The Half Moon Inn and Fest Hall- Part Two!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: You got that right, Elwyn- it's just too funny!

IC: He gapes. A paladin?! He knows there are drow who follow human gods, but this is the first time he's ever heard of such a thing. "Paladin of whom, if you don't mind my asking? I don't believe I've ever met a dark elf who was a holy knight- it just doesn't seem possible..."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Close your mouth, Lothir. You looked shocked. You should know by know that anything is possible. Some things are very, very rare, but they're still possible." Nyssa gracefully gets up moves to the bar ordering a glass of water, then walks to the paladin's table.

She sets the glass on the table before him, smiling."What your name? I am Nyssa. I have a last name too, but its not important. I am a druid, and a cleric of Eilistraee. My companion," she motions to the panther resting by the fire, "is Cymus."

She waves her hand gracefully at her table. "And these are my new friends." she motions to each one. "You've already met Lothir, that's Elwyn and Gareth" then she motions towards the flesh golem. "Oh and that's Gurguch. He's a pet of Elwyn's, but he doesn't talk much."

She begins to walk back towards her table, then stops and turns back towards the paladin. "You still didn't tell me your name."
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He shakes his head a little at Nyssa's comment, then watches curiously as she begins tointroduce herself and the others to the stranger. "I know it's possible," he mutters to himself. "I SEE it, I just can't quite believe it...."

Finally, he shrugs, and nods when she points to him, before calling over the server to order some stew and Waterdavian potatoes. He digs through his pouch for the coins, then holds it up thoughtfully. "Going to have to find some more funds soon- starting to run low..." he says with a small frown. "Anyone know of any monsters that need slaying hereabouts? Or better yet, a vicious dragon that could use a little pruning of its hoard?"

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

The big drow blushed even more. "I'm Dorl'Veszaun. I'm a paladin o' that Kelemvor. I done told y'all i was raised by some chauntean farmers. They got kilt by some sorta zombie vampire thing, so i went an' kilt the damned thing myself! Y'all got any o' that soft bread? That's some good stuff. I'm kinda embarrassed. Um... You a fighter? how do ya go 'bout killin' yer monsters? Lothir right?
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"We usually hack at them with blades untill they stop moving, But Lothir here likes to kill them, WITH THE POWER OF MUSIC!" Personally i like a good blade to the neck or throught or maybe a slice to the chest, An arrow is always good though..."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn scoffed, "Your arrows and blades amount to nothing if you have to dodge something you can't see attacking from all directions." To prove his point, he put his hands together, and when he pulled them apart, almost invisible wires stretched between them, he turned to the paladin, "But do not take my words to heart, all I know of drow is formed of poor stories told by the campfires to scare children."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth drew his sword lightly and pokes elwyn in the back, Pushing him slightly forward and putting a slight hole in the back of his shirt.

"Useless eh? Well if you were the big bad monster i guess you would be dead. *hehehe*"

Regardless, I see that the rain has died down a bit.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn just smiles wickedly at Gareth, "Oh but of course, Sir Ranger, you did not even poke me."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

OOC: Yeah, i kinda did actually.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: I would explain, but that would be giving away most of Elwyn's secrets... not what I want to do... but if I must...

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard sighs and shakes his head at the display of machismo, wondering if all humans feel the need to one-up others, or if this is merely a particularly cocky specimen of the race.

"Gareth, were you trying to say my playing is bad? Have a care, friend, or I'll show you how to dance with death!" He chuckles. Then he turns to the paladin.

"Kelemvor, eh? So does that make you a knight of the living dead?" he snorts at the image that brings to mind. "I once heard of a knight who fought for the rights of undead- seems he believed it was wrong to makes slaves of such creatures, since they were once living beings with souls, so he killed evil necromancers and priests to free their undead minions. Rather odd, but who can know the minds of any god's faithful?"

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun looked digusted and spit at the mention of "Undead Rights". "Undead are unnatural and ought ta be kilt as quick-like as we can git 'em kilt so that they can go up to wherever it is that they wanna go. Lothir, I heared 'bout a group o' hags out east, wanna go?"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He chuckles at the mention of hags, and winks at Dorl'ves'zaun.

"Hags, eh? Sounds like my mother's last ritual circle. Certainly, why not? I'm always ready for an adventure. You know, you really should meet my friend Talwyn, wherever he is. He's a palidin to Torm, and I'm sure you'd get along well. He's been off with a young lady of late, doing gods-only-know-what; though I'm sure I can guess." He snickers again at the little innuendo.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn perked up at the mention of a possible hag trove, those contained some items that he needed, "I would be happy to accompany you, as I need a crystal to replace this one." He pulled out the crystal taken from Gurguch.

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa also perks up at the thought of some sword wielding action. "If you men are done trying to be tough guys, I would love to go put an end to some evil things."
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~