The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"You're lucky, though, my friend- at least you have family that actually cares about you, instead of just treating you like just another tool to gain power. You think your mother might be interested in smiting a few drow on principal?" He asks with a slight smirk. "I truly do envy you a mother like that- mine's a first class elg'caress."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"My mother is one of the most powerful angel's in the upper planes; she sees no need to use anyone a tool to gain power; quite the contrary, she would be more inclined to do as the Dark Maiden does."

"Oh yes, Lothir; my mother would be more than happy to smite a few drow who are truly malicious in their heart and if she truly sees that there is no chance for redemption for them.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the lythari nods listening to everything going on around her.
"so you and him are...um, together and you and him siblings? ok. i think i got this now." she smiled to Vala not realizing how silly she sounded right now.
she hadnt ever heard stories about the celestials or much about other realms outside her clan, so it was very interesting.
and tho she knew the basics of the drow life beneath the surface, it was still a shock to her how they were. for a luthari, clan and more so family was everything. in fact she was an anomaly to be out exploring as it was on her own. just the facts of such an existence was a shock to her.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Xyris put his hand to his head, "Oh, Not this. You would think people could shut up and have a good time instead of comparing their knob sizes. You two could take it outside, yes?" At that moment Gareth pushed through the door nonchalantly and told the barkeep "1 ale please, its been a long day."

Xyris put his feet down, "Gareth; please, sit down. And while your at it, Pay back the money you owe me! or its going to get messy!" Gareth laughed out loud "Oh please instructor, You like me way too much to kill me... Instructor! I thought you we're in the sword coast toiling away with magic that could destroy the world, what are you doing in my favorite establishment? " "I grew tired of mixing potions for the moment, I came here looking for an adventure, a quest to take on, if you will." Xyris told him while Gareth pulled up a chair to the table everyone was sitting down, Xyris joined him.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The drow looks up at the human's comment, and snickers. "Why, are you worried that yours cannot compare?" He says innocently. "Begging your pardon, I was not intending it to be a mine's-bigger sort of thing, I simply meant to remind my friend here that one's outward behavior is not always so simple as it seems. Given the land I came from, the truth is, I'm really something of an anomaly in my feelings toward the fair gender. Then again, where I grew up, they are ANYTHING but fair. Is it any wonder then that I find a more temperate and gentle lass so appealing?" He grins, clearly still ribbing Veraka about his earlier comments.

He glances over at the door as Gareth enters, and waves to him in greeting. "Ah, Gareth! Speak of a devil, and he shall appear. How are you, you old fiend?" He says merrily. "My friends, Gareth Ravenmantle, a finer shot with a bow I've rarely seen. And as sharp in tongue as those horns on his thick skull," He quips with a good-natured chuckle.

"Fiend?! Gods above, yet MORE of your questionable acquaintances. How is it you manage to befriend every racial oddity around?" asks Palax testily. "I'd swear you were a lodestone for every misfit and rogue for a hundred leagues..." He mutters sourly, taking a sip of his wine.

"You're one to talk, SIR loki'utinu..." retorts the bard, smirking.

The female beside him simply laughs. "He's got you there, brother!" The tall golden-skinned male just tosses her a withering glare, which she meets steadily with a cool lok of her own.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looks up to see Gareth coming down towards the group, then responds to Xyris's comment; "Lothir has the straight of it on that part."

Then turning to the bard, replies "yeah, my friend; it [b:ycx1q97k]is[/b:ycx1q97k] a wonder why you haven't found a more temperamental lass in your life; but if those two are anything to go by," he points to the bard's apparent children, "then I would say that you have actually accomplished that goal all too well."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth looked at him blankly and turned to Lothir, "Does he not know im really a Gnome in disguise? Damn it Lothir, I told you to tell everyone! No matter, so why is the holy boy with the ten foot poll so far up his ars- Excuse my manners, i mean paladin, so bothered all of a sudden? Il have you know im a holy warrior that can shoot the eye off a pin at 500 yards." Gareth rebuted "Man, People these days you know... So what if my skin is a little red and my horns poke pople in the eye sometimes."
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

ariali was listening to the guys and trying to hold in her laughing at it. she didnt even know why it was funny to her, but something was.
soon she was giggling and laughing aloud.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Oh, you mean that was your HORNS, Gareth?! By the Goddess, man, I thought it was something else!" The drow quips cheekily, breaking out into laughs. "A disguised gnome, eh? THAT explains a few things... But seriously, don't mind Sir Grumpypants here- he's just ticked that someone slammed the divine door in his face when he got here. A knight without his god- I suppose he's got a right to be a bit frustrated."

At the dragon-woman's giggle over Gareth's joke, her brother simply rolls his eyes. "We can't take him anywhere..." he mutters, looking mildly annoyed.

At last the drow returns to Veraka's earlier comment, and nods. "Well, it wasn't exactly intentional, but it seems I have, at that. But that's what I get for getting myself stranded for a year cross-worlds after a moonlight tryst. Still, after the initial shock wore off, I've discovered that I rather like the idea. They DO sort of grow on you, after all." He almost beams with pride as he reaches over to pat the pink-wrapped infant, who has gotten fussy.

"So, Gareth, was it? How long have you two know each other? Palax and I are still very new to this world. Come to think of it, I don't even know the name of the land we're in!" Vala smiles apologetically, and nods to him in greeting.

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Ah not a worry, Sometimes i forget depending on the night, Heh heh, Any ways i known Lothir for.. well all the time iv been here, so well over 2 years and i hope for plenty more, because the kind of trouble he gets into is remarkable, I ofter wonder how he can walk down the street without saving a damsel in distress or killing a dragon... Speaking of which, Remember that time Lothir? When we killed a dragon? Yeah, How many of you can say they have killed a dragon? Heh heh heh." Gareth quips and finishes his drink.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Ixnay on the agondray, Gareth," the bard says nervously, pointedly glancing toward his two companions. then he glances up at the arched brows of the two. "Well, it was a red," he says with a shrug. "It WAS pretty impressive, though! I used a lockjaw spell on him, and his head exploded!"

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Yeah... It was pretty awesome! I shot him in the eye with an acid arrow and his eyes were like melting out of his head and they had turned to green goop, Then it got really pissed and i jumped onto its neck and i was like stabbing it and stuff right? Well it got so angry it was like blasting fire EVERYWHERE, So right when he was charging it up i jumped off and Lothir did the lockjaw spell and his head exploded...! Ahh, Good times, Im pretty sure he was an elder, i mean, we could have died!" Gareth laughed and ordered drinks for the table.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Um, actually, I think that was ME on the back of his neck, remember? I'd levitated up over his head, dropped down on him, and rammed both swords into his neck, if I recall. Or did I just imagine screaming my head off while being slung around by a blind, enraged wyrm spouting flames everywhere? Although, you DID do quite a bit of damage on his wings, I believe..." The drow muses, grinning at the memory of their daring and risky moves.

"It was at least an ancient one, I know that. We were with a couple of other fellow adventurers, but it was Gareth and myself who did most of the work on that one. The wizard just sort of stood back and watched, and then there was that woman- what was her name? I don't seem to recall her doing much more than making it angry."

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Nyssa was the hot druid who made it mad, I believe and Zazzt was the wizard thats didn't do much at all, and the warlock there summoned a tentacle monster that fought with the dragon for a while." Gareth says, remembering the events. "I distinctly remember jumping onto the dragon throat and stabbing. But whatever, what ever happened to the Zazzt fellow anyways?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Haven't a clue. I didn't much like him, anyway- too obsessed with power, you know. He's a little creepy, to tell the truth. I'd almost forgotten Nyssa was along for that- Perhaps I was thinking of that other drow lady we met- or was that when I was with Onix the first time? Ugh, too many quests to remember them all. I honestly can't even remember what we were looking for in that lair!" He chuckles, and shrugs. "Ah well, it was a fine adventure, and the treasure wasn't bad, either. Of course, I donated most of my share to some worthy temples, and only kept a few items."

"Just exactly what HAVE you been doing all this time?" Palax asks suspisciously. "I thought you said you were trying to find a way to reach us."

"I was- mostly by searching for any lore that might help in that respect- but that requires a LOT of traveling, which means one has to have food and shelter on the way, which means that one must somehow earn a living, even if it means dealing with large, nasty monsters that would just as soon eat you. Most of the folk I ran into would barely have anything to do with a drow, so I was stuck doing whatever I could to earn their trust and respect just so they might actually talk to me. The end result was that I gained access to several libraries, none of which had anything useful, and met a few spellcasters, none of whom seemed interested in solving my problem. They all were more concerned with accumulating more magic for themselves, even with the prospect of a new world to explore."

"Gareth, I am most grateful that you kept our companion from becoming a dragon-snack. Please allow me to buy your dinner." Vala says with a smile, while the knight just grimaces.

"Might have been better off if he WAS eaten...." he mutters quietly.