The Vale of Shadow (Part 3)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii got up from her pile, "Zarstra says she found the chest."
she headed to the room the lizard was in and saw it.
it wasnt that large, more like a jewelry box, made of a lead and adamanitine material. there was an obvious locking mechanism, but nothing her lock pick would open. before touching it, she checked it for traps. satisified, she picked up the heavy, while small chest and set it into her pack.
----
Nariah's hand enter lock as she leans back. "not bad work. now we are 1 step closer."
"you do realize what will happen when you open it?" the male asked.
"do you think me stupid? of course I know what will happen. this is more effective than any spell. and [i:3aqj115z]no [/i:3aqj115z]spell caster will be able to stand against me."
"I still think your aiming high. he's like ancient. and a chosen of a goddess. plus no allies and friends and..."
his eyes saw black as he slumped.

((hehe...can u guess whats it the box? dont worry, they not after us in particular.))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(looking at alya's record.. i believe something crude and pha... nevermind.. lol a heavy jewelry box, and looking for a book? it could be anything.)

He looked to her and spoke" Aren't you going to open the box up and see what's inside? To be honest, I don't trust her, and I do not recall her saying anything about not opening the box, or looking at what we are supposed to be looking for." Thinking for a moment he watched the box.. why the hell lead.. it's soft, only toxic if in the blood stream.. the other was hard..." He thought for a moment." I don't trust the woman, perhaps we should look around for other things here involving that box."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((haha...))

"I agree. but their seams to be a secret way to open it. I dont know how. not a normal lock. but do you want to look at it?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((ten bucks says it's a portal orb or something of the like))
Veraka followed Inrii into the room that lizard was in. Upon seeing the odd box, "Strange, never seen something like that before." He then heard Zek; "I have to agree with the ranger for once; if we're gonna risk our necks for something that we don't know what it is or does, that makes it all the more dangerous, and lethal, to us."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((hehe...nope...good quess tho))

Inrii looked around the room for the tome. she was close to casting a detect magic. "if we dont find it soon, I have a way, and I dont want to use it."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He nodded slowly and checked the box over before looking at inrii" did you check the area around where this box was? It might hold a clue." He looked at the lock mechanism on it and tapped his side thinking Eili looked at it as well" Magic locking.. could use anything, we could be out of luck and not have the key, or it needs something."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Wait, wait, wait; the lock's magical as in any magic item might unlock the mechanism and open it?
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"unfortunatly, not anything. But I bet Alya knows and/or owns it." she called, still looking. she walked over to the desk and looked. their was a magical aura but nothing there. whatever it was, her true seeing didnt see it. it was cloaked in some new and powerful magic.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((a book of planar travel?))
Veraka heard Inrii, and was about to reply when he felt something strange, his aasimar senses going wild.
"Is there something in there other than that box that's giving off magic?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He followed and looked at her then the desk and shrugged" You know what to do. Start going through it and start testing stuff until we find the answer.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((nope...still waiting on my coins... ;) ))

she thought for a minute, "got a dispell magic ability? you said you had some arcane training."
Inrii picked up a random book stepped back and tossed it at the aura. it hit and was taken it in.
"some pocket of extra demensional space?...good way to store things. so who wants to test it?" she had a grin on her face.

((cheesy i know, but it what came to mind. and yeah, i'm having some major writers block lately...in our RPG, the wizard has a 'rope' that when tossed, will leads to a 4 person size extra demensional space, for storage or safety, so thats the idea.))
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Thinking" if alya was here I'd say throw her in and not let her come out. " Nodding slowly he moved to the desk and kept his distance" It's been a long while since I used magic." Rummaging through some things he pulled out a small book and opened the page." it's been awhile.. I don't like chances of failure." He kept notes. He was smart. With some utterances, movements of his hand and fingers and a small bit of component he cast a higher level dispel magic on the desk, just in case it needed the extra oomph. Nodding he took a broken chair leg and tossed it at the desk to see the results.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"maybe we still can?"
Inrii was impressed. as the magic left the area, books, gems, a few wands, even a powerful staff and a couple of robes fell out of nowhere. among the pile was also the runed tome.
"not bad! got more tricks up them sleeves," she teased.

Inrii bent down to the pile and picked up the tome.
"this, this is what she wants?" it looked like a simple book. the symbol was on the elemant water and appeared to be part of a series. it was useless on it's own.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka had to admit he was impressed by Zek's magic use. Upon seeing the results, he chuckled; "Zek, you never told us that you had THAT much training."
He then noticed a random book sitting on the floor near his location; it had a symbol of earth or rock on it; "hey, Inrii! Looking for this?" he asked, holding up the book.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Shrugging slightly" The less people know of me the better off I am. It keeps others guessing." Looking at the books he thought for a moment taking up the staff and checked it out" not bad of a staff, feels like it was very well cared for and crafted. Seeing the books he thought for a moment." Water.. Inrii, where's the box. I have a feeling the books have a connection to the box.. earth, water.. I wonder what elements.. There should be fire, and air.. of course the extensions would be light, shadow, lightning." As he said this Eili found two tomes and meowed. looking over he picked up two two and set them on the desk" Fire and air. That would be four elements."
Site, story being redone