The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Uh, LiNeee? The inn's not really the place for that. The whole point of it is to have a place for PC's to just relax and chat. The PvP and hack/slash stuff is mostly reserved for other threads.... It's sort of an unspoken agreement.

IC: At last, the bard turns around, hoping to avoid disturbing the pair by the lake, and goes back to the inn. On the way back, he stops cold as he sees the body in the dirt. Then he spots the drow woman on her knees crying. The stable doors are still open, and he rushes to look inside, and comes back out a few moments later, with a livid expression.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[ OOC: Yes, well. I thought that, but really not one can deny the fact that something like this would happen at a Tavern several hundred years ago. Not to mention I kept the description to an impossible low. However, if you have a problem with it, I will offer my apologies, and be-rid it. ]
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: No, it's okay, I was just letting you know in case the Mods say something. Mostly because the inn was started as a sort of neutral ground for PC's. We've had a couple of fights in the thread, but mostly folks like to keep that sort of thing in the other threads. Just thought you might like to know. Don't change it on my account.

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[ OOC: Thanks, I appreciate it. And I do like to know things. I'll keep that away from now on. I get a little carried away sometimes, but don't we all. :) ]

LiNeee looked over her shoulder, the tear stains looked almost silver as they dripped down her allabastor cheeks. [i:3mwwzy4v]"I'm sorry,"[/i:3mwwzy4v] she said sincerely, her eyes travelling back to the boy who she had diminished. Or had she? What even happened? Thoughts tried to tear her mind apart as she looked back to the Drow, he seemed a little speechless. Though she didn't know if it was because of what she did, or what the boy had done. Sadness overwhelmed her and she dropped her head into her hands, apologising over and over as if it would make everything stop.
Li Neena~

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: No worries. Everyone goes a little overboard now and then! I've had a PC start a fight or three myself- though usually with another of my own. (Long story...)

IC: He moves over to stand by her, with a look of anger and reproval. "Sorry?" he says in a low, but very icy tone. "Sorry does not bring either of them back. You had no right. A life for a life is not justice- it is vengeance and nothing more. All it does is strip away that which makes us better than that animal in there. We CHOOSE whether to be civilized or savage. I see which one YOU chose." He turns, and walks back into the inn, after sending a last look of disgust her direction.

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[i:2oqhmkn9]"If I must be cast down below the rest of you, then so be it. She was my family, you cannot deny that you would sought vengeance if someone killed one of your own."[/i:2oqhmkn9] She pleaded from where she was upon the floor, she didn't want him to leave, didn't want him to think less of her. She lifted her head, chin square as she looked at him, he was heading for the door. [i:2oqhmkn9]"He got vengeance on me, and still you side with him. He killed because of the rudeness I produced, and still... You cast me below, one of your own."[/i:2oqhmkn9] She got to her feet, eyes staring straight at him. The look he gave her made the very muscles in her gut churn, she tilted her head back in dismay, [i:2oqhmkn9]Eilistraee,[/i:2oqhmkn9] she pleaded,[i:2oqhmkn9] make him understand.[/i:2oqhmkn9]
Li Neena~

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

At her words, the bard turns around, and shakes his head. "No, I would not. I would seek justice; no more, and no less. Furthermore, I side with no one. I recall that you mentioned your mount was already wounded. I saw those wounds, and as it stands, the boy did nothing more than to end the creature's suffering- she would have died either way. So your choice was rash and wasted. Perhaps next time you will pay more heed to the lesson here- and to the warnings of others." He shrugs, and starts to go back in, heaving a heavy sigh, as if saddened by the drowess' apparent lack of understanding."

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee was dumbfounded. Again, one had turned against her. And they wondered why she hated them so much? [i:mhfzl2wx]Nevermind then, I'll just, be a loner for the rest of my life,"[/i:mhfzl2wx] she said to herself as tears stung at her eyes. She shook her head, she had said enough, why waste her breath when no one would see it from her view? Sighing, she bowed her head, not before she gave the bard one last hopeful glance, but he was already retreating. [i:mhfzl2wx][color=darkblue:mhfzl2wx] You know LiNeee, that was rather ruthless,[/i:mhfzl2wx][/color:mhfzl2wx] came the familiar voice of Phoebey, she thought for a moment it had been outloud, but of course, it was in her mind.

[i:mhfzl2wx]What do you want, Phoebey, I'm in no mood,[/i:mhfzl2wx] LiNeee replied, trying to make her telepathic voice as harsh as possible, it ended up feeble. She heard Phoebey laugh, that time it was out loud, sniffing she whipped her head up, and sure enough; there stood Phoebey, knee deep in the glistening creek, sillhouetted by her ivory mare. [i:mhfzl2wx] Wait,[/i:mhfzl2wx] thought LiNeee as she took in the horses form, [i:mhfzl2wx]"are they wings?"[/i:mhfzl2wx] she asked the girl with burgandy hair. Phoebey nodded, [i:mhfzl2wx][color=darkblue:mhfzl2wx]"this, LiNeee, is Banchy, she's a beauty right?"[/i:mhfzl2wx][/color:mhfzl2wx] LiNeee merely nodded as she made the small treck downwards, walking straight into the stream where Phoebey and the winged-horse stood.

[i:mhfzl2wx]"What is it?"[/i:mhfzl2wx] She inquired, tilting her head as she fed her fingers through the long mane, Phoebey shrugged, [i:mhfzl2wx][color=darkblue:mhfzl2wx]"Gosh I dunno, why don't you ask it."[/i:mhfzl2wx][/color:mhfzl2wx] Came the blasphamy of a reply, LiNeee wiped her eyes and grimaced as the horse made a short snort, spreading its wings; water droplets springing out, escaping. She gasped at the sight, red-headed Phoebey, barely dressed, next to a magnificent creature, which right at that moment, looked like an angel. [i:mhfzl2wx]Beautiful,[/i:mhfzl2wx] LiNeee thought, her shoulders sludging.

[url=http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb20 ... g:mhfzl2wx]The horse & Phoebey[/url:mhfzl2wx]
Li Neena~

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: WOW, Li'Neee you really put Onix in a tough position, lol))

Onix heard the commotion at the stables, turned around and found the drowess whom he had reprimanded earlier. Looking at her, Onix found himself looking back to the stables to find the young boy dead, the drowesses horse dead, and her on her knees crying.

The clone looked to Valor, and shook his head; he knew what was right and what was wrong. Walking up to Li'Neee, the clone kneels down to her; placing a hand on her shoulder, he says "You'll have to forgive my earlier behavior, Miss. . . " he stumbled looking for her name.

"Had I known what the boy's true intent was, I would have backhanded him myself. He deserved nothing less than death for what he did to your horse. If I saw him commit that myself, I'd kill him myself," the clone said in an understanding tone, trying to calm a saddened Li'Neee.

Looking to Lothir, Onix glares at the bard as he stalks back to the Inn; "ignore him; I've known both vengeance and justice; and what that boy did was deserving of justice. What you did was not wrong. Rather than accept the fact that your friend and companion would've been fated for death, you fought and killed for the fact that you believed that she could have lived for a little longer, perhaps have been even healed."
Last edited by veraka on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[ OOC: Alright, I can work with that. xD Well I'll try. ]

LiNeee saw Onix's expression, a tiny hint of hope glistening in the corner of each eye. She had shrugged his hand off, right before she had spotted Phoebey, though not before looking him square in the eyes and frowning; [i:218l7txl]"you are just like him,"[/i:218l7txl] she all but whispered, [i:218l7txl]"jumping at the opportunity..."[/i:218l7txl] Phoebey was playing games down by the water and LiNeee found it tiresome. She had turned back to Onix with a look of sheer guilt. [i:218l7txl]"I don't know, what I can do. I could apologise for all of my actions and still you'd not forgive me. Or am I to assume without being correct?"[/i:218l7txl] She inquired, walking back to him and the rather big bird.

[i:218l7txl]"She was the only family I had left,"[/i:218l7txl] she whispered, eyes swooping over the stables, missing the dead boy all together. [i:218l7txl]"What am I to do now? I had no intention on staying here."[/i:218l7txl]
Li Neena~

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: alright, not sure if she's speaking toward Onix when she says [i:3ua1yupy]"you are just like him," she all but whispered, "jumping at the opportunity..."[/i:3ua1yupy]))

The clone looked taken aback at her softly said statement; "with respect, ma'am, I've no idea what you're talking about. I'm not trying to blame you for what you've done. Contrary to that, I'm asking you for your forgiveness for my former statement about you. I'm not blaming you for taking the boy's life."

Onix looked at her and his expression softened; "Ma'am, I'm not blaming you, and I'm not saying you need to apologize for anything; whether it be for the boy's death or what not. I'm not blaming you for anything now. I am rather, agreeing with you, just on the basis from personal experience. Now that I witnessed what the stable boy did do, I feel no sympathy for him or his death. If it's any consolation, I would've served him justice myself in your stead. I also understand your statement that she was your only family."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

(( OOC: Yeah she was. ))

[i:13dlzr12][color=darkred:13dlzr12]"With respect, ma'am, I've no idea what you're talking about. I'm not trying to blame you for what you've done. Contrary to that, I'm asking you for your forgiveness for my former statement about you. I'm not blaming you for taking the boy's life."[/i:13dlzr12][/color:13dlzr12] Onix said to her, and with it, her heart seemed to fill with warmth. She bent her head down, but he continued in a softer tone; [i:13dlzr12][color=darkred:13dlzr12]"Ma'am, I'm not blaming you, and I'm not saying you need to apologize for anything; whether it be for the boy's death or what not. I'm not blaming you for anything now. I am rather, agreeing with you, just on the basis from personal experience. Now that I witnessed what the stable boy did do, I feel no sympathy for him or his death. If it's any consolation, I would've served him justice myself in your stead. I also understand your statement that she was your only family." [/i:13dlzr12][/color:13dlzr12]

LiNeee disolved into sobs again, arms coming up to cradle her own form. Memories hit her, eyes closing she held onto them tightly; ones of the once ebony mare, newly born foal, prancing and playing. LiNeee smiled through the tears, shaking her head as her eyes slowly opened. She extended her left hand, holding it out to him. [i:13dlzr12]"It gives me great relief, you could say, for you to say that."[/i:13dlzr12] Looking after the bard that had dissapeared into the Tavern, she continued [i:13dlzr12] "being put in my place, well lets just say I don't cope well with that. When you do something, for the beliefs in your heart,"[/i:13dlzr12] she placed a hand over her chest as she looked up to him, [i:13dlzr12]"and then feel it be crushed,[/i:13dlzr12] she pulled her fingers into a fist, [i:13dlzr12]"I could not let him walk away with that, and for that, I need to learn."[/i:13dlzr12] She sighed, bowing her head again as her arms wrapped around herself again, the last words, were but the smallest whisper as her eyes met his; [i:13dlzr12] "I forgive you, Onix..."[/i:13dlzr12]
Li Neena~

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Is she reliving some sort of memory? I'm a little confused...

IC: He stops again after a few more steps, and turns to hear Onix speaking to the drowess. His jaw drops at the clone's reply, and he turns back, shuffling back to them both. "You speak of your horse being your only family. And what of that boy? What will you say to his family? Surely you didn't think he came from thin air? Do you think THEY would forgive you? He may have been rude, and yes, it was wrong to end the horse's life without your consent- but does that make what you did any better? You KILLED a CHILD. I heard you use the Maiden's name- if you truly are one of Hers, then you should know that your action was unforgivable- THAT is something a spider-kisser would do."

Then he turns to Onix, and shakes his head. "I'm really surprised, abbil. After everything you've said about protecting children, now you would excuse her by saying you would have done the same? To take a life like that is not justice. I know what it is like to lose a loved one to another's hand- and though I would dearly love to see those responsible hung by their own entrails, it is not my place to decide their fates. Justice is found in a fair and impartial judgment, not in taking matters into one's own hands. To kill a child is inexcusable- especially for one who professes to follow the Maiden."

He sighs, looking back at the stable, and the body. "Milady, I am sorry for your loss, but killing that boy will not bring her back- all you've done is give the people here more reason to hate our kind. I would not be surprised if the villagers here call for your blood after this. After all, they would see it as justice, just as you did. And so the cycle of violence and vengeance would continue."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The clone actually felt a pang of sorrow for Li'Neee for her loss, only to have it turn to into a seething rage at Lothir; his crimson eyes flashing dangerously to the bard, the clone says in a very dark, acidic tone; "do not be presumptions to judge her, Lothir. I say that because I [b:bgto6llb]have[/b:bgto6llb] done the same. I [b:bgto6llb]have[/b:bgto6llb] been in her position," the clone's voice radiated vengeance, a feeling he knew all to well.

"Yes, my bard, I [b:bgto6llb]do[/b:bgto6llb] speak of children that deserve to be protected and sought after; but do not think that I have not killed them before. As much blood of theirs is on my hands and blades as is. I say I would've have done the same because I [b:bgto6llb]have[/b:bgto6llb] done the same. I know from firsthand experience what she feels, because I've been there before. Who's right is it for someone to take away one's only family, hmm? If it's someone's family, regardless of what kinda species they are, who has the right to pronounce death upon that family member, regardless of how sick or ill they may be? NO ONE!!!" the clone roared with a fury that only a god could match, anger coming off of him like a thunderstorm.

Onix knew what he felt inside him, and he didn't like it, but he could not and would not just sit back while someone else was experiencing the same situation that he had once a long time ago.
The clone looked the bard in the eye once more before turning back to LiNeee; "No one's perfect, Lothir, remember that. I'm not a knight in shining armor that you might expect from Veraka or Palax, but a soldier. As such, I make judgments based upon what I see. At first I saw that child being mistreated, so I thought his innocence was already there; but after witnessing what he just did, I'm no longer willing to give him that same judgment. Remember one thing about me, Lothir; I'm a manufactured being, as such, I share many of the same traits as your fellow drow do. When a sentient being kills another sentient being knowingly, whether they are a child or not, then at that moment, their no longer a child to me, but a full fledged adult." The clone was dead serious with his words right then, but if Lothir could sense it, the clone was border line evil for a split second. Right before he turned back to the drowess, the clone glanced over his shoulder at the bard; "if it comes down to blades at each others throats, don't be surprised if you find yourself crossing blades with me."
((Yeah Aylstra, this is one of those rare instances where Onix shows his true self; he's not a paladin.))

Turning back to Li'Neee, the clone turns back to Li'Neee; "It is not my place to judge you for your actions; seeing what the lad did is unacceptable, yes. As to what the bard said, as much as I hate to agree, he's right. The people of this area are not likely to find this appealing in the slightest fashion. Please, Li'Neee, at least come inside. Being out in this air is not going to help you." With this, the clone offered her a hand.((OOC: I'm assuming it's nighttime.)) Though, in his own, heart, Onix added yet another soul onto his list that he took personal responsibility for their death, yet another tally that kept growing on his mind. The clone knew how Li'Neee felt, and as such, he could empathize with her about her beloved mare, though, in his own mind, the clone didn't know what to think anymore.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena watched Kalannar swimming, quietly, her hand slipping up to the ring she wore on the chain adorning her neck, along with the sword shaped mithril charm. The priestess was silent for a moment, then spoke up, glancing to the grass where the pebble hit it. [i:2mrd367j]You know. If you had enough of swimming, perhaps we could return to the inn. I wish to see if my sister finally arrived. [/i:2mrd367j]The young woman offered a polite smile and rose to her feet, dusting her pants off and adjusting the belt carefully. Then she turned and made her way back to the inn, not looking back, gaining a few more minutes to brood as her expression was concealed. Eventually she just smiled, calming down, stepping carefully and ducking under the branches of the trees along the 'path'.