The Vale of Shadow (Part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the scene he shook his head some and caught sight of the wound, it looks fresh yet ages old. Shaking his head slightly he leaned in and spoke low " I think I can handle you. I have plenty of rope and abilities." At her whisper he canted his head some so she could whisper in his ear better.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka decided at the moment to leave Inrii and Zek alone to whatever they were talking about and chat up something with Neriah, though he was curious what Inrii was glaring at him for.

He brushed it off as something to worry about later and focused instead on the fey'ri, who was sitting down, with her arms folded around her knees and her wings around all her whole body, hiding her revealing bodice.
"So why did you decide to join us anyways, huh?" Veraka asked Neriah in a soft tone.

Her glare that she returned told him to not press the matter, especially after her 'warm' reception with Inrii.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

"did he hit his head coming here? or she got some 'power' over him? I think this is some trick or ploy."
Inrii picked up the mask, the symbol of her suposed deity and fiddled witht the soft velvet material, letting her fingers rub across it. she was half tempted to toss it, but it was a key to portals that Jaelre owned. so instead she tossed it back down beside her and sighed.
"so now what? I brung us into this mess," she started, her voice a bit serious.
she was wondering if she should reveal more of the truth, speak of the map in her pack with the general area they were looking for. she led them here to search for the area she already kinda knew where it was. tho the trip to Daggerfalls didnt go as expected. but they had come after her when they could have left her. would it continue?
maybe there would have a good ending? did such things happen?
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He shook his head" No, he must see that she's not as black hearted as we think.. The lich agrees apparently... course I think his age is catching up to him perhaps.." At the question he spoke" Well you get geared up and if you think you're ready we'll drag the albino back and make sure she's in a very long coma for the lich to deal with. Then you and I can torch something and we'll move on."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"good, bad, or what not. she tried to kill us."
Inrii let it go, verbally at that. she would speak of it no more. but there would no doubt be trouble brewing the rest of the trip. looking one last time at them talking, she let it go (for now).
getting confortable while sitting next to Zek, she leaned her head back against the wall closed her eyes a second and breathed out.
lifting her head, "back to work already," she faked whined then chuckled. that response caused her to wince a bit. she might would have to quit that.
"in a hurry to have me dressed. must unusaul for a male. but i do need to get dressed."
she started to move to reach for it, but quickly stopped, her face tried to hided it, she was not recuperated, and the little spat hadnt help things.
"maybe after some rest," she said not wanting to admit how hurt she really was, "but Alya will pay."
Inrii began to fall into a sleep, not realizing she was leaning on Zek's shoulder.

Zarstra looked over to Aurora, "[i:pm9hvdad][color=indigo:pm9hvdad]what are they about?[/color:pm9hvdad][/i:pm9hvdad]" she asked of the other two speaking off from the group.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora looked to Zarstra, and said [i:24hsak2o]not sure; Veraka's trying to make a conversation with her but she's proving stubborn. I don't know why he's now so damn persistent about trying to help her, but I suppose what the ranger said is true. I think Veraka can see that she truly means what she says, despite her trying to kill him and us earlier,[/i:24hsak2o] she paused, considering something; then added [i:24hsak2o]well, the lich did say that he can sense something different about her, and that he trusts Veraka's judgment on the matter, scary as it is.[/i:24hsak2o]
Aurora looked over to the aasimar and fey'ri, whom were both now seated and leaning against the wall.,

Neriah didn't know what to think; she was honestly trying to assist the group, albeit the fact that she was doing it to try and get to the Vail of Shadows. Though, something about this aasimar kept her mind thinking back to the rangers comment about children, and Veraka's reaction to it.

Finally, looking up at the aasimar, she asked him "When the drow ranger, the one with Inrii now, the one you travel with, when he said that statement involving children, did you honestly mean what you said?" she asked him, her eyes holding more than a just a glimer of hope within them.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"well, someone with a clearer head better keep an eye out," the lizard replied. "and i got my hands full watching her," indicating Inrii, "so I know its a job watching those humaniods."

Inrii shuddered slightly, for even in rest she was often restless. tho now it was more to the dangerous around them, the fact of still being in a dungeon and that the bard was out their.
soon she was resting more comfortably, the body heat of the person holding her(?) keeping her warm. (not sure how he's sitting.)

((ok i hope to write tomarrow, at least once. but if not, i'll see yall when i get back from haiti.))
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching her he nodded to her" I know she will." He knew that she was still recovering." When she leaned on his shoulder he tensed for but a moment before relaxing. Snaking an arm around her he moved the cloth to wrap around her more with excess covering the both of them. Shifting his legs slightly so he was semi cross legged Zek let her rest against him to give her some comfort and warmth. Closing his eyes almost fully he listened to the area around them, but also kept a silent watch on the area. His freehand right near one of his daggers in case he had to use one.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Alya, with the chain demon forced to stay and act as a body guard, began clearing her mind. she sat cross legged in the center of the room her words in a low chant and she began to enter into a trance. the room around her fell silent. and for as long as she was in the trance, she was unaware of her surroundings. she was for once, almost defenseless physically and mentally.
under normal circumstances such would not have worked on Inrii, for elves do not normally sleep. but she knew the sorceress was weak and right for such a spell. and such a spell would prevent her from gaining her spells again (for 24 hrs). and among the companion, Alya knew that there was another among them that slept. (if zek sleeps, real sleep, it works on him, otherwise it wont.)

(when yall sleep...)
that 'night' while sleeping, the being entered. a phatasmal vision, ones worst nightmare replayed in the mind.
( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/nightmare.htm )
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

[color=darkblue:3rrt8par]((i was hopeing veraka would get to post before...i mean he's over there 'talking' ;)
anyway, yall can kinda play inrii as needed or what not. she'll sleep some i guess or what ever to recuperate. other plans for her?... ok, just be reasonable...she wont have her spells back for a while, :'(

ideas to keep from being bored:
1. scout out the camp [has 1 large building- the temple for lack of better term. several smaller structures around it. then further in the valley the is now empty camp. theres some mountain springs. more caves, tho this cave is the dugeon.]
2. i think veraka said he is gunna have some alone time...
3. head back to Bob (he was a halfli9ng or gnome, i forget which is smaller), possibly get them to come join in as an army.
4. leave and know alya will find you.
5. or if have something [b:3rrt8par]way [/b:3rrt8par]better in mind...then :D

now alya has summoned a chain demon. so theres posibilty there. she has also set a geas on Inrii tho i was hoping to not reveal that yet. but it wont be known unless she persoanlly tried to attack alya and still unknown till able to get to a priest some how.
she's a high level bard who uses charm type things best(like the pheromones, so watch it.) and a Masked Traitor who has just gotten a bit more powerful (cleric spells)))))[/color:3rrt8par]
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek remained sitting there perfectly still, almost dreadfully still. He was awake but in enough of a meditative state to rest, but not enough to he taken off guard. He knew this was not a place to sleep easily and he refused to sleep knowing very well what could happen in here.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(Yes Inrii; I'm just over here talking; though about what. THAT is the question :devil: ))

Veraka looked to Neriah as the fey'ri posed her question, his silver eyes looking into her crimson orbs. "Yeah, I meant it," he said in a firm tone; "why do ya ask?"

"I don't know," she replied, suddenly taking on a seductive tone, and pushing up against him; "maybe I like the sound of that."

Veraka wasn't sure what he was feeling at the moment, but he DID feel his hormones flare up as Neriah brushed up against him, along his chest, her revealing attire doing more than enough to flare his raging hormones.

Propping herself up against the aasimar's chest, Neriah laid her head against him, curling up against the warrior, and letting him wrap an arm carefully around her. A smile formed on her face as Neriah thought of the possibilities of having one such as Veraka with her wherever her life took her.

Aurora noticed Veraka, whom now had his hands full with a overly seducing fey'ri. She got up and padded over to Veraka, plopped down by him, speaking to the ranger through a private link, [i:z5sozs83]Well at least he's calm and he's got a girl; so I can't necessarily say that he got the bad end of the draw. Though her ways of [b:z5sozs83]persuading[/b:z5sozs83] him give me cause to worry; but then again so do yours.[/i:z5sozs83]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching he shook his head slightly clear sign that he was well aware to as what was going on. [i:acc43quf] Me? Persuade him? Bah. My techniques are best reserved for interrogation. I don't have to persuade anyone.[/i:acc43quf] He mused
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:snbrtvh2]Yeah, you got that right; the only thing you had to do was admit it to the rest of us in due time[/i:snbrtvh2] she jested back at Zek; [i:snbrtvh2]and I wasn't referring to you persuading him out of anything, just that his sheer stubbornness is way outside either of our abilities to persuade out him of his fey'ri girlfriend now.[/i:snbrtvh2]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

[i:1fixzsn4] I can think of a few ways how to persuade him to move from her and get things going. [/i:1fixzsn4] He gave the wolf a slight grin before looking to the sleeping one on his shoulder.[i:1fixzsn4] You know, if this happened years ago, I'd probably have blood on my hands right now. Being this close, now? Maybe the old wounds are finally healing. [/i:1fixzsn4]
Site, story being redone