The Half Moon Inn and Fest Hall- Part Two!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa reaches in her bag swiftly and grabs her pair of ((click for image --->))[url=http://www.moondancebellydance.com/veils:36jghfiy]black and white silk fans[/url:36jghfiy]. She accepts the hand offered to her and moves onto the dance floor.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The music is soft and slow at first, then suddenly speeds up into a faster tempo, then into a still more complex and fast tune. The bard twirls her around the floor expertly, as she weaves intricate patterns in the air with her fans. He weaves in and out of the silk rivers with ease, his blue eyes alive with the sheer exhileration of the sensual, energetic moves.

http://www.imeem.com/painexnatasha/musi ... -learning/

http://www.imeem.com/dude911/music/aXqD ... ll-whelan/

http://www.imeem.com/artists/maire_brea ... n-dervish/

"Ah, THIS is life, don't you agree?" he asks Nyssa with a wide smile, hardly breathing hard even after several minutes of such exertion.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn watched their dancing, and as the dance progressed, the further his jaw dropped, when they were finished, Elwyn almost started crying, "Amazing," He called out, standing up to applaud the two, "Drow never cease to amaze me. How could such a race known as ruthless killers dance so wonderfully?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa closes her fans with a snap and a smile, "Hence why I am a dancer, Lothir." She catches her breath before she responds to Elwyn.

"First, I will point out that I am only half drow. Second, drow like many of the elven and fae races love beauty, but the drow are the only ones who forbid dancing. Third, " she returns to her seat."you find in every society that there is a rebel...or several. And who wants conform to what society tells you anyway?"

She pauses, taking a sip of wine. She sets her glass down. "I mean, drow society dictates that I, a beautiful half-drow maiden, would be a slave, less than human, simply because a drow male got an elven woman pregnant. Then there is the whole thing about him supposed to have killed her...but that's something else."

She sighs, then looks Elwyn in the eye. "Who would you rather be, a worthless cruely treated slave who has no heritage, no one to love you, for fear they will be punished for showing kindness? Or would you rather be a dancing druid and cleric, able to go where you please, meet wonderful people and be able to love and be loved in return?"

She breaks the stare, then takes a large sip of wine.
Last edited by NyssaRilynana on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Well, i'm a from them farms over yonder towards that there Chauntean shrine in the west. I been wonderin' around lookin' for stuff to do and tryin' to not git kilt. Can any o' y'all tell me what in the abyss them fellers were doin' hoppin' around like that?" The large drow said. "What've y'all got fer food 'round here?"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard rolls his eyes. "Sweet Goddess, his speech reminds me of the time I spent on my father's ship. If we weren't so far from the Sword Coast, I'd swear he was a sailor!" He wanders back over to the table for a long drink after so much excercise. He lets the spell on his lute drop, catching it as it falls from the air.

He bows to Nyssa briefly, and kisses her hand politely. "Thank you for a marvelous dance, milady. It was a pleasure. Mind, dancing was never forbidden where I come from- in fact, as I mentioned earlier, they were quite fond of the competitive ones, but those usually ended up in drunken orgies. And WOE to the male who tried to get out of THAT!"

He smirks at the memory of those wild dances, with the lusty Matrons and priestesses always grasping at any handsome male who happened by. He'd endured more than his share of unwanted attention at those parties, but had done his "duty" none-the-less. It was nice to simply do what he enjoyed without having to deal with groping hands and wine-besotted lips all over him simply because he was young, male, and pleasing to their covetous eyes.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shrugged, "I have had little patience for either, so I have tried to skirt those activities." He waved at the inert Gurguch, "He's not much of a dancer."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Well, i see that none o' y'all are gonna tell me what kinda eatin' stuff ya got, so anyone wanna tell me what the hells is a goin' on around here?" The drow looked annoyed at being ignored by all these 'fancy folk'
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth gives a grunt and walks over to the bar counter, He lifts a menu and tosses it to the big drow man.

"Read and decide"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Way to go, Gareth- that's showing tact, LOL!!!

IC: He sighs, and excuses himself for a moment from the group to go over to the hulking drow.

"Pardon, traveller, but it's considered poor manners by most to interrupt a conversation. If you like, you may join, and incidently, I'd order the Tethyran Red- it's one of the best wines here. As to what's going on- well, we're all just enjoying a bit of friendly company and some music and dancing, as you can see. Does that help?"

He bows slightly, then goes back over to the table with the others. "Well, that should settle that little problem. Let's just hope he's more pleasant when he's had something to eat and drink." he says in a low tone, winking.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shook his head, and smiled, "Ah yes, now that is a drow I can almost understand." He said quietly, "I have heard many stories of drow like him." Elwyn grinned slightly.

Zyeke
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

The big drow blushed, "I'm sorry, i hadn't realized that i was interruptin' y'alls conversation. Thank ya fer yer suggestion but i ain't much of a wine dranker, i'll just have water if that's alright... By the way i ain't no sailor, i'm a paladin, i've always a-talked this way, i was raised with it. I'm sorry." He moved to sit in the corner and set his head on his arms. "Just wanted someone ta talk to. didn't mean no insult." he whispered.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

OOC: Arent we suck-upish today Lothir.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: :p Funny, Gareth!! No, he's just always polite to others. It's not only part of the Dark Maiden's creed, but it's his up-bringing, too. You don't grow up in a high-ranked House full of easily-angered priestess and a cold-blooded pirate for a father, and not learn to be civil!! :devil:

IC: He turns in his seat, giving the big drow a mock salute. "None taken, sir. Really, there is nothing wrong with your speech- though it DOES remind me of some very bad memories." He grimaces a moment, then smiles.

"Please, feel free to join us, or not, if you prefer. There is always room for more company. You might want to grab another chair, though. None left over here." Then he glances around to the others, as it has occured to him that they might have another opinion. "I can't speak for any one else here, of course, but I don't mind if you sit with us."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn was surprised, and he hoped his face didn't show it. An uncouth paladin drow, that was almost too much for his formed picture of the deadly race, "Well met, sir paladin, I am Elwyn, of the Great Desert."

Zyeke