The Half Moon Inn and Fest Hall- Part Two!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"I would imagine he could come in if he doesnt cause any trouble, I would probably have my gryphon in here if he didnt like the rain so much, He likes to fly then its raining."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn's eyes opened wide "It's raining?" He quickly got up from the table, and ran to the door. He stood there for a few seconds then stood back, smiling contentedly. A large creature lumbered into the inn, when it rose to full height it was nearly ten feet tall. It wore similar clothing to Elwyn. The thing's head was hidden in a deep cloak. "Well, meet Gurguch, everybody."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

At Gareth's words, Cymus, the panther, enter the Inn. He shook his fur at the door, then went to fire and laid down in front of it. "That's Cymus. He's my animal companion, but he's more like my best friend," Nyssa said with a smile as she noticed the way the panther surveyed her new companions.

"Ah...that's Gurguch. I did pass him on my way in. I get it, he's a flesh golem. Doesn't like water right?"
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Post by Zzadrina Kel'Shri »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":3geny7nt]"Drina? Is there something on your mind? Did I say or do something wrong?" he asks worriedly, wondering if she has changed her mind about spending time together.

He waits a few more minutes for her answer, but nothins seems forthcoming, so he finally sighs, deciding the picnic is over. He starts to put away the remains of the meal and dishes in the basket, then silently stalks off back to the tavern, hurt at her lack of response to all his attempts to win her attentions. "I guess you're not interested in that swim," he says sourly. "I'll be in the kitchen helping with the dishes, if you change your mind."

Clearly, something is wrong, her mind elsewhere, or else she simply doesn't want the same things he does. The young bard curses silently to himself in drow, a dozen scathing epithets- somehow all aimed at himself for being foolish enouth to think she was truly interested in some pathetic excuse for a noble "prince" who can barely even stomach the thought of killing, even when it's in defence of himself or others.

The thought of it brings back the memory of his own Blooding, the ancient ritual hunt of initiation into the ranks of the adult world of drow. He hadn't even properly completed THAT, having been unwilling to kill the young silver wyrm that was chosen as his prey. Instead, he had managed to make a deal with the dragon to smear him with some of it's blood and give him a fang and some scales as "proof" that he had "slain" the creature, then had led it through the secret tunnels only he knew, to a small sylvan vale on the surface, where it had lived for many years afterward.

He had made many trips to visit his draconic friend over the years, until the day he had gone up to find Sivestrik dead, killed by an old green. He had cried for the young wyrm; after all, it was his secret that had kept the wyrm alive, and no one had ever questioned that he hadn't actually killed him during the ceremony during which he had shown his family the scales and fang, and proudly worn the scars of his "battle" with the silver. He still kept that fang in a pouch on his belt, long with the lock of Ravyn's hair he'd saved.
Relics of lost loved ones.

He stares up at the darkening sky overhead, thinking how ironic it is that it seems to match the turn his mood has taken. He slams the door on his way past the patrons, noticing in passingthat two of the regulars are chatting with a new drow woman. Perhaps he will join them after he takes care of the picnic dishes.[/quote:3geny7nt]

Zzadrina opened her mouth, but he had already gone.

[i:3geny7nt][color=indigo:3geny7nt]' Somethings wrong with me today..I can't concentrate.'[/color:3geny7nt][/i:3geny7nt] She let out a loud huff and flumped backwards onto the ground, her hair spilling around on the dark blanket like white silk. She raised her hand as if to capture the sun inside it, but simply looked at the ring that rested on her forefinger, a darkblue stone in a silver setting. The light flickered off of it, highlighting the depths of the beautiful jewel.

Her mind flickered in and out of focus as the sky darkened and rain began to fall. Reluctantly, Drina rose, collecting the blanket and not truly caring if she layed out there in the rain. The rain began to pour from the sky as she stepped back in and pressed the blanket into the arms of a waiting employee. She breezed through the Inn, intending to go upstairs, change, and perhaps read a book, but she paused at the foot of the stairs.

[i:3geny7nt][color=indigo:3geny7nt]' I wasn't fair to him.'[/color:3geny7nt] [/i:3geny7nt]She looked back over her shoulder at the forlorn looking Lothir, and sighed, spinning about. She quickly darted back over to where he stood, looking faintly upset and stood on her tiptoes to kiss him. The kiss she gave the male drow was faint and fleeting, only lasting a few seconds, but so incredibly gentle that it left little to the imagination as to her intent. She rested her forehead against his shoulder, even though her hair was sopping wet from the rain.

[color=indigo:3geny7nt]" I'm sorry I'm so distracted today. This all has made me somewhat maudlin and I found it hard to focus. Come see me when you get a chance, I'll make us something to eat and stoke a fire in my room and we can try the picnic idea again."[/color:3geny7nt] She whispered out so that no one but they could hear. She pressed one last kiss to his cheek, then spun around back up the stairs to change into a non-wet gown and dry out her hair.

((Yeah..school is a biznatch. >.<))
" Hey Lil, what''''s going on in the world news today?"
" Some woman got whacked!"
"....Apparently, this is cause for celebration in Lil Land."
--My friend and I
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn scratched his head, "Well, to an average flesh golem, it wouldn't matter." Elwyn raised up one of Gurguch's sleeves, showing a gleaming adamantine plate, "But Gurguch isn't the average flesh golem. " The plate sank under his skin. Elwyn smiled "Getting the rust off of his inner gears would be a pain."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard stares after Zzadrina as she skips up the stairs, his jaw dropping. <Did she just suggest...?> He shook his head in bewilderment, watching as the huge panther pads over to his mistress. "He's beautiful," he says apreciatively. "Is he friendly?"

He cautiously holds out one hand toward the cat, hoping it doesn't decide to bite it off, and glances toward Nyssa for an answer. <I've never seen one this close,> he thinks with a smile, as the big feline comes closer.

After a few minutes, he decides it's safe, and offers the panther a bit of left-over chicken from the rained-out picnic. "I'm Lothir, by the way. Pleased to meet you, fair Lady. And you are?" He asked, bowing slightly to the half-drow woman. "Er, and it's nice to meet- Gurguch, too. A flesh golem? You, my friend, are a strange one!" he chuckles, with one brow raised toward Elwyn.

He lifts his glass to Gareth and the female. "A toast- to new aquaintences, and hopefully, better weather on the morrow."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Well, I will certainly drink to that," Elwyn smiled, "And I have been called far worse before." Taking a sip he winked at Lothir, "As have you, I presume and yet here we both are, both foreign to the world we were born into, and yet we refuse to keel over and join it, eh?"

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He gives the human a devilish grin. "Heh, speak for yourself. I for one, enjoy 'joining it' whenever I get the chance!" He casts a meaningful glance at Nyssa and back up the stairs where Zzadrina disappeared.

"But, yes, I have been called worse. I think I've heard just about every insult, foul epithet, or outright curse you can imagine. My own sister used to threaten to feed my sensitive nethers to her riding lizard on an almost daily basis. Thank the Goddess she never actually tried." He snickers, then gulps down a bit more wine. "Reminds be of a song," he says snarkily, going into a little ditty.

"Bring me some whiskey mother,
I'm feeling frisky, mother!
Bring me a sheep for I am lonely tonight-

I need a lover, mother,
No, not my brother, mother!
Bring me a sheep for I am lone-ly!"

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn smiled, "Ah yes, a most appropriate song, considering the company," A quiet whirring came out of Gurguch, and he seemed to slump a little, Elwyn frowned, and looked over his familiar, "Hmm, strange, I thought I just recharged him not long before our trip..." He stood up, and with a pull of his arm ,pulled off Gurguch's cloak, showing the stitching that held together the golem's massive chest. With a touch to the seams, he caused the skin on the chest to part, showing a small dark crystal, there was water dripping off of it, "Aww gods take it all." Elwyn growled under his breath.

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

She smiles at the drow, "I'm Nyssa. Its a pleasure. This is Cymus. He's...friendly but he can be a bit moody. But be aware...he's not a pet. Just my companion. Its easier if you treat him like you would a humanoid stranger." She smiles and raises her glass for the toast. "Here, here!" She turns to the new acquaintance. "That's a beautiful song. Are you and the uh...lady...and item? If so...I could be wrong...but that looked like and invitation." She smiled and winked.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He snorts at Nyssa's mention of the "beautiful song" and almost chokes on his wine. "Beautiful?! Well, that's one I never heard!! At least you're not offended, I see. Never can tell when someone might take a bawdy tune the wrong way."

He glances back down at Cymus, then smiles. "I wasn't thinking he was a pet- I've been around a few rangers and such before- but I've never seen a companion quite so big. Not the sort of creature I would want to annoy, that's certain."

Then he glances over toward the again, shaking his head with a little shrug. "As to the lady, we- er, well, I'm not quite sure what we are yet. Every time I think I have it figured out, she goes and acts in a way that confuses me. But that's a woman for you, I suppose. As changing as the weather. No offence meant, of course."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn nodded, and chuckled silently, "True words about baudy songs... saw a bard's head almost taken by a king for such a tune. The subjects loved it."
Elwyn took out the crystal, and stuffing Gurguch's cloak into its place closed the place it was in. He sat down at the table again, and placed it on the table, a look of disgust on his face. Gurguch just stood there, slumped where he stood.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He grins nervously. "Sorden's bolts! That's a bit harsh. One reason why I never perform for people who could have me executed. Too dangerous- especially if they happen to be in a foul mood to begin with. That is simply asking to get oneself beheaded!"

He watches with curiosity while Elwyn sets the gem on the table. "Something wrong with your, er, toy? You know, I don't think I've ever seen anyone use things like that before. Or even heard of it. Rather amazing, actually. I hope you don't mind if I watch. Always interested in the new and unusual."

NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa once again lets out a throaty laugh. "I meant you sang it beautifully. The song it self was very entertaining. I personally love bawdy songs...but that just me. But I don't sing...I'm more of a dancer."

She chuckles once more. "No offense taken. That's what we women are. Ever changing like the moon. Just be patient. Women are complex creature. Some times we say what we don't mean and sometimes we say [i:3pmgsgia]exactly[/i:3pmgsgia] what we mean and men get confused." She takes a sip of her wine. "Which is why I have come into the habit of saying exactly what I mean, so there is no confusion, no cryptic message. Just the truth."

She looks towards her companion who appeared more relaxed now. "Cymus was with me when I took my first druid oath and has been with me ever since. It really was that long ago, actually. And he always there to remind me of the oaths I have taken, for nature and Eilistraee, lest I forget." She smiles reminded of a memory.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The handsome bard perks up when she mentions dancing. His eyes light up, with a friendly smile. "Dancer? Truly? What a coincidence. I don't suppose you have ever attended a nedriarra? That happens to be my forte. I'm what some call a battledancer, or a dervish if you're familiar with that term."

He gives her a little bow, and looks thoughtful for a moment. "And thank you for the compliment, by the way. Hmm, here's one you might apreciate, being a druid." He starts to sing again, with his lute out, strumming along with the words of the wistful melody.

http://www.imeem.com/moronicmin/music/J ... n-the-sea/

(lyrics)

In the sea
The fish have learned to fly
On a moonlit night
On wings of silver
As the enchanted stars
Sail serenely by

Do they know?
Where do unicorns go?
Where winged horses fly
Narwhales lost at sea
And never seen again.

Go, go nest the magpie
Where do unicorns go?

In the trees
The birds have learned to speak-
Every color
They keep their secrets
In a parade of flowers.
Playing hide and seek.

chorus

Does myth and mystery lie?
Where do unicorns go?