Feeling her fingers run along the back of his neck, Onix felt a shiver ebb through LiNee just as he heard her voice.
As LiNeee raised herself up to his height, Onix felt a million thoughts and feelings race through him at the speed of light, his brain processing more than he could handle as he looked into LiNeee's glowing, twinkling eyes.

"[i:28s67wvy]Vith it,[/i:28s67wvy] he thought as he pulled LiNeee up to his face, their lips meeting for a moment in time; Onix just held LiNeee there, his lips against hers, his soul roaring for him never to release her from his embrace. His emotions exploded within him as the clone experienced something that he had never felt in his seven decades of being alive.
For the moment Onix felt himself locked in time, wanting only just to hold it right there; however, his conscience finally shouted at him to get a practical grip on himself. Letting her release from the embrace, Onix smiled at her, his own crimson orbs locking onto her own eyes as he ran his hand along her silk-smooth face.

"Glad to see I'm not the only one feeling that way," he chuckled softly, though in all sense, meant it as well.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee sighed, one of relief as his lips touched hers finally. It was all she ever wanted, was to feel his arms around her, embracing her. She felt the tingles reach her fingertips just as Onix let her go, down from her tippy-toes she came with a gentle outlet of breath. So he [i:3vqq6kna]did[/i:3vqq6kna] feel the same as she did, he felt, about the very same. She felt her cheeks flush and thanked the Goddess, once again; that it couldn't be seen through her ebony skin. After a moment just staring into the crimson pools of crystallised orbs; Onix's eyes, LiNeee took a small step back and tilted her head forwards with a small twitch of the right corner of her mouth; a hearty smile. [i:3vqq6kna]"What does this mean?"[/i:3vqq6kna] She asked him, looking over his form with eyes that compelled the idea of awe. [i:3vqq6kna]I can't let this get in the way, what if my feelings get him hurt?[/i:3vqq6kna] She shook her head but kept the smile on her face, she wouldn't let another get hurt under her wing.

[i:3vqq6kna][color=darkred:3vqq6kna]"So, the bard in there said...That his busy right now and I should again later.."[/i:3vqq6kna][/color:3vqq6kna] Phoebey told Bella with a small twitch of her elven like ear, [i:3vqq6kna][color=darkred:3vqq6kna]"so rude, I tell ya."[/i:3vqq6kna][/color:3vqq6kna] Bella gave a soft chortle and shook her head, she had barely moved the cart an inch.
Li Neena~

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Listening to LiNeee's question, Onix thought about it for split second, then answered; "I'm not sure what it means; but I intend to find out." When he said this, he was grinning ever so slightly.
Heaven and Hell forbid should someone ever injure her in someway; the clone bit down the thought.

That was the last thing he needed to worry about; Onix just enjoyed the moment that he had with LiNeee.
"The one thing I [b:1tzdrz81]do[/b:1tzdrz81] know what this means, though. I don't want you to leave my side for a very long time," he said, returning her smile with one of equal measure. However, there was one part of him that ebbed at him; the part of him that was a clone, an engineered weapon.
[i:1tzdrz81]What am I doing? I'm a clone, a super-soldier, born to fight and survive. How can something like this even come about, and why me of all folks?[/i:1tzdrz81] He asked himself these questions even as he gazed into her shining eyes.

[i:1tzdrz81]Perhaps because you [b:1tzdrz81]are[/b:1tzdrz81] unique, at least among the folks of Toril, you are; [b:1tzdrz81]and[/b:1tzdrz81] because you stood up for her when no one else did or would. That kind of compassion is not taken lightly, even among those you wouldn't expect it to be,[/i:1tzdrz81] came Valor's voice in his head.
Onix smiled, knowing that, however obstinate and crass, his eagle companion might be, he would always have the right words for the right time. Onix didn't even need to look around to know where Valor was.

Looking LiNeee in the eyes, he said, "whatever this means, for both of us, let's keep it with us, at the very least. I find that locking anything up inside just seems to eat away at what and who you are," Onix said to her with a genuine look of compassion, but then his mind focused on the mission that he and Lothir had planned; "however, let's keep this for when we both have the time to. . " he stumbled for the right word, then thinking [i:1tzdrz81]why not[/i:1tzdrz81], said "explore this and what it means. Besides, there will be plenty of time on our little excursion that we're going on; and I [b:1tzdrz81]do[/b:1tzdrz81] want you, Bella and Phoebey with us, you especially." He finished with a smile.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[color=green:3orwu37p][i:3orwu37p]"I'm not sure what it means; but I intend to find out." [/color:3orwu37p][/i:3orwu37p]Onix said to her, which of course made her grin like a foolish child. Those cheeks flaming again as she waited while he decided what to do. Eventually she nodded and rose up to give the clone a tender kiss upon his cheek, her fingers covering it softly before she let them linger down his neck; than she withdrew them, along with the rest of herself, simply taking a step backwards. [i:3orwu37p]"I'll stay by your side Onix,"[/i:3orwu37p] she whispered, her fingers slipping down his forearm, [i:3orwu37p]"only if you stay by mine."[/i:3orwu37p] She chuckled and rose, this time dropping a kiss right on his lips before she twirled around, her hair whipping out and flaying through the air, [i:3orwu37p]"come on! We have a mission to go on!"[/i:3orwu37p] Laughing; she lunged forwards into a sprint, her heart beating the fastest she had ever felt as she vanished into the trees and shadows, heading for Bella and Phoebey.

Meanwhile; at the Inn. Bella was laughing, in stitches, upon the ground. Phoebey's face was one of annoyance, hands on her hips and eyebrows knitted together. [i:3orwu37p][color=darkred:3orwu37p]"I don't find it amusing, Bella."[/i:3orwu37p][/color:3orwu37p] She hissed through jaggered looking front teeth, crimson eyes narrowing. Bella continued to laughing though she slowly got to her feet; [color=darkblue:3orwu37p][i:3orwu37p]"that's the thing! It's hilarious!"[/i:3orwu37p][/color:3orwu37p] She shrieked, body swaying again; threatening to fall as she burst into laughter again. She had proposed to Phoebey that they, were to be the ones that pulled the cart. Being shape-shifters they were able to be anything they sought, Bella enjoyed being a mare, and so she told Phoebey who had been pouting ever since, especially after she transformed into a pony with pink tussels. Thinking about it, Bella fell to the ground again, clinging to her ribs with dripping eyes.
Li Neena~

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Again the clone found his body surging with energy and his heart racing as LiNeee gave him her two kisses, once on the cheek and then once more on the lips.
[color=indigo:r1uzkpl6]"I'll stay by your side Onix," she whispered, her fingers slipping down his forearm, "only if you stay by mine."[/color:r1uzkpl6]

"You got it," he replied just as she spun around in that graceful manner and burst off back towards the Inn. Onix looks after LiNeee as she sprints away in her excited manner. He then turns about and heads back up to Lothir just as two huge wings come soaring down from the tree top.
Valor circles above Onix, almost grinning at him, but as an eagle would, if an eagle could; his avian eyes lit up as he asked [i:r1uzkpl6]so. . how did it go?[/i:r1uzkpl6]

The clone glances up to Valor with a smirk on his face; "I think she took it . . rather well."

The bird let out a screech; [i:r1uzkpl6]HAA!! You practically fell into her hands as if she set an oh-so obvious laid trap.[/i:r1uzkpl6]

[i:r1uzkpl6]Meh; at the very least I know that I'm feeling the same about her as she is about me,[/i:r1uzkpl6] Onix retorted, still smiling as he made his way back up to Lothir and the others.

The harpy eagle looked down from his circular flight; [i:r1uzkpl6]thank you, Captain Oblivious.[/i:r1uzkpl6]

Onix looked up to Valor; "Button your beak, or I'll clamp you to my shoulder," Onix chuckled to the bird.

[i:r1uzkpl6]A fate worse than death,[/i:r1uzkpl6] Valor commented in his usual dry sarcasm. With that, he took off into the night, as Onix made his way back to where Lothir, Luexena and Kalannar were.

"So, what did I miss," he says to the bard, his smile not decreasing an ounce. Looking over to Luexena and then Lothir, the clone shakes his head.
"Nevermind."
Last edited by veraka on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix