Winding Roads

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt and Elwyn stopped as they neared the copse. Zazzt's wards were at full power but he couldn't extend their protectionsto Elwyn, since he hadn't studied the spells in decades. He closed his eyes for a moment, anxd when he opened them, Zazzt activated the true seeing spell woven into his wards. He scanned the copse, looking for the Eli and Cain.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Cain mocked Eli's frown with a bigger one, "The only stains she's ever given your cloak were those two times. Let me remind you that she enjoys dragon blood, and just because sometimes it happens to be acidic and burn through your clothes, doesn't mean it isn't a gesture of appreciation." He lounged back on the ground, leaning on one elbow, and waving his other arm, "She thinks of you as family, and was just letting you know that."

He shivered, still playing with the stone, "I think they're here, Eli. They haven't attacked us yet. Perhaps we should take that advantage away?"

He stood and reached up, grunting as he pulled himself onto the branch, the thin wood not moving at all under his weight. Grinning at Eli, he stood up on the branch, stretching his arms out in show, "I always said I was as good as she was at this stuff. You go in from below and do your ..." he circled his hands, looking for the right word, "child-y thing. Maybe they'll fall for it or something. I'll come from up top in case it doesn't. Don't forget your cute look! The one with the eyes."

Making a face, he bent forwards a little and waved at Eli, waiting to see if he would agree before leaving which, being Cain, was an honour in itself at times.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Eli
Maid
Maid

Post by Eli »

Eli grimaced deeper, picking something from his nails. "I meant blood. Blood stains are hard to get out. No use attacking them when [i:99v9bbyc]she[/i:99v9bbyc] can."

He laid back and inspected his hand, careless to the presence of their followers. "The world does not revolve around your cat." Gritting sharp teeth, a shiver ran visibly through his body and he shot up from the ground; since he couldn't feel cold, this could only mean there was magic present.

"They can see us." He murmured, picking up a bulbous leather bag he'd been carrying around. "If they've come this far, they're presumably after me; rest assured, they know I'm not a child. Shall we greet our guests-" a deer eyed look enveloped his face and he gave his companion a sweet but most certainly fake smile. "Mis-terrr Cain, Sir?~"
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

"I think I agree, Master Eli."

Bowing, Cain dropped from the branch, deciding to go on ground, and walked ahead of Eli, raising his hand. "I hope this man is acquainted with combat, being a wizard and all. It's [i:13z26wun]boring[/i:13z26wun] when they expect you to just stand there and shoot spells at them, you know? I mean, especially those ones that put a dozen or so shields up. It's more fun when somehting [i:13z26wun]burns[/i:13z26wun]."

He turns his head and grins at Eli, the face he had not quite able to make the smile as twisted, but it seemed so out of character for him that it seemed the same.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt saw movement in he copse, and his magically enhanced eyesight immediately found the two people. He mentally relayed their position to Elwyn, who also turned towards the two. Zazzt started walking forward, but after half a dozen steps, he stopped, and crossing his arms on his chest, called out, "So, you have decided to stop running. That is good, I didn't have many spells left for that. Am I to assume your cooperation?" elwyn, meanwhile, worked hard to keep his 3 puppets hidden underground from moving too much, while testing their weapons and other tricks, in case a fight broke out.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[i:3dwzxtxp] "Spells? As in Magic?" [/i:3dwzxtxp] Had they gone barking mad? Of course there was no such thing as magic or druids, there, just...Couldn't be. [i:3dwzxtxp] "You, Drowess, judge too many things beyond repair, are you not a mystical creature? Do you not look like a burnt up piece of corpse?"[/i:3dwzxtxp] Jeremy was lounged backwards on his steed, the chestnut gelding LiNeee had always dreamt about. [i:3dwzxtxp]"Watch your tongue, Jer. Or you'll be watching it roll along the ground with your horses head," [/i:3dwzxtxp] LiNeee spat at him through her teeth, she was too busy spying on the congregation of males talking about the non-existant magic she intended on proving. [i:3dwzxtxp]"Watch your tongue,"[/i:3dwzxtxp] she heard Jeremy mumble behind her, the rest of his words hidden by the strange air as one of the males cast a spell. Bulging eyes were peering out from under the ebony cloaked, hood, LiNeee's ivory eyes shining brightly as she took in each action. [i:3dwzxtxp] "Wait here, you squib," [/i:3dwzxtxp] she warned Jeremy before reining her horse; destiny around to the right and galloping towards the men, the cloak billowing out behind her. The village was deadly silent, like an eary cage of death, she shivered and whisked Destiny around to the left, pulling her up a good distance from the others. She didn't know how she could hear them, or even know exactly where they were, but when she did, it was all she could do but not laugh. [i:3dwzxtxp] "Hey, magicians," [/i:3dwzxtxp] she taunted, dismounting from her ebony mare and looping the reins around a nearby tree, [i:3dwzxtxp] "Whatcha doin'." [/i:3dwzxtxp] Emphasized words lingered on silver lips as she trotted over to them, cloak still blowing wrestlessly behind her.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt kept his attention focused squarely on the people they were chasing, while Elwyn turned toward this newest arrival. Gurguch stepped forward, standing just in front of Elwyn, between the human puppeteer and the drow female. "A simple parlance. My friend here thought he recognized a person at a bar, and so off he chased. I'm only here to minimize the damage he causes. What brings a lady such as yourself out to these gods forsaken woods?" While he spoke, Elwyn caused a fine mist of the metallic sand on his back to disperse into the air, and slowly float toward the female in front of him, hoping to quickly constrict her, should a fight break out. Also, he had his halfling puppet stealthily burrow closer to the female, as an added precaution.

Zyeke
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[i:2dnbdmp4] "I figured as much," [/i:2dnbdmp4] LiNeee said to the empty air before manouvering her head around to seek out the voice, matching it with a male. She turned towards him and propped her hands up on her hips, hood falling backwards down her back, revealing the long lots of ivory coloured hair. She gestured towards her midnight mare, [i:2dnbdmp4] "I am exploring, new to these lands you see, I'm a little too curious." [/i:2dnbdmp4]

Behind her the faint crackling of sticks and branches being broken, sounded, LiNeee tilted her head up to see Jeremy; ontop of his chestnut, walking up behind her. [i:2dnbdmp4] "This is Jeremy," [/i:2dnbdmp4] again she gestured, though this time a grimace crossed her face and she stepped away from him, closer to the other male and his companion. [i:2dnbdmp4] "I'm LiNeee-niss'xae, Drowess of... Well just a Drowess..." [/i:2dnbdmp4] Tilting her head forwards, her eyes met his briefly, [i:2dnbdmp4] "and, you are?" [/i:2dnbdmp4]

Jeremy was still, the horse below him much the same; save the long mane of golden chestnut strands that blew in the wind. Clad in a leather outfit, a cape of chocolate brown and hair that mirrored it. He tilted his head as LiNeee shuffled away from him, the girl was always so suspicious, though different. Mostly, different. Thought Jeremy as he prepared to dismount along side her, however he waited for the other male's response first.
Li Neena~

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt's eyes turned in LiNeee's direction, "We are simple travelers, much like yourself, simply wandering the world, I am Zazzt, and the young human with me is Elwyn." Elwyn flashed LiNeee a smile, while meanwhile Zazzt turned his attention to the other two. Elwyn put a hand on the huge flesh golem next to him, "And this is Gurguch, my finest friend. Also my familiar." The golem raised a meaty arm, and lowered it, the closest it could manage to a wave

Zyeke
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[i:1ect6epr] "A pleasure, really." [/i:1ect6epr] LiNeee went on, flashing a brilliant smile towards the ones she so enlightenly was meeting. She turned towards Jeremy and tilted her head down, voice low and quick, [i:1ect6epr]"Nindolen travellers kluth yugho, zhal'la udos valm mina? Xor elgg mina..." [/i:1ect6epr]

Jeremy's eyes opened wider, those eyebrows dissapearing into his hair line. [i:1ect6epr]" I have not one idea as yet, your drowess," [/i:1ect6epr] he replied, dragging his sturdy fingers through his geldings mane. LiNeee shrugged and turned back to the others, [i:1ect6epr]"well, how about we work together to find out what these,"[/i:1ect6epr] she paused; would she call them magicians? Or something else, for she had not actually found out exactly what they were just yet. [i:1ect6epr] "Well, people." [/i:1ect6epr]
Li Neena~

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn breathed a sigh of relaxation, he was glad not to have to fight these two newcomers, yet at least. He nodded and smiling, pointed at the trees, "They are hidden in there, I think we should give them proper respect, and not fall into whatever trap maybe be set up in those trees."

Zyeke
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[i:3gitfv84] A wise thinker, [/i:3gitfv84][color=darkred:3gitfv84] LiNeee thought to herself as fingers looped through her mare's tail, the ivory glow still predominant against the dark night.[/color:3gitfv84] [i:3gitfv84] "No time to waste, my curiosity is getting the best of me," [/i:3gitfv84][color=darkred:3gitfv84] she whispered into the clear air, though obviously talking to Elwyn and the others.[/color:3gitfv84]
Li Neena~

Eli
Maid
Maid

Post by Eli »

(OH BBY, I GOT THIS SITE WORKING AGAIN FFS-- but the thread is probably dead.)

Eli hesitated as the newcomer arrived, not keen to attack until their power was verified. He pulled at his companion's cloak with a tiny but forceful hand. [i:34gnxqxx]"Who is that?"[/i:34gnxqxx] he murmured, eyes squinting as he peered through the copse. In the least the fool was distracted, but Eli wasn't a huge fan of fleeing when his other option was watching an idiot squirm.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Eh, maybe, hopefully not. I was waiting for you to post :D

IC: Zazzt shrugged at Elwyn's remark, "Traps only hold those who do not expect them, and since you hardly walk into your own house before checking it's safety, I think you have little to fear, my cowardly friend." Elwyn smiled, "Oh very true, Master Zazzt." While he spoke, he mentally commanded the halfling puppet hidden underground to start making its way towards that grove of trees. Zazzt, meanwhile, stepped forward, and cupping his hands over his mouth, called out "Oy, you in there, for the last time, we know where you are hiding. Lets dispense with this act, and talk face to face, like real mages."

Zyeke