The Vale of Shadow (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Shaking his head laughing slightly he'd sign back [i:3caxih1b]' Right that works for me the other gets to get the food to cook then.' [/i:3caxih1b] He'd swim off after her pacing himself and when he was closer he'd pick up speed, now whether they'd match pace or one would win and the other not who knew. It just felt good to have fun for once.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((hmmmm who should win? Inrii cant cook, she burns things...lol.))

Zek kept up good.
she kept a bit ahead in the relatively small tunnel. the L curve slowed her down but it was a tight fit, hard for him to sneak by, tho possible.
she grabbed the edge to give herself a boost up twords the cave mouth.

((it dont matter who wins. tho your character is much more advanced so ur the higher probability. she just having fun. but she may cheat...;) )
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka couldn't help but smirk and laugh. [i:30xcprt3]You do realize that Zarstra has a point on your sanity[/i:30xcprt3] Aurora thought to Veraka.
[i:30xcprt3]Yeah, I know, but I blame my bloodline for that.[/i:30xcprt3]
The great wolf merely shakes her head at his response.
"I wonder where the rogue ranger and pyro-nut are at?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(( Cheat as she wants he'll probably teach her to not burn food so much))

He didn't sneak by solely because it was too close for probably both of their comfort levels. He did however do the same move and planted his feet on the rock and pushed himself up.

(( Personally I think a "tie" could be the most amusing))
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

clearing the bend and exiting the tunnel, she smirked she was ahead; then she got slowed down as her long hair tangled around her. she grab his foot to pull him back and slow him just enough for her to catch up and pass him. getting out as he caught back up.
the 30 ft they were tied, and both heads burst from the water in the center of the spring.
Zarstra heard the comotion. she got excited.
[i:7hvavvyh]she's back![/i:7hvavvyh]
she crawled from her spot near the fire down twords the water's edge.
Inrii released her water breathing spell and took a gulp of fresh air.
She just busted out laughing at everything.
[i:7hvavvyh]what trouble this time?[/i:7hvavvyh] Zarstra asked.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

As they exited he felt the pull on his leg and looked at her seeing the tangle and laughed as they'd both surface. Taking the breath of fresh air he followed her and shook his head laughing.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Ah, there you are," Veraka said in a mock concerned tone; "the lizard was beginning to worry about you, pyro-nut."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

when she was finally able to stop, she turned to look at Zarstra and Veraka on shore, likely looking at them like they lost their minds.
[i:1m05z1hx]aw, Zarstra, did you miss me?
whaddya think?[/i:1m05z1hx] she replied sarcastically.
'you too smart for your own good,' Inrii thought.
she snickered again, "pyro-nut? you just missed some fun."
commenting to Zek as she treaded water, "hmmm, a tie? now what?"
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

At the question he just gave her a slight grin." Well what do we have for food with us? If we don't have anything a brief hunt and then you can help me cook." Moving next to her." Unless you have more ideas?"
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"well," she thinks back to what she packed two days ago. "i have jerky, and jerky, and um, jerky," she laughs, "it's the easiest thing to pack and carry. ooo, cooking? ummm, well then you better like [i:3k63jz9u]well [/i:3k63jz9u]done. that was not my specialty thats for sure."
she starts slowly and lazily back twords her stuff by the tree, not in much of a hurry.
still thinking he calls to shore, "no chance yall have supper?"
zarstra looks to veraka then back, [i:3k63jz9u]does him cooking himself count?[/i:3k63jz9u]
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Thinking he just shook his head slowly." Personally that's fine with me if I'm ravenous enough. Tell you what.. how about I show you how to cook and gain a little bit of control over your overzealous application of fire?"
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka gave Inrii an 'are you kidding me' look; "if you're gonna cook, I'll just share my meal with Aurora."
[i:y6p6gy70]No, you'll go hunt your own meal; I'm taking leave of my duties for awhile[/i:y6p6gy70] Aurora telepathically told the aasimar as she rested her head down.
"Or I'll just starve, for right now," he said as he dug through his pack, "Hey Zek, you know how to cook something like this," he asked, pulling out a package, "I'm not sure how often you guys get to eat pasta and it just so happens I've got a desert on hand that we can enjoy if we want."
Last edited by veraka on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((we have use of changing color of text, so i'm gunna use or try to remember to use colors to indicate [color=green:3kaa0211]thinking [/color:3kaa0211]or [color=blue:3kaa0211]signing[/color:3kaa0211]...just so i quit confusing myself anyways...))

"overzealous?" she asked playfully, "never me," as she gave an innocent look. "I have complete control."
more serious, "i dont use spells for cooking. I get bored and forget I'm cooking. big difference." she stuck her tongue out just for good measure.

She slowed as she neared shore, her feet resting on the sand.
"what did yall snatch from the farmer's anyway? their gotta be something edible. rivvin must have something we can enjoy."
the water was still up to her neck, '[color=green:3kaa0211]getting out of the warm water into the cold air, at least we got a good fire going'[/color:3kaa0211] she thought.
she wrapped her arms around her chest, more to hide the old wound and keep warm than anything and started to walk out.
her knee-length hair kept dripping the water down her and the cool air chilling her. thru her hair one could see her very lean but toned self. She grew up with cruel peers and among mostly males so she had gotten over modesty early, especially since most considered her not the ideal shapes that her sister was, but the lack of those 'traits' saved her life numerous times.
She walked to her stuff, shivering a little.
'[color=green:3kaa0211]I guess I will bathe before we get going. wont hurt to jump in again. maybe wash these,[/color:3kaa0211]' she said to her self sniffing her clothes. she placed the soap back in her pack and slipped her spidersilk shirt and pants back on.
Grabbing her stuff, she carried her piwafwi, boots, glove/bracers and pack in her arms over to a spot on the grass near the fire.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Following suit he left the water and went through his bags and pulled out some bundles he had and opened them up. Some spices, salts, meats, different vegetables, roots and plant life. Clearly years as a ranger taught him how to survive off of the land, then again some knowledge of nature, magic and some insight from a druid or two helps. Fishing through a bag he muttered" I love these bags.." He pulled out a small pot." nothing much, but it'll work for us, if need be, I'll make a second batch. I don't have bowls just some spoons I carved from wood." Which he pulled out and set to getting water in the pot and made a makeshift rack in which he hung the pot off of and started to throw some chunks of the cured meat, and other ingredients as well as some salt and then a few sprigs of different herbs." It'll fortify us and for the magic users.. might help fortify your minds to use your magic. I won't say it'll help you concentrate and focus and not lose control.. but it'll help you some anyways." Stirring the contents he'd just sit down on a rock. Unphased by his lack of clothing, he just ignored the scars on his arms, knowing if he didn't bring attention to them the better off.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Overhearing Zek, Veraka pulled out some simple bowls; tossing them to Zek, "here, I know they're not much, but they should do."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix