On The Shores of Despair Pt. 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(hey welcome back; long time, no see)
Veraka looked dumbfounded at the odd and bizarre stranger that just randomly appeared. Then, realizing who the oddball was, Veraka burst out laughing.
"I think I'd preferred you when you were attempting to silver dragons and crashing your ass through trees as a side thought," the aasimar wooted as he looked over the apparently improved Biot, with a curious eye.
"Fifty years has passed by in a matter of days; well I don't know what plane of existence you hail from, but I'd prefer NOT to have time pass by that fast."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

(Thanks, I've been away much longer that I intended. I'll need to catch up.)

"Veraka, luckily with drow and demi god blood running through my veins I'll reach a great age. Nobody knows. I've been training for 50 years every day. I was told a time of great torment and evil was coming and I must be ready. The other realm helped me get 50 years worth of experience in combat in a matter of days. I just hope its enough. Its great to see that everyone is still alive. We must get going, time is not on our side anymore."

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

((Wait. . . what?))

"Still a child though." Frad was singularly unimpressed by this interruption. "Fifty years, like it's nothin' at all ta miss. Hope yer demigodly prowess ain't held back too much by th' rest of us." Frad shook his head. "Yeah, tha god o' war, just brilliant." Lyon hushed Frad and nodded to the suddenly-returned man in apology. "That's his [i:26cno163]father[/i:26cno163] Frad, not him." Frad grumbled but didn't argue the point.

Pwdn was visible for a short amount of time, but decided to let Bio settle in and see how he'd changed first.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

~Cinder reached down and made a snow ball wile Adian was not looking and caught him on the back of the neck~

"Biot" she called out. " your back and you missed all the fun. So glad to see you old friend." she stood up to greet him. " Vendui al'doer and no dragons" ? she smiled happy to see him. " Come and sit down with us we are just resting from a long drawn out battle." She walked over to her mount and unfastened a large skin of cider. " Zarae didn't you have a few loaves tucked away i think now might be a good time to bring out some of them provisions we may as well have a meal wile we rest." She said taking a drink then passing it on. I will start a small fire as long as no one objects, a little warmth and relaxation would do us all some good i think we have earned it." she said gathering a few dry branches from a dry spot under a pine. " There ought to be a few dead trees lying around dry enough to make a small fire " she said looking around. " I think we have a little time Biot, are you sure your clock is not reeling in time from your passage through protals?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The mighty aasimar stood there looking at a recently returned Biot with his arms folded across his chest. He shook his head realizing that this young half-drow was definitely going to make this adventure interesting to say the least.
"Hmm, so let's see here; a son of demi-god, with drow blood mixed in there, and the son of an archangel fighting along side each other, this should be interesting to say the least." Seeing Frad's reaction, Veraka understood how the dwarf was feeling, but was glad Lyon was keeping his wits about him.
"Come on over, we're just recuperating from the last battle we had; so have a seat somewhere and we can discuss a few things," the aasimar said, keeping himself over next to Frad, Lyon and Phenix.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

~Cinder and Zarae distributed some bread and dried meat, the fire was just big enough to throw off some warmth to the group.

She sat beside Pwdn and ate her piece of dark loaf and meat. Then taking out her arrows and stone to sharpen them she hoped Pwdn would take a interest in joining her again there were lots of arrows to sharpen and who knows what was around the next bend. Frad and Lyon were poking sticks in the coals firing humorous remarks at each other. Cinder opened her mind to Adain glancing over his way " I know you ment know offence i can get hottie now and then, I would love you to join me in a hunt some time along the way two heads are always better then one in a hunt " she looked at him hopeful with a slight smile shrugging her shoulders.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((sorry this is quick and late, company came over...))

(just to smooth this out:

it was sugguest the group take a break and make some grub. Zarae motioned ahead to a natural barrior. they rode to it and dismounted to set up.
then suddenly someone randomly appeared. he looked familiar.
"vendui?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:1a1fke6o]Agreed, Cinder,[/i:1a1fke6o] Adian said. [i:1a1fke6o]When it is needed, certainly.[/i:1a1fke6o]

At the moment, though, Adian found himself worrying a little about the sudden raise in violent capability the presence of the powerful...and possibly mad...self-described demigod. If true, this would be the second time he had encountered such a being...the first being a child of Corellon Larathian in the persona of Nedylene Rahn. His experience had taught him that a child of a deity tended to personify the nature of a god...and this being was the child of a god of [i:1a1fke6o]war[/i:1a1fke6o]...

He had heard tales of warriors of gods of battle actually changing sides to keep a battle going.

Still...this man had not demonstrated such enthusiasm for violence. Merely a disturbing casualness about it. No doubt he would be great to have on their side in a battle. But what about when combat would be counter-productive?

He would have to see.
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

"Vendui Zarae and Vendue All."

Biot went to sit by the crackling fire, saying nothing, just looking into the flames. He feels ashamed about what he had just done. He didn't even know what the person spying on the group was after, and if he meant harm, but it was what he was trained to do, and have to do in order to survive. Killing has become like food to him, the longer he goes without killing the weaker he gets. His father always told him that he shouldn't be ashamed about wanting to kill and that its his drow half making him feel ashamed. He doesn't like the feeling of wanting to kill all the time, but if he doesn't he'll more than likely wither away and die.

Biot shakes his head and looks around at the group. He can see that a lot has happened since he left. He's just glad that him disappearing like that didn't bring harm to anybody.

"What happened while I was away? I can see that you were in a fierce battle."

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"um....thats about it, and a snow ball fight." she replied to the now recognized male. she laughed at that thought.
"an I still owe you frad," she called out to him.
with lunch passed around, reached into her bag to feed Moonlight before joining back in to eat her own meal.
"a rest is what I think we all needed," she put in to the silent sounds of crunching and eating.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

"A good nights sleep sounds good. I haven't had one of those in a long time."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looks to Biot, giving a nod to the thought of rest; "though I'm not much for trying to find rest, I believe that some R&R could do us all well."

He decided that he would try to lighten Frad's apparent mood; "hey Frad, when's the last time you went on an ale-rampage, ehh?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

As Cinder sat by Pwdn sharpening and cleaning her arrows, Biot sat down beside her she passed the skin of cider and offered him some bread and dryed meat. " Don't fret so Biot over the spy " she said hoping to comfort her friend, she reached into one of her pouches and carefully selected a long dry grass that was braided lighting the end in fire she let it burn for a few moments then blow it out, the smoke from the heated end ross in a delightful fragrant she fanned to toward him with her hand " breath this Biot it will calm you, make your peace with the forces that be and let it go." She knew her friends sensitive side but he had changed so much and was a bit uncertain. " You have a lot to adjust to Biot "

" I think that rest is what we all could use." She held the braided grass in frount of her and fanned it toward her face breathing in the calming aroma.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

((I could have sworn I had another reply out. . . yes, I spent half an hour on it typing pieces up in-between chores. Have to try again, sorry guys))

Frad dismounted from Phenix as they came to a stop, Lyon following soon afterwards. Pwdn, feeling the stop, deposited herself on the ground and brought her cloak around herself. She moved over to Biot and Cinder, offering again to help her friend sharpen her arrows. "A clean wound is always kinder, did you know? The smith who taught me said that, I didn't understand at first but it's true. A sharp blade will slice flesh, but a dull one will tear and rip, causing much greater pain. Similarly an arrow with a chipped head can splinter on contact, and unless the splinters are all removed the wound will fester from it, which is so very much worse."

She was establishing this philosophy for Biot's benefit, turning to him as she finished speaking. She was conflicted, a future aspect of a war god was not company she was expecting to keep and while she had met him before and understood him to be kind, if maybe a little misguided, fifty years could change a man in many ways. "You said you are godblooded, beholden to a war god? Do you kill often?" She cleaned the arrows as she spoke, each left mirrored and gleaming, and with a small etched sigil at the base of the head.

Frad sought out some candies from the saddlebags where he's stashed them, still muttering then yelling as Phenix snorted in his ear. "What tha hells- ?!" He suddenly realised the intent and held out a bonbon for her which she snaffled up eagerly. "Ya coulda waited fer me ta pull em out first." Phenix looked decidedly coy, and batted her eyelashes at him with a simple innocence, doing a very skilled impression of an adoring foal. "Yeah, I knew ya were gonna say that." He had one himself and went to offer the syrup-filled, dusted mints to Zarae. "Here, not one I saw ya try yet."

Lyon drew his sword and set about cleaning it, and looking for something to line the scabbard. The fur was becoming worn, and in cold places like this the bare metal would ice up and stick, and stop it from being drawn. He also drew his thumb longways across the blade, feeling its' edge. He was trained with the sword and shield, but having seen Pwdn's reaction felt that te blade wasn't suitable for him any more. "Pwdn, you said you were taught by a smith you helped. Is it possible to make a keenly blade with a dull edge?"

Pwdn looked back at this, and shook her head. "No, a sword will have an edge, and it it does not it will be weak. That's why your brother-paladins usually enchant them." She smiled and turned back to Biot, and Lyon brightened considerably. "I need to find an artificer, and have a very long talk."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((oh i hate it. when a good long response is written out and the computer go funky and wierd and doesnt post. i learned to copy before hitting submit, the hard way. and no problem)

Zarae sat as a voice whispered into her mind. a warning. maybe the new guy was right. but a name came across and dampened her demeanor. she hid it well as the dwarf offered her the mints and she smiled. she looked at it then popped it in her mouth. the mint, tho she didnt know it, was good. that was a spice she really liked.
"thats really good Frad. the spice in it...what is it?"
the voice now was quiet. and she sat their listening again to everyone. she knew what she had to do, and she hated it. but her duty was to not get them into her mess. Zarae knew what chances she took in coming. the same soft voice lead her here to begin with. and now it was telling her to deal with them.
the smell of the incense sorta reminded her of old home, tho these were better smelling, alot better. of course not trying to call up those melted candle looking things may have helped the smell also.
"so while we wait, we should tell stories. Maybe, um Biot right? you want to go first?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~