The Half Moon Inn and Fest Hall- Part Two!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn smiled, "Ah lady, you misjudge my intentions, I need no hags to prove my toughness, I too merely wish to dispose of some evil creatures that have been allowed to exist for too long.... ah and perhaps to find some items that I have need of."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun gave a large grin. "Can i git me somethin' ta eat afore we go out an' git ta work?"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"It is the wonderful to find rare items, or simply ones that have great value, after you slay something evil, isn't it?" she looks over her glass at Elwyn as she takes a sip of wine.

"I could probably use another bag of holding. And I happen to be very fond of drow items...you know the ones that only drow can use. Like my cloak," she says motioning to the coat rack by the door. "My father gave me that. It was his matron's before she was ...well...murdered. Can you imagane, and entire house of drow, none of them evil, living in the Underdark. I don't know how they survived," Nyssa says shaking her head.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: LOL! Gareth, I was referring to that coment about killing things with music (since he was playing just a little earlier). Yes, I know it was a joke, he was just being snarky. No offence taken or meant- just good fun!

IC: "Nyssa, my dear, heaven forbid anyone should ever mistake me for some hulking "tough-guy" warrior. Those are a copper a dozen. But you're right, of course. I too, enjoy fighting evil, wherever it is found. Your House was Eilistraeean, then? I've heard that some exist. They probably survived the same way I did- by hiding what they were until they could find their own place. That seems the only way to live when you're surrounded by spider-vithin lunatic Matrons."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"My father tells me stories," Nyssa begins, "of how my grandfather used to bribe the Conclave. The Conclave is a collection of male sorcerers who rule Sshamath. Father says they were allowed to even exist because they were constantly at battle with the followers of The Spider Queen. Apparently they racked up quite the body count before the priestesses even started to notice. And when they did, my true mother and her other daughters were slaughtered for betraying them. My father carried my mother, who was pregnant with me at the time and sought a way to save us. Of course dramatically, he could only save one of us, but I wasn't quite ready."

Nyssa takes a breath. "He used they're combined magic to place my essence in the belly of a human Eilistraeen cleric, who he later took to be his new bride. She sacrificed herself for me. I remember all of this from my own memory and I wasn't yet born. It was mostly because she shared it with me in the womb, but, " Nyssa's voice had dropped to almost a whisper, "after she was gone, there was no one to tell me what was going on, no one to allow me to see it through their eyes. She believed I should know the path of the Dark Maiden early, before I could be swayed. I never got to thank her ---"

Nyssa stops abruptly and takes a deep breath. Then starts again. "I have always felt her loss. She used to tell me I was the only one of her daughters that she could commune with this way. I was strangely born only half drow. My father blamed himself that he didn't have enough power to keep us both alive so have a half drow child is his punishment. He got over it once his new mate died. She was very irrating. I mean I appreciated the raising me like her own, but she actually tried to replace my mother in both of our lives...and that was just not happening." Nyssa stops and thinks. "I don't know why I just shared all of that with you. I must trust you somehow."

She finishs of her wine then signals the barkeep. She actually was a little hungry when she thought about it. "Mmmm... I could really use some cake and cheese right now."

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

ooc: kay'

(Gareth starts tapping on the tables)

"HERES THE POWER OF DEADLY MUSIC *ROAR*"
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"How 'bout some roast pig an' some o' that there bread?" Dorl'veszaun requested of the barmaid.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir laughs and shakes his head at Gareth's antics, then thinks for a long moment before answering Nyssa.

"My own birth wasn't nearly so complicated, though I was told I had a twin sister who died in the womb- her cord was ripped out somehow just a few weeks before birth. My troubles didn't truly start until I began to come of age. When I was a child, I used to spend hours listening to Ravyn tell me stories or sing to me at night when she would find me sneaking into my father's library to read the books he had taken as loot from his many raids. I loved her songs, and she was more like a mother to me than mine EVER was.

It was Ravyn who first discovered that our House Mage had- well, he was punished severely for what he did, that is certain. My mother drug me into the temple to watch while she and the other priestesses turned him into a drider. She said it would show me what happenedto males who didn't learn their place.

Then I got sent off to Telamurin D'Thalack, and when I came back, things had changed. I saw her as a man, instead of a child. I suppose that's why I loved her so- she was the only one who ever treated me as more than some tool to hold power."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shook his head, coming out of deep memories, "Ah yes... personally I prefer the items to the killing, and the corpses to the the items, but occasionally I find myself in need of sport, or practice, and evil creatures certainly fit the bill on both counts."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He gives Elwyn an arch glance, and shakes his head with a grin.
"Have you ever thought of finding a less- macabre- pasttime, El?"

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shrugged, "What is macabre for you is how I make a living, and in any case, I also study martial arts, which I doubt one could call macabre."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Does Elwyn have a sense of humor? Just wondering, he didn't seem to get the joke- or was he just ignoring it? (Yes, Lothir's a bit of a joker at times, but all in good fun.)

IC: He lets out a long sigh, realizing the ribbing fell flat, and decides to play a little, just to pass time. <Wonder where Tal and Triss got off to?> he thinks to himself. <And Drina went up to her room and hasn't come back down yet- should I go check on her?> He seems a bit melancholy, strumming a wistful tune softly, barely even aware of what he's playing.

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun's food arrived and he tore into the food with a great passion.
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Hmmm... maybe I should order too," Nyssa think aloud. She approaches the bar and orders Gazpacho with Spinach Pie and Roasted Vegetables, then saunters back towards her own table where her companions and wine are waiting. Cymus, arises from next to the fire and moves towards the door. Nyssa detours slightly to open it for him, then returns to her seat.

"Its stopped raining."

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"Great! Im going to go for a ride on my gryphon and cook my own food, It always tastes better than anything from inns, Goodbye friends"