Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena just shook her head, murmuring. [i:1mnkh8ss]The common sense is lost on your friend. He will bring the three he just met along because he'd not be able to say no. And frankly... I hope it was instability and not a manipulation. Your friend is fitting for a direct assault, but the intricate schemes of our kin are lost on him.[/i:1mnkh8ss]

She looked back to the table and then whispered, narrowing her slanted eyes slightly. [i:1mnkh8ss]I just wish I saw a bit of remorse in her... instead of self pity. Maybe then I would have felt more hopeful.[/i:1mnkh8ss]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora, surprisingly, was the one to respond to the bard this time; [i:a13kv3iy]Perhaps I can answer you're question, Lothir. Our clone friend feels the need to want this drowess, LiNeee to feel accepted, because he has lived a life of non-acceptance for his entire years of existence; and before you mention that you and the few others that he has met, myself and Veraka included, count as acceptance to Onix, think again. From what Veraka has told me about him, I see a very long, lost pup, if you will the analogy, whom has lived his entire life fighting, and has never even had a thank you given to him, not directly, from anyone besides the soldiers and fellow brother clones he fights with. You must understand this in order to understand how he feels and is reacting to LiNeee. I feel somewhat compelled to wack him across the face with a paw; but I feel that his avian friend does a better job than I.[/i:a13kv3iy]

[i:a13kv3iy]And furthermore,[/i:a13kv3iy] the great wolf turns to Luexena, ((OOC: I'm not sure if Luex can communicate with animals; if not I'll just edit it)) [i:a13kv3iy]Lady Luexena; that drowess does feel remorse for her actions; however the part you're looking for, the physical showing of that remorse, will not be easily possible. Miss LiNeee has many, many emotions that are tangled up inside her; and what happened outside, from what I can gather, has only served to coil them up more rather than unwind them, if you will. What Onix is doing, believe it or not, is trying, at the very least to sift through those emotions to get to the heart of the matter and calm it, or at least, soothe it.[/i:a13kv3iy]
The winter wolf's ice blue eyes looked directly to the priestess and bard; [i:a13kv3iy]The I know from personal experience and so does my younger brother, Veraka, what something like this can do. Yes, Lady Luexena, you're absolutely right. Someone like LiNeee can severely compromise a mission of this gravity; however, know that sorting this out now and going down to Menzoberanzzan later is possible. That is why Onix is being brash and near irrational; he's trying to quell this fire before more fuel's added to it, but right now, he's fighting that by himself without any support. Lady Luexena, you said yourself that Onix doesn't understand the subtelty of the drow like you, Lothir or any other here might. Well then might I suggest that you confront him about it.
If Onix understands direct assault, then use direct assault with him, talk to him directly, not sitting back and chatting about it while he's trying to fix this by himself. What I'm saying truthfully, is try to help that young clone find a solution rather than idle by. Besides, doesn't the Lady of Dance say that there is a place under the Night Above for all drow; well, maybe LiNeee is trying to get there, but she's stumbled along the way. You should know above all what this is like, hmm?[/i:a13kv3iy] the wolf raised a brow towards both Lothir and Luexena, challenging them to try what she just said.

Veraka glanced over at the winter wolf and chuckled; "My I think I'm actually learning something."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Hearing Aurora's speech, the bard looks at her thoughtfully for a moment, and then toward the door. "You're both righ, of course. To be honest though, I'm not sure that he CAN understand- at least not until he sees it for himself. I've tried to explain it to him, at least in a broad sense, but..." He sighs, and looks frustrated for a long moment. "He's so used to everything being up front and out in the open, and to taking everything at face value, it's just hard to know how to explain just how convoluted and dangerous the politics and social interactions in a place like that can be. I even told him about the students at the Academies murdering their rivals in their sleep, and he still doesn't get it. He is so willing to trust people he isn't already enemies with, that he can't conceive of someone trying to use him for their own purposes."

He glances toward the door again, and shakes his head. "I don't think she's intentionally trying to manipulate him. I think she's just dealing with things as if she were still down Below. Going on instinct, as it were. And maybe that's okay in the Underdark, but it'll get her killed up here. I'm just not sure how to handle someone like her- she's clearly going through some sort of emotional swing, but I'm a musician, not a mind-healer. How the Hells do you deal with something like that?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The priestess looked to the wolf, evenly, not even bothering to be surprised that rather complicated words were present in the - what seems to be an animal - 's vocabulary. [i:1tlvp7ac]Does she? I fear I still doubt that. From what I saw. I saw her mourning over the mare, yes. I saw her troubled that we'd not accept her, yes. I saw her merely sparing a glance and a few words to the child once he was brought to life. Are you a mind reader, wolf? I am not. I judge by the subtle hints one displays, by the body language and expressions, by the words spoken and intonations (High Sense Motive skill)[/size:1tlvp7ac].

But I know one thing. One feeling remorse tries to do something to atone. Like brother here. [/i:1tlvp7ac]She nodded at Lothir. [i:1tlvp7ac]I saw her grinning and flirting subtly with the -clone- before weeping and rushing out as it was mentioned we do not trust her. The only tears were shed at 'they do not understand me' and 'they do not accept me'.[/i:1tlvp7ac] The young woman's expression changed subtly, there was sadness in it now. [i:1tlvp7ac]If it was a single stressful situation causing her to act like this, then we'll able to work it out. But if she is just like that, she'll get us all killed. And to be honest, I'd embrace the death gladly. But my duty is to see those who'd come with me safe and sound. My hesitation and my mistrust are there not because of my own fear for my life. But of my concern for yours, of all of those who come along with us.[/i:1tlvp7ac]

She looked to Phoebey and Bella, the two strangers, then looked to Lothir, reaching to pick up a sheath with Erel'lua'ae and slid it onto her shoulder, glancing to her bloodstained tunic with a smirk. [i:1tlvp7ac]It is a fine night for a dance in the moonlight, do you not think so, brother?[/i:1tlvp7ac] Then Luexena lowered her voice, speaking softer. [i:1tlvp7ac]Perhaps you'd be able to convince your friend to clear his head... I will try to talk to the girl. And then I'd need my Lady's wisdom to decide what to do.[/i:1tlvp7ac]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar once again got a strange look on his face as first Lothir, and then Luexana spoke to the wolf. The look was one of confusion, and as if he just realized he was sitting at a table with a bunch of barmy people laughing over something that he, the sane one, couldn't see or comprehend. [i:t4gszaf5]...I be thinkin' ya two 'ave 'ad a bi' too much t' drin'. Next thin' I know, ya gonna be dancin' wit' an' seein' pink elephan's. [/i:t4gszaf5] Hearing Luexana wanting to embrace death gladly, he'd wince a bit, and forwn at her. Clearly the woman was injured in some fashion and he'd see to prodding at it a bit more when he was alone with her next. Something that might happen sooner rather than later as Luexana mentioned dancing. Wishing to play upon his earlier comment he'd just point at her rather accusingly. [i:t4gszaf5]See! I best be comin' alon' t' make sure them pink elephant's don't crush ya.[/i:t4gszaf5]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He nods at the priestess's suggestion, though with a slightly doubtful look. "Well, I can certainly try. I know he feels lost and confused in this world. Hells, so did I when I first came here, but I at least had the benefit of coming from a world to so different. His entire society is so- completely unlike anything here, that even the brief glimpses I go of it make me think that he's having trouble assimilating it all. Magic, for one thing. They don't seem to have any where he comes from- at least none that I saw, and certainly none like what we have here or on my home-world. They have tried to make up for that with weaponry and engineering skill, but they seem to lack divine guidance. I'm not entirely sure he even believes that gods exist.Well, we'll see what happens outside, eh, milady?"

He looks at Luaxena and smiles, then bursts out laughing at Kalannar's confused words. "What? Ha, no! I'm guessing you've never seen a winter wolf before. They can speak, though I'll admit, she's the first one I've ever had the honor of talking to. No pink elephants, abbil, just talking wolves." He grins at the half-drow, still chuckling. Then he turns back to Luaxena

"I understand completely about embracing death. I've been there before, so I'm not really afraid for myself. It's everyone ELSE I'm worried about. If I die, so be it- I would hate to leave Vala and the children behind, but there is a part of me that wants to go back. If for no other reason than to see Ravyn again. There are things I've been watning to ask her...." He trails off, with an almost haunted look for a moment, then shakes it aside. "Now, I'm thinking a dance by the lake is in order, don't you agree?"

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar just gave a shake of his head at Lothir, apparently not believing anything the drow just told him, likely taking him for someone that is definitely drunk and can't tell his right from his left, let alone if a wolf is talking or not. He'd just give him one of those overly exaggerated smiles and would nod his head, as if he had believed any of what he percieved to be as nonsense, had any merit. [i:1rb4gplr]Righ'... Winter Wolves.. Mus' be related t' them Summer Salamanders.[/i:1rb4gplr]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He returns Kalannar's look with a hearty chuckle and a wide grin. "They're very intelligent, actually. Not like a normal wolf at all. For one thing, they have frost-breath, like a white or silver dragon- though much less powerful, of course. Said to be quite evil, too, though I think Aurora here is an exception."

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:2tohuwno]Now you see my concern? Someone so alien to this world, and I am not even talking about the drow society, would try to infiltrate Menzoberranzan? Coupled with someone who can't keep her head cool? I am ...troubled.[/i:2tohuwno] Luexena nodded meekly, in understanding. [i:2tohuwno]I do not fear death, for I have someone waiting for me on the other side. Yet, to be honest, brother, I fear to lose my soul to Lloth. This is what happened to my mother. She was sacrificed and doomed for eternity. I won't see her again even in afterlife.[/i:2tohuwno]

For a moment she seemed to be lost in the darker thoughts, grasping the ring again, rolling the intricately crafted mithril band between her fingers, yet Kalannar's words made her snap out of it. Luexena blinked and looked at him in disbelief, then chuckled softly. [i:2tohuwno]Oh, friend, you're really something.[/i:2tohuwno]

Still chuckling, she turned to Lothir, offering him a light nod, and then made her way to the door. [i:2tohuwno]Erel'lua'ae will sing for us tonight, dear Lothir. I am sure you will like it.[/i:2tohuwno] She adjusted the strap with the sheath lovingly and opened the door, glancing to the half-drow again. [i:2tohuwno]You coming or not, friend?[/i:2tohuwno] With that she slipped out of the inn, making her way to the exit of the garden, still dressed in her commoner attire - a loose stained shirt, dark pants and sandals upon her small feet. Her step was light, almost silent, though there was still a hint of weariness in her movements.
Last edited by Luexena Deana on Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar just gave Lothir another of those "Uh huh.. Suuuuuuuure." type smiles before looking over to Luexana as she made her way to the door. At her invitation he'd stand up and would grin as he headed outside of the door, but not before buying another bottle of his favored drink and stashing it away in his pack. [i:1u9oomob]Bac' t' th' lake we were a' before?[/i:1u9oomob]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He looks down at Aurora and winks, grinning. "Would you like to explain it to him?" he asks the wolf, as he gulps down the last of his wine and slips over to the table where Vala and Palax sit. He whispers in her ear softly, and she nods. Then he heads out the door, following the other two out.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora looks to Lothir and replies; "maybe I should just introduce him to my kin; they'll correct the error of his ways." The white wolf does this with a grin.
Last edited by veraka on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: V, she was talking to the half-drow/sea elf, not the dwarf.... Just so ya know...

Outside, the bard spots Luaxena up ahead, and follows her down to the lake, where Onix and the girl are talking. He stops a short distance away from the two, waiting respectfully as the clone tries to comfort the girl. Clearly, his friend has some acceptance issues of his own, and he bard begins to see how to approach the issue. After a few moments of silence between the two, he slowly approaches, and sits down on a large rock by the water's edge.

"You know," he says after a brief pause to gaze up at the stars, though he doesn't seem to be talking to anyone in particular, but just thinking out loud, "For a long time, I thought I would never find acceptance anywhere. The world I come from is not much different than this one. People there hate our kind, too. Maybe worse, because there are far fewer ones like us. I was once chased out of a town by the city Watch, with cross-bow bolts hitting the ground at my feet to encourage a swift departure. Not long after that, I was actually "hung" as a pirate and slaver, just because I'd been part of a raid on a merchant ship that ended with only three survivors- even though I was the REASON those few lived to tell the tale. "

He pauses for a moment, "Acceptance is hard to come by for ANY drow on the surface, and I'd guess it's much the same for a clone among folk who were born as unique individuals. But that doesn't mean we stop trying, or that we should wallow in self-pity over it. It just means we have to try that much harder to show that we're worthy of respect and friendship. It means we have to take a good long look at who we are and decide whether what we ARE is what we want people to SEE. I don't mean lie about who we are, I mean that we need to realize that we have flaws and things we might not like about ourselves, but we have to strive to change them."

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

So, he had followed her after all... Bella and Phoebey nodded to each other however when both Lothir and Leuxana rose and strode from the tavern, they shared glances and sped after them, keeping to the shadows and streams as to not be seen.

From behind her, LiNeee heard Onix comment on her self inflicted speech, she looked over her shoulder and gently rose; ''Onix, she breathed, ''I didnt hear you there... Yeah I suppose Im different, unique... That doesn't give me an excuse for what I did, Onix...'' She replied, turning to face him and patting some dust off the front of her cloak. ''It was monstrous...Terrible, I could never....Ever forgive myself for that,'' she looked behind her up to the inn, ''even if the child is alive and well...''

LiNeee turned back to Onix, he had called her beautiful, though she hadn't acknowledged it. What did that mean? Absently she found herself stroking his upper shoulder, her eyes shining upwards into his, ''I will never gain their trust, I must seem so hostile, unstable to them... Im really not though,'' she added closing her eyes.

Moments later she felt the presence of several others around the darkened lake, she stepped sideways and turned; now standing beside Onix with a worried, perhaps feared look. She had a good idea who it would be, and she waited to see her materialise from the darkness.

(( OOC: sorry, been camping this weekend :) so sun burnt. X.x sorry for the wait, I've also done this on my phone so if I missed anything; apologies... ))
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The clone was openly concerned about the drowess. As he listened to LiNeee, Onix found himself being able to relate to everything that she said about herself and her actions, the only difference was that he had owned up to what he had done in the past, however, it still bothered the clone from time to time.

As LiNeee ran her hand up his armored shoulder, Onix found himself both excited and relaxed at the same time. As he looked into her sparkling eyes with his own crimson eyes, Onix found himself running a hand along her cheek, even as he replied; "what happened at the stables was a mistake, and a grave one at that, I'll agree, but does that mean you pound yourself into oblivion because of it?"

He shook his head; "no; it means that you take what you learned, along with the remorse, the guilt, the pain, and the resentment and you accept it for what it is. You cannot change the past or the actions that you've done, but what you [b:16y179kd]can[/b:16y179kd] do is learn from that mistake, along with the sorrow and guilt that accompanies it, and continue forward. You can't keep on beating yourself up for this. A friend of mine said the same thing to me not to long ago. Truth be told; he's right, though I'd probably never admit that to him straight up."

Looking her directly in the eyes, Onix spoke softly; "LiNeee, you can't continue to do this to yourself; it will lead you down a path that I've known for far to long of my life, and I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you."

For a long moment, there was a small silence between Onix and her, as if time had completely stopped. However, a rustle from his flank brought the clone's hand down from LiNeee's face and onto one of his tantos on the side of his waist.
Seeing Lothir come out of the shadows, Onix relaxed, letting his hand slide free of the weapon.

The clone found himself accepting the bard's words, but still not sure what to make of the situation.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix