Hard Landing

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

He seems relieved once he spots the other Serothan, though his faceplate conceals his expression. He motions for the group to halt, a more or less universal signal.

"Hello there, stranger. Do you happen to know where we are?"
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth looks around, Following the group as normal... Until his eyes drift to a large figure in the darkness. He taps on everyone's shoulder and points to the figure.

"Oh, My, GAWD!"

He loudly announces, as he draws his sword.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: Wow, nice timing, I was gonna have some random ghoul...

IC: Elwyn looked at the drow, he raised his hands, and the metallic sand in his gourd flowed out to form a small wall between him and the drow, "Who are you? Speak swiftly, or I will assume you an enemy of Lord Nathree."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard steps foreward cautiously, toward the large drow in the shadows, for he can see much better than the others. "Who are you- friend or foe?" he asks, adjusting his grip on his twin sabers. His blue eyes glow slightly red, as he attempts to size up the stranger.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

The large drow looked them all in the eye. "I'm a paladin. I ain't even sure what in tha hells is a goin' on 'round here. I been asearchin' for a way ta git back up ta where there's folks whats done heard o' Kelemvor, and that ain't gonna try an' git me kilt."
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

Ven gives pause, though he keeps his rifle at the level. He turns to Lothir, puzzlement in his voice.

"Can you make out what he's saying? It's some strange dialect of...well, I don't know..."

OOC: Sorry, man. I couldn't help but tease you just a little. I'm from the South myself, if it helps.

At lease Ven didn't ask you to say 'tater.' :D
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Hey another Southerner!! Cool. Me too.

IC: He just shrugs, with a puzzled look. "Got me."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shook his head, "Ah, you must forgive my companions, they must be addled by the tension in this place." He lowered his hands, "We were taken here against our will."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

Ven wonders to himself what Elwyn means by tension; he's actually a little bit relieved to be actively working towards completing his mission. Never mind the fact that all projections indicated a 90 percent mortality rate for this assignment. If he managed to find what he was looking for, well...

One dal'Seroth's life was a fair price if it would buy his people the artifact, he reasoned.

He lowered his rifle, seeing that the drow wasn't hostile, then sent a subvocal command to his helmet. The visor pared back, revealing his face as he looked the newcomer up and down.

Ancestor's teeth, man. I don't think I've ever encountered a dal--a drow your size before. You said you're a paladin? We have paladins back home, too. Demonslayers, mainly, though we do get the odd gith or illithid attack now and again."

He holds out his hand, smiling slightly. "I'm Lieutenant Ven Alil and these are my traveling companions Elwyn, Lothir and Gareth," he says as he gestures to each in kind. "If you're looking for a way out then I can't help you, I'm afraid. Our arrival was...abrupt."

He thinks for a moment. "By the way, you wouldn't have happened to see a small sapphire shaped like a pair of teardops lying about, would you?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn smiles, "Perhaps it would be best if you showed it to him, while we make our way." He continues walking down the hall, the glow on his hand revealing a slight curve in the tunnel wall. He goes around the bend, and continues on for a few more steps, when suddenly, the white glow vanishes, along with the sound of his steps.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Wonderful. This can't be good..." Lothir mutters, and cautiously creeps up toward where Elwyn disappeared. <This is why lights underground are dangerous,> he thinks with a silent sigh. He peeks around the bend to see what is beyond.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

To his drow eyes, the tunnel seems to simply end, the area where he looks is simply an area of pure darkness, devoid of any sort of texture, or light sources. Elwyn's foot prints simply stop, one cut off halfway into that area.

Zyeke
Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

"Vith," he mutters to himself. His visor closes back down, allowing him to access his HUD's night optics once more. He frowns and begins flipping through the various sensor arrays starting with infared, then UV, etc.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun looked back to where the human disappeared. "Aw, hells!" He muttered rather loudly. "Gotta tell them folks that 'tain't smart to be a'goin' 'round with a dang light, size o' the sun!" He said to the others as he readied his great spear and put his shield before him.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Well, it looks like he went through here, but what happened to him? His light is gone- which means this darkness is too strong for anything but sunlight to banish. Anyone want to chance it?" He asks the others, still feeling uneasy about Elwyn's disappearance. Then again, the human DID seem a little over-cocky. But he has no wish to repeat the mistakes of others, so decides it best to discuss it with the others first.