The Vale of Shadow (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii pulled out a little piece of jerky for Zarstra. [i:2tkyd1nt]here you go, till supper's done.[/i:2tkyd1nt]
then she grabbed her water skin to sip from it.
"did everyone bring their kitchens with them? and I thought I over packed."
Inrii hadnt had alot of time to pack they way Mayindia emphasized her to hurry and get away. so it was the basic essentials.
She went over closer to the fire, next to her 'instructor', and watched as they threw in the stuff for the pot, noticing which herbs and veggies go in. she normally just ate simple, like fish and venison with some of the veggies that grew around the fort. of course looking at her, one would wonder if she eat much at all. and sweets? they werent allowed for the most part;`something about discipline was what they always said.
She shook her head, [color=green:2tkyd1nt]they aint gunna let me forget that farm incident. of course i wouldnt either[/color:2tkyd1nt].
"how are yall not cold," she ask wringing her hair out over to the side. "I can handle some of the coldest weather, but being wet, and, undressed?"
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Looking to her he shrugged slightly." I'm used to it, you know living out in the wilderness long enough you either die or gain a resistance to it." He ate what he could when he could. Stirring the contents of the pot for a moment before taking a bit of a spoon full out and tried it nodding some the flavor's good. It just needs to warm up some more, help yourselves" idly he moved the hair back which was clinging to his shoulders and chest almost seemingly to wring it out before letting it fall back onto his back. He kept it semi long, to about shoulder blade length. Most of the time it was tucked under the armor or kept in a way so that it did not cause problems while traveling. Looking to her he chuckled" I come prepared, besides I've been near the fire taking in it's heat."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((still funny, your both in the cold, somewhat wet and undressed...and i'm the nut...lol))

"you got spoons, you got bowls, i shoulda brung something, wait i got daggers! that and jerky." she chuckled.
asking Veraka, "you said dessert? what kind? no chance it those hardened round sweet breads? ((cookies))"
she had a cookie once; one she stole while in a village with the trading caravan. unfortunately she wasnt able to go back and get some more. Inrii loved cookies. it didnt make since Jezz wouldnt let her have them.
as the soup/stew(?) warmed she went ahead and pulled out her bedroll and set it on the soft grass. she knew they wouldnt be too long, but it was comfortable enough and would keep her warm if she took reverie.

after it heated some, she took a bowl and spoon as the others poured theirs.
Inrii took the spoon, and scooped some out for Zarstra.
the lizard smelled the aroma and came over to eat her bit.
then she poured herself some and sat on her bedroll.
the heat warmed her a bit as swirled the food around. not that they would poison her (yet), but as an old habit to inspect food.
the first sip was hot but rather tasty.

((the monks missing out on dinner...oh well more for me...))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Hardened round sweet breads, hmm I wonder," he searched through his pack; pulling out an food about the same likeness, turned to Inrii, saying, "you mean like this? It's called a cookie, for your information," as he munched on the chocolate-chip infused morsel.
"I think that you'll love these," he told her as he tossed a small bundle her way, "and as for myself, I have to say what Zek has already said; in the wild either you learn how to coup with what nature throws at you, or you die trying. Plus, when raised among the Uthgardt Black Lion tribe, one has to gain such a resistance, lest they not survive their first winter lesson."

Veraka then got up, and dished himself some of the soup that Zek had prepped. He plopped down and took in a spoonful of the hot liquid into his mouth, and gulped it down.
"Impressive Zek."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii's eyes got big when she saw Veraka eat the cookie. she set the bowl down. she would have tackled anyone if they teased her with them. "not..fair.." she started to protest when he tossed the small bundle.
she munched the cookie, enjoying every bite.

((dont stand between me and the cookie...i'll take you down...lol))
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Chuckling slightly he nodded" I generally don't do those desserts the energy does not last long." He ate some of the stew he made and nodded." Not bad if I say so myself. And thank you." Thinking for a moment he rumaged through the bag and took out some roots and took one of his bags and stripped the outside down and heated it over the fire some before munching on it. Joys of Marshmallow roots soft sweet and actually natural and had some use. He ate this between bites of the stew.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((spoil sport, just had to be a health nut... :p ))

"you sure you dont wanna a cookie," she tried to tease the ranger as she bit again. when she finished it, the rest were placed the bundle in her pack for later.
she went back to sipping her stew. "energy, i think I have loads of it. (drow ADHD?) but i dont get sweets often. so i enjoy them when I can. we eat alot of meats back home. but when I'm out I look for the roots and berries and stuff also."
Zarstra finished and went back to her warm rock to rest.
"so now what?" when she swollowed the last bite.
Midnight was already asleep and soon Zarstra was napping.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(hardly, he just conserves energy and knows how to extend his stamina and energy usage lol)

He looked at her and teased" Careful with the teasing, you might find yourself with them out of your bag and gone." He finished his bowl off and nodded" Yes you do, like a clockwork that had been wound too tight and going nonstop. Sometimes i think that's an admirable quality." Thinking" So when you do have sweets you gorge?"
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"That is a very good question," Veraka said aloud as he got up and started putting his armor back on.
"Don't know about you two, but I'm not the slightest bit tired; I'll be over there doing some warm-ups," he said indicating a patch of open area just a few feet from their fire.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

she playfully grabs her pack, "back you fein." then puts it back. "no overeating is like being lazy, a weakness.
Veraka got up to work out, "bored already? what are you gunna practice on, the trees? what do most folks do?"
she leans back, her arms behind her, "admirable hmmm? Zarstra might get jealous."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding to Veraka he moved and grabbed all his gear and brought it back to his spot by the fire and fed some more wood on it and took a whetstone and took out his daggers and started to sharpen them one by one." You say that like it's a bad thing." He looked off to the side seeing his feline companion a ways off playing in the shadows chasing the mice or tormenting some poor bug that was flitting about in the woods. Looking to her he shrugged." I think he just likes to be battle ready, I prefer keeping my weapons up and arrows ready or working on a new toxin."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka finished a series of complicated maneuvers, then turned to Inrii, "Zek's right; keeping oneself in fighting order is and should be a must for anyone," he decided to throw in a jest at the sorceresses expense, "and as for that last comment; keep that up and no more cookie's for you."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((im sittin here thinking, man my character does sound a bit nutty...now im a cookieholic pyro-nut ADHD drow. does that bout sum it up? 8) ))

Inrii genuinely smiled, then tried to hide it by leaning forward and resting her chin on her knees, "well as much as we have to train, this is the longest break I've had and it been two days? i wonder if they notice I'm gone? I usually only disappear for a day at the most. tho I must admit, I'm enjoying this." she looked at the ranger then looked away.
she heard Veraka's joke, "I could just take the cookies, run and vanish."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka laughed at the jest; "not if I eat them first."
At this remark, Aurora raised her head and emitted an audible laugh.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Looking up at the two of them as he held the blade up checking it for the sharpness and any blemishes" Of course you have a third party whom could just steal them and disappear as well." He sheathed the dagger and went to another blade this time working on the sword as he glanced over at her just as she looked at him. Raising a brow slightly he said nothing but went back to sharpening the blade." I think her fire throwing abilities is well enough that at worst it'll be a distraction and or kill everyone, or it'll do what it's supposed too and lets us move on our way.. And yes I like my enemies extra crispy and extra extra dead"
Site, story being redone