A Hag's Last Pot

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Uh...ok. So, there are four outside a cave, just past a clearing...they are in the middle of a spell. Don't know what its for. Cymus caught the scent of 5 or 6 inside the cave. We aren't really sure. Cymus also says they are guarding some old creature...don't know what. It could be a dragon. It could be an old elf...probably not the latter since we've smelled elf before. But the scent was strange, something we've never encountered."

Nyssa says the last part with a slightly confused look on her face. She shakes her head snapping herself out of the memory. "Anyway, what ever they're guarding has power. As in, it doesn't really need to be guarded. It could probably fend for itself." She reaches into her bag and puts on a long necklace with a glowing pendant before she starts to attend to her weapons.

"We can't go through the clearing to get through the cave. Its magically trapped." She shoves a dagger with a green handle into one boot and the matching dagger in the opposite boot.

"Like badly. As in two of us would survive...but that's just my opinion. Three paths lead into the forest. One goes through the clearing, the other leads to the right, and one to the left. The path to the right is the path I took." She talks she adjusts her shiney blades.

"It's trapped too, but not as badly. A rogue would do nicely to evade them then disarm them for the rest of us. I was in the trees so I avoided them. And if we go that way, I'm gonna do the exact same thing." She smirks.

"The other path goes out toward the lake and back around. It might take us longer cause its an extra mile out of the way, but there is only one trap, so far, and Cymus already sprang it. Its just the spell [i:jjnrpmr2]slow[/i:jjnrpmr2]" Nyssa shrugs.

She looks up after strapping her bow and blow gun across her back and her blades withing arms reach. She stands with her hands on her hips.

"So...which way?"
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn scratched his head, "Well, I suppose I could improve our chances against the traps. Also i could provide a distraction, by the use of my puppets, or I can have them attack, more or less simultaneously." He pulled out eleven scrolls, "They are relatively easy to replace, so I suppose we could use them here and now." He spread them out on the ground, but did not open them, "But I fear to leave myself so open against that power you spoke of."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

As Elwyn speaks, Nyssa climbs the nearest tree and hangs upside to down to make sure nothing falls out of her pockets and all of her weapons are secure.

"I think we could take them, especially since the ones outside will probably be drawn by noise...if we make any. Maybe you can use the rogue, if you have one, to disarm the traps. then we can go in and do our thing....you can't spoil all of our fun."

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shook his head, "The puppets I posses do not have any particular skills I do not posses. All I really do to the corpses is strip any perishable organs, and stuff them as full of weapons and other things."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Cowards!" Dorl'veszaun spat. "Ain't no need fer none o' them trap thingy's. Ain't no need ta worry 'bout 'em either. 'sides, the one that'll gitchya is the one that ya don't knows even there. Any o' y'all NOT able ta see traps with that magical looking stuff?"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Well I know its there. But still we can go around the traps. About a half a mile north," she says pointing that direction, "the cut back west. I just don't want you guys getting injured and not being at the top of your A game."

She hops down from the tree branch and steps to Dorl'veszaun with a serious look on her face, yet a pleasant one. "Please do me a favor and don't take that tone with me again. And don't call me a coward." She smiles excitedly, "OK?" She pats him on the shoulder. "There is no need to insult us."

She leans against the tree and nonchalantly cleans her nails. "So...what did we decide? right or left?"

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Tone weren't at you. it was at them hags. Alrighty, whatchy'all thinkin' we should do? I think that y'all should go 'round them sides, me an' that big golum feller there can just go straight on in through the front" As Dorl'veszaun spoke he gestured with his 7 foot spear.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

(Okay. I'm going on the assumption that this is current FR-time. If it isn't, let me know and I can change my post. :) )

Alain fished through his pockets and pulled out a dark purple stone smaller than a pebble. "The Time of Troubles was good for one thing. We won't need any detours. This is small, and it's certainly not enough to protect a whole area against spells being cast, but one person walks through that cave with this, and the trap's gone."

He dismounts and walks over to where the others are, slinging his bow over one shoulder and slipping the arrow back into his quiver. "I'm guessing we won't be needing our horses?"
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard wrinkles his nose. "Good thing I hardly ever ride them, then. I don't seem to have much luck with horses- keep getting them shot out from under me."

"Lady Nyssa, I would be happy to go with you, or I could go in with Dorl there. I'm eager to teach these hags how to dance with death." He grins, and makes a few quick passes with his blades, which he has pulled out and enlarged to their saber forms.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn smiled, "You put to much faith in thy blades, Lothir, what would you do should they be taken from you?" He started walking down the path, "Personally, I have always preffered the straight-forward method first." Gurguch started plodding after him, his feet shuffling. With a slight clank his hands slid forward, a spiked chain unraveling down to drag along the ground, it seemed to be made of smoke, and left no marks on the ground.

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa relaxs "No worries then," she says to Dorl as she walks past him smiling.

"You know what Lothir, you and I are gonna get along famously. i really like knives. " She starts down the path to the left pauses, "actually any sharp shiney object will do."

"Question," she turns and addresses the entire group. "Wouldn't help if we each knew what our companions were capable of? I mean, I know that I am agile, swift, acrobatic and adorable. And you know that I am capable of healing because I am a druid and a cleric. But Do you have any skills that don't fit your class?" She pauses and waits for an answer.

She decides to clarify just in case they are confused. "Like for instance, most of my blades are tipped with poisons. And my weapons are enchanted so they can only be used by people in my family of non-evil alignment."

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn turned around, "Well I have eleven puppets made, a halfling that is practially a walking satchel of poisons, a dire wolf, which tracks for me, a drow assassin, a storm giant, for those all around nasty situations, a roc for long distance combat." He paused, "And this is old Graybeard, never seen a puppet better equipped with explosives than he. Oh, and Gurguch, who is practically my own personal fortress. And I have also had some monk training in... certain monastery in the desert."

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth pauses for a second and thinks.

"Well, I am a ranger, So tracking, Hunting and swordsmanship, and... Well lets face it, I can shoot the eye off a pin from 200 yards away, So you put me infront of an enemy and give me a clear shot, Well... Fight's over! The tips of my arrows are always kept poisoned, and i am pretty stealthy...

I am also a good rider, If i can master riding this gryphon i can ride almost anything."

OOC: Ranger, Windrider, Woodland-Sniper. ;)
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

He shrugged at Lothir. "Suit yourself. I've always prefered to have something else do any tiring work for me."

He turned to Nyssa and spread his arms wide in a mock bow. "Archer, swordsman, and - of course - we can't forget the throwing knives. As well as a few trinkets here and there like healing potions and this stone." he paused, "No offense, but I've had experience with healers running out of their spells. Not a pretty sight. But the knives have drow poison in them. The numbing limbs kind. At least they're good for something." He seemed to not notice some of his drow companions.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Truly, Gareth? 200 yards? I am only good at 150 with my bow. But my blades are swifter, so I will stick to that."

The half-drow studies Alain and rolls her eyes. She's heard every drow comment under the sun. "Yeah well, my dad's a drow, he loves me and he likes poison." As she speaks she reaches into her bag of holding and pulls out a vest that is covered in sharp knives. "So now, I don't leave home with out it." She straps on the vest then turns and heads down the left path.

Nyssa, being very light on her feet, barely touches the ground. Not one cracked branch or one crushed leaf, and yet she moves so swiftly. If her companions don't keep up, they may lose her in the darkness.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~