Ancient heritage, modern Problems (D20 Modern) [Campaign]

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

"you are A Drow or dark elf... the surge didnt just cause random mutations. " pauses steeling himself not sure how to phrase this all around you the traffic insects etc seems to quiet (as per the cliche for shocking revelations)

"It body and soul changed your very Race, you are no logner a human in any meaningfull sense someday soon you'll forget spiritual what it was to be human... the Surge foudn those with just a few drops of the blood of elves, gnomes, halflings, dwarves, orcs, and goblins, and mutated them into their inhuman ancestors... this drove more then a few mad of course... but perhaps soon enough things will calm down..."

sighs "Make sure to survive." pauses and says

"when dealing with other drow, or elves of any type watch your back, drow have a love of intrigue that many are allready relearning other elves instinctively distrust them" he says and dissapears in gleaming starmotes...
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

She stood there a bit dazed, yet knew it was true in some twisted way. Sitting down slowly to recollect herself, using one hand to brush a bit of hair out of her face. [i:w4ph5mxz]~I knew something was up, but I didn't think it would be this big... and from where would I have drops of drow or dark elf blood? This is too odd...~[/i:w4ph5mxz] sitting with her sword in hand at her side, [i:w4ph5mxz]~He said to find more of my kind, more drows.. or dark elves or whatever... but where would I do that? Oh yeah, maybe if it settles down people will go back to their lives, school and things...~[/i:w4ph5mxz] she thought, standing up again. "I wonder what happened to my parents..." she mumbled sighing.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

The suns bright light stins your eyes...

After a while ... an cross bow bolt comes Down... it hits a button on your blouse breaking it off, causing it to comes undone

"who goes there" a voice from the shadows says.
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

The orc chief was standing over the prone, unconscious owner of the store, Old Man Steiner. Steiner was in his eighties and still very spry. Only the orcs must have caught him by surprise when they bashed the SUV into his store. Elfie felt no remorse for her next action as the star basketball player turned orc tribal leader was wielding his bat in preperation to bash in Mr. Steiner's head.

She took aim and let loose with the crossbow. As fast as the bolt left it she was cocking it in preperation for reloading it, just as her father had taught her with his years ago. Her eye trained by hours on end at rifle and archery ranges had aimed the bolt true. It pierced the orc leader's chest right through the heart exploding it within the beast's chest. The creature just dropped where he stood.

"If any of you want to live through the next few minutes drop what you have and leave!" she shouted. She aim dead center on the chest of the second biggest Orc in the bunch. Like her father she enjoyed archery, rifle markmenship, hunting, camping, hiking, fencing live blade, and was a member of the local chapter of the Society of Creative Anachronism. She knew quite well what she was doing. She even realized that she was turning into a Drow Elf because she played both the pen and paper Dungeons and Dragons and Neverwinter Nights 2.

To steady her nerves and inspire herself more she began to quietly sing Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down." Suddenly she felt fear leave her as she sang the song. Still she kept the second biggest orc in her sights as she waited for the others to comply.

"Well I won't back down... no I won't back down... You can stand me up at the gates of Hell, but I won't back down..." she sang, "No I'll stand my ground... won't be turned around..." She watched them with one eye while the other kept looking at their second toughest and biggest orc, " and I'll keep this world from draggin' me down... Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down..."
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"Wha?" she said in confusion and annoyance, looking around and unsure of exactly what had happened. Blushing a bit as she looked down. "I am Elizibeth Taylor..." she said, holding her hands up. "Wh-who are you?"
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

A faces shows himself, hes identical to you black skin whte hair glowing red eyes he was wiaitng on a roof top with a crossbow

"Greetings My lady" he says in a tone of mock politeness

"Its good to see others of my own kidn this day...and I must say you have good taste in Bra's"

May I ask What you are about?" he asks

while essentialy polite you can tell hes ready to snap off another bolt any moment... he hit the button ON PURPOSE to show you how good he is... next one could kill you easily.
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"I am not sure what you want, but I am not any harm to you. I am only one more person affected by this change, the same as you." Elizibeth said, still the sword in her hand, but not making any movements yet.

"If there is something you want, please tell me..." she said blushing over her disclosure. "I am only about survival."
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

pauses

"Im currently hiding too if you'd care to join me you may" he says lowering his cross bow clearly as a sign of truce..
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"I thank you for taxing your hostility." she said, just as mock happily, "We must stick together if we are to survive, yes?" she reasoned, looking around. "Just a question, how many have you had to kill before? How many people or animals?"
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

pauses "9" he says simply

"and their may be others soon yet... if you'll follow me I found a place of shelter from the searing sunlight"
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"I.. alright." she said, smiling. "Please guide me there then." There was no need in being distant to this one, since she's not been attacked by him... directly.. yet.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

takes her around a bit shows her a small abandoned tenament building Another just like him and you is waiting she says "John who?" he responds "shes one of us"

she nods "I see..."
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"Oh, so it's not just us?" she asked, then noticing how selfish her remark sounded, "I mean.. more than just us, that don't want to kill.. us." says, "This is better than the warehouse I was in..."
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

woman says "yes their are thanks for the observation." sounds a bit snappish

"currently Im looking up things on my laptop hoping to figure out just what is going on... and thinking we need to flee somewhere in the next few days... not sure where... the gov't is leaning towards if not wiping us out at least detaining us or monitoring us indefinitely...

John "I dont think that will work sadly... We cant hide forever... we do need to find housing for ourselves thats Subteranean though... we might build it ourselves actualy... the suns light is glaring I fear"
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"Yes, sun sucks." she said simply, replying backwards. "Frankly, if we would build somewhere for us to be... it would have to be underground, maybe... working on a cave outing would be best, because frankly anything above ground would be found too easily, if they want to hide us." she said sighing.

"Well now, I see you have a crossbow, but what about you?" she asked the new girl, "And what should I call you two?"