Ascent from Darkness

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Ok then, that'll do," he said, and within under a minute, Veraka was sound asleep, not worried about someone ambushing him; for even though he slept and dreamed on, the Berserker within him was ever alert, ever awake, a second conciseness within one body.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Mayae let her guest slumber a good few hours. the day passed rather uneventful. She spent some of that time in prayer by dancing with the sword she found in the drawer. Sweat beated off her face and her bone white hair flowed around her clothless body. She had been so caught up in the dance she didnt even hear the children or the wolf stir.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora felt the familiar sensation of the children that were resting against her fur; she opened her eyes to check on the younglings, who were just fine. It was their host, Mayae, that caught her attention. The drow female was twirling and spinning in a very precise and graceful, the only thing was is that she was naked; Aurora however was not surprised by this in the slightest. She knew well what followers of Elistraee did for prayer and worship to their goddess.
[i:10y713i2]Well she is called the Lady of Dance for a reason[/i:10y713i2] Aurora said to herself. Aurora decided to just to keep her head down and observe the very graceful,fluid movements of Mayae.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Mayae stopped, her breath panting. She then noticed the kids moving around and the wolf watching her.
"I must look silly to you," she whispered, directed to Aurora.
She walked to Veraka, sword resting on her shoulder, "I hate to wake you now when you sleep so peacefully, but I said I would about this time."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora shook her head in response to Mayae's question as Veraka stirred from his rest.
"Ah, well, if it's time to move, then let's go," he said, getting his gear prepped.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Mayae wipped herself off and quickly dressed. She rubbed a special perfume on herself and braided up her hair. Her katana scabbord was attached as she neared the door.
"Remember, your male and a rogue, so never look any female, especially a noble, in the eyes. we got a bit of a distance, as the house is on the other side of the cavern."
Turning to speak to the 2, "try not to act like you like Veraka so much, and stay close behind me, I will keep you safe as he will. The gate guard may ask who you are, so you may wanna pretend your my children. I havent been to the districts in some time, and they likely have changed guards since then."
She grabbed 2 small old piwafwi's and handed them to each child.
She exited the back door, leading them around the back side of the tower twords the city gates. they passed the rothe herds and House Tirin. She continued along Ryrrl to the gated bridge.
Mayae put on an air of superority as she neared. the guard, an Academy student nodded and allowed her to pass. He looked to those following but became silent when she turned to look back at him.
Across the river they were in the Bazaar, Darkwalk inn and tavern southwest of them, more busy than normal. many shops began to close, people heading to whatever they called their residence. Mayae whispered when they were a good distance way, "Bruhaonar's or Helvighym?"
--
Zarae told Nilree what happened. He was as surprised to learn of the house Alylin and Zebeycyrl were searching for. "Any news of the fight?" she asked. Nilree shrugged, "As soon as she let us out, I took off. She kept Xullafay behind and Alylin and Zebeycyrl went off. Matron mother didnt notice you were gone. but Rhylaun I think did. I tried to cover, but I dont think he believed me."
Zarae got up and headed to her room. She sat down to read but couldnt focus. Instead she reached for the carved black sapphire in her belt clasp and whispered in high drow.
the cloud of smoke appeared and Shade appeared.
"I'm sorry. Things are going not too good. I may not be able to call you for a while. I just want you to know that."
--
All the yochol revealed was the day. Matron Shyntyl knew those attacking were favored by Lloth. Her only hope was her preperations would keep enough alive so they could bring 'justice' on them. The words of a prophesy echoed in her mind. She knew her youngest children were to play some role in a new order. But that statment was as fickle as the goddess she served. When her personal guard appeared, she turned to her, "send the word to our allies. give them what you must, but we must have their help."
--
Word from Eilistraee traveled to Lady Helvighym to expect a small group of fellow believers to come sometime. She had also recieved news of the upcoming house war and was preparing for the event of 'rescuing' any survivors.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Understood; I'm a low life for this cities eyes," Veraka said to Mayae as he pulled his cowl up and over his head, keeping his face hidden under it's shadow.
He noticed both younglings shudder at the thought of being questioned; he silently placed an armored hand on each of their shoulders, calming them both down immediately. They took the little piwafwi cloaks and put them on. All of them followed Mayae out of the back door, and towards the gates of the city. As the group approached the gated entrance, the guard on duty let Mayae pass without a second thought, but eyed them suspiciously, especially Veraka. Veraka thought for a moment that he was gonna have to kill the guard; fortunately for him, and the guard, a glare from Mayae returned him to his duty.
[i:9dqf65dg]That was close[/i:9dqf65dg] Veraka said to Aurora. When the party had successfully navigated through the Bazaar, Mayae asked her question. Veraka gave it some thought, though he decided that the children had been through enough ordeal as it was.
"Helvighym; there are a few things that I would like clarified," he said in low undertone.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Mayae took them into the southern part of the Bazaar, with more transitory traders and more 'rable'. the Academy loomed, the three buildings carved from the stone and intricately decorated with multi-colored faerie fires. Mayae pointed it out to her group, specially stressing the large elaberate temple.
They entered Duthcloim when she spotted a kobold slave running. a few seconds later an angry male ran by cursing. Mayae let them pass keeping the kids securly behind should it turn ugly.
"you see the cavern wall surrounding the city, we call it the mantle. If you see that house their in the far, thats where you are wanting to go."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka had to squint his eyes to make out the mantle that Mayae spoke of, and sure enough, within it was the house that was his destination, along with a haven for the younglings.
[i:21lhjt8m]Perhaps now, I can have some questions answered[/i:21lhjt8m] Veraka thought to himself as he witnessed a tiny kobold bolt by him, followed quickly by a moody male drow. He kept on moving; "don't worry about me, I don't go looking for trouble," he said, indicating the Academy.
"Are you coming with us for our visit or are there other duties that you must attend to; personally, I'd rather have you with us, you make the younglings a lot more comfortable."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"My lieutanat is taking my place right now, as long as I can return before the next shift, they wont ask questions; if they do, I can come up with a story. plus being female has major advantages," she winked back to him. "This district, this is where your average live, wealthy, non-nobles. many of the priestess here are open to the Lady."
They continued, Mayae keeping eye on passer-byes. An average dressed male walked by and bumped into the group. His hand went for Veraka's pouch very skillfully and unnoticed.
He then reached for Mayae's money pouch to find the edge of a blade. Mayae leaned close and whispered to him. the rogues hand jerked and he took off.
((Zazzt wrote 1 post, so I'll have him here doing it again.))

They neared the gate as a female dressed in black robes walked off with a young fighter. Mayae recognized her, "That is Zarstra, Lady Helvighym older daughter. She's in charge of keeping up appearances for the house. So she's forced to look like Lloth's priestesses, hince her black robes." she whispered.

the gate guards stood vigilantly. the rumors of the house war kept everyone on edge.
they were informed of a group coming to see her, but was given no other clues.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka had to chuckle under his breath as Mayae sent the wanna-be thief scurrying.
"Don't worry about me; I think that our thieving friend will find his hand most dry. I rarely carry any coin on my person," he said as all of them approached the house.
"So if that is her eldest daughter, where would the others be? Not that it's my business, but it seems such a menial task for an eldest child, especially a daughter." Veraka decided that a subtle approach would be best.
"Also, will she not suspect me of being a spy of sorts; I mean a rogue drow male of my build cannot flag good thoughts in her head, especially, considering the fact that I'm armored to the teeth," he whispered to Mayae, unsure of how this was going to work out.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Moriquenti
Maid
Maid

Post by Moriquenti »

Velnarin saw the lack of hostility in the female's body language...shortly after he heard the voice again in his mind asking him to get in and pay a visit in Lady Helvighym...He decided to get in.he was too tired.if it was his time then it was his time.but he didn't believed that.the faemale that was standing in the entrance was so beautiful.yes he has seen beautiful females again.he had experienced the seductive look and touch of the wicked loth followers.but this one was different.the beauty was coming from her eyes like hidden light and her face was strange...it was kind.so he approached her and looked in her palm.he saw the small silver sword.then he looked at her and he saw a smile.a smile that filled his heart with warmth and strength.she gave him the amulet and touched him gently on the shoulder...go in she whispered to him.you are expected...
Bereavest me of sleep, makest me wander under thy light...
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarstra saw the others, recognizing Mayae. 'what a day' she thought.
"If you need to talk I'm willing. that female with the kids and male are likley in the same situation, seeking my mother."
--
"She has 4 daughters, I guess 3 now. many are active in seeking out those searching. Zarstra was given the important but often hated job because she is preparing to take her place should it come to it."
Mayae chuckled, "a spy? Should I be worried? That's what the keys are for. And if the matron's started using non-drow slaves, then I will worry."
She waved the the guards and preformed the secret sign. they allowed the group pass as Mayae waved them to follow.
the coumpound was like any other drow place. the courtyard had a few young drow practicing difficult moves. Mayae nodded to them as she walked twords the ominous door.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka was still reluctant, but proceeded onward anyways.
"I just hope the younglings can be safe here, and perhaps get an answer as to why I was pulled to this region."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((i'm waiting to see if Moriquenti want to enter with Mayae or enter later...))

Zarae laid on her bed talking to Shade about the surface. After everyone settled in reverie, she would speak with Nilree about it. Afterall, he converted to the Masked Lord. He should be interested in venturing to the surface. Zarae's mind drifted between the surface and the upcoming house war and Rhylaun's words of his god. He had been attempting to convert her, but she didnt care about religion.
Shade's chittering brung her from her contemplation as she heard a soft knock on her door.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~