The Sunstone Mask

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Selvik rouses himself. "No, I cannot think of a single riddle that I could put to you that you could not answer. I suppose that means that you win." He says, but still sounding like he is enjoying himself immensely.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:35850ldl]At the bar kosef applauds lightly.
[t:35850ldl]"Very valid point , sir, and well said.What think you, Devante?'
ooc to ceistante..I had something very intellictual to respond to you with but the second I started to write it all left my brain in a flood..sorry..
ic..
[t:35850ldl]Also at the bar akordia smiles,
[t:35850ldl]"I will admit to some joy in being the winner, but the game was fun. So tell me , good sir. What do you do? What is your path in this life?"
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Selvik laughs raucously when you say this, in his raspy choking voice. "Hah, your choice of words is ill chosen at best. I am a scholar and sage, not to mention a non too shabby practitioner of The Art. I travel a lot. I'm not generally welcomed anywhere but in charitable temples that recognise my affliction as a curse to be pitied rather than an evil to be feared. I mostly stay in the enclaves of the Dark Maiden. I said my name was The Thrice Damned did I not? Well, like you my first damnation is the fact that I am, or rather was, drow." He takes off his gloves to show dark, elven hands, but the skin on them is dry and withered like those of someone who has been starved. "My second damnation is of a more interesting sort. I was the Battle Mage of a patrol sent into the Lower Dark. I believe our captain had angered our Matron Mother but he was popular with th males and they would have revolted had he been sacrificed or had "disappeared". Anyway we were suprised by an Mind Tyrant hunting party from Ch'Chitl and taken as slaves. My intellect would normally place me down as a fittign meal for them, but unfortunately, this was no ordinary hunting party..."

He orders another drink from the barkeep.
Titles:

Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

[quote="Nedylene":gbxiufyb][t:gbxiufyb]At the fireplace one of the servers brings a glass of wine and sets it before the robed man unobtrusively so as not to interrupt his conversation, before scurrying to the woman in the shining plate mail and giving her her beer.As the server sets it down she says,
[t:gbxiufyb]"welcome to the Sunstone Mask my lady. If you require any more refreshments or a meal simply call for one of us. If you wish companionship, one of the men with the trays will be happy to assist you."
ooc..in the tavern there is an ellithyri and a nymaru male, both of which are of the draconic bloodline.[/quote:gbxiufyb]

[color=blue:gbxiufyb]The elf snifs the air and says absently in front of the person that brought her the wine.

"Ahhh... draconic blood, although I can't know which kind of dragon yet, but still good." and then she talks to the server again "Sorry... I have an idea. Everyone here looks so lost in their own businesses... would you like everyone to bo more sociable between each others? because I'd propose to make an archery contest, or magick contest, or sword contest, whatever the patrons like. Perhaps the tavern could give a price to the winner in each cathegory. Talk about it with your employer. It could be a good idea and it could also bring more customers. In the meantime I'd lile to talk to those gentlemen over there" she says and points to both the Nymaru and the Ellithiri.[/color:gbxiufyb]
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

OOC: Where's that Rakshasha?! :D

IC:

*The door of the tavern opened, and a tall cloacked fugure came in. Not until the did the figure reach the bar, the face was seen.
With the hood removed the face was plain to see for all. A young female human, with ears slightly pointed called one of the bartenders, her voice slightly deeper then any female here.

Despite sex and race, she was wery well built, and quite attractive. The most striking feature of all were her eyes. The color was such a pale blue it almost looked white, much like the eyes of a wolf. Canice features were also visible, such as the elongateed canines as she spoke with the barman.
She turned the back to the bar and put her hood back up. The closest person to her, would hear her sniff the air several times. The hood moved slightly towards the other woman with her hood still up.
The shadow was not all that great so the piercing eyes could be seen...She knew...*
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:32xud5l6]Young drow lady gets up and says "I don't know if I can do this." *leaves building*[/color:32xud5l6]
OOC: Here's your rakshasa ;)
IC:
[color=brown:32xud5l6]*A (male) rakshasa enters the building and walks over to the bar* "Could I plese have some Tequila?" it asks politely, as it puts two gold pieces on the counter.[/color:32xud5l6]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Ceistant
Maid
Maid

Post by Ceistant »

[quote="Nedylene":3eqmugd8][t:3eqmugd8]At the bar Kosef applauds lightly.
[t:3eqmugd8]"Very valid point , sir,"[/quote:3eqmugd8]

[color=blue:3eqmugd8]*Nodding gently toward Kosef, as he raises his cup*[/color:3eqmugd8]

I only wish my insight were as rich as your stock in vintage. It has been sometime since this traveler has had the pleasure to put such a delight to his lips.

I'm afraid one or two more thought and I may not have the head to enjoy such conversation further.

[color=blue:3eqmugd8]*Sliding the cup forward, as if to motion he were done*[/color:3eqmugd8]

"Ussta g'rftte", he says with another nod.

[color=blue:3eqmugd8]In the same motion rolls a glinting thumbnail sized object across his fingers. Middle finger to Index finger, letting it drop into the cup*[/color:3eqmugd8]

[color=blue:3eqmugd8]*Turning his attention to the entertainment on the stage, his weathered demeanor noticeably relaxing as if the wine were washing away the weight of the road.*[/color:3eqmugd8]
Mend the broken blade of my Father.. to
Recover the lost blade of my Sister.. by
Honoring the silver blade of my Mother.. so
I may Forge my own..
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

[quote="Rooky":2if1fzbi]OOC: Where's that Rakshasha?! :D [/quote:2if1fzbi]

OOC: looks like I'm getting competition?

The hooded woman at the bar smirks at the sniffing in the air, looking at the canice woman by her side. At first she looks at her with the tail of her eye and then turns to look at her fully with her lavender eyes. the shadows under her hood may hide her opal skin, but the white strand of hair's still uncovered, falling on her chest, besides for as much as she wants, her scent can't be hidden by clothes.

"Good evening... anything you like?" she says softly looking at her and then to the Rakshasa that just entered and sighed. She never actually saw one before, but surely heard about them and she raised an eyebrow "Perhaps him? Anyways, I'm here just to eat and rest for a while. I'm done with males for now." she says in an annoyed tone while she takes out a note from inside her white shirt, showing the shirt does have a cleavage under the cape she's still wearing, and her skin is, indeed, opal and a red whistle's hanging from her neck. She opens the note and reads it for herself and then closes it again and puts it between those ebony C-cup breasts again, where she had it previously and sighs, then shrugs and smiles at the woman.

Without saying anything else she turns around again to her food and digs into it, thinking that perhaps the wolf like female would rather be with a male than talk to another female.

[i:2if1fzbi]"Let's see what happens now"[/i:2if1fzbi] she thinks to herself while still looking at the two with the tail of her eyes. She was told that Rakshasa were a cruel race, but she had faced fierce and uggly things before.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*The woman looked at the rakshasha, giving the impresion that she was about to chase him around the room...She never did like cats, and the fact that it was a male...It just didn't help.*

*She looked at the woman, and removed her hood, looking the other woman.
She smiled politely*

- Good evening to you as well....I was expecting a little more female patrons, and a place where you can meet interesting people...*looks at newest patron* not this...

HAve you found anything you liked?
:3
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[color=darkred:1zt34jnc][t:1zt34jnc]At the bar Akordia speaks to Selvik,as the bartender slides him another drink,
[t:1zt34jnc]"I have fought the mind tyrants myself . I know what they are capable of, if not for the circlet i was wearing I would never have survived. Many of my companions did not.I am sorry if I have brought back troubling memories for you. That was not my intention.But believe me when I say that you are indeed welcome here.The lady who built this place did so to provide sanctuary and a sense of companionship for everyone, regardless of their race or, as you put it 'affliction'."[/color:1zt34jnc]
[color=red:1zt34jnc][t:1zt34jnc]At the fireplace the server speaking to the armoured elf nods and turns towards the males she was speaking who are standing alone on seperate sides of the tavern. he speaks to them both in turn and they turn and walk towards you. Both of the men are very large, over 7 feet tall, with wings and horns. One of them is completelywhite , his wings , skin and hair as bright as snow. He is wearing silver garments that serve to enhance the brightness of his coloring. The other male is as obsidian colored as a drow, and has a long barbed tail that whips back and forth as he walks. While the white skinned male seems to be very gentle, he smiles as he approaches, the dark man merely scowls and practically drips an aura of menace.
[t:1zt34jnc]When they reach your table the white skinned man bows courteously and says,
[t:1zt34jnc]"Good evening to you , milady,"
[t:1zt34jnc]As he speaks the dark skinned man merely clops down in the chair beside you and looks you up and down, perusing you so intently it seems he knows exactly what you look like beneath your armour and garments.
[t:1zt34jnc]"Forgive my companion."
[t:1zt34jnc]The white skinned male says,
[t:1zt34jnc]"He is new here and it appears all my lessons in etiquette have been for naught.I am Jandar, and my rude companion is Tebryn."[/color:1zt34jnc]
[color=orange:1zt34jnc][t:1zt34jnc]At the bar one of the servers asks the cloaked patron with the pale blue eyes,
[t:1zt34jnc]"Welcome to the Sunstone Mask, my lady, what can I get for you?"[/color:1zt34jnc]
[color=brown:1zt34jnc][t:1zt34jnc]Also at the bar the tender nods politely and slids the rakshasa his drink with a,
[t:1zt34jnc]"Anything else I can get for you sir?"[/color:1zt34jnc]
[color=green:1zt34jnc][t:1zt34jnc] At the bar as well Kosef says,
[t:1zt34jnc]"yes, the lady who runs this place has invested a great deal in procuring the finest of beverages and our cook knows no equals.bartender, bring out some of our rarer drinks for my two companions."[/color:1zt34jnc]
[color=blue:1zt34jnc]ooc...to sabaal , I think you ignored somebody,scroll back lol..but I am going to start with this post putting the different conversations in different colors so they are easier to read.[/color:1zt34jnc]
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

[quote="Nedylene":13pom3vr][color=blue:13pom3vr]ooc...to sabaal , I think you ignored somebody,scroll back lol..but I am going to start with this post putting the different conversations in different colors so they are easier to read.[/color:13pom3vr][/quote:13pom3vr]

OOC: Sorry. I didn't notice. I'll need to read everything again. My apologies to whoever I skipped. I'll re read the posts and try to make it up to you tomorrow, when I post. I had too many posts to make today so my time was not enough as I have to be home an hour earlier than I thought today.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Selvik downs his drink in the same manner as before. "Hah, I have not started on my "affliction" yet. Being a drow I can cope with, there are many places where we are tolerated, even if nto wholely trusted. But the Mind Tyrants that caught us were of the "Creative" creed as they refer to it." He orders and drinks another drink. "They commit the worst of atrocities of their kind. Twisted arcane experiments beyond even the imaginings of the drow. Our cleric prayed time and time again for salvation but we didn't see so much as a spark of divine guidance. Eventually I was the only survivor of my patrol as they were disected to investigate the effects of various potions and substances. They left me to myself a lot, I never did work otu why, perhaps they were studying behaviour. I eventually thought that they had forgotten about me, but it seems that Mind Flayers never forget anything in their twisted craniums. My jailors pulled me out of my cell and took me to the most inner sanctums of the Creative Creed. They strapped me down to a slab from which I didn't actually move for over a year. By the end of it my own Mother wouldn't have recognised me. Of course, as the sixteenth son of a lolthean matron she probably didn;t even know I existed after the first month or so." He reaches up to his veil but then pauses and lowrs his hands. "Are you familiar with the way Mind Tyrants reproduce?"
Last edited by Tyrmer on Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titles:

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

OOC: Didn't check for one day, and there's a whole page waiting for me to read! :p

IC:
Devante twists in his chair to smile slightly at the intruder as he makes his part, then nods slowly when he is finished.
"Ah, indeed... as best as I have ever heard it put.."

He glances from Kosef to the bartender insecurely once the offer of drinks has been spoken. "Um.. Preferably something not too strong for me. I don't drink often and have little clue as to how well I can hold my drink.." He chuckles lightly, glancing about at the newcomer to their conversation and Kosef shyly, perhaps a little embarrassed to admit he wasn't sure if he could hold his drink well.
Ceistant
Maid
Maid

Post by Ceistant »

[quote="Velve":2aa100o4]wasn't sure if he could hold his drink well.[/quote:2aa100o4]

[color=blue:2aa100o4]*Nodding in agreement*[/color:2aa100o4]

I believe I will have to request a mellower drink myself. Especially if there is talk of food.

[color=blue:2aa100o4]*At the mention of food, he pats his stomach through his heavy, dark grey-green cloak & robes, .. with the almost unmistakable heavy sound of chainmail beneath*[/color:2aa100o4]

After all I wouldn't want to spoil a hot meal by loosing my head to spirits and vapors. . That and the opportunity for conversation.

I have traveled far and though I still feel the road in my boots, already the weight of the journey seems to slip from my mind.

[color=blue:2aa100o4]*Rising from his seat, you definitely hear the sound of chainmail shifting. He must wear it snug thought for it doesn't look as if he wearing much armor at all, that or it is hid well beneath the full robes and a fine cloak over that, dressed almost as if winter were upon us. His deep violet-black reptile hide boots almost rasping as his frame settles into him, they have obviously seen much use. He walks casually to the table where Devante sets, not trying to draw attention, but for an elf his foot falls are not subtle. With courtious palm shown to his side, he motions*[/color:2aa100o4]

Mind if join you fellow traveler?
Mend the broken blade of my Father.. to
Recover the lost blade of my Sister.. by
Honoring the silver blade of my Mother.. so
I may Forge my own..
Zareari Det'tar
Maid
Maid

Post by Zareari Det'tar »

OOC: Sorry, I've been away for a while and I'm now completly lost :tear: