Tower of Darkness

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

The inside of the tower seems fairly abandoned, infact he cant SEE anything or anyone but he can feel...presence, a tingling. But nothing happens. The walls draped with crimson drapes and the black marble floors glimmer the place seems well kept.

His senses direct him up the staircase into one of the upper rooms...

------------------------

In said room a figure which appears to be nothing more than a shadow, a black smoke in the form of a man speaks in a low growl of a voice.

'Someone has entered the tower Mistress'

She rose an eyebrow expertly adding three drops out of a vial full of some silverine liquid to the instruments set up infront of her. Where it would brew and mix and follow the right paths to do what she needed.

"Who?"

'I don't know Mistress.'

"See to it he finds his way up here. Don't damage him unless he proves hostile"

'Yes, Mistress'

The figure dissipated much the way smoke might do, the reminants hanging onto the air for mere seconds before vanishing too. She didnt even look over she was selecting out the next few ingredients she would need. Then it would take three months for it to complete....
You say I am evil, but who is to say you are right?
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=red:2tu8jqug]Nodding slightly to himself at the precence he felt he again raises his hand this time holding a small white round gem in his left hand. A few moments later and the incantation was complete, the gem morphing into a soft white light about three inches in diameter. The guiding light spell could come in quite handy for tracking when it was needed, it was also very helpful that only the caster could see it..unless of course someone possed the ability to see into the infared spectrum. Like all members of his race of example

Sliding the ring from his finer and back into his pouch he again starts forward, following the guiding light upward. He could feel the precence getting slowly stronger as he approached, smell the scent of foreign magic in the air. He could not tell for sure, but given what he was seeing so far, what he felt and what he had heard then perhaps she was as powerful as he had been lead to believe. If it came down to it he was confident in his ability to at least match her. While many knew more spells then he did, he was creative in a way that most would never understand. He wad no intention of fighting her however, that was not his purpose[/color:2tu8jqug]
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She opened up her book and guaging the amount of the black sand like substance she had in her palm she started to recite the words, in the strange language the demonic races seemed to perfer in this instance it held a unique power that was needed. As she spoke in a haunting rhythum she slowly poured the black sand into the mixture.

When the last of the words died out and the last grain of sand hit the mixture it shimmered and turned from a violent red to an ebony black, shone in a weird way that instead of light it seemed to suck in the light, before she covered it and closed her book.

Moving across the floor she left the room, closing the door behind her, about the same time the other would have come close enough to see her. She turned her gaze to him for only the briefest of moments before turning and walking across the hall. A clear signal for him to follow. The room she entered was a study and while she expected him to enter the room she replaced the book on her shelf.

The room its self was very office like, it had a large desk with a chair and the walls where lined with books, with additonal stands some held stacks of books others held racks of scrolls.

She herself was not in that white dress she often could be seen in, she was dressed in a much more form fitting and alluring outfit and one that more suited her vocation. Black that looked more like underwear than anything else only she was adorened from it with translucent fabric, metalic snaked up her sides and back to where it met her top, which was bikini like with the exception of more fabric falling down the front just past her waist so it overlapped, giving an elegant and unique look without being too revealing for such a revealing ensable. With three metal bands along her right upper arm. She turned and looked at him.

"Who are you, and why are you in my tower?" Her tone was calm and a little harsh but not hostile.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=red:pfmy1016]Stopping brieftly at the sound of a closing door he raises his shimmering violet colored eyes upward in time to see the female exit the room while closing the door behind her. As she notices him he inclines his head before she walks off, clearly expecting him to follow, and follow he does. A moment later he enters the room behind her, His gaze immediately going to the books taking up space in the shelves all across the area. For a moment he simply wanders, examining titles until the fact that she had spoken pierces through his occupied mind

"hmm? Oh why am i here, of course. Such an obvious question that i should really have been expecting it" He turns away from the books his gaze meeting hers, one silver brow raising "I have searched a log time for a warlock who was strong enough in their powers and knowledgable enough in their art to show me more then the basics i have managed to pick up" A mere male he may be, but outside of the under dark, in this world he was equal. He would not cower nor would he show her any deference beyond the respect he felt her knowledge deserved. As such when he bowed it was not a bow of servitude, but one of respect from one magical practioner to another

"My name is Merik, I am from the under dark naturally thought i have not been back for nearly twenty years now, nor do i have any intention to return anytime soon. If you are anywhere near as skilled as i have heard then i am sure you know my profession" It was true, She could feel the magic rolling off his body, diffrent from hers certainly, but present in such force that he had to not only be powerful but also have knowledge to use it properly

"While i am certain i could learn from books, and i have indeed done just that before. Nothing beats the..." His gaze slides over her outfit, starting at her feet before slowly returning upward back to her eyes "Personal touch so to speak. So i come offering an exchange. SHow me what you know, and i shall aid you in your endevours as long as they not directly work against my own" It was a good deal, as a drow she should know he would have no issue working with her, nor truly would he have an issue working against her. Trust was earned, and amoung their race it went only as far as common goals[/color:pfmy1016]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She rose an eyebrow as he spoke and as he finished her expression went back to bland, calm, emotionless. She didn't speak for a time. Contemplating, while she was sure he would really be little use to her she could not help but wonder, it might be intresting to have someone...a non demonic someone nearby. Someone less bound by servitude. Intresting she thought. Then she did speak.

"If I where to teach you. Certain things would be expected of you, and your study would not be a simple or easy one."

She wasnt sure why she was so willing to teach him, maybe it was his proclimation of departure from the underdark, maybe it reminded her of when she had left. Maybe she simply thought he was cute.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=red:1b6hz0wb]Laughing softly he raises one hand, a violet colored aura springing up around his fingers before a small globe of black flames forms. She would recognize the spell instantly, it was on warlocks hated because it did absolutely no damage to anything that possessed flesh..but it could and would completely consume and destroy summoned entity up to and including minor demons. Fiend fyre

"Do you think a little hard work or unexpected task are going to dissuade me my lady? I have always had to work hard, always had to put in effort and energy" The black fire fades away, his point made quite clearly "Remember as i said i grew up in the underdark. No matter how powerful i was, no matter how intelligent, no matter how driven..I could only advance to a certain point, learn so much. After all" His gaze meets hers, holding no emotion, twin voids "I was a mere male, it was the reason i left. I have an..issue with being expected to live a certain way just because of my gender. I have moved on from two diffrent cities before even after i came to the surface, same prejudice just against skin color this time instead of gender"

He straightens one hand rising to run idly through his flowing silver hair "So don't worry, you will find me a dedicated and quick learning pupil" His gaze moves down her body again before once more meeting her own gaze "There could possibly even be..fringe benefits to this arrangement. For us both"[/color:1b6hz0wb]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She almost sneered at his mention of the underdark, she had not been cast out no, quite the opposite. She had left a long time ago, behind closed doors now and then there where still whisperings of the Matron Dal'loth.

In the surface she didn't use her house' name and only a select few knew of her true name. She didnt intend to speak of that now, no it just brought up issues that had long since been squashed.

"I will make myself painfully clear" she spoke at last.

"I do not care if you are male nor female. You will show me respect not for the bodyparts I own but for who and what I am.

As hard as you may think you have worked and studied, I will make it seem like a cakewalk and you will either sink or swim. I do hope you swim. It's quite unpleasant to sink when dealing with such magics as you will be handling

And last of all, you will be required to stay here as long as you are studying under me. You may come and go as you please of course but you will reside here for the time being."
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=red:150pksfl]Laughing softly he brings his hands together, rubbing them softly "Respect is earned not freely given. You have some for the moment for your reputation if nothing else, you received a little more for agreeing to train me and more yet for treating me as an equal" His gaze locks with hers "Make no mistakes however, I believe in two way streets, I will respect you, I expect the same in return. I am not some novice begging for scraps. I am in my own rights a powerful magician already. As long as you don't intend to treat me as a moron i think we shall get along just fine"

He steps closer, a mere foot now separating them "As for difficulty? Bring it on, I have heard such before, and always i have made it through. I am quite afraid my lady that i have no idea how to sink. I am a bit to stubborn to allow myself to be dragged down under" His hand rises again brushing through his hair "As for the living arrangements?" His lips twist up, turning to a false pout, eyes glittering with laughers

"Oh poor me, I have to live in a tower with a very attractive female that likes to wonder around in almost nothing. Not only do i get to learn things i have wished to learn for a long time now, i get to do it while feasting my eyes on your shapely form?" a soft chuckle passes between his lips once more "Yes, truly an intolerable situation"[/color:150pksfl]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She laughed, yes, laughed, it was a strange thing for her to do.Not that he would know that but it was none the less.

"Don't act like a moron and I wont treat you like one"

She thought she might acctually like this one, he had...personality. Which was saying something comming from a male inhabitant from the underdark. Men there where just so...dull. His personality was refreshing too. He was respectful enough not to piss her off with just enough of an attitude to amuse her. She truely hoped he was as smart as he thought he was.

it really would be a shame if he got himself killed.

"Very well then, you will be aware of several inhabitants of this tower. You will find a couple imps around. Don't destroy them as tempting as it is sometimes. They are a irritating hastle to bring back.

Aswell as a few beings that where drow at one point but are now more spider than anything else. They serve me and you may see them skulking about.

Various other demonic presences as well as demons and such creatures at any given time."

she moved out from behind the desk and pulled out three tomes from the shelves before she started moving out of the room signaling for him to follow her.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=red:1bpjhmcs]Chuckling softly he shakes his head "Your a warlock, the fact that you have demons serving you is not a surprise my lady. I'd be more shocked if you didn't have one" He turns and follows her out of the room, She didn't have to tell him her history, she had already given away a good portion of it with just one word. Something he'd bring up right now, if only quite casually

"I am however surprised" He falls into step beside her, not behind as most would probably expect "Drow turned to spiders? That is powerful spell work, Dryders only occupy the sacred and protected spaces in the underdark, and the transformation is reserved usually for those who betray the drow in some way and garner lloths disfavor.." His gaze slides over to to her profile

"From what I understand of the tomes i have read not only is a dryder only creatable by a high priestess, but they will only serve a matron mother" He moves his gaze back forward, continuing to keep pace with her "Anything you want to tell me?"[/color:1bpjhmcs]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She rose an eyebrow but it was the only respose he got for the time being. She paused at a doorway and pushed the door open, inside was a large room filled with maticuliously organized components of almsot every shape and variety.

"This is the main supply room if you are in need of components you may take from here"

She said ignoring his question, giving him a moment to look around, and take note of the little imp which was hovering to dust off the top jars. He squeeked and rambled off about pleasing his mistress, she sent him a steely glare and he went quiet and scurried off to find some other work to do.

After he had finished looking around the room she closed the door again and continued leading him through the halls. It was a good time before she answered.

"Since you seem so curious I will tell you a little bit." she paused for another moment.

"Long ago I went by the name Kendra Dal'loth. I do not use my houses name here in the surface world. " she waited to see if her name had any impact upon him before continuing "I served the underdark for several centuries before I grew bored enough to leave. Some remenants of that time you will find around this tower."
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=red:32xpz42m]He nods simply as he looks around the room, taking in the imp with a casual glance before moving out as the room is closed again. When she speaks a little of her history he simply nods. He recognized the name..vaguely, but it was before his time really, and while the drow of the under dark communed a lot he was fairly sure she had been in a different city then he had been. He grew up, trained in and had left char nasad

"Interesting, so at one point in your history you were indeed a matron mother in the highest favor of the spider queen. Since you have dryder here, and they still willingly serve you then i must imagine you still possess Lloths favor. A good thing i suppose then, that i have neither favor nor disfavor with the queen" He shrugs slightly a small smile tugging at his lips "I'm a male, one of the times i am grateful for it most is when it comes to the spider queen and her attention. It would take a lot for her to notice me, either favorably or unfavorably"

He moves his gaze to her again, a small smirk crossing his lips "Centuries huh? you look good for your age"[/color:32xpz42m]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

"I left the city not the queen. There is a grave difference between the two. However yes Lloth cares not about my decision to leave one way or another it doesn't impact who or what I am"

She turned a corner and led him down another hallway, pausing infront of another door which she opened for him to enter, it was a room, elegant and comfortable, with a shelf near bare of books, a spacious desk against one wall, a dresser against another and a large bed in the center of the room with an elegant canopy which was closed in by black curtains.

She entered the room and placed the books she held on the desk.

"Yes I have lived for over 600 years, and yes I am still gorgeous and will remain so for many centries to come. Now. This will be your room. I will leave you to sort yourself, read those" she pointed to the books "by tomorrow night, and be ready to put some of it to use. Untill then."

She said and turned on her heels, leaving the room and him to do what he wanted. Her own room was only two doors down and she entered her room and shut the door behind her. The sun would raise soon and that was her cue to retire for the night. She hated the daytime in this surface world. However the nights where beautiful and she quite enjoyed them.
J'dia Silverblade
Maid
Maid

Post by J'dia Silverblade »

((I hope no one minds, but saying as I couldn't find much of a description of the outside of the tower, I'm going to assume there's a forest nearby. Let me know if this isn't the case, and I'd be more than happy to revise/repost.))

[font=papyrus:2mb4fvse]It was in the dead of the night that J'dia silently traversed the moonlit forest. His crimson eye would glint in the little light that flitered down through the trees, flitting this way and that, scanning his surroundings to such a meticulous detail that it seemed rediculous when considering the speed at which he currently traveled. Harldly a leaf rustled as he sped past, his movements causing soft waves of air to spread in his wake, kissing the forest floor and any upon it. Oh, how he loved the night.

And so he continued to run, in soft, steady strides, a grin on his face which he would never allow anyone outside of a choice few to behold, one that bespoke of an incredible joy and pleasure, bubbling up from inside him. It was good to be living again too, running through the forest, the place he most loved. It might seem odd for him, being what he was, but to him, there could be nothing better. He loved the night, the moon, the stars, everything about it called to him.

What was he, after all? A question worth asking, he supposed, a subtle smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth. He was an enigma, that was what he was. Very few outside of his circle of trust could even begin to put forward theories on that front. And perhaps that was the way he liked it... casually observing the world from the distance, from the shadows of the night. One of the things he loved about it most was the comfort it provided for him. At night, he felt at home.

But tonight was not a night to sit around and lounge, now was it? No, J'dia was in the mood for an adventure. Tonight was a night for a bit of excitement, perhaps a bit of amusement along the way. And so he let his curiosity carry him forward--not traveling in any direction in particular--until he came upon a small clearing, along the edge of the forest. His brow furrowed; He must've traveled much farther than he thought to have reached this place... It did not look familiar, nor did he recognize the tall, towering structure which stood in the distance.

Silently chiding himself for not paying closer attention to his surroundings, he slowed his pace. He just [i:2mb4fvse]had[/i:2mb4fvse] to become lost in his own thoughts, didn't he? Shaking his head, he renewed his efforts, examining the terrain around him in an effort to familiarize himself, and perhaps figure out just where he was. A few assumptions he could make upon mere sight of the tower about it's inhabitants--for instance, it seemed to radiate a sort of energy on the darker side of the spectrum. Residual, perhaps? It would be hard to tell without further inspection... But hey, that was what exploring was for. Settling a determined look to his jaw, he pressed forward, correcting his previous mistake as he went.

The subtle ambiance which came from the forest overshadowed the soft sound of his footsteps for quite some while. It wasn't that he was making any attempt not to be heard, but moreso it was simply part of his nature. His movements seemed to carry a subtle elegance reminiscent of many different races, perhaps blent into a single, flowing whole. There wasn't a single movement he made that didn't seem natural, for lack of a more suitable word.

But as he continued to approach this mysterious tower, he couldn't help but to wonder. What would he find in this new environment? A simple question, with myriads of complicated answers. One by one he filtered through them as he pressed forward, perparing himself mentally for each occurrence.[/font:2mb4fvse]
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

[Confirmation or denial of said forest will likewise give me reason to change mine, but while we're assuming...]

Another peaceful night on the road, wide open expanses, and none of Faerun's larger cities in sight, it's a good night and good location for some pillaging, or just some mayhem. Lazing, half-asleep, bored of open expanses, Naien lay upon the back of her mount, another Redspawn, a Firebelcher this one, accompanied by a younger male of her kind, another Arcaniss. Not her own by blood, but raised as her own child, Nixue had remained with her thus far, intent on courting his foster parent. Tonight it was he who made sure their mount kept to the road, that is until spotting tree line in the distance.

Always looking to win the approval and heart of Naien, Nixue turns the Firebelcher off the road, at the same pace, and moving them closer to the forest. It would not take long now, he knew, and nor did it, for as soon as the smell of dense foliage became known to the resting mage-priestess, did her eyes snap open, first about to tear into Nixue for the deviation, but he met her eyes with that same mischievous twinkle she often had shown him, when it came to doing the will of their Goddess. Returning her gaze then to the trees, Naien silently admitted to herself, that when the time had come right, and if he kept this up, Nixue would have her for certain, and for life, as he had just found her some entertainment for a boring night.

They stopped, nearly a quarter mile into the wood, ate, rested, and shared glances and flirtations. Tiamat willing, this little band was soon to grow another three within the coming year. Then came the night's fun though, Naien and Nixue keeping their spells to themselves, set their mount to breathing jets of flame into the surrounding forest, setting what quickly became a roaring blaze all around them. Bathed in red-orange glow, the pair and their mount moved deeper into the forest, in search of sentient inhabitants, hoping for wood elf, hoping for a meal of their meat, and Nixue, hoping their wicked romance would reach a new high that night.

With the Firebelcher's aid, the raging wildfire, headed most strongly toward the emanations of dark magic, the three subconsciously drawn by it. As if the approach of so many intruders to the tower were not bad enough J'dia might possibly find an inferno filling the forest behind him, and the resourceful tower occupants, might surely detect the approaching blaze, if not in fact, the small band of Dragon Spawn, the specially bred agents of Tiamat herself.

The romance of the night came to an irritating halt, more so irritating to poor Nixue, than to curious Naien, when they found no screaming elves to terrorize, no innocents to slaughter and feast upon, no gold to plunder, just a 'damned tower' as a disgusted Nixue put it, then vowing to find a means and excuse to obliterate this eyesore, and again be the only evil force aside from Tiamat in the heart of his foster mother. Naien gave the Firebelcher the confirmation to move forward then, then returned a bit of hope to her grumbling partner in mayhem, "It was fun, too bad all we found was this ruin. Glad I am, to have you along, my darling Nixue. Shall we see if the old tower has anything of worth?"

A mischievous grin, and renewed hope, Nixue nods his agreement.

[img:2gqyzk7b]http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm4_gallery/98723.jpg[/img:2gqyzk7b] A firebelcher.