The Temple & Grounds Role Playing Area

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

(raiseing his hand to calm the newcomer)
"peace bother. it's aparent that this lovely lady has no intition on burnig down the temple or scarificing us to loth"

(turning his head to ix)"but i must confess you have givein me quite the condrum your not like most lolthites and your not trying to kill us. youll pardon me if i quote a freand (claears his throt and begins to talk like an orc)WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS ARE YOU DOING UP HEAR"
Last edited by Thalon Mercrow on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

*Gives Thalon the kind of "he's got a point here" look.*
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Maya looks a bit embarrassed, fidgeting a bit with her clothing as she thought on what to say. How [i:129d0p6i]did[/i:129d0p6i] you reply to someone that was grateful for you not killing them anyway?

- "Eh~hehheh. Well, that's what the other Clerics said back at the Temple, and i kind of ended up getting sent up here. Alone. And stuff." ^^;;;

She looked around, biting a bit nervously on her lip as she looked at the others. Sensing its mistress' unease, Scylla returned to the young Drow's side, nuzzling her hand in an attempt to comfort her.

- "Hm? Oh, and this is Scylla, my spider. Poor dear followed me all the way up here." <3
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

How sweet! - replied Argoth with amusement - A Lolthian, with a pet spider, in the middle of Eilistriaee's followers! That I did not expect to see...

*He stopped for a while. He suddenly realised his exclamation could have been a little out of place...*

I do hope you do not feel offended. After all you ARE a rare site to us, to me. Sit! Eat! Drink with us! You are most welcome!

*Prooving he did not mean anything offensive he passed onto her a skin of wine.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

I apologize, Ix, that is, if you truly are not like the other Llothites. I've had a few run ins with some of them... not very nice people.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Ay my friend that is more then true. But alas, time is running short upon us, and we have not yet dinned! Such a misfortune, I am starving and eager to celebrate!
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

*Talwyn watched the byplay between the drow & elves with a degree of puzzlement. Clearly Maya was a bit strange. After all, what cleric of an evil goddess, who is the mortal enemy of the good goddess whos' temple she is in and doesn't see the obvious problem that this situation presents must be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Now she isn't behaving erractically or violently, and she's actually been quite pleasant however it could all be a cunning plan to lull us all into a sense of false security, he ruminated to himself as he rubbed his chin thoughtfully.*

"Well then Maya, as long as you keep your pet restrained and away from other people then there will be no immediate problem. Do note though that since it is your pet, you're responsible for it and if it harms anyone or decides to make a mess by building webs, you have to deal with it and suffer the consequences," he said to her in a manner of fact tone. T

Turning to Argoth, "Now you mentioned feasting. Rooky brough some venison back from her hunting I believe. I'll set to butching the animals and dressing the carcasses if you lot get the fires going. Also someone will have to dig a hole so the offal can be buried. We don't want to leave a pile of deers guts laying about rotting and stinking up the gardens now do we?"
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Realising people were trying to make her feel better, Maya decided to ignore the feeling of unease she was apparently causing, and took the wineskin from Argoth. Though not exactly a heavy drinker to say the least, she still filled her cup half full before handing it over to the person next to her, so they could pour themselves a drink as well. At Talwyn's polite warning, she nodded at him, trying to reassure the paladin that that wouldn't happen.

- "Nah, don't worry, she hardly ever builds webs during the day. I never really keep her restrained though, i did my best teaching her manners." ^_^

Smiling at the dire spider, it makes its way over to her, chittering enthousiastically. Maya hugs it before sharing some of her salad with itand the creature does indeed seem content to remain where it is, near its mistress.
-----
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Nonsense! - cried Argoth - Come now. Despite the horrors of the Underdark I have to get rid of my prejudices to these creatures.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Coming from under the archway leading out to the outer sanctum and the gates, came the huge figure of the long awaited meal. The huge form walked in, carrying three buck corpses on her. She waved to Talwyn and pointed towards the kitchen window on the floor above.
:3
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

*Talwyn beckoned Rooky to follow him around behind the temple to an area which was set aside for the gardens and waste disposal. She carried the bucks easily and he quickly grabbed a shovel and set to digging a deep hole near a large tree. He was careful not to cut any of the main roots of the tree and in about 5 minutes of fast digging, he'd dug about 3 foot down and made the hole roughly 2 foot in diameter. Above was a large extending branch from the truck of the tree which he quickly threw a rope over and secured it fastly. Then using the excess rope, he tied the front legs of each carcass, and hoisted then over the pit. He removed his gear, stripping to the waist and pulling a very sharp looking poinard from his weapons belt, he cut each buck from anus to mid chest carefully. Then he openned the abdominal cavity and careful not to cut the bowels, set to removing the offal which slopped into the pit below. He was fast and efficient in his butchering and dressing of each carcass. It was bloody and messy work and soon he was up to his arms in blood and gore.
Rooky looked on, slightly salivating at the glistening pile of offal in the pit.*
"That about does it I think. I'll set to spit roasting 2 and butcher up the 3rd for prime cuts like steaks and for a stews," he said to the distracted Rooky whose eyes was locked onto the bloody quivering feast in the pit. She nodded absent-mindedly.

He walked over to a water pump and quickly got it pumping and washed off the blood and gore from his work and began to whistle a jaunty tune.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Argoth, of course, followed them. He looked at the site of butchery.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

The sight of food reminded Maya of how hungry she was. Food didn't exactly grow on trees, y'know... Wait, so technically it did, but since she'd never even seen a tree before being sent out of the Underdark it might as well been a christmas tree for all the use it had for her.

Mmm... roasted meat and potatoes and water and veggies and...
-----
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

She watched the paladin finish up, and continued to speak
"I'll take the bucks up to the kitchen. We could have thrown the guts out to the forest. You got all the spices you need?
:3
Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

A grin spreads across the woman's face. " Aww thank you for the acorn!" she told the puppy, rewarding it with a nice scratch behind the ears.

Absently rubbing it's neck, she watched her husband and Rooky get ready to prepare the bucks that Rooky had very kindly brought back to the group.