Half Moon Inn: Part 5

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:2vvzckza]A bat' do be soundin' fine.[/i:2vvzckza] The half drow replied, grinning a bit as he took a sip froma second bottle. [i:2vvzckza]As for th' drin'. It be ale[/i:2vvzckza]. Of course he was going to offer her a sip from one of those. He liked his damn rum, and he wasn't about to share any.. Yet. Afterall, what would he do when all the rum was gone? It wasn't a thought he wished to dwell on. [i:2vvzckza]Ya did goo' though. S' ya shou' be proud o' tha'.[/i:2vvzckza] He took a swig again of that same drink before passing her one of the ale bottles. He still wondered about what she may have been so upset about before, and thought now, perhaps that if he got her drunk enough, she might actually divulge that bit of information. [i:2vvzckza]Ya a ligh' weigh'? Or 'eavy weigh' when i' come's ta drinkin'?[/i:2vvzckza]
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:3uuqrlb2]Listening the crow-faced foreigner nods, and a number of times in fact, absorbing the information. At first he sees no reason he should approve of or, wish to join the little expedition, but the final words from Veraka, have the warrior bird narrowing his eyes, and one hand wringing the hilt of his upper katana, the tsuba distinctly fashioned with designs of the Sun, and a variation of a pheonix that looks somewhat like a rooster. The sister blade, the tsuba displays moon phases, interwoven by imagery of Tien Lung, the Celestial Dragon. Before the explanation is done, it is all he can do to restrain his disgust and outrage. [/i:3uuqrlb2]'Fanatically evil people, forcing children to follow the same ways?' [i:3uuqrlb2]he can only imagine the methods of breaking such raw innocence so early, as he thinks of this. At last, the explanation is done, eyes shut for a moment, considering his orders, and his honor, then declares, [/i:3uuqrlb2]"I travel with you then. Besides, someone must teach your undisciplined Oni friend how to use a katana." [i:3uuqrlb2]Not that most people here would know what an Oni is likely, but a nod of his head in the appropriate direction, indicates Onix.[/i:3uuqrlb2]
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:3venkumq]I hardly drink at all.[/i:3venkumq] She accepted the bottle hesitantly, then sank her fingernails into the cork, prying it out before sniffing at the ale and wincing. [i:3venkumq]Ah, whatever[/i:3venkumq]. With a gentle flick of her wrist the young woman swirled the dark liquid in the bottle before tilting it to pour herself a glass. The cork returned in place and she watched the foamy brew in the glass for a moment before finally bracing herself and taking a sip.

[i:3venkumq]Proud? I am just doing my Lady's work. It's Her power that fills me and it was Her will that the two lives were restored. But it does not happen all the time.[/i:3venkumq] Luexena took another sip, swirling the ale in the glass idly, thoughtful, speaking quietly. [i:3venkumq]I am concerned that the child's death happened from the hands of a kin who claims to be a sister in faith. And she grinned, leaving a dead child on the ground there. That... is what upsets me the most about it. That they all were going to just leave and go on as if nothing happened[/i:3venkumq].

[i:3venkumq]I do understand one lashing out in anger, desperation when the mind is clouded and the actions precede throughts. Been there too, myself. But I can't understand and accept the way it was handled afterwards.[/i:3venkumq]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard sighs, not quite certain what to think of the stranger's offer to join. "I'm not certain that would be wise. There is great danger in what we are doing, and if you'll pardon the observation, you would most definitely stand out among my people. We are trying to seek out those willing to turn away from those ways, preferably without getting ourselves into too much trouble. That's why this venture must be carried out with some subterfuge. If the natives discover our true purpose, we would all be as good as dead. Drow are not known for being merciful."

He looks over at the priestess for a moment, then gets a thoughtful, almost troubled look for a moment, then tun back to Veraka. "Pardon me, there is something I need to discuss." He says absently, then moves quietly over to Luaxena. He pauses a few steps from her for a moment, as if trying to decide something, or perhaps gathering his nerve. Then he pulls out the nearest chair and sits down beside her. He is silent for a moment, then looks at her as he starts to speak, his words coming hesitantly.

"Thank you for what you did out there. I can't help thinking that I should have tried it myself. I feel stupid for not thinking of it.And I heard what you said about being concerned. So am I, to tell the truth. And- well, can I ask you something? I need- advice. There's something that's been bothering me for a while, and I can't help thinking that if I don't talk to someone, it's going to just keep eating at me until I end up doing something like what happened out there."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=indigo:2yls4s5i]"no, no of course not. Take a seat," she insisted.[/color:2yls4s5i]

At this Onix looked a tad bit baffled as his face said that for him. However, the clone quickly regained his composure and nodded.

As he saw Phoebey grin at Li'Neee as the drowess stirred from her trance-like state.

Something inside him stirred, though only lightly, however he felt it even as he met Li'Neee's eyes with his own as she smiled at him. The clone took a seat next to Li'Neee even as Valor walked across his shoulder and inspected Li'Neee with an upside down head looking at her.
[i:2yls4s5i]A bit young for you, don't ya think?[/i:2yls4s5i] the eagle said to the clone as he pulled his feathered head back.

"What're ya talkin about ya nut-bird?" the clone asked his eagle companion.
Looking to Li'Neee, Onix said quickly; "forgive him, he's quite the inquisitive type."

[color=indigo:2yls4s5i]"So, what's the birds name?"[/color:2yls4s5i]

Onix turned to Phoebey and replied, "his name is Valor and he's harpy eagle or Toril's equivalent to one."

Veraka nodded towards the odd avian stranger, which he amazingly recognizes as a Tengu.
"It would seem then that you and my friend are of the same mind set," the aasimar observes.

At the avian warrior's indication of Onix, Veraka turns to glance at Onix, then replies, "while my friend over there may seem like a green-horn with those twin blades on his person; however, I have never seen him truly in combat, well, perhaps once, but truly I cannot be the judge of his ability with those weapons of his."

"Might I inquire something from you, good sir? I recognize your race, though, I've rarely seen any in my lifetime. Tell me something about the Tengu." Veraka may have acted like an idiot from time to time, but he [b:2yls4s5i]was[/b:2yls4s5i] well-educated in the races of Toril, though half of that knowledge came from is wife.
Last edited by veraka on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena slid up some in her chair, straightening again, turning to face the bard, and then just studied his features for a long moment, remaining eerily silent. Finally she breathed out quietly, inclining her head, those silvery tendrils of her hair slipped onto her face, veiling it somewhat until she tucked them behind her pointed ears.

[i:21m41bbb]Ask away, brother.[/i:21m41bbb] She said softly, quietly. [i:21m41bbb]I hardly possess all wisdom in the world, but I would certainly do my best to ease your worries.[/i:21m41bbb] The woman set the glass down carefully, resting her dainty dirty hands in her lap, still paying no attention to her stained shirt. [i:21m41bbb]Perhaps you'd prefer somewhere more private?[/i:21m41bbb] She glanced to Kalannar quickly, offering an apologetic smile.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"No, it's not necessary. I guess you could say this sort of a confession." He glances around looking at the table where Onix and the girl LiNeee sit, and frowns. "What happened earlier reminded me that I've- done some things myself lately that were unbecoming of a Dancer. I feel as if I've been losing myself, becoming what I've always hated. Letting my anger get the better of me, even..." He trails off for just a few moments, and looks down, his voice growing low as if in shame. "I tortured two wizards in a battle not long ago. It was shortly before Vala and her brother got here. I cut off the hands and the ears of one, just to see his face, and the other- well, there's a spell I learned years ago, one I never thought I'd use, because it is thoroughly evil. But I used it against one of those wizards, and now- I feel horrible about it. The worst part is, I KNEW what I was doing. I just didn't care."

He takes a deep breath, and looks back up at her as if hoping for forgiveness. "Seeing what happened out there really drove home just how close I've been to skirting the edge. I can't talk to Vala about it, and Palax- he would just see it as proof that I'm not worthy of her. He would only use it against me. How do I live with this? What's wrong with me?" He looks at her with an almost pleading expression, and there are hints of tears in his eyes. "How can I tell her what she did was wrong, when I did something just as bad- maybe worse?"

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The priestess listened to the confession quietly, patiently, her expression never changed, she did not appear to be taken aback even in the slightest. Slowly then she reached over and touched his temple lightly with her fingertips - if he did not withdraw of course. [i:39u1w21e]Trust me. We all go through such. Not so long ago I was rather consumed by rage and grief myself. Perhaps saying and doing things what I was supposed to.

But please, brother, consider this... The life in the Lady's light in not a place you walk in and dwell without any trouble. It is a hard life-long journey to finally join Her in Her domain. It's a long and winded path, and sometimes people lose their way. Some are able to return. Some decide to go astray. Our path is a thin line between the two warring worlds. The Night Above and the Night Below. Our task is to try and promote harmony and joy, beauty and peace, among all races.[/i:39u1w21e]

Luexena's lavender gaze locked upon the bard's face before she glanced to Kalannar to see if he's listening to her as well. Then again those slanted eyes of the priestess peered deep into Lothir's. [i:39u1w21e]I am glad you're feeling remorse, kin. That means you've returned to your path now. We are called to joy. So keep your mind locked on it. [/i:39u1w21e]Her soft voice dropped to a whisper now.[i:39u1w21e] Some believe the call of the spider is still in us. The darkness instilled still stirs now and then, seeking to consume us. And it is so easy to give in...[/i:39u1w21e] Her lips curled in a vague smile as she watched them both, with compassion and understanding, addressing Lothir. [i:39u1w21e]Life is a sequence of choices we make. Daily. Do not forget your past mistakes, brother. Feel regret but do not let it hinder the joy you have in the Goddess' light.

And you can tell the girl she was wrong because you've BEEN there too. You -know- how it feels. You know what urges come to us. Use your mistakes for your own betterment and for the benefit of those who are around you. Learn from them and teach others, with kindness. Eilistraee does not come to us when we're weak. She joins us when we stand strong in our faith in Her. There was a time when my people, my enclave was under the pressure of a local elven community. The elves wished us to submit to them. The Goddess told me the following[/i:39u1w21e]. Her features softened and the eyes gained a sparkle to then, her face turned very young now as she recollected the words of the Goddess, smiling. [i:39u1w21e]"Walk where you are welcome. Sing where you're heard. Dance where you're free. Have no fear for I am always with you". That's Her message to all of us, dear brother.[/i:39u1w21e]

Then she'd touch his hand, if he let her. [i:39u1w21e]Sometimes... the hardest thing is forgiving yourself. Trust me. I know.[/i:39u1w21e]
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee; making even more room for the large Clone, dropped her eyes on the bird. [i:1aynmgf3]Valor[/i:1aynmgf3], was its name, and he was walking across Onix's shoulders with his head turned around, LiNeee sat, a little dumb-founded. Young? She turned to Phoebey who was in a deep whispered conversation with Bella, before she turned back to the bird and Onix. [color=green:1aynmgf3][i:1aynmgf3]"forgive him, he's quite the inquisitive type,"[/color:1aynmgf3][/i:1aynmgf3] Onix told her as he looked down at her, she felt a sudden flush in her cheeks and made a point to thank the Goddess later that it couldn't be seen.

[i:1aynmgf3]"I don't mind a bit, as you can see I travel with just the likes,"[/i:1aynmgf3] LiNeee shot a glance at Phoebey who grinned, [color=darkred:1aynmgf3][i:1aynmgf3]"Valor, what an excellent name for a bird!"[/i:1aynmgf3][/color:1aynmgf3] Phoebey declared; giving a smug smirk to LiNeee who had rolled her eyes.

Her spirit seemed to be lifting; but she couldn't help that slow dread that filled every aching muscle. Everything had changed in a matter of mere minutes, a boy had died, along with a companion she'd held so dearly for decades. Both had re-risen; she made a point to look out at Leux at that moment, would she thank the girl later or recieve a lecture? Sighing LiNeee hung her head, breathing in the soft scents of the Inn. After a moments silence she got the courage to look up, Onix was telling Phoebey about the bird. After he'd finished she sliced in with an inquiry before Phoebey could go on a verbal rampage;

[i:1aynmgf3]"So Onix, do tell us about this trip you and Lothir over there intend on setting off for, you have me captivated..."[/i:1aynmgf3] LiNeee swivelled a little in the booth so she could face him more front-on, a shy, small smile playing on her dry lips.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Ay! A quest ya say?" Thalion began, "savin' them spidery folks from the hungry maw o' their own goddess? Sounds a right bit o' fun! Danger, too, ya say? Well, ya see, good sirs and madams," He said as he bowed low, one hand hold the bagpipes behind his back, "dangerous jobs be me speciality ya might be sayin' and i'd be right o'erjoyed if ya let me at yer quest as well."
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar nodded to Luexana's words and then to Lothir as he sat at the table. The man took another sip from his bottle, which was now, mostly empty. Not wanting to run out, he corked it and stowed it in bag before taking his second bottle of ale and popping the cork, taking a sip from it's contents. He listened to the two talk, and quirked a brow at Luexana's speech. He was only half paying attention to it, his eyes wandering about, though when she mentioned being filled with anger and rage, he quirked a brow and began to wonder if those feelings were related to the display of woe she had shown him earlier at the lake. [i:3qkh5idp] I always foun' forgivvin' myself t' be rathe' easy. The' again. Coul' blame tha' on m' upbrin'in'.[/i:3qkh5idp]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

She glanced to Kalannar now and smiled lightly. [i:2ijch46c]It is not easy when you know you failed yourself and those that trust you... and your deity. It's not easy when you strive to become better, to aspire to something... greater than it is expected from our kinsmen.[/i:2ijch46c] Luexena shook her head again and looked to Lothir in the eye, seeing his pain. It was making her want to embrace him and soothe him, though she held back, not wishing to cause any discomfort. [i:2ijch46c]Not easy when you can't undo what was done, no matter how much you wish to...[/i:2ijch46c]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix smirked at the LiNeee's little comment, where Valor turned his head to her, confused.

Then, the bird said to Onix alone; [i:36p1mnlk]So what is with [b:36p1mnlk]her[/b:36p1mnlk]?[/i:36p1mnlk]

[i:36p1mnlk]You're asking me?[/i:36p1mnlk] the clone replied through his mental link.

[color=indigo:36p1mnlk]"So Onix, do tell us about this trip you and Lothir over there intend on setting off for, you have me captivated..."[/color:36p1mnlk]

"Well, we plan on heading down into Menzoberranzan to try and get as many younglings outta there as possible, as well as see if any drow truly desire freedom from this . . Spider-Queen I keep hearing about. Truthfully, my real goal is to prevent any drowlings from becoming like what happened outside. If I can get even a few outta there, then so be it, I'll take that. That's about all I know about it. If it weren't for Lothir keeping my logical side in my head, I might have already stormed down there and tried it myself."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He listens in silence to her words, the pained look still on his face. "What you said is true. I know it is not easy- the Lady knows I've been sorely tested before- but somehow this feels different. After all this time, I thought I was past that. You're right though, it IS hard to forgive myself. I thought i could stand up to almost anything- Hells, I managed to survive my homeland without ever sheeding blood- but now..." He sighs, and looks her steadily once more. "What should I do to atone for it? For that matter, CAN I?"

He glances over and hears Onix and Veraka talking to their respective partners about the quest, and suddenly chuckles, a smile forming once more. "On second thought, I think I may have already found the answer. Thank you for your councel, Lady Luaxena. I shall have to think on this more, it seems. My Lady, would you be interested in joining a little crusade? Call it missionary work in the trenches."

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Annoyed at being ignored, Thalion heaves a huge sigh and sits at the nearest empty seat. He pulls a large flask from his belt and downs a huge gulp before placing his elbows on the table and staring into empty space.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.