Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Alaun-raena
Maid
Maid

Post by Alaun-raena »

Grinning as large as she could she hooked an arm around a thick branch and cata-palted herself forwards, landing on yet another branch. This one lower to the ground, perhaps a metre upwards. Another metre away and Phoebey was sitting in the dirt, LiNeee close by along with Bella. She hadn't seemed to even notice the minotaur going at the tree until she felt the branch sway from under her, knees wobbling to keep up with the sudden jolt. [b:1zr6gqbn]"Get away!"[/b:1zr6gqbn] She cried, licking at her fangs as she let her wide eyes linger down onto the beast. She was definitly a rare case for a Drow. Angry all the time; blood thirsty even. All she wanted was to win. That's what her mama told her, stay strong, keep kicking.

Again she grinned but this time she bent her knees and launched herself off the branch, once her feet touced the floor she made several hops until she found herself infront of Onix. [b:1zr6gqbn]"So you chose to save the girls life. Why? Is she important in some way? An asset? Or is it because of the girl?"[/b:1zr6gqbn] She looked over to LiNeee with a sly smile, tilting her head to emphasize it.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Of all things Phoebey's would-be assassin could ask Onix, it was why he'd saved her. Feeling adrenaline surge through his blood, the clone locked eyes with the female drow, his own blood-crimson eyes glowing.

"They're called [b:2kiu8moq]reflexes[/b:2kiu8moq], amateur," he replied with an ungodly calm.
"Anyone whose been around death as much as I have would have them the same. As to why I saved Phoebey? Simple really. You presented a threat to her life; I reacted and removed it." He added how matter-of-fact he was by shrugging his shoulders.

Onix then looked to LiNeee and grinned; "The fact that I have a deep affection for her friend, LiNeee, is an added bonus." Onix kept his cool as he took two steps and brought himself within two inches of the assassin.
"Why do you care; gotta a problem with it?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Alaun-raena
Maid
Maid

Post by Alaun-raena »

[b:3gi81qk7]"Not really,"[/b:3gi81qk7] Alaun replied, rolling her neck to the side and letting her eyes stay locked to his. [b:3gi81qk7]"Sometimes in life you lose loved ones. I'd remember that before you get too close to her."[/b:3gi81qk7] She than turned towards LiNeee, dancing over to her with a hop to her already gracious step. [b:3gi81qk7]"Watch your back,"[/b:3gi81qk7] -she whispered now severely close to the girl- [b:3gi81qk7]"never know who may be watching it for you."[/b:3gi81qk7] Without letting the girl reply, Alaun brang a dagger around from her belt, swung it around in her fingers so Onix could see and shoved it towards LiNeee stomach, not aiming for anything [i:3gi81qk7]too[/i:3gi81qk7] severe if it were to hit.

Straight after the rogue flicked her tongue out across the girls cheek and vanished into the brush.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[quote:189tmkde]"Watch your back," -she whispered now severely close to the girl- "never know who may be watching it for you." Without letting the girl reply, Alaun brang a dagger around from her belt, swung it around in her fingers so Onix could see and shoved it towards LiNeee stomach, not aiming for anything too severe if it were to hit. [/quote:189tmkde]

LiNeee sucked in a large breath as she heard the dagger being spun against the assassins fingers; a small hiss touched her lips and she snapped her fingers down to her own belt; slicing it across her stomach to meet Alauns with hers. [i:189tmkde]"I don't need to watch it!"[/i:189tmkde] She hissed again, though grunted when Alauns dagger hit her hip, slicing the skin cleanly along with the dress she had put on, though thankfully missing the cloak.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

If the assassin thought she could ignore the rest of people and simply waltz toward LiNeee, she was mistaken. Luexena was close, watching from Ethereal concealment and as SOON as Alaun moved toward the other drowess, a prayer was whispered and Erel'lua'ae began to glow, charged with [i:2psc0mtz]Divine power[/i:2psc0mtz]. Then the priestess made a swing with her blade, wounding the odd assassin rather badly and knocking her onto the ground - of course only if her strike reach it's aim and catch the drow flatfootted. And that was BEFORE the drowess attempted to hide in the bushes. Luexena was ready to -kill- the woman, as she was a threat and needed to be dealt with swiftly.

[color=darkred:2psc0mtz]//Okay, Alaun, some rules for encounters like this. Claim your action but do not claim autosuccess - it's not fair toward the others. So do not assume your assassin could brush past all, speak up, try to stab one of them and then leave and no one would even move from the spot. Let us react, that is what the RP is. It is not about autowin. it's an interraction between the players. You do something, we do something in return. Autowin = godmoding. Not cool.[/color:2psc0mtz][/size:2psc0mtz]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir walks back out of the inn, wondering where everyone went- while he waits for the cook to finish his special order. At that moment, he sees Onix throw a dagger to intercept an arrow- then all Hells breaks loose. Before he knows what's happening, a strange female is beside Li'Neee,

"Alright. you're not getting away THAT easy!" He says, and swiftly casts animate rope on one of the ropes from the carts to snake toward the would-be assassin to tie her up.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar had been resting near the stables, drinking from his freshly pilfered stock with a grin on his face. He knew the others would likely look for him soon, to see where he had gone too, and he planned to make as much a game of it as he could. He considered jumping to the roof, perhaps, but then shook his head and thought differently. At the sound of commotion coming from the inn, the half drow would blink a bit and break off into a run towards it. Seeing a large tree, he'd move into it's shadow, his own form obscuring and dissapearing as he watched the events unfold in front of him. Slowly he'd move towards Linee, seeking to place himself between her and the assassin, at least until he heard the battle cry of Delrum rising from the inn's doorway.

Delrum, had cleaned up from his unintended ale bath. It wasn't the worst thing that could have happened, not in the least, though he still didn't know whom had done it. He had gathered his gear regardless and began to head outside when he saw the assassin appear. Taking it to be perhaps his thief he'd let out a loud battlecry and held up his shield like a battering ram as he charged at them.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=indigo:34uqjyfl]"Not really," Alaun replied, rolling her neck to the side and letting her eyes stay locked to his. "Sometimes in life you lose loved ones. I'd remember that before you get too close to her."[/color:34uqjyfl]

Onix let his anger rise up to the near boiling point as the drow said those words. However, when she pulled out a knife from her belt and slashed at LiNeee, Onix felt his wrath spike. Not only out of some defensive reason, but out of a protectiveness he felt for LiNeee. The clone drew his twin katanas from their sheaths on his back, activated their vibration generators, and jumped at the assassin, slashing downward in a crisscrossing, over-head arc, right as Luexena launched her swing at the assassin.

The clone's katanas, razor edged as they were, would cut right through assassin and whatever armor she happened to be wearing, should they connect physically to her own flesh.
Last edited by veraka on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Thalion rocked back in the chair and closed his eyes. He opened one eye slightly at the commotion but soon closed it again, seeming the picture of a relaxing elf on the edge of reverie. In actuality though, he was listening and taking mental note of all the appearant weaknesses and strengths of those who were to be going on the quest. He felt that, even though he was merely an add-on, it was his responsibiltiy to make sure that once in the city of the drow, he could properly cover for all these dramatic antics, and that, in truth, was what took up most of his thoughts.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Alaun-raena
Maid
Maid

Post by Alaun-raena »

Alaun waited for them all to hit [i:r8bytckz]wrath[/i:r8bytckz] level, which came rather fast she thought as Leuxana and Onix both made swings for her back; Delrum charged at her with a shield and another was creeping up; maybe to step inbetween them she wasn't sure. LiNeee had hissed at her; though the distinct grunt as her dagger sliced through hip made her smile with lust. [b:r8bytckz]"Feels good, right?"[/b:r8bytckz] She lipped sarcastically. [b:r8bytckz]"This should feel even better then!"[/b:r8bytckz] Alaun sheathed her dagger and whipped her hands up to grab LiNeee's shoulders. If she didn't move Alaun would wisk her around to the front; making it innevotable for both Leuxana's and Onix's attacks to miss her. LiNeee would be shredded; literally. As for the charging shield, Alaun had no mind for it. By the time he reached her; LiNeee would have three swords deep within her body.
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[i:2qtzl7tw][[You did it again...[/i:2qtzl7tw][/size:2qtzl7tw]

LiNeee was shocked at just how close this Assassin woman was to her, how far she was going. To do what exactly? [i:2qtzl7tw]Kill her![/i:2qtzl7tw] Her mind shouted, clinging to any thought she had left for at that moment, she was utterly frozen. Some ten years ago, her father had played this card. He had [i:2qtzl7tw]hired[/i:2qtzl7tw] an assassin to slink into her dorm one night and to attack her. Never to stop until LiNeee wasn't breathing. That night she'd remember for all eternity, her father laughing as LiNeee walked out of the dorm very much alive, though looking more deceased than she could ever imagine.

As fingers grabbled at her shoulders; she had no reflexes to twist away. They were there, but she was in deep thought motion, all body language gone. Though as the Assassin brought her around the front; the small image of LiNeee, wide eyes and hands flaying up infront of her, would all be seen. [i:2qtzl7tw]"No!"[/i:2qtzl7tw] She shouted as Onix swung his blades at her, Leuxana just the same. [i:2qtzl7tw][color=darkblue:2qtzl7tw]LiNeee don't move! Stand still![/i:2qtzl7tw][/color:2qtzl7tw] Came Bella's voice from within her head, LiNeee went as still as she could, eyes closing as if she expected the katana's and sword to pierce her at any moment.

Behind her came a tremendous roar, a sound that filled the night and sent even the buzzards screaming out of the vicinity. Standing at thirty feet high and another forty feet long, Bella let another roar rip as her mighty jaws opened to reveal rows of sharp teeth. Looking further back, down the throat of a now humungous dragon, flames could be seen spiralling. Bella let her jaws snap shut as she took a few steps forwards; tilting her long neck down she ruffled a pair of wings on her back before illuminating them up each side of her large body; LiNeee thought of sails everytime she saw them.

LiNeee's eyes popped open on the last [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ4pLqdW ... d:2qtzl7tw]roar[/url:2qtzl7tw], her dagger in hand as she leapt forwards, feet diving into the ground almost as she pushed off with such strength to send her body twisting; up into the air and over both Onix and Leuxana's head. The shielded Delrum would reach the Assassin at about that moment, and both Onix and Leuxana would pentrate her.

All thanks to Bella of course who was now behind the assassin with her jaws open and flame almost protruding from behind her teeth. LiNeee landed in a small crouch behind it all, her hand going to her hip; the slice was larger than she thought.

[[OOC: The Dragon in the clip is what Bella looks like. :) And 4th paragraph is not an auto-hit or control of others characters. Just stating that if Onix, Leuxana and Delrum continued with their attack they'd get her. =] <3 ]]
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[color=darkred:2gyuzcu3]((Sorry for the ooc again - But Luexena was in a Sanctuary and thus unseen, her attack was not expected - and she launched it as the drowess was speaking and before jabbing at LiNeee. So Alaeun would not have a chance to -speak-, then -sheathe- the dagger and do a -grapple- of LiNeee and then to -try- and place the woman infront of herself. To see a sneak, your character should have rather high senses. To be able to move LiNeee like this, your character should be rather strong. (Besides, your assassin simply did not have enough time for this action, so either duck the blows or catch them?) Let's just be realistic here >.> Again apologies for the ooc rant.[/color:2gyuzcu3][/size:2gyuzcu3]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

As all this is going on, the bard narrows his eyes, and flicks his hand out toward the drow assassin, directing the rope to coil around her arms and legs. "Nice try, elg'caress, but you forgot about me. That was your third mistake. The first was coming here. The second was thinking you could harm someone on the grounds of this inn without suffering the consequences." He says it very calmly, though with an expression that says he is fully willing to go as far as needed.

A moment later, amid the commotion, the tall golden-skinned knight strides out, takes one look around, and spots the source of all the trouble. He draws his longsword, and points it at the strange woman who seems to be the target of everyone's ire. The light gleams brightly off of the polished mithril breastplate with its holy symbol of Sorden hammered into it. "Evil has no place here! Surrender, or be damned!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena was not going to stop her swing and as LiNeee leaped away, her blade would collide with the assassin's flesh unless by some miracle the fearless drow would manage to escape it. -- Though clearly by this time of all the motions happening, the -hit- would have been delivered as in reality one swift strike lasts a mere second - not enough time to speak and perform several other actions. As the swing was finished - despite of its result, the priestess was visible again, shaking off the Ethereal concealment fully.
Alaun-raena
Maid
Maid

Post by Alaun-raena »

(( Happy chappy you r aint ya. Ha. ))

Her senses were devouring her, rather easilly at that. She had made a mistake, how? She didn't know. All she knew was that somewhere along the line she mixed something up, especially when she felt the sting of a sword slice her, the pain too brilliant to know where. A second later ropes tied her and she fell to a heap against the stone covered ground; frowning. [b:1tvzcsqr]''This isn't the end, you'll get more where I came from!''[/b:1tvzcsqr] She spat, writhing with the ropes. Her bow was sticking into the newly made slice the priestess had given to her, how had she imagined that she hadn't been there.. Maybe she was there all along. Alaun looked over to Leux and sneered, [b:1tvzcsqr]''you'll be after the other female.''[/b:1tvzcsqr] And that was all she said.