Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:1q3csc2z]I be preferin' pon's. Tha' be true. 'ho wouldn't though? Well. Aside from ya two I be guessin'. I don' need some fancy magic t' breathe under there. Gift from me father, as it were. We still gonna be needin' some ale for th' dwarf an' I. 'ow lon' do we 'ave?[/i:1q3csc2z] He asked as he leaned back in his seat. The jabs from Lothir didn't seem to phase him in the least, which is true. They hadn't. He had heard much worse in his time, so it'd take more than an idle insult to rile him up.
Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

the Inn upstairs inthe rooms had quieted again. nothing was going on, 'perfect'. he had spent a good amount of time waiting for his chance again. but now it would be tricky with the target more alert. but nothing the skilled and trained assassin wasnt prepared for.
his door cracked slightly and he peeked out. her door was open. but with the bull chating, it was good enough. he vanished from sight and stealthily made way to the door, scarlet string still upon the door nob. with quickness the door was unlocked, trap disarmed and now cracked.
upon entering the room he saw the rich man in all his possession. the lavish room, bed covered in silks and fancy cloths. Swifty drew the dagger and dulled the red throb it created. moving up to the man, he looked carefully around before to the face. drool hanging out the side his arm around some woman, and by her scent, not his wife.
the dagger went thru his flesh with no resraints, like a katana thru a pig. the male jerked up a look of horror on his face, blood gurgling from his mouth. the dagger glowed brighter. the woman now awoken was about to screem, but a gloved hand was quickly over her mouth, bloody blade below her throat. quiet sobs of pure fear fell down her cheeks staining his glove. he whispered in her ear before he was gone or so she thought
her lover now lay his last gasping breaths to call for help who would not arrive in time. bfore the scream left her throat blackness came over her and she slumped atop the bleeding male into unconsciouness.
like a breeze, the silks of the room moved and then stilled. the window opened and the shadow was gone in the early night- all this in a matter of seconds.

Ooc: always finish a task, so had to. But no one has to discover it for a while if it helps.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"It'll be brutal for me, no-one else. If someone else gets hurt because of my actions, then I'm not fit to be apart of this quest. Why would I stake my life on bringing these gals along if I didn't trust them. LiNeee made a mistake, yes; but so have I. They're not pretty, and usually made in the heat of the moment. If you feel that LiNeee, Belle, and Phoebey aren't trustworthy, that's fine; but know this then, there's strength in numbers," the clone said to Lothir, and then proceeded to look at Luexena and Delrum, then glanced back to the bard with an expression of all seriousness on it.

"Lothir you forget [b:mccxc7yo]what[/b:mccxc7yo] I am. I'm a clone and as such I've been given a variety of training to take on all types of situations; stealth-type operations are within my grasp. Oh and Lothir, don't forget, I can't be trusted anymore than LiNee, Phoebey and Bella can. You think that I have a grasp on my rage and uproar of emotions; but I don't and you know it. The only thing I do have on them is a cap. Don't forget Lothir, I've had damn near 7 decades of rage, sorrow, loss, and pain welled up inside me and I still haven't realised its full potential yet. I've seen what you've done my friend, and I don't blame you. But ask yourself this, if what you did to my enemies a while back was spur of the moment, instantaneous rage at them, what would 70 years of all those emotions raging inside me. Can [b:mccxc7yo]you[/b:mccxc7yo] truly trust me? Can you honestly look at me and think that I'm trustworthy?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:x0yg0idu]With all due respect.[/i:x0yg0idu] The priestess spoke up. [i:x0yg0idu]You just met them... all of us. And after twenty minutes of conversation you're ready to put your life and lives of your friends at stake in a mission like this by taking strangers along with you? The Goddess teaches us the strangers are our friends. Yet She does not mean to be unwise about it.[/i:x0yg0idu]

[i:x0yg0idu]I am failing to see why such ...mission is taken so lightly. Grabbing those who raise hands in some inn, the companions not tested by time. Trust should be earned, otherwise one would be a waste. Yes, you share emotions with one, it seems, but the rest? Have you seen their actions, their intentions, something that is behind the veil of words each one of us weaves? You do not know -me-, feel free to question me as I am going to question you, because it is -wise-. And I am sorry to say such, I do not think we can succeed if such ...displays as earlier in the stables would happen again.[/i:x0yg0idu] Luexena winced, rubbing her temple.

Then she just sighed and shook her head. [i:x0yg0idu]I am sorry. I mean no insult. I just do not wish to see a group of people going and ending up upon the altars to the spider only because they do not know each other well. Even death is not that scary than losing souls in sacrifices to -her-.[/i:x0yg0idu]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He chuckles at Kalannar, and nods. "Aye, I'm a right one fer swimmin' meself! Much better in th' salt o' th' sea, though." He says, in his best imitation of the sailors back home. "Aye, we'll ha' plenty o' ale! More o' a wine lover, m'self- it's better fer sharin' wit' th' ladies, ya' know. 'Asides, wouldn' ye' be pr'ferrin' grog? " He laughs, a merry twinkle in his eyes as he watches Kalannar's reaction.

He turns in his seat to more fully face Onix, and gives him a long, appraising look. "Well, let's put it this way- I trust you not to betray us or slit anyone's throat in the middle of the night. That's the sort of thing we can expect once we get there. And yes, even from some of the children, if not most of them. I at least know you well enough by now to realize that you have a sense of honor. Whatever other faults you may have, whether rage or anything else, you've got a good head, and I can't think of anyone better suited to a search and rescue. We ALL have made mistakes, Onix, the trick is learning not to repeat them. Do I trust you? I trust you as much as I trust anyone else in this place, probably more than most. And considering where I came from, that's saying a lot. I've had just as many years of loss and pain as you, abbil, just- different kinds. But I know you want to do this as much as I do, and that's good enough for me."

He looks around the room, gauging everyone in it, as if looking for something. "Strength in numbers- yes, well, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and that's what we have to watch out for. I'd rather have a handful of people I know are competent and experienced than an army of raw recruits with no knowledge of what they're facing. But if you think they can be trusted, it'll be your call. This is your venture as much as it is mine. I haven't forgotten what you are- in fact, that training is exactly why I want you along. As for the others- I'm not so sure how many of them could make it down there......"

Edit: D'oh! Luax, you got yours in first, darn it!!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"It'll be brutal for me, no-one else. If someone else gets hurt because of my actions, then I'm not fit to be apart of this quest. Why would I stake my life on bringing these gals along if I didn't trust them. LiNeee made a mistake, yes; but so have I. They're not pretty, and usually made in the heat of the moment. If you feel that LiNeee, Belle, and Phoebey aren't trustworthy, that's fine; but know this then, there's strength in numbers," the clone said to Lothir, and then proceeded to look at Luexena and Delrum, then glanced back to the bard with an expression of all seriousness on it.

"Lothir you forget [b:1yt5a804]what[/b:1yt5a804] I am. I'm a clone and as such I've been given a variety of training to take on all types of situations; stealth-type operations are within my grasp. Oh and Lothir, don't forget, I can't be trusted anymore than LiNee, Phoebey and Bella can. You think that I have a grasp on my rage and uproar of emotions; but I don't and you know it. The only thing I do have on them is a cap. Don't forget Lothir, I've had damn near 7 decades of rage, sorrow, loss, and pain welled up inside me and I still haven't realised its full potential yet. I've seen what you've done my friend, and I don't blame you. But ask yourself this, if what you did to my enemies a while back was spur of the moment, instantaneous rage at them, what would 70 years of all those emotions raging inside me. Can [b:1yt5a804]you[/b:1yt5a804] truly trust me? Can you honestly look at me and think that I'm trustworthy?"

[color=indigo:1yt5a804]"Oh, um, Onix....." Phoebey turned to the Clone and smirked; "incase you were wondering, this is Destiny; who is actually Bella." Phoebey told him and Bella gave a small wave, her ebony hair swaying like that of the mares mane that she once was, "Vendui."[/color:1yt5a804]

"Ahh; that would explain my confusion," the clone chuckled, suddenly realizing that he was an idiot for not even bothering to figure out where Bella had come from.
Onix inclined his head towards Bella; "Pleasure to meet you, Bella."

[color=indigo:1yt5a804]"however, after tonights...Events. I'm not too overly sure that they will want someone such as me to attend. After all I over-reacted over something I caused, they might think me un-stable...-" Her words choked off and she let her chin drop, a small crystallized tear formed in her eye and finally rolled down her cheek like a rain-drop. No sob, no shake; just mere silence.[/color:1yt5a804]

Onix looked to LiNeee and smiled; "Trust is built on friendships, yes, this is true, but it can also be built upon past experiences that one knows what another feels." As the clone said this, he found himself unconsciously bringing a gloved hand up to LiNeee's cheek and wiping her tear away. For a moment, looking into her eyes, the clone felt somewhat at peace, though how, he knew not. Perhaps because he understood how she felt for her actions, or perhaps out of an certain protectiveness he felt for her. Either way, he didn't know. Valor's intrusive suggestion in his mind, however, did make the clone turn a shade of red, light though it was.

[i:1yt5a804]Or perhaps, merely because this drow female is attractive in more than one way to you, hmm?[/i:1yt5a804] The eagle said with a slight glimmer of mischief in his eyes.

The clone then slowly retracted his hand from LiNeee and turned his head to regard his avian companion. "Sometimes, Valor; I swear you joined me just to antagonize me."

At this, Valor ruffled his feathers at the statement; [i:1yt5a804]if that were truly the case, you would've have driven me off by now.[/i:1yt5a804]
Somehow, Onix didn't doubt that.

Veraka turns to Thalion and replies, "well if a swordsmen be what ya, then all the better, I think. Menzoberanzzan is not a place for the lighthearted."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:3qaqgssb]Grog and win' be woman's drin's![/i:3qaqgssb] He shouted at Lothir before pulling out the half drunk bottle of rum again, holding it up as if it were the most sacred object in all of creation. [i:3qaqgssb]Rum... Rum be wher' th' real drin' is a'! Besides.. If ya nee' drin' t' woo a lass, i' jus' means ya be lookin' t' 'ide somethin' in th' sack.[/i:3qaqgssb] He grinned widely now at his own jest before uncorking the bottle and taking a deep swig before he tossed it over to Lothir. Both feet would then be thrusted up onto the table as he creeked his chair back at an angle, placing his hands behind his head. [i:3qaqgssb]Ya can share wit' th' dwarf.[/i:3qaqgssb]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena watched the ...scene between the two and sighed. She could see the clone's compassion, she could see the tear shed. But she did not see what she wanted to see, hoped to see. The remorse. It was not there. The woman was just concerned that they would not believe her. For a moment Luexena found herself wondering if it was just a ruse and if Onix just got himself into a web of seduction woven by a skillful spider; more so she was worried since she saw how quickly LiNeee was jumping from smile to tear and back. Was she just a good actress? Luexena had no answer yet, so she resumed watching Onix, waiting for answers to her questions.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: But where's tbe rum gone? Lol!! Calabask, that's funny!

IC: "Well, now- I never said I NEEDED it to woo a lass, but it certainly doesn't hurt, eh? The drow catches the bottle Kalannar tosses, takes a long drink himself, and passes it back. "Never been much for rum- unless it's got a touch of coconut. And grog is just too weak. But my father's crew liked it well enough- sometimes a little TOO well."

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

(OOC: Was at work today. XD )

A finger slid along her cheek and she found her eyes closing in the sheer pleasure of how it felt; LiNeee sighed before opening her eyes, but the feeling was gone too soon. Her mood swings were messing with her head; she shook her head, apologising as she rose from the booth, placed a palm against the wooden table top and volted over Onix with anticipated grace. [i:3gbd8hbh]"I'm sorry, I just..."[/i:3gbd8hbh] She shook her head, her face scrunching as if in confusion; or worse, pain. However, she didn't wait for the sympathy she sought, instead she bottled it up inside her heart, turned on her heel and headed for the doors, the cloak around her coming slightly undone; showing one of her shoulders. Upon it; right above her shoulder blade and below her neck; was a scar, an ingraved spider web. It glistened ever so slightly against the Inn light; and than she was gone.

Phoebey looked up after her, eyes going from Onix; observing how he would act, she half felt the need to go after her though as she went to get up Bella had a hand around her shoulder pulling her back. [i:3gbd8hbh][color=darkblue:3gbd8hbh]"Do you remember last time this happened Phoebey? The girl needs to vent. She'll probably go jump into the lake or something... Who knows. Though you don't want to be there when she loses it."[/i:3gbd8hbh][/color:3gbd8hbh] Bella looked to Onix with somewhat of a stern look, eyebrows nitting together; a clear indication of [i:3gbd8hbh]stay put[/i:3gbd8hbh], though easilly mistaken for, [i:3gbd8hbh]it's your job to go after her.[/i:3gbd8hbh] Phoebey sighed and nestled back into the booth, crossing her arms with a look of annoyance etching across her most always placid face. She didn't say anything, except; [color=darkred:3gbd8hbh][i:3gbd8hbh]"fine."[/i:3gbd8hbh][/color:3gbd8hbh]
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena observed... frowning even more now at the display. [i:1fvh6ri7]I am surprised she's survived that long...[/i:1fvh6ri7] She thought, folding her arms across her chest, watching LiNeee running out. The priestess' silvery brows were furrowed as she was trying to decide if LiNeee just flipped or it was an attempt of emotional blackmail. Luexena seen both before. [i:1fvh6ri7]So unstable? Or such a good manipulator? Or just so desperately desiring attention?[/i:1fvh6ri7] Again the thought came to her, and either answer was not comforting. [i:1fvh6ri7]Either of that could mean our death in the Night Below.[/i:1fvh6ri7] Her gaze shifted to Onix and Luexena waited for him to take off after the drowess. Afterall he was just a male, and rather nicely webbed up and a right string was pulled right now. [i:1fvh6ri7]He will follow, most likely.[/i:1fvh6ri7] The priestess sighed, speaking up quietly now, to Lothir and Kalannar. [i:1fvh6ri7]I've seen such behaviour before. And ...I've seen how dangerous it is. I've led the enclave in Deepingdale for several years. We've been gaining alies... losing our own people... fighting... dying... losing and winning... I learnt that one who can't control their emotions at all can doom those who're with them.[/i:1fvh6ri7] She shook her head softly, unsettled. [i:1fvh6ri7]I've learnt that careful planning of a dangerous mission cannot be influenced by emotions.[/i:1fvh6ri7]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar caught the bottle and grinned, taking another sip from it. He seemed to be in good spirits even with Linee's outburst, though that did catch his attention. He fell silent a moment, watching the display, the gaze that he had locked on her something akin to what one might see when someone saw someone fall out of a turnip wagon. When the drowess had left, he'd gaze back to lothir and Luexana, shaking his head a bit causing those crimson locks to drift about in front of that gray green face of his, which also reminded him that he needed to tie it back. [i:2yrq58dz]I be thinkin' tha' one is a nutter. Sh' no' be goin' wit' us. Is she?[/i:2yrq58dz]
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

Outside, LiNeee stormed through the darkening night towards the gardens, feet slipping and sliding as she pushed herself up the hill. The grass was damp; dew gathering on it. LiNeee was shaking; with fury, with confusion, with humility, with everything. She felt like falling apart. [i:1ki4g77n]"They just don't understand!"[/i:1ki4g77n] She yelled at herself, throwing her foot into the side of a large rock; hearing several crunches she cried out and dropped to her knee's; shaking her head, [i:1ki4g77n]"do I understand? Or am I really losing it.... No, I'm not... I just..."[/i:1ki4g77n] LiNeee took a deep; steadying breath and let it out; [i:1ki4g77n]"I'm just different...."[/i:1ki4g77n] She told herself, climbing onto the rock as she was already in view of the lake.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The clone was astonished at how tightly-squeezed, super-coiled her emotions were. Onix was sure that she just needed to lose some steam, but the mention of her jumping off into a lake or something of the like put an expression on his face that only Lothir or Zarae would've seen before, and that expression was when one of his squadmates or friends was in danger becasue of his actions.

Hearing Bella and easily deciphering her suggestion, Onix took a deep breath, and turned back to the group, but saying to Valor, [i:2l8eqdy7]Well, that worked well.[/i:2l8eqdy7]

Onix looked over to Luexena, having heard her questions earlier, but letting his thoughts get in the way.
Looking the priestess in the eye, he replied "To your questions, Miss Luexena, I will answer to the best of my ability. First off, I trust everyone I meet implicitly to begin with, I was trained to. Doing so reveals more about a person than one might think. Second, I do not know if I made it clear earlier, but perhaps a little greeting is in order for those who do not know me. I am Onix, Theta-180, clone super-soldier of an army within a different galaxy then this one. That being said, I by the very nature of my existence, am expendable. I know this, as such, I am not worried so much about my existence. If I die, I die, it's just that simple. If I live, then I live to fight another day."

He breathed out slowly, then continued; "To start off with, I am not taking this mission lightly, Miss Luexena; I'm weighing it as heavy as I would any mission with my squad. What I [b:2l8eqdy7]am[/b:2l8eqdy7] doing however, is gauging who we could potentially bring with us. I learned a long time ago that a team that is not diversified in the art of warfare dies quickly, without remorse and without the slightest chance surviving. If these ladies can offer some assistance in this mission that I'm going on with Lothir, then so be it; I'll accept them. I'm not sure how betrayal is dealt with here on Toril, or among your races; but where I come from we have a saying. 'Those whom are treacherous only see the light of day once.' Reason for that; simple because, if anyone is found out to be betraying me, my brothers, or my fellow marines, then I kill them, right then and right there; I don't ask questions about the mitigating circumstances, and I don't see a need to. Reason is because that person had their chance, my team and I gave them the chance and they misused it. So we eliminate the problem. I've done this before, on multiple accounts, and I'm not above doing it again. If one possess a threat to any of my friends or this mission, then, in my eyes, they are no longer apart of the equation."
When Onix said this, there was an icy cold to his voice, as if he meant every word of it.
"However," he continued, "if I know what the problem, or reason is prior to that betrayal, I will then stay my hand."

"You're right, Luexena; trust is built over time, and that is what forms a good team; however, don't forget this. Trust that is built to that degree, can also lead to an emotional breakdown on the field. I'm not to disagree with you, quite the contrary. I'm just simply stating some things that I've learned over my years of surviving on battle to the next. However, I will take your advice and be cautious; I've just learned to trust my instincts on decisions like this, that's all. Call it a sergeant's intuition. Also, Miss Luexena, while having a small band of trusted friends is excellent, trust is built upon missions like this; I, for one, met several worthy friends on my first excursion on Toril's surface, and while each of them may have been interesting, and a little bit eccentric in their own right, each of them proved to be truthful to who they were and are now engraved in my memory for as long as I live. They were no different than this situation right now. All fresh starting meeting me and my squad, and all came through."

[i:2l8eqdy7]Ahem; not that I like interrupting you're bantering, Onix, but you might want to see to your female fatal before she becomes exactly that,[/i:2l8eqdy7] Valor intruded in his thoughts.

"Now, if you'll all excuse me, I've got a lass to see to." With that, the clone excused himself from his seat, walked out the door from the Inn, and looked around, his eyes searching for details as to where LiNeee ran off to.

[i:2l8eqdy7]Allow me, blind-one,[/i:2l8eqdy7] Valor says, extending his huge wings and taking off into the sky. It was less than a minute that Valor took off that he reported back; [i:2l8eqdy7]keep running straight, near the lake, you'll find her.[/i:2l8eqdy7]
That was all the clone needed to know as he engaged his OMNI armor into max speed. Onix blazed a path toward the lake; within seconds he was where he needed to be. Disengaging his armor, the clone overheard LiNeee's angry voice.

[color=indigo:2l8eqdy7]"They just don't understand!" She yelled at herself, throwing her foot into the side of a large rock; hearing several crunches she cried out and dropped to her knee's; shaking her head, "do I understand? Or am I really losing it.... No, I'm not... I just..." LiNeee took a deep; steadying breath and let it out; "I'm just different...."[/color:2l8eqdy7]

"Yes, you are different," Onix said as he strode up behind LiNeee, his eyes locked on her; "that's what makes you unique among others. Plus you're a very beautiful woman, I might add." Not knowing her reaction, the clone braced himself, mentally, for whatever might come.

((OOC: Oh and Delrum: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjdmCVReCcw:2l8eqdy7]Why is the rum gone?[/url:2l8eqdy7]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He watches LiNeee darts outside, and sighs as Onix follows her out. "I know I told him he could find a girl," he says softly after he has left, "but did he really have to pick an unstable one?" He shakes his head in disbelief.