The Half Moon Inn and Fest Hall- Part Two!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn nodded his thanks, sitting down on the offered seat, "My name is Elwyn, and I am... well, I suppose you could classify under that group of mortals known as adventurers." He noticed the gear that had occupied his seat until not long ago, "Impressive items you have there, the rapier seems to be of foreign make." He heard Gareth's comment, and grinned, "Hardly love birds, I just told the lady my name, but feel free, I do not object to your presence here."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

The half-drow smiled at the man who took the seat next to her. The piercings in her left ear catching the moonlight. Her kind, captivating lavender eyes caught his as she replied, "and I am Nyssa." She reached out to shake his hand. "Its a pleasure to meet you Elwyn. I guess you could call me an adventurer. I like weapons that feel natural to me. So to me, it's not really foreign," she said with a smile.

She shrugged at the Tiefling stand over her. "Sure. There is always room for more." She turned back to the man to seated to her left. "Well, Elwyn, I've never really thought about it. I am a cleric and druid of the Dark Madien. L'Olath Wenress calls and I answer." She cocked her head in a curious manner. "Are you an 'adventurer', Elwyn?" His name, just like most of the words she speaks, roll off her tongue like silk.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"Well," He Said and then began to Carefully drop the heavy bag to the floor, Making sure not to break some of the more fragile objects inside.

"My name is Gareth, Gareth Ravenmantle. Im a ranger of Eilistraee and Elwyn's friend, We go on adventures and stuff but im now hold up in this tavern because of the bad weather, A shame, In the morning it looked like the perfect day for a hunt."
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa chuckles. "Well I guess you are adventurers." She extends her hand to the Tiefling with a warm smile. "Its a pleasure to meet you Gareth. I love the rain. Especially when its not extremely cold. Just a cool rain to ease the sweat from your brow." She reaches to remove her cloak by unclasping the moonstone encrusted crescent moon pin. "Do you boys come here often?" She turns her head and searches for a waiter whilst wondering if the service was always this slow.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn smiled, and shook his head, "No, not particularly... this is my first time so high north. I was born and raised in the dessert, Nyssa, and I was told that there was suitable test for... my style of adventurers, up in this area, and so I have come, along with my friend Gurguch, you might have passed him on your way into the inn."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Heh, I like the rain from time to time... but..." I then looked out the small window and it looked like it was raining bullet sized rain.

"Not when its like this, Anyway, I come here alot, I have a little cottage not far from here but theres more friends here, and more alcohol... *hehe*"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Drina? Is there something on your mind? Did I say or do something wrong?" he asks worriedly, wondering if she has changed her mind about spending time together.

He waits a few more minutes for her answer, but nothins seems forthcoming, so he finally sighs, deciding the picnic is over. He starts to put away the remains of the meal and dishes in the basket, then silently stalks off back to the tavern, hurt at her lack of response to all his attempts to win her attentions. "I guess you're not interested in that swim," he says sourly. "I'll be in the kitchen helping with the dishes, if you change your mind."

Clearly, something is wrong, her mind elsewhere, or else she simply doesn't want the same things he does. The young bard curses silently to himself in drow, a dozen scathing epithets- somehow all aimed at himself for being foolish enouth to think she was truly interested in some pathetic excuse for a noble "prince" who can barely even stomach the thought of killing, even when it's in defence of himself or others.

The thought of it brings back the memory of his own Blooding, the ancient ritual hunt of initiation into the ranks of the adult world of drow. He hadn't even properly completed THAT, having been unwilling to kill the young silver wyrm that was chosen as his prey. Instead, he had managed to make a deal with the dragon to smear him with some of it's blood and give him a fang and some scales as "proof" that he had "slain" the creature, then had led it through the secret tunnels only he knew, to a small sylvan vale on the surface, where it had lived for many years afterward.

He had made many trips to visit his draconic friend over the years, until the day he had gone up to find Sivestrik dead, killed by an old green. He had cried for the young wyrm; after all, it was his secret that had kept the wyrm alive, and no one had ever questioned that he hadn't actually killed him during the ceremony during which he had shown his family the scales and fang, and proudly worn the scars of his "battle" with the silver. He still kept that fang in a pouch on his belt, long with the lock of Ravyn's hair he'd saved.
Relics of lost loved ones.

He stares up at the darkening sky overhead, thinking how ironic it is that it seems to match the turn his mood has taken. He slams the door on his way past the patrons, noticing in passingthat two of the regulars are chatting with a new drow woman. Perhaps he will join them after he takes care of the picnic dishes.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa's voice gave way to a melodic throaty laugh. "So you're an alcoholic, Gareth. No worries." She shrugged in her laughter. "I understand. The world is a rough place."

She took her cloak off and stood up, searching for a place to hang it. Her green and silver dress seemed to give the half-drow an ethereal quality as she crossed the room to put on her cloak on the rack by the door. Her earrings and Eilistraeen holy symbol caught the candlelight and she moved back to her table.

"Elywn what do you mean, 'your sort of adventurer?' And is Gurguch you're friend or your mount?"

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

He let out a light grunt,

"Well, The world has too much terror and hate and violence and Greed for me to stop now. Plus my stone cold reaction to things and the effect of the alcohol has made it so nothing can surprise or shock me. Seriously, A kitten could be walking along and just explode and i woudnt have that much of a reaction. Probably cause i have seen it all, Oh well, Bottoms up"

And he reached into his coat pocket and pulled a silver flash out of the breast pocket. He unscrewed the cap and let in a gulp of the powerful whisky.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shrugged, "Both actually, he is a flesh golem. My sort of adventurers are the type to let others do their fighting. For me it's puppets, " He waved at his old table, which still held the halfling on it, "One of my puppets. I have eleven and a twelfth under construction." He took a sip of his wine, "Not to say I couldn't hold my own in a fight, I have some monk training as well."

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa chuckled at her new companions. She glanced at Elwyn replying, "Puppets huh? I bet I could take you in a fight." She smiled and winked at him.

She looks to Gareth. "I guess its best to bring your own drink." She glanced around one last time for a waiter then sighed. "Do you one of you think you can get me a glass of sweet wine?" She asked with a smile.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Certainly" He said, Lifting himself from the chair and walking over to the barkeeper. "One glass of sweet wine for the sweet lady at that table." He pointed to where Nyssa was sitting. The barkeeper reached under the table and pulled out a tall old looking bottle, He poured the dark red liquid into the glass and slid it towards me.

"Enjoy" i said, putting the glass down infront of her.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn chuckled, "Perhaps, you never know, my puppets might get the best of you, there are eleven, after all." He raised his glass, "But may it never come to that, among us three."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He finishes with the dishes quickly, after a polite explanation to the cook in the kitchen, and a promise to help again later, then goes back out to the taproom, where he notices the odd pair still seated with the young drow woman. He notes her holy symbol with curiosity.

<Wonder why they get so many Eilistraeeans here?> he thinks. <Is there some sort of settlement near-by?>

He orders a bottle of Sembian Red, and strides over to the table with the others. "Pardon, but is there room for a fourth? Seems my picnic was a wash," He looks out the window at the sudden rainstorm- "in more ways than one, appernently." He bows to the female with a smile, waiting for a reply.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

The half-drow maiden smiles, "Thank you Gareth." She raises her glass, "Cheers to that, Elwyn." And takes a sip. "Mmmmm," she makes the noise of pleasure without realizing.

She smiles at the drow who has just approached. "Of course. There is always room for more." She flips her shimmering hair over one shoulder. "It seems I've become popular."

She smiles and a breeze catches the braids in the back of her hair. She turns and notices a panther's head poking through the open door. She seems to stare at the panther for a few seconds before she turns and speaks to her new companions, "Is there some place Cymus can wait inside? He doesn't really like the rain."

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~