The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Caine Tir'ein-Deanna
Maid
Maid

Post by Caine Tir'ein-Deanna »

Grinning now Caine makes his way over to the pair, via of course way of the bar to pick up a drink. He doesn’t seem to be too concerned by the reactions of the Taverns other patrons, except perhaps to mark a few of them for later, some people well… Despite everything his look at the poor unfortunate woman is momentary affectionate before turning mischievous again. Then he is at the table slipping into a seat with a smirk. ‘Sooo did you two really think Rae would go on a big trip without me? We still ave a Torilian tour ta do!’
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:39f68qyl]Blessed be, Caine.[/i:39f68qyl] Luexena chimed in, moving to place one of her legs over the other, crossing them, relaxing some now, yet remaining on guard. Her lavender eyes locked on the moon elf's face as she studied his mischievous expression, knowing far too well the troubles he may cause.

[i:39f68qyl]And actually I suspected you two would travel together. Where is she?[/i:39f68qyl] Looked around quickly, as if expecting her sister to pop out of thin air, then waved the barmaid over once more. [i:39f68qyl]You missed me trying to make our dear Delrum sing for us. I even offered to play a lute for him, or even my flute, perhaps?[/i:39f68qyl] She glanced to the dwarf again, smiling a little.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:18ass99w]Oi. A Torilian tour may not be a bad idea. Lot's of ale to try tha' I haven't had! [/i:18ass99w]The dwarf gave the Moon Elf a smile, before looking to Luexana. [i:18ass99w]And I tol' ye. Keep up with th' drink and I may sin' for ye. But not before. [/i:18ass99w]The aging dwarf would then switch his gaze back to Caine. [i:18ass99w]So, how abou' ye paint Silverwhip's armor some funny color rather than mine this time, eh?[/i:18ass99w]
Caine Tir'ein-Deanna
Maid
Maid

He smiles again back at her and glances to the door then back to Luexena ‘Oh she’s coming soon, I think. We ad race I won, and win da prize of being… oh she tricked me!’ Smirking as he listens to Luexena his face lights up. ‘Oh singing! Okay pick a song….’ Then he waits for the look of absolute horror on the woman’s face, many talents Caine has but singing, singing is far from one of them.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

She scoffed quietly, interjecting. [i:3f9rq2ba]No, no, no. I endured such back home, no more, please! And shame on you, Delrum. -Shame-. Trying to make me a target?[/i:3f9rq2ba] Luexena chuckled, defeated. [i:3f9rq2ba]How about, -I- sing, and you two find another victim for your pranks?[/i:3f9rq2ba]

Then indeed she cringed. [i:3f9rq2ba]Let -me- sing, Caine. Your singing will make the barkeep kick us out of here![/i:3f9rq2ba]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:pjsiwl8g]Ah, now tha' be a treat indeed. Go ahead and grace us wit' a son'. [/i:pjsiwl8g]The dwarf grinned a bit at her and leaned back in his seat, drinking from his tankard yet again, polishing off his second. [i:pjsiwl8g]Can't help making ye a target either, ye be a lovely one. [/i:pjsiwl8g]He'd give her a small wink before looking to Caine. [i:pjsiwl8g]So, Rae be arriving soon then?[/i:pjsiwl8g]
Caine Tir'ein-Deanna
Maid
Maid

Glancing to the dwarf then Caine smirks ‘Silverwhip doesn’t get er armour painted, she gets er hair dyed. That hair colour is perfect for dat.’ Then his gaze travels round the bar again, looking at the other patrons tapping his lip thoughtfully ‘Ya want us ta go bother complete strangers Luexy, why I’m shocked, shocked and appalled!’

'And yeah less I'm telling a terrible lie and she's miles away, but what are da chances that I, I would lie?'
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:2jp08gqv]As if you left me much choice.[/i:2jp08gqv] The drow made a face at Caine, gathering her long silvery strands together and braiding them loosely now, quickly, seemingly having little doubt her brother-in-law is capable of dying her hair.

Then she leaned over, picking up her backpack, untied it and took out her rather old looking lute, setting it in her lap. The dainty charcoal hands stroked the instrument gently before strumming it, checking the strings carefully as Luexena's brows knitted slightly. [i:2jp08gqv]Mmm.. A song.[/i:2jp08gqv]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:20ub4son]She may look good wit' some green hair, don't ye think, Caine? Or perhaps a brigh' orange.[/i:20ub4son] As Luex began to strum along the lute the dwarf would respectfully fall silent, silently pointing to a tankard so that the approaching barmaid would bring him another ale.
Caine Tir'ein-Deanna
Maid
Maid

Caine giggles and it's clear, he is not ashamed to a male giggler 'She would, and i've done pink' Then falls silent listening to the singing himself, quite happy with the result.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali sniffed the dark hot liquid unsure of it.
"what is it?"
the smell was heavy and thick as the color was too. the idea of food sounded good as her stomach agreed with a light rumble. she just sat there staring off twords the fireplace, tho watching the new group in her periphial when the door opened to a rather loud elf. and odd thing. but he joins with the dwarf and drowess and she shruggs.
"yes, 'whatever there having' is not the right answer," she replied.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

[OOC> A few folk know my pair of pyros and their fire breathing mount. Doubt you'd get to see these, my favorite Monstrous Humanoids in this here inn... fanatical Tiamat-spawn don't find many welcomes in such places without some conquest first. So I present an experimental alternative. (Besides might come in handy.)]

Now, there's not many places where a towering mass of muscles and shaggy fur could just wander into, unless that mass showed the ability for reasoning, and to be honorable if not goodly at best. Krom might not have been the brightest of his race, but better spoken than most, and on merit of having collected a few bounties in the past, the towering bull would be afforded his welcome among civilized society. He might take a sneer here or there from wealthy folk, accept that meeker people cower from him, even in attempts at kindness, but it's taken all in stride. After a few months on the road, tracking, knocking senseless his target, and collecting the bounty, he has come to a new place looking to spend his hard earned coin the same way as always, drink, food, games of chance, and always up for a brawl if someone cares to start one.

It is when that hulk of dark fur and less-than-concealing leather armor, that minimally covers vital areas, with his dark, tanned hide loincloth pushes the door open, and hefty hooves step through, the general din of less road-wizened patrons draws into a sudden hush, more than a few of the 'flimsy' people giving him the looks he's come to expect, and accept. Across the back of the great and stoic Minotaur, a grand Waraxe is strapped, double-bladed with wide, straight edges, and an all metal sturdy construction. It's no secret to most that his race are primarily Barbarians, but such stoicism is rare. Ignoring the stares, he finds himself a barmaid, and halts her with one big hand to grasp her arm, but being careful not to break her, "Ale, some bread, and a stew, the road has been long, and I tire of tasteless elf provisions."

Then the large beast takes a seat, literaly having to use his travel pack, so as not to break furniture with his weight.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena blinked upon seeing the creature entering the inn, the thin silvery brows raising. The drow studied the burly minotaur curiously, though surprisingly did not appear too alarmed, seemingly encountered them before. Her fingers were still pulling at the strings of the lute lightly, producing a harmony of sounds. Finally she averted her gaze from the newcomer and looked between her companions once more, striking the chords now, letting a slow haunting melody fill the air of the room, though not too loudly, only providing a pleasant background to it.

The drow's eyes drifted half-lidded and she hummed along as she played the interlude, entwining her voice with the voice of the lute. Then she began her song, threading the words into the melody, skillfully. The timbre of her voice was close to mezzo-soprano, mellow and perhaps not too strong, yet trained and sweet to an ear of a listener.

[i:32dfugh1]A clouded dream on an earthly night
Hangs upon the crescent moon
A voiceless song in an ageless light
Sings at the coming dawn
Birds in flight are calling there
Where the heart moves the stones
There that my heart is longing for
Calling for, for the love of you

A painting hangs on an ivy wall
Nestled in the emerald moss
The eyes declare a truce of trust
Then it draws me far away
Deep in the desert twilight
Sand melts in pools of the sky
Darkness lays her crimson cloak
Lamps will call, call me home

And so it's there my homage's due
Clutched by the still of the night
Now I feel, feel you move
And every breath, breath is full
So it's there my homage's due
Clutched by the still of the night
Even the distance feels so near
All for, for the love of you

A clouded dream on an earthly night
Hangs upon the crescent moon
A voiceless song in an ageless light
Sings at the coming dawn
Birds in flight are calling there
Where the heart moves the stones
There that my heart is longing for
All for, for the love of you[/i:32dfugh1]

The priestess wove the song to the end, then fell quiet, playing the afterlude a bit longer, her expression was dreamy as the young woman seemed to be lost in the music. Finally her delicate hand rested across the chords, silencing the lute and her eyes fluttered open. The priestess looked between the dwarf and the elf sitting by her table and smiled a bit, quiet for now.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

As the minotaur entered the inn the dwarf quickly lept to his feet, his hand moving to grasp the handle of his axe to pull it from his back before he realized where he was, and that the thing wasn't trying to kill him. He'd cautiously let go of it, giving the creature a nod before he sat down once again.

Now that he was again seated, Delrum listened quietly as Luex played her lute and sang her song. He'd drink from his glass as he listened, nodding to the Barmaid as she placed two more cups at the table. Whent he Drowess finished he'd stand up letting out a loud cheer before clapping his hands together. [i:3hk77olo]Yer voice gets more melodius with each son' Silverwhip.[/i:3hk77olo]
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

At sight of a dwarf leaping to and going for his axe, the great bull reaches for his own, settling a single hand upon it, before the nod comes. Realizing this is the sort of welcome he should expect of the stout folk, he greets with a boast, "Well at least I shall have good company that can hold their ale, as long as I! Might that someday I try something the strength of Dwarven Holy Water (Mead), we might see who holds it best, eh?!" This is followed with booming, boistrous laughter, while hoping he is familiar enough with Dwarven ways to not be insulting the other patron.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!