A Clone Encounter (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard looks back at Zarae with a devilish grin. "Maybe the fact that it was working?" he teases, then gives her a mock salute. "Besides, I would hate for you to start thinking I was just a painted up Moon elf instead of a TRUE drow. I just wanted to prove I could still be as devious as the next Argonian- at least when it suits me."

At Pyro's comment, he laughs out loud. "Of COURSE they were JEALOUS, Pyro- they probably realized that there was finally someone around who KNEW how to do it!!" He snickers, and claps the clone's back jovially. "But, hey- I could always give you some pointers if you want to, y'know- stand out from the crowd, so to speak..." (OOC: Yes, he's a cocky little devil, at times...)

Then he downs the rest of his glass, and finally tosses it to the floor and simply takes a long pull straight from the bottle. He hands another bottle to Zarae, and gives her a teasing look. "I dunno- you weren't here for the little bru-haha earlier. Four against twelve? They should have brought more..."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar grumbled as Lynx walked off from the group. No longer with a map, the drow would chase after her only for the turbo lift to seal shut just before he reached it. He'd let out a scowl and mutter off a number of curses at the device before stalking back to Onix. [i:2glbgboj]Do you have a device that can track her and make another map?[/i:2glbgboj]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Getting no response from the man, Lynx shrugged, wondering if her question was too hard. She frowned, hugging the bag with powdered quartz against herself, watching the doors closing, then opening. The elf expected the change of location, but still was surprised to see a completely new hall. Cautiously she stepped out and activated the hologram again, moving down the hall to find the spots she chose for the glyphs.

Some time after those glowing runes were set in place and Lynx made her way back to the turbolift and froze in place. A marine stood by the very first ward she placed on this deck, examining it, before reaching over to wipe it off the wall. [i:1ept3uws]Hey now![/i:1ept3uws] Her temper flared, she was already tired at this point and instead of relaxing with the rest, she was working on the magical protection of this place only to find one of the dummies ruining her work. [i:1ept3uws]Don't touch it![/i:1ept3uws]

The man persisted, brushing one of the lines off, the integrity of the symbol was damaged and the glowing faded, the glyph was deactivated. Lynx growled a little. [i:1ept3uws]You're breaking the wards! Don't do it! - Wards? Means there is more of that 'art' of yours?[/i:1ept3uws] The man smirked, spotting another glyph down the hall and turning to head that way. The wizardess' lips quirked and she reached to her belt, taking out a little vial of oil, which she tossed under the man's feet, shattering it, murmuring an incantation, the floor beneath him covered with a layer of rather slippery grease. He took another step, not noticing the change at first, and - much to Lynx' delight, slipped, landing upon his face with a thud.

[i:1ept3uws]I warned you.[/i:1ept3uws] She said, smirking a bit, watching the proud marine cussing, wriggling upon the greased floor. Then the girl blinked, seeing him reaching to what seemed to be a weapon, and she turned, rushing all way back to the turbolift - she saw what their weapons could do and was not taking any chances.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((so its clones/Faeraunians vs. marines now?))

she just rolled her eyes and shook her head, tho she had to chuckle.
"i dont think any of us here have to worry bout that. tho dont forget, I am just as much [i:1k6xbrcl]ilythiiri[/i:1k6xbrcl]," she replied keeping the mood going.
looking around to see that Shade had began a small web in the far dark corner she noticed one who might have noticed staring up at the ceiling, but he also looked a little drunk and most likely the others thought he was just seeing things.
"i think I would rather eat something," the harsh drink making her empty stomach feel odd at the moment. the rogue rarely drank alcoholic beverages, more so no one could get an upper hand on her. and of course the possible loss of control was another reason.
"tho, back when I was in Lith My’athar, our house had a drink I bet even a hard dwarf couldnt take. tho in truth it was more like a drug than a drink."

((dont know if u noticed, she had asked pyro earlier what was edible...;) ))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: Ok added description of the storage facility for Ryltar))

Onix looks to Zana and grins; "oh, I think we'll be able to affix something for the furball in given time."

Turning to Ryltar, the clone responds "depends on how you want to track her," he chuckled; "but for now, here," he digs into his belt pouch and pulls out another holoprojector akin to the one he gave Lynx.
"If you recall how to operate it, this projector is linked to the one she has, though I wouldn't worry too much about it, for you are going to be selecting those materials you mentioned to me.

Onix hooked a corner , tapped a botton on a control panel; with a slight sound effect, the door in front of the clone slides open. Inside was crates of materials, raw, unfinished, partially used, anything and everything that one could potentially have a use for was in there.

"You wanted to find some materials to replenish your stocks of whatever, so here you are," Onix said, waving Ryltar to go about selecting whatever he needed.
The room was huge, with stacks of sealed boxes everywhere; everything was alphabetized. The rows went all the way to the ceiling and there was a catwalk along every few rows for people to access the materials within the facility; a stairway led up to the second catwalk, followed by a third one lead up to the third level and so on. There were a total of ten catwalk levels to the room. Everything from metals to rocks, from foodstuffs to random objects lined the walls. Onix was confident that Ryltar would find what he needed in here, and was more than willing to assist the somewhat disgruntled mage in his search.

Theta Squad's second in command, and resident techno-wizard, Edge was making his way back to the squad when he heard some commotion just up ahead of him, near the lifts.

"Not again," he muttered to himself, bursting into a light jog. The commando rounded the corner into the hallway, only to run headlong into Lynx, who looked to running away from someone. The sun elf mage thudded into his armored chest, given that the clone was 6' 5" in height. Reacting on instinct, the green-armored clone found himself grasping one of Lynx's wrists in order to prevent her from falling backwards due to the recoil of impact.

"Miss Lynx?" Edge asked as he recovered from the initial shock of running into her; "ma'am, what are you doing down here?"

Hearing Zarae's question about food and what not, Pyro immediately pointed to several items that he found filling and delicious.
"Most of what's in here is decently cooked, though you can order really anything ya want," he said to her, giving a slight wink to.

Pyro again snickered; "you made them jealous, Lothir, yes I'll give you that; but I didn't say [b:2amm0vr2]who[/b:2amm0vr2] they were jealous at, now did I?" Oh, yes, Pyro loved being a smart-ass.

"As to the brawl, well it's more like six-to-twelve, what with how pissed off Stalker was," the clone laughed, much to the sniper's disgruntlement.
"Oh and Lothir, don't be a fool. I know what the lady marines like."

"Bullshit, you do," Stalker shoots in, taking another swig of his drink afterward.

"HEY!! At least I get up and ask, lame-O," the demolitionist jests back."
Last edited by veraka on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

((OOC: Sorry i won't be able to post for a while idk for how long, but my duty calls and i have to set up for a few things and i'll be really busy. For now scar is just going to stay in the tavern drinking himself to death >.<))
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx blinked, stunned by the blow, staggering back but not falling due to his hold on her wrist. She attempted to free her hand, though stopped as she heard her name spoken, her wide eyes locked on the clone, and an expression of relief appeared upon her face. [i:rzxja8uu]Gods, Edge, was it?... [/i:rzxja8uu]She muttered. [i:rzxja8uu]You have no idea how happy I am to see you![/i:rzxja8uu]

There were sounds down the hall, around the corner, sounds of someone slipping, sliding along the floor and cussing angrily. The magess squirmed, attempting to hide behind the clone. [i:rzxja8uu]Wards.. was placing the detection wards as I planned...[/i:rzxja8uu] Lynx mumbled quickly. [i:rzxja8uu]And that ...[b:rzxja8uu]Utinu en lokirim[/b:rzxja8uu] was ruining them... despite of me asking him to stop! Means I have to start all over and I am already tired... and have fifty more of those glyphs to place.[/i:rzxja8uu] She was still hugging the bag with quartz dust against her chest with her free arm, glancing from around Edge. [i:rzxja8uu]...[b:rzxja8uu]Feuyaer![/b:rzxja8uu][/i:rzxja8uu]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The clone listened to Lynx explain in distorted mumbles what she was doing and looked up and around his shoulder to find the marine that had been going for his weapon, only to stop when he saw the commando glancing his way with a look that spoke of instant death.

"Come with me, Lynx," he said gently, letting her use him as a shield as he turned to the still slipping marine.
"This will only take a second," he said to the young sun elf, giving a look of 'watch this'.

Edge marched straight up to the trooper, who outranked the clone by several levels, being a First Sergeant, but Edge didn't give a shit at that point.

"MARINE!!," he roared at the trooper, grabbing him by the collar of his armor and hoisting the soldier up to his eye-level, despite being on a slick surface; the clones boots were magnetized after all.
"You wanna explain what the vith you were doing, rubbing off this young mage's wards?!"

"What does it matter to you, clone," the marine retorted, noticing Lynx behind him; "they just looked like fancy artwork to me."

"It matters of everything, you retard of a soldier! What enemies we're facing can portal on-board and those pieces of 'artwork', as you so ignorantly put it, are to prevent that from happening, or at least to give us some warning prior, otherwise, an entire army could portal on the [i:2erqnvq6]Nighthammer[/i:2erqnvq6], and we wouldn't know about it. DO YA WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!?"
Edge's face, for being near ghost white, being in full-armor, had acquired a new hue of red to it.

The marines face paled; "NO, SIR; I'd hate for that to happen," replied the trooper.

The clone lowered him to the ground, and replied, "good, so you'll have no qualm if I tell you to let my friend here draw her glyphs and let her finish, then ask [b:2erqnvq6]you[/b:2erqnvq6] to patrol the entire area for anyone who might erase them again. If they do, contact either myself or my Gunny, Theta-180, so that it can be redrawn. Oh and spread the word that all wards like that which Lynx is placing around the ship are NOT to be touched. IS that CLEAR!?"
"Rodger," the marine snapped off a salute to the clone, despite him being a higher rank.

Edge turned back to the magess and said "there; I think you'll have anymore trouble from him or any other trooper."
Lynx's still worried expression told him that he needed to explain a few things.
"Uhhh. Well to start off, Lynx, most marines on-board won't give you a problem, but you have to remember; these men and women are not used to and have never seen the kinda stuff and magic that you are used to. So, naturally, they're curious and/or paranoid about it," Edge explained to her.

Putting a gloved hand to his chin, the commando continued; "perhaps it would be better off if I accompanied you, Lynx; at least then you won't have to worry about the odd marine encounter. After all, most marines won't openly pick a fight with a clone, far from it actually, plus I can assist you with any technical difficulties you may encounter."
Last edited by veraka on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx watched the interraction intently, then smiled tiredly to Edge. [i:3j1nh88n]I am grateful, really, Edge. And of course. Come along. Perhaps I could teach you to make those glyphs.[/i:3j1nh88n] She handed the bag with dust to him, glancing to the greased floor. [i:3j1nh88n]Sorry about the mess by the way. [/i:3j1nh88n]The magess made her way to the ruined ward, slipping a little, but managing to keep her balance, then took out the candle, drawing the lines anew and murmuring an incantation. Finally she blew some quartz dust onto the symbol and it began glowing again.

[i:3j1nh88n]There. This deck is warded. Let's see...[/i:3j1nh88n] She took out the hologram and activated it once more, looking the ship over, then pointed to the red sectors. [i:3j1nh88n]I suspect these are the places of some importance, armories? Guns? We need to ward those for sure.[/i:3j1nh88n] The elf turned then, making her way to the turbolift. [i:3j1nh88n]Here is the plan... The places of 'importance' first. Then, if I have any strength left in me, the rest.[/i:3j1nh88n]

As the doors of the turbolift opened, she stepped into the cabin, watching the clone joining her and picking the destination. [i:3j1nh88n]And again... thank you. I did not wish to harm him. And I certainly did not wish to be harmed. [/i:3j1nh88n]Her lips curled in a wry smile. [i:3j1nh88n]So just greased him.[/i:3j1nh88n]

She was quiet for a moment, then smirked a bit, glancing to the clone's pale face. [i:3j1nh88n]But your people... they have all rights to be paranoid. You do not know me well, you do not know much of the magic I use. If I had meant harm, such glyphs could have been a way to assault the vessel and disable many people. But I mean no ill, I assure you.[/i:3j1nh88n]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Don't worry about anything, ma'am; just doing my duty, that's all," Edge replied with a cool voice, watching the befuddled marine walk off down the corridor; "the truth is, Lynx, I wasn't sure what that trooper was going to do, but whenever a soldier goes for their weapon and there's civvies around, we're obligated to intercede. You could say that our captain tries his best to make the military integrate with the civil society onboard."

The commando took Lynx's bag of quartz with a nod, letting her slip by him to redraw the glyph. When she returned and asked him about the red sections of the [i:daqpjv80]Nighthammer[/i:daqpjv80], his brows shot up in surprise; "uhhhuuhha, those are the primary systems of the ship, Lynx. All those that you see are in red are most of the ships primary and secondary systems. Life support, the main reactors, secondaries as well, shield generators, and those red lines along the uppermost and lowermost decks are the shield projectors," he pointed to the long stripes of red along the upper and lower hull that lined the outer region of the ship.

The clone continued pointing out key places of interest and/or importance that he considered vital to the ship.
"These three sectors," he gestured toward the three blue areas near the center of the schematic, "are the armories of the [i:daqpjv80]Nighthammer[/i:daqpjv80]; and, obviously, these are the guns," he pointed towards the main guns, the HVGs, "along with all of the heavy plasma cannons, railcannons, and particle beam turrets."

As the turbolift arrived and opened up, Edge followed Lynx inside; "agian, ma'am, I was simply doing my duty. Our job is to protect the innocent and fight the oppressive; to destroy the Life Leecher threat to the ESAF and to protect all of the people within those borders."
The clone looked away; "a mission, that I personally feel, we can not win," he added in a low tone, as the lift doors shut and he punched in the destination for the upper decks, particularly Deck 247, where the first and closest of their objectives was.
"I know you mean no ill-will; Sergaent 180 wouldn't have brought you on-board if you had meant such harm. Besides, I trust his judgment implicitly."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

She listened to the explanation of the meaning of the red and blue sectors upon the hologram quietly, then nodded. [i:3wo5o68i]I'll simply follow your advice of which areas we should protect.[/i:3wo5o68i] The elf rolled her shoulder tiredly, wincing a little, then her brows knitted and she looked up to Edge.

You do not believe you can win and yet you still fight. [i:3wo5o68i]What makes you think you can't win? ...and more than it I'd like to know -who- created Leechers...[/i:3wo5o68i] The mage shook her head, her forehead wrinkled a bit. [i:3wo5o68i]This must have been some twisted mind... or minds. To create such... uncontrolable weapon. The creators must have fallen to their own ' experiement', life is often ironic like that.[/i:3wo5o68i] Lynx rubbed her temple. [i:3wo5o68i]Don't get me wrong. I'd visited the schools of magic in Sembia, joined the Violet Flame mage guild in Cormyr, seen and read of all kind of dangerous creatures ...spells... diseases... people can create... Seen some of the inventions of the gnomes of Lantan. [/i:3wo5o68i]

The turbolift stopped and they walked out, Edge showing the way and she followed him along. [i:3wo5o68i]People... possess a desire to create. But often their creative energy is directed at destruction. But I am rambling.[/i:3wo5o68i] The young woman smirked a bit. [i:3wo5o68i]How do you fight... without hope, Edge? If I may ask, that is.[/i:3wo5o68i] As they stopped by an armory, she quickly drew the symbol upon the wall, enchanting it. The glyph began to glow soon and she turned to regard the clone keenly. [i:3wo5o68i]Must be not easy for you.[/i:3wo5o68i]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard replies to Pyro's jibe without missing a beat, his face suddenly all innocent curiosity. "Really? Well, I'd never have thought the women here went that way. A pity for you, I'll bet..." He suddenly looses his poker-face, and snickers, smirking at the clone with a look of "back at ya".

Then he quirks a brow at Zarae's comment about drinks. "Hmm, there are a few drinks like that in Terrillis, too. Even the surfacers have something called Dwarfblight that no SANE person would willingly drink. I've tried it- ONCE. Never again. That stuff could take paint off a wall! Hells, it could even eat THROUGH the wall!"

At last he moves over to the nearest table still standing, picks up a few chairs, and sets them around it. He calls over someone to ask for a simple plate of roast with a mushroom sauce, and some bread and honey. As an afterthought, he adds some boiled shrimp in a cream sauce along with it. "Well, you all just going to stand there, or join me?" he asks the clones and the rest of the group assembled.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Edge nodded to Lynx at her comment of him showing her the important places to ward.
To her next series of questions he answers, "Yes, I still fight even if I do not thinks the battle is a winnable one. As to what makes me think that we can not when; just look around you. Those bugs found a way to this planet of yours Toril, well, they're creators did and merely followed us, somehow, and put one, [b:1c22ptkx]one[/b:1c22ptkx] queen on the surface and look at it now. Onix and my squad are already hunting for a nest. Granted it's fortunate timing on our part that he found it when he did, but look at it; how many planets will come under the same situation, only there won't be a [i:1c22ptkx]Dapraedor[/i:1c22ptkx] assault-carrier there to stop it or even just one squad. The reason I do not think that the ESAF can win is simple; there's just to few of us clones to combat the number of Leechers out there."

"As to who created the Leechers; we truly don't know. None of our forces have been able to penetrate that far into enemy territory thus far," Edge replied simply shrugging his shoulders.
"Even us clones can't be afforded to go on a recon mission to find the source of these bugs, as we're too caught up in defending our own turf from them. So, from that basic idea, you can infer that why create the bug; because it is exactly that: an uncontrollable weapon that was created for one purpose and it fulfills that purpose quite well."

At Lynx's comment about creation, the clone shrugged; "look at us; were we created for destruction, I ask you. One can argue both sides of the topic; from my perspective, our creation is the [b:1c22ptkx]reaction[/b:1c22ptkx] to another creation of destruction."

The lift arrived at it's intended destination; the door hissed open and the two walked out, Edge leading the way to an armory first, the continuing on to a shield generator.
"How do [b:1c22ptkx]I[/b:1c22ptkx] fight without hope; I don't know, actually. I guess you could say I've been doing it for such a long time now that I guess I'm used to the thought, so it doesn't bother me that much anymore, at least on the battlefield it doesn't. I just live with it, I suppose. What good does putting energy into worrying about something that you can't change?" Edge asked Lynx, though the question itself was about as cold and unforgiving as the Leechers were.

Pyro looked blankly at the bard, but his smile was still plastered on his face. The clone then doubled over on the floor laughing almost randomly.

"There he goes again," Stalker muttered, finishing off his drink, then joining Lothir at the table.

When he finally recovered, Pyro came over to the table and sat down next to Lothir; "I can't believe you just fell for that one, Lothir," Pyro chuckled hilariously, barely able to contain himself.
"Did you honestly . . . believe me on that one, HAHAHAHHAA!" the clone clapped Lothir on the back.
"Bet ya didn't didn't see that one coming," he chuckled to the bard.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue thought about what to order then decided on a fish dish before joining over with the guys at the table. Pyro was still laughing which she gave a quizzical look to him.
"i think he's had to much," she whispered to the nearest before giving an innocent and deviuos smile, her maroon eyes showing more violet than usual, a look that if learned often accompanied subtle trouble. tho what was anyone's guess.
"House Kilanatlar specialized in posions, potions, and dyes. I guess in my brother's free time, he made some aweful drinks for the slaves."

((mid terms wed, so i might be slower tomarrow as i have over 50 pages of notes to study and 2 essay questions to memorize...ugh))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The drow turns a blank look on Pyro, clearly puzzled. "Fell for WHAT exactly? You made an off-hand comment regarding whom the women were jealous of, so I simply returned it with the logical counter. If they were not jealous of HER kissing ME, then, logically, it would mean they were jealous of ME kissing HER! Which does not speak well for their opinions of the men around them if they would rather kiss a girl..."

He says it all with utter seriousness, and simply shakes his head at the clone and takes another long drink. "Yes, I DO believe he's gotten himself a bit sloshed."