The Temple & Grounds Role Playing Area

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Well, even an owlbear, bearowl, or whatever they're called, they still are eatable! I do hope Rooky will bring back some. The poor dear must be starving.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Hey! Knock it off already, I'm right here!
*a loud grumbling voice came from a window up above them*
If you wanted to eat, speak or entertain married women you could have just said so...
Keep your shorts, on for the food. I spotted a few big bucks back in the woods. I'll go grab them. We had pork chops for the last feast some moron though up of it.
*the woman shook her head, and put her head back through the window, grumbling as she went*
:3
Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

*laughs and looks at Talwyn* Not yet dear. I'll let you know when I am. *eyes sparkle briefly with amusement *
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

*smirks at Jhaelystra and give sher a brief cuddle*

"You're as fickle as the wind my dear at times but I still love you,"

*Turning to Argoth*

"Will Rooky need any help? Or shall we set about getting things in preperation here? I'm quite a decent cook and have some herbs and spices in my pack which we can use to season the meat before roasting it. I might even make a stew as well, depending on how much meat Rooky comes back with."
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

*Grins at Talwyn and leans on his arm* Of course I am my darling.. And I love you too.. Your food isn't bad either *Teasing tone*
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

OOC: Sorry for quoting, but it's over a page ago

[quote="Talwyn Aureliano":yjlruisj]*Talwyn smirked wryly at Thalon but looked at Maya askance with a slight frown for a long moment before speaking*

"By Torm, has there been no one here that has seen a couple together showing a bit of affection?"

*Chuckling quietly and gaving Jhaelystra a gentle squeeze, he whispered to her*

"Seems we've blessed in more ways than one Jhae."

*Turning back to Maya, he gazed intently at her for a long moment, his eyes searching deeply into hers, as if looking at her very soul*

"I'd have thought that a priestess of the Spider Queen would be seeking to destroy this place of harmony? How can it be that you claim to follow Lolth yet act as though nothing is amiss?
I must admit I'm skeptical of anyone who serves Lolth. Treachery is her calling card. Be warned Maya, the Loyal Fury tasks Tormtar to serve and defend absolutely, all those who serve goodly faiths. This I do with the uptmost diligence and vigilance is my watchword."

*He spoke with softness and quiet confidence, his eyes never leaving Maya*

"I hope that High Priestess Shir'le has somehow seen some good in you and that you are on the path to redemption."[/quote:yjlruisj]

After having returned Thalon's greetings, blushing slightly as he took her hand, Maya turned back to the human paladin again, raising an eyebrow in amusement as he looked at her intently. He wasn't going to kiss her hand as well now, would he? :p

However, she couldn't help but blink at Talwyn as he spoke of Lolth, a bit puzzled as to why he seemed so negative about the Spider Goddess. Still, she wrote it off as him being a paladin -- they were zealous like that sometimes. What came after that was kind of unexpected though, and brought a small giggle out of the young drow.

- "Huh? Redemption? I'm fine with following Lolth though *giggles* ...Who's this Shir'le person anyway?" :)

She kept smiling as the music started playing again, still amused at Talwyn's joke about converting her to his beliefs... Though he didn't look as if he'd appreciate her returning the offer. Neither would Lolth, actually.
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

He blinked momentarily with uncomprehension and looked at Maya with a puzzled frown before taking in a deep breath and speaking.

"Umm...as far as I know, Shir'le is the high priestess of Eilistraee, or was when I was last here? Has there been a change over the last few years since I was last about?" he asked Thalon and Argoth.

"And with regards to redepmtion, well....I'll try to be as diplomatic as I can....Lolth is not regarded as a goddess of sunshine, rainbows, hugs, candy and puppies. Rather, she generally engenders the typical response, and I'm generalising a bit here, of screaming in utter panic, inducing pants wetting terror and inflicting horrible painful deaths in most of the people who've had the misfortune to run ino her. *ahem* So this is why I'm just a LITTLE skeptical of having one of her priestesses here who proports to worship the Spider Queen. And please dont misunderstand me, it's not Torm, the True God I'm asking to to embrace but Eilistraee, the Dark Maiden. However, if you are interested in what Torm has to offer, I think I've got some pamphlets somewhere on the joys of becoming a follower of the Loyal Fury that you could read?" he ended with a hopeful smile.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

*looks up at the mention of puppies* Puppies? Where?
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"BARK!"

The large pup wagged it's tail merrily, waiting for someone to play with him.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

So you don't eat your meat raw... Hmm... That's fine with me, I guess. *With a sort've a Jack Sparrow look, holding the wine* Let's celebrate then mates!
Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

ooh a puppy! *smiles at it*
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

"If it's a party we be having, then lets get on with it. And yes, we'll be roasting the meat lad, although steak tartare isn't too bad either if you've got the right spices to flavour the meat."

Talwyn then rummaged in his pack and withdrew a battered old but servicable lute. He checked it over, plucking and tuning a few strings. Catching some curious glances he smiled and said,

"I'm no bard but I can play reasonably well."

He finished tuning the lte, strummed a few experiemental chords that sounded quite alright. Nodding with satisfaction, he turned to Argoth.

"Argoth, d'ye reckon you could perhaps follow me as I play this familiar tune? I know a good old song that the sailors would sing in the pubs on the wharf in Tantras. It's a lively tune and goes a little like this..."

He hummed the melody for Argoth to pick up and played a the basic tune for Argoth to follow, which he did with ease. With a grin, he counted them in.

"A one, one two three four....

[sings in a lusty brogue]
I am a sailor bold and true, long time I've plough'd the deep blue ocean.
I've fought for king and country too, won honours and promotion.
I said, “My brother sailors I bid you adieu, no more to sea will I go with you.
I'll travel the country through and through,
and I'll be a rambling sailor.”

If you should want to know my name, my name it is young Tal.
I've got permission from the king, to court young girls and handsome.
I said, “My dear, what will you do?
Here's ale and wine and brandy too, besides a pair of new silk stockings & shoes,
to travel with a rambling sailor.”

The king's permission was granted me, to range the country over.
From Eveningstar to Suzail, from Immersea, I’ll be rolling in clover.
And in whatever town I went, to court young maidens I was bent,
and marry none was my intent, but live like a rambling sailor."

He gave a cheeky grin as he finished the song.

"I appear to have failed on the last part," he said with a pretend sigh while smirking at Jhaelystra.

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Jumping around happily, it picked up it's pinecone and skipped happily over to Jhaelystra. THe pup started bouncing around and wagging it's tail like crazy.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Venduii!" Bergeth'fryn, a large male drow, says," Where does an old soldier like myself have to go for company and food?"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Jhaelystra
Maid
Maid

Post by Jhaelystra »

Awww! How adorable! *reaches her hand out towards the puppy, waiting to see if it will let her pet behind it's ears* Such a pretty doggy you are!

*smiles and then overhears Talwyn and gives him a playful poke* Pfft! You know you like it. *sticks out her tongue*

*spots the visitor* hello!