The Journey to Dambrath

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((i'll go with havent met. but she's RP with u and gareth in the alien/clone one.))

Zarae smiled beneath her hood. "Vendui. and the fair creature you speak of must be him," she jokes back patting Moonlight's flank. her eyes shifted to a slightly more violet tone from the maroon they normally are, "such an interesting bunch for one to travel with. I supose I dont stand out as much anymore with such fine folk."
She turned to look back to the trail behind her then back to the group to Alak's signing.
Zarae signed back, "[i:3j0ug8xe]a shame you have to leave. grace of the dark maiden be with you.[/i:3j0ug8xe]"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

Alak laughs, and its a cold sound, yet beautiful.

"I stand in no contest to the likes of you, Lothir. Nor you, Gareth, for I am not touched by the majesty of the outer planes, nor am I a bard for whom roses become more than a weed."

He winks.

"I will stand ready to cast for your group once you determine that all have arrived who will be doing so. I also have a gift for you, Lady Nyssa."

He reaches out his hand, holding an obsidian stone polished into an edgeless sphere. Within the sphere is a faintly swirling flame, which obviously dances of its own volition.

"This is a spell stone that I've made. A trick I learned studying the most ancient crafting techniques of the Netherese. If you speak the drow word for shelter, it will spring up, as in the common variations of the Secure Shelter dweomer. However, this one will blend with the surroundings, merging with a cavern wall, or blending in as a boulder or a hill of sod."

Signing towards Zarae, [i:2fyhaszp]I thank you. May the flame test you and find you worthy, leaving no ash, and granting you only the reforging into sterner stuff.[/i:2fyhaszp]

"I wish you all safe journey, and may your Gods keep you safe and hale."

Then he steps back, staying out of the way as the entering party members sort themselves out for departure.

oc: This is where Alak comes out of it, hence I didn't sign in. He'll cast Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, Bear's Endurance, Fox's Cunning, Owl's Wisdom, and Eagle's Splendor all on up to four targets. To achieve this he memorized these in his open slots for 2nd and 3rd level. We've always used the 3.0 versions of these spells, and that's the version that he knows, which lasts for 1 hour per caster level.

He's also prepared expeditious retreats to cast on the entire group with his 1st level spells and some scrolls. These will allow the group to move for almost two hours at increased speed.

The spell stone is a Leomund's Hidden Lodge spell within the stone. The command word will only function when someone with drow heritage - drow or half drow - touches the stone and speaks the drow word for shelter. Otherwise its the same as Leomund's hidden shelter spell with all the trimmings, an alarm effect for example. After the stone is used, the gem, which is fairly valuable on its own, will turn to dust.

Text of spell here -
As Leomund’s secure shelter (see page 247 of the Player’s Handbook), except that the hidden lodge is perfectly camouflaged
to blend in with whatever terrain or surroundings are appropriate. It might appear as a house-sized boulder in a rocky or mountainous area, as a sand dune in the desert, as a densely tangled thicket, a grassy knoll, or even a mighty tree. The hidden lodge also obscures all telltale signs of habitation, including
any smoke, light, or sound coming from within. At any distance of more than 30 feet, the lodge is indistinguishable from natural terrain. Any creature approaching within 30 feet is entitled to a DC 30 Survival check to spot the hidden lodge as an artificial dwelling and not a natural part of the landscape.
J'dia Silverblade
Maid
Maid

Post by J'dia Silverblade »

[font=papyrus:q3f1vrza]A small smile came across his face. This... Nyssa, had they called her? Did seem to have plenty of friends willing to help on such a journey. "Perhaps if you could find room for an extra blade," came his reply, "I'd be inclined to join. You never know what you'll find on such a quest, or at least it's been my experience." Extending his hand, as if to shake, he introduced himself to the others, not sure if he'd met them before.

"They call me J'dia," he said, A bit of the morning light glinting off of the circlet which sat on his brow and the crimson stone set within. The shade wasn't that different from that of his remaining eye, which seemed now to observe in a more careful manner, smoothly gliding to one character to the next before returning to the lady whom he initially spoken, awaiting a response of some sort or another.[/font:q3f1vrza]
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Greetings J'dia. We always have room for another."

Nyssa takes the stone in her hand. The morning sun glints off of it's dark surface. "Mzil g'rftte, Alak," Nyssa replies with a warm smile. "Xal dosst Yah elendar ulu balbau dos elamshinae lu'xal l'Olath Wenress sslig'ne dos." She sighs as she switches to the common tongue. "I don't know how to repay you for your kindness..." her voice trails off as the morning breeze whips her platinum hair around her.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
J'dia Silverblade
Maid
Maid

[font=papyrus:2yzezoil]He nodded in time, then faded into the background to perhaps speak to the others. Finding a suitable tree to lean against, he closed his eye for a moment... thinking of this and that, perhaps preperations of some sort before opening it again and looking around. His eye caught on the one called Gareth, and he called out to him. "Hello there." he said. "I take it you're along for this journey as well?"[/font:2yzezoil]
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth ran his hand through his, Now short hair, and turned so that he faces J'dis, He pondered for a moment what he should say, and then replied. "Why, Yes i am, Nyssa is a dear friend of mine, and i wished to help in her quest for vengeance. Are you accompanying us as well?" Gareth questioned to J'dis and then said back to Nyssa, "Looks like we have everyone that has signed up for the trip, But i must ask, Does everyone have the required supplies for the journey? It will be long, And if im not mistaken were going by alot of dangerous areas..."
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa's hair whips around her shoulders as she turns her head to Gareth. She puts the stone in a pouch in her belt and takes a leather tie and some hair pins.

"I have all of my things, but we will be stopping in many friendly places along the way as well. We can trade and restock so don't overburden yourself," Nyssa advises as she braids pins her hair at the nape exposing her graceful neck, a gift from her drow mother.

She puts on her hood and cloak and looks around. "I was under the impression Chailthra was coming with us." She shrugs. "Oh well."

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Hmm, In that case... Perhaps i should take some emergency coin? Il be right back." With that Gareth turns back to the Inn, And ventures up the stairs and digs through some of his drawers in his suite and pulls out a small pouch, and a large pack, full of supplies for the trip. the pouch, holding atleast 1200 gold. He rushes back down the stairs, to the outside. And begins to go to the back of the Inn, To the stables. He rides out softly on a red colored horse.

"If anyone needs a ride, im here with an extra seat."
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali thought for a minute, "I dont need a mount at the moment, I can change forms and keep up well. but should somehow I get worn out I might take up on that offer."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa thinks on it for a moment. "I think I'll take you up on that now since Cymus left without me." She smiles as she reaches for her pack. "Are we all ready to go?"

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
J'dia Silverblade
Maid
Maid

[font=papyrus:bhu8j4q3]J'dia looked around for a few moments. Normally he didn't need much in the way of supplies, save for what he kept on him. But for the moment, he found himself facing a decision. Ride or run?

He pondered it for a few minutes before bringing his forefinger and thumb to his lips. A rush of breath and a shrill whistle rang out, ringing a bit longer in the air than perhaps it should. But the desired effect was clearly achieved when a black horse trotted out from the trees, J'dia clearly plotted in it's path as it shook it's head, tossing it's mane about.

"Hello old boy," J'dia said, pushing off from the tree to greet his horse, Maelstrom. He had known this horse for quite a while, and Maelstrom--or Mael, as J'dia called him for short--had served him well in many journeys such as this one before them. It seemed only appropriate that the faithful horse should accompany him once again.

It was with a quick precision that he checked through the saddlebags to make sure everything was in order. There wasn't much gold in tow... Perhaps two or three hundred that J'dia had been saving for a while. Generally he fed himself from the fat of the land, and so money wasn't an issue, although from time to time He'd make a few coins selling a good kill to the local butcher.

Next he checked up on the herbs and potions he had in store. A few of them he knew he'd use, for the sake of sanity among other things--Generally he hunted alone, and wasn't sure how often he'd be able to slip away to do so. Then came an assortment of different antidotes he kept, in the same manner divided between those he was more likely to use, and those he doubted he would.

Content that everything was in order, he leapt into the saddle with an effortless grace, casting a confirming nod to Nyssa. He was ready, for whatever may lie ahead. Although his expression seemed still somewhat blank, there was an eagerness that showed in his eyes.[/font:bhu8j4q3]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

she looks to the group, "if needed, I can provide my services."
she looks to the bard, "if you dont have a ride, I'm sure Moonlight wont mind."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: I was confused as to whether this is before or after that quest. Ah, this is where time gets tricky doing rp's, lol! And btw, is Moonlight a "normal" horse, or somthing else?

"Thank you, milady, and may I say- HE'S not the fair creature I meant, but just as beautiful in his own way. Not that I'd want to pick out drapes or anything..." He winks at her, and grins. "Don't mind if I do, if you think he'll let me ride," Lothir replies, letting out a small sigh. "I'm Lothir, for those I haven't met yet; Vendui and pleased to meet you."

He moves over to let the magnificent animal sniff of him before he attempts to get on. "I almost never ride, since I've had a bad experience or two with horses, but I would prefer not to get left behind for lack of a mount. I suppose I should do something about that one of these days..." He hops up behind Zarae, and hefts his lute and pack onto his shoulders.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((yeah that happens when in more than one. and he's more than a horse; since this is a fantasy world, and i can get away with it :D ))

Moonlight sniffs and nods his approval of the bard.
"that makes you the second person then to be up here. Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar. Zarae for short."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth moves from his position in the middle of the horse to the very front, to let Nyssa on. "We're riding off then, Everyone get a mount, If there is still another lady friend that wants on, Im sure i could push back a little more." He grins at Lothir.